BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 143 of 144 1 2 141 142 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like a lot of Express parents making excuses for one of their own. If you don't think that we as parents are representing the club that we pay to be a part of at large events like this, you're kidding yourself.

I agree with you 100%. The parents are just making excuses. These are the same parents that dog WP for leaving a tournament after loosing a game calling it bad sportsman ship.

I believe as one of the oldest travel organization around they keepers of the game and have an obligation to make a statement in support. This is not about if they did something wrong as an organization or not it's simply about equity and empathy. The organization could have chosen to be an Allie but showed us who they are and stayed silent.

Stop with your cancel culture Thing

Accountability. Not cancel culture.

Accountability for what? Please explain exactly what transpired.

Wow, Very happy that I didn’t hold my breath while waiting for an answer.

At WSYL an Express mom went on a racist rant targeting a Native American team. She stated that "they did not belong". The team then stated that they would no longer participate in WSYL. WSYL, Inside Lacrosse, and several lacrosse ambassadors put out statements in support of the Native Americans. Crickets from Express.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—-“At WSYL an Express mom went on a racist rant targeting a Native American team. She stated that "they did not belong". The team then stated that they would no longer participate in WSYL. WSYL, Inside Lacrosse, and several lacrosse ambassadors put out statements in support of the Native Americans. Crickets from Express.”—

Oh please, were you there?

Nonsense, I do not believe your account of what transpired to be accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaney probably talked him into reclassifying like half the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—-“At WSYL an Express mom went on a racist rant targeting a Native American team. She stated that "they did not belong". The team then stated that they would no longer participate in WSYL. WSYL, Inside Lacrosse, and several lacrosse ambassadors put out statements in support of the Native Americans. Crickets from Express.”—

If it’s not true then why were there formal statements released regarding the incident? The only ones who haven’t commented are the Express organization. Guess they condone it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are way too funny. When did this happen? Why are you still talking about this? There are other things going on that should you should worried about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There have been two sides to this story on here and one account where someone says they saw it on film. Hopefully Express watched the film? Maybe they did?

If someone does have the film of it, show it and we can make up our own thoughts on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is everyone's account of what transpired. The crickets from Express is honestly disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is everyone's account of what transpired. The crickets from Express is honestly disgusting.

No, it is not everyone’s account.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it is not everyone’s account.

It’s obviously not everyone’s take away , as you can see the difference of opinions of people posting on here. Some that witnessed it in person , as well. There Seems to be people on both sides as to what transpired. Did she say “you don’t belong here” meaning at that table? Or , meaning at the event? Would she have said that to any group sitting there ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. And it is absolutely terrible that Express is still trying to defend themselves and pretend it didn’t happen. How about you apologize and mean it. Then we can move on. Why is that so hard? It is disgusting!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. And it is absolutely terrible that Express is still trying to defend themselves and pretend it didn’t happen. How about you apologize and mean it. Then we can move on. Why is that so hard? It is disgusting!

It's exactly the type of culture the owner of Express encourages, from the youngest team to the oldest. Put the entire organization together for a group picture and you will find very little contrast in the picture. It's embarrassing to listen to some of the comments parents pass regarding kids, especially holding onto a red Solo cup. Many parents of these kids and young men feel as though they are entitled, entitled to what, I don't know. I taught my kid to friend people until they give you a reason not to. I can only say, WSYL was a bad look and I wasn't surprised it happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So one person says " you dont belong ". And it is a national incident? I doubt if they apologize this would end it with the woke crowd and you.

Simple solution, get rid of lady and a simple statement. But that is never enough. Dont have a clue about this except, that this is the stuff that polarizes people more than brings them together .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's exactly the type of culture the owner of Express encourages, from the youngest team to the oldest. Put the entire organization together for a group picture and you will find very little contrast in the picture. It's embarrassing to listen to some of the comments parents pass regarding kids, especially holding onto a red Solo cup. Many parents of these kids and young men feel as though they are entitled, entitled to what, I don't know. I taught my kid to friend people until they give you a reason not to. I can only say, WSYL was a bad look and I wasn't surprised it happened.

Everyone agrees that you're a liar and a bafoon. My kid doesn't even play for Express and I can see you're an Express hater. Go crawl back under that rock you came out from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express organization are full of a bunch of parents and kids who feel entitled and special ! Get over yourselves, and start showing some class. There is More to life than lacrosse! They need to teach their kids that. Be respectful and humble. Those are good qualities and will serve your kid better in “real life”!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So one person says " you dont belong ". And it is a national incident? I doubt if they apologize this would end it with the woke crowd and you.

Simple solution, get rid of lady and a simple statement. But that is never enough. Dont have a clue about this except, that this is the stuff that polarizes people more than brings them together .

One person trying to disrupt and they clearly get off on getting any kind of response. No sense talking reason with this person. Many have tried. Waste of time and only fans the flame. Let’s move on from ever responding to this person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only time in youth lacrosse that teams from across the world and country get together to break bread and socialize away from the field and Express parents ruin it! Whatever the Express apologist have to say can't take away the embarrassment for Jake, his sponsors and all the other teams that heard and watched two TEAMS walk out in the middle of a dinner. Jake obviously wants to keep Express happy and won't punish or force them to speak on the incident. But Jake did feel the pressure and noted that unacceptable behavior wouldn't be tolerated during his remarks at the championship games. Unfortunately he has done nothing since then. No one should expect the Lax Bros Express organization to take responsible actions. Not that kind of program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express organization are full of a bunch of parents and kids who feel entitled and special ! Get over yourselves, and start showing some class. There is More to life than lacrosse! They need to teach their kids that. Be respectful and humble. Those are good qualities and will serve your kid better in “real life”!

Yes! It's never too late to do the right thing! Horrible role models for young men!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! It's never too late to do the right thing! Horrible role models for young men!

The same person commenting on their own comments. Go away already. No one wants to hear it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the same person, sorry. There are way more than one person outraged that Express condones racist remarks from members. Not that hard to do the right thing! But you are the same person who thinks if you tell people to stop standing up for human rights that we will listen. You want the comments to stop, yet you keep commenting? Not the sharpest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the same person, sorry. There are way more than one person outraged that Express condones racist remarks from members. Not that hard to do the right thing! But you are the same person who thinks if you tell people to stop standing up for human rights that we will listen. You want the comments to stop, yet you keep commenting? Not the sharpest!

That was my first comment. My second one is a question. You act like you know the full circumstances. Do you have first hand knowledge (Were you there to witness this)? I'll answer that, no you weren't. Don't preach human rights to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was my first comment. My second one is a question. You act like you know the full circumstances. Do you have first hand knowledge (Were you there to witness this)? I'll answer that, no you weren't. Don't preach human rights to me.

Didn’t have to be there. Twitter blew up with the details including a picture of the bigot after her rant, and the statement from the victims. I guess they made it all up? We’re you there? Let’s here your version and then tell me why nobody believes it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay everybody no freedom of speech here this isn't America........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t have to be there. Twitter blew up with the details including a picture of the bigot after her rant, and the statement from the victims. I guess they made it all up? We’re you there? Let’s here your version and then tell me why nobody believes it.

"Didn't have to be there". You are the worst type of person, Intolerant, judgmental, and oh so easily offended. "The victims", really "the victims", "Bigot", "Rant".... Give it a rest already. Correct me if I am wrong but was't this all about some kids being asked to move from a table that was not assigned to them? Is that what caused all of this? What exactly was said or done that would indicate that there was racism involved?

Were people in fact sitting at a table that was reserved for others?

Did the individuals who were sitting at the table not have a table reserved for them as well?

Were the tables reserved for the players only (not parents)?

Were there adults sitting at a table that was reserved for players?

What specifically was said? Please don't throw the term "racist rant" around if you do not have details.

It sounds to me that there was a disagreement and a verbal confrontation that some have tried to blow up into something more than it is.

How about this, get over it. Teach your kids to learn to deal with all situations and not to be "offended" every time someone says something or does something that they do not like or that they disagree with.

I have not read a single post detailing the specifics of exactly what happened, just the usual nonsense... "she went on a racist rant" and for the most part that has been stated by people who were not there or those who were not in close proximity to the table in question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you’re doing is not freedom of speech it’s hearsay, harassment, and defamation of character.

Defamation is the oral or written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you’re doing is not freedom of speech it’s hearsay, harassment, and defamation of character.

Defamation is the oral or written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime.

Lol, guess nothing happened. Everyone just making up lies and the team walked out for no reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There have been two sides to this story on here and one account where someone says they saw it on film. Hopefully Express watched the film? Maybe they did?

If someone does have the film of it, show it and we can make up our own thoughts on it.

These days everyone pulls out their phones and starts recording every little confrontation/situation that goes on. How is it that there is not a bunch of videos of this incident?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These days everyone pulls out their phones and starts recording every little confrontation/situation that goes on. How is it that there is not a bunch of videos of this incident?

Simple, because it didn't happen the way some people act like it happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a very good question, why is there not a dozen videos of this "racist rant" that occurred in front of all these people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, what is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have the freedom to speak until it is proven that you meet the elements of defamation or harassment according to requisite statutes of your locality and has been determined by the criminal or civil court in prosecution or b civil lawsuit and been ruled against by the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have the freedom to speak until it is proven that you meet the elements of defamation or harassment according to requisite statutes of your locality and has been determined by the criminal or civil court in prosecution or b civil lawsuit and been ruled against by the same.

Wow. Interesting stuff here that nobody cares about. Don't let that distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Interesting stuff here that nobody cares about. Don't let that distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon

Specifically, YOU don't care. Please don't advocate for everybody. What you wrote is a nonsensical rant in retort to someone's statement that you didn't like. Interresting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jumped the shark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it was on Twitter must be true. Everything on the internet is true. I read that on the internet. 😆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY woman told other team they don't belong at that table as it was reserved for another team, and then it turned into, "Oh, we don't belong because of our skin!?". Typical outrage victim response and paint the white woman as a racist. Express was right to not even acknowledge the race baiting. WYSL on the other hand did the woke thing and condemned it despite it being 100% their fault for terrible planning for the banquet that caused the whole issue. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY woman told other team they don't belong at that table as it was reserved for another team, and then it turned into, "Oh, we don't belong because of our skin!?". Typical outrage victim response and paint the white woman as a racist. Express was right to not even acknowledge the race baiting. WYSL on the other hand did the woke thing and condemned it despite it being 100% their fault for terrible planning for the banquet that caused the whole issue. Move on.

Um...OK Karen....multiple sources see it a different way. Typical white privilege talking here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um...OK Karen....multiple sources see it a different way. Typical white privilege talking here.

Yet you think it is perfectly fine to use “Karen” a derogatory term.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were “those multiple sources” there? Let’s just hear from people who were actually there, and their take on it. Could it simply be , the parents were mad their kids couldn’t sit down and the adults were sitting there? Lashed out at the adults sitting? Maybe not racially motivated???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dominican here

Like Reply Quote
Page 143 of 144 1 2 141 142 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard