BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 72 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed to much about one subject. This forum is not just about Leading Edge recruiting and BBL's tune that it is a better club and better at LAX than everyone else. Here is the deal and hopefully people can find other things to talk about like fall ball starting in a few weeks.

5-7 years ago LE used to commit almost 25 kids a year to D1. Just look at their website. Like someone mentioned earlier, parity is setting in with the big 3 NJ clubs and they are all pretty equal now. There are a lot of talented kids in NJ now. They are scattered amongst many clubs. LE, BBL, Tri State, Blue Star, NJ Riot, Patriot, South Shore and Mad Dog just to name the big ones, have placed kids at every single college ever mentioned in this blog!!!!!! Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Duke, Hopkins, NC, Richmond, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines (kidding no Marines), UMASS, Hobart, Villanova, I can keep going but I hope you get the point. Go on their web pages and the info is right there! Almost every darn school at some point!!

My second point is none of our NJ teams are really that good. They sometimes make it to the semi's of some tournaments but not often. BBL 2024 probably had the best chance to be above average but they lost 3 full time starters so that might hurt. Mad Dog 2025 had a chance to be special but BBL and LE are probably going to pass them. 2024 has some kids each on the big three that are really good so we will see what they do this summer. But again, they are all scattered about. All the 2023 teams are weak, weak weak, LE, BBL, Tri State and everyone else! The kids are all scattered and not one team is impressive AT ALL! 22's are basically done, I hope all the clubs update their commits web pages to show who is committed if they are not afraid to do so.

There is no reason to leave your club for any team. If you are good enough your director and staff will get you somewhere.

No team in NJ is special in terms of skill or gameplay.

No team in NJ does anything better recruiting wise. There are kids at or have been at all of the D1 schools from almost EVERY major CLUB in NJ!

I feel much better now ๐Ÿ˜œ

What fall tournaments everyone going to?
3 NJ kids were invited to Midnight Madness. TriState, LE & Riot.
I'm not sure having only 3 is a good thing!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed to much about one subject. This forum is not just about Leading Edge recruiting and BBL's tune that it is a better club and better at LAX than everyone else. Here is the deal and hopefully people can find other things to talk about like fall ball starting in a few weeks.

5-7 years ago LE used to commit almost 25 kids a year to D1. Just look at their website. Like someone mentioned earlier, parity is setting in with the big 3 NJ clubs and they are all pretty equal now. There are a lot of talented kids in NJ now. They are scattered amongst many clubs. LE, BBL, Tri State, Blue Star, NJ Riot, Patriot, South Shore and Mad Dog just to name the big ones, have placed kids at every single college ever mentioned in this blog!!!!!! Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Duke, Hopkins, NC, Richmond, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines (kidding no Marines), UMASS, Hobart, Villanova, I can keep going but I hope you get the point. Go on their web pages and the info is right there! Almost every darn school at some point!!

My second point is none of our NJ teams are really that good. They sometimes make it to the semi's of some tournaments but not often. BBL 2024 probably had the best chance to be above average but they lost 3 full time starters so that might hurt. Mad Dog 2025 had a chance to be special but BBL and LE are probably going to pass them. 2024 has some kids each on the big three that are really good so we will see what they do this summer. But again, they are all scattered about. All the 2023 teams are weak, weak weak, LE, BBL, Tri State and everyone else! The kids are all scattered and not one team is impressive AT ALL! 22's are basically done, I hope all the clubs update their commits web pages to show who is committed if they are not afraid to do so.

There is no reason to leave your club for any team. If you are good enough your director and staff will get you somewhere.

No team in NJ does anything better recruiting wise. There are kids at or have been at all of the D1 schools from almost EVERY major CLUB in NJ!

3 NJ kids were invited to Midnight Madness. TriState, LE & Riot.
I'm not sure having only 3 is a good thing!

How many were invited total? 3 is not terrible but would like to see that number around 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Post...basically hit everything right on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you? Anyway, nice writeup. Fall tournaments are not out yet but it would be good to discuss here how NJ teams do in them, especially if they happen to play each other.

NLF Fall Championship is 11/22/2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

And you wonder why there are LE haters on here. LE lover please talk about a tournament that has another team in norther/central NJ on here. Or make a LE forum on here where you can all pump up your LE chests.

LE is Great! NLF is great. If it were really great don't you think LE would allow more than 1 north Jersey team in the NLF. Too scared i guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF organizers wonโ€™t let in a team that they are scared of in 2026. They know which team Iโ€™m referring to. Weak move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF organizers wonโ€™t let in a team that they are scared of in 2026. They know which team Iโ€™m referring to. Weak move.
I would worry less about NLF and start looking at 3StepSports, they are taking over Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

And you wonder why there are LE haters on here. LE lover please talk about a tournament that has another team in norther/central NJ on here. Or make a LE forum on here where you can all pump up your LE chests.

LE is Great! NLF is great. If it were really great don't you think LE would allow more than 1 north Jersey team in the NLF. Too scared i guess.

Not an LE lover, far from it. But wouldnโ€™t you do the same thing too? Itโ€™s part of the differentiation that they have as a club. Itโ€™s kind of smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

Not an LE lover, far from it. But wouldnโ€™t you do the same thing too? Itโ€™s part of the differentiation that they have as a club. Itโ€™s kind of smart.

Naptown and NAL have the same scouts at their large summer tournaments as the NLF does. Just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree LE has an advantage.

Enjoy the ride in high school. I do club so my children have a
an awesome high school sports experience. I only have 1child that even wants to play lacrosse in college. If he does great if does not great. Cost me almost the same for his college either way.

Sports in college is great but it is a job you most likely will be paid peanuts in assistance for playing.

A football or basketball prodigy would be something else at a good D1. Full ride.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

Naptown and NAL have the same scouts at their large summer tournaments as the NLF does. Just sayin.

Naptown and NAL are also MASSIVE tournaments. I'm not saying thats a bad thing. Coaches flock to all 3 events, but I tend to believe a smaller event with the same number of coaches is more beneficial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

So does the big NXT one, not the smaller one. NLF is not the only show in town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

Naptown and NAL are also MASSIVE tournaments. I'm not saying thats a bad thing. Coaches flock to all 3 events, but I tend to believe a smaller event with the same number of coaches is more beneficial.

I guess the question is whether a poor showing at NLF is a disadvantage. If you are not advancing, is there as much exposure to college coaches, I don't know the answer, but just a thought. In comparison, NAL had a ton of coaches that attended the consolation games as well because the field was so strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

The NLF is just as big as them at the HS level, maybe 8 teams less per grade year than Naptown, so I am not sure what your point is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

I guess the question is whether a poor showing at NLF is a disadvantage. If you are not advancing, is there as much exposure to college coaches, I don't know the answer, but just a thought. In comparison, NAL had a ton of coaches that attended the consolation games as well because the field was so strong.

There were scouts at all the initial divisional games at NLF, Naptown, Crabfeast and NAL. They do not just go to the championship games. There are kids they want to look at on teams that will not make the Final 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would worry less about NLF and start looking at 3StepSports, they are taking over Lacrosse.

I never heard of 3 Steps until yesterday...they just bought and took over NXT, tried to purchase Freedom but were denied and apparently they are in negotiations to purchase the Annapolis Hawks???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never heard of 3 Steps until yesterday...they just bought and took over NXT, tried to purchase Freedom but were denied and apparently they are in negotiations to purchase the Annapolis Hawks???

They acquired HoganLax in August. Along with the events owned by Hogan, they also got the Hawks as part of the deal.

People are right in being concerned about 3 Step. This level of consolidation can be very dangerous. If one organization owns all the events, they dictate everything from the rules and who can participate to the cost to do so. I would be very worried if 3Step started acquiring some of these multi-sport venues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

There were scouts at all the initial divisional games at NLF, Naptown, Crabfeast and NAL. They do not just go to the championship games. There are kids they want to look at on teams that will not make the Final 4.

My comment was not meant to suggest that coaches just go to championship games, I was just wondering what it is like at the NLF games. Also, my use of the word "comparison" was probably a bad choice, I simply meant to note that, unlike a lot of other tournaments, there were a lot of coaches at the NAL consolation games because there were a lot of very good teams playing in the consolation rounds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towermen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towerman? I heard they only have a decent 2026 team. A one off team. They donโ€™t have a full program for all grades at this time.they are very proud and love to shout out about themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towerman? I heard they only have a decent 2026 team. A one off team. They donโ€™t have a full program for all grades at this time.they are very proud and love to shout out about themselves.

Decent? Hah. Ranked 6 in the nation. They beat number 1 and number 2 and took number 3 and 4 to OT. Iโ€™d say they are a bit better than decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towermen?

Decent? Hah. Ranked 6 in the nation. They beat number 1 and number 2 and took number 3 and 4 to OT. Iโ€™d say they are a bit better than decent.

Okay. I thought someone asking about the club. So trying to help I thought. I don't have a 2026 so sorry. However, it is not a myth Towermen parents crow a lot about that team. The BBL 2025 does not crow this much(my son is not on the BBL 25). LOL.

Are you guys going to WSYL? I am sure you will be number 1 after the WSYL. That helped a lot of teams with their rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towermen?

Okay. I thought someone asking about the club. So trying to help I thought. I don't have a 2026 so sorry. However, it is not a myth Towermen parents crow a lot about that team. The BBL 2025 does not crow this much(my son is not on the BBL 25). LOL.

Are you guys going to WSYL? I am sure you will be number 1 after the WSYL. That helped a lot of teams with their rankings.

Towermen trolls, come out to playyyyyy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the 2023s going? Not much news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the 2023s going? Not much news.

It will trickle in slowly, the 9/1 date is over-hyped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They acquired HoganLax in August. Along with the events owned by Hogan, they also got the Hawks as part of the deal.

People are right in being concerned about 3 Step. This level of consolidation can be very dangerous. If one organization owns all the events, they dictate everything from the rules and who can participate to the cost to do so. I would be very worried if 3Step started acquiring some of these multi-sport venues.
Any idea who the money is behind 3Step? If they take over all the events. They could box a club out that goes after their players. Charge much less if they are making all their money on events and renting fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any idea who the money is behind 3Step? If they take over all the events. They could box a club out that goes after their players. Charge much less if they are making all their money on events and renting fields.

Private Equity money. Juggernaut is one of the investors.

Interestingly they are also investing in sports facilities, though at this point it seems fairly regional (North East) and focused on basketball and baseball.

Interesting thing on Juggernaut's site about 3Step:
3 STEP owns and manages youth sports clubs, operates youth sporting events and camps and sells related apparel.

In addition, 3 STEP provides proprietary, subscription-based athlete scouting data, content and analytics to colleges and leading media outlets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi has anyone had the experience of a club dropping a year due to coaching, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi has anyone had the experience of a club dropping a year due to coaching, etc.
United & Mad Dog has done it. Too many teams on the Shore and not enough players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for a good team for my 2028. A lot of teams seem thin at this grade/year and we are hoping to find a program with enough players that there can be more than one team so that the boys can be taught and compete at an appropriate level. We are located in Central NJ. Thank you and good luck with your Fall Ball smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for a good team for my 2028. A lot of teams seem thin at this grade/year and we are hoping to find a program with enough players that there can be more than one team so that the boys can be taught and compete at an appropriate level. We are located in Central NJ. Thank you and good luck with your Fall Ball smile

Blue Star typically has several teams at each age group, but not sure about 2028, also a central jersey team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any NJ 2023 commit yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl, patriot and steps have great youth training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 question; who is happy with your team? Good coaching, competitive tournament and coaching. We may need to make a switch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 question; who is happy with your team? Good coaching, competitive tournament and coaching. We may need to make a switch.
what part of NJ and who are you with now? It all is based on what you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What program are you currently with and what are you making the switch for? That may help you make your decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 28 teams: BBL north, Jersey Express south. You can also do some of the PA teams. Rough Riders has some NJ kids on 27. I have no exposure to RR for the 28's. Overall 28 have head count numbers less than 25, 27, 29 so most clubs have a single team. Depending on what you are looking for. AA see above, single A team you have more options. What position is your son?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any NJ 2023 commit yet?
Should see a few go this weekend or over the next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lawrenceville kid went the other day. Probably one of the fogoโ€™s next, NJ has a few good โ€˜23s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lawrenceville kid went the other day. Probably one of the fogoโ€™s next, NJ has a few good โ€˜23s.
According to IL there are 10 4 star kids in NJ.. 2 NJ Riot, 4 LE, 1 2Knights, and zero for BBL!

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 72 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard