Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Port Jefferson vs Mattituck Girls' Lacrosse at 2:00pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:52 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:47 PM
Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:42 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:33 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:11 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,070
Posts334,555
Members2,434
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 141 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 140 141
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #347570 08/27/21 09:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Speaking of LE -Tim Roy new head coach at Chatham.

That’s a great way to kill a program. I give it 2 years max.
Chris runs the show not Tim

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TM@BOTC #347606 08/27/21 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this article is accurate the first 40 to 50 2023s go fast this week and then further evaluation needed on the rest of class. Fall tournaments will be important for a lot of 23s

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...-top-recruiters-view-class-of-2023/58380

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347639 08/27/21 08:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s a great way to kill a program. I give it 2 years max.
Chris runs the show not Tim

I was referring to Chatham.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #347727 08/29/21 06:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September 1 is a couple days away. It will be interesting to see how the 23 class of NJ pans out with its recruiting class!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347728 08/29/21 06:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures at LE. They've been losing the talent battle to other clubs with HS connections. Maybe this will help them right the ship. It is ironic though, considering he has always said he just doesn't care about NJ high school lacrosse.

Right the ship? This comment shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

1. The 22 class is almost all completely committed with an insane list of schools. 23 class will have a bunch as well very early . 24 team has reloaded its roster, and the 2025 team is probably now the best in the state after adding 5 of jersey expresses top 6 players. (All of which tri state, bbl , etc.. tried to get)
2. Just because someone is taking over a high-school job doesn’t mean the kids are going to play for LE.
3. What’s so desperate about someone taking a top 10 in NJ coaching job?

Just sounds like you are another LE back of the cage hater.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347755 08/29/21 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures at LE. They've been losing the talent battle to other clubs with HS connections. Maybe this will help them right the ship. It is ironic though, considering he has always said he just doesn't care about NJ high school lacrosse.

Right the ship? This comment shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

1. The 22 class is almost all completely committed with an insane list of schools. 23 class will have a bunch as well very early . 24 team has reloaded its roster, and the 2025 team is probably now the best in the state after adding 5 of jersey expresses top 6 players. (All of which tri state, bbl , etc.. tried to get)
2. Just because someone is taking over a high-school job doesn’t mean the kids are going to play for LE.
3. What’s so desperate about someone taking a top 10 in NJ coaching job?

Just sounds like you are another LE back of the cage hater.

This discussion is getting boring. So much concern about being the best team in NJ, who cares. As far as any team is concerned, their record speaks for itself, so whether one speculates that a team is good, or whether a team added "top" players is irrelevant until the team proves itself. Get some quality wins against top teams and then this discussion carries more weight.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347850 08/30/21 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed to much about one subject. This forum is not just about Leading Edge recruiting and BBL's tune that it is a better club and better at LAX than everyone else. Here is the deal and hopefully people can find other things to talk about like fall ball starting in a few weeks.

5-7 years ago LE used to commit almost 25 kids a year to D1. Just look at their website. Like someone mentioned earlier, parity is setting in with the big 3 NJ clubs and they are all pretty equal now. There are a lot of talented kids in NJ now. They are scattered amongst many clubs. LE, BBL, Tri State, Blue Star, NJ Riot, Patriot, South Shore and Mad Dog just to name the big ones, have placed kids at every single college ever mentioned in this blog!!!!!! Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Duke, Hopkins, NC, Richmond, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines (kidding no Marines), UMASS, Hobart, Villanova, I can keep going but I hope you get the point. Go on their web pages and the info is right there! Almost every darn school at some point!!

My second point is none of our NJ teams are really that good. They sometimes make it to the semi's of some tournaments but not often. BBL 2024 probably had the best chance to be above average but they lost 3 full time starters so that might hurt. Mad Dog 2025 had a chance to be special but BBL and LE are probably going to pass them. 2024 has some kids each on the big three that are really good so we will see what they do this summer. But again, they are all scattered about. All the 2023 teams are weak, weak weak, LE, BBL, Tri State and everyone else! The kids are all scattered and not one team is impressive AT ALL! 22's are basically done, I hope all the clubs update their commits web pages to show who is committed if they are not afraid to do so.

There is no reason to leave your club for any team. If you are good enough your director and staff will get you somewhere.

No team in NJ is special in terms of skill or gameplay.

No team in NJ does anything better recruiting wise. There are kids at or have been at all of the D1 schools from almost EVERY major CLUB in NJ!

I feel much better now 😜

What fall tournaments everyone going to?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347894 08/30/21 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed to much about one subject. This forum is not just about Leading Edge recruiting and BBL's tune that it is a better club and better at LAX than everyone else. Here is the deal and hopefully people can find other things to talk about like fall ball starting in a few weeks.

5-7 years ago LE used to commit almost 25 kids a year to D1. Just look at their website. Like someone mentioned earlier, parity is setting in with the big 3 NJ clubs and they are all pretty equal now. There are a lot of talented kids in NJ now. They are scattered amongst many clubs. LE, BBL, Tri State, Blue Star, NJ Riot, Patriot, South Shore and Mad Dog just to name the big ones, have placed kids at every single college ever mentioned in this blog!!!!!! Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Duke, Hopkins, NC, Richmond, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines (kidding no Marines), UMASS, Hobart, Villanova, I can keep going but I hope you get the point. Go on their web pages and the info is right there! Almost every darn school at some point!!

My second point is none of our NJ teams are really that good. They sometimes make it to the semi's of some tournaments but not often. BBL 2024 probably had the best chance to be above average but they lost 3 full time starters so that might hurt. Mad Dog 2025 had a chance to be special but BBL and LE are probably going to pass them. 2024 has some kids each on the big three that are really good so we will see what they do this summer. But again, they are all scattered about. All the 2023 teams are weak, weak weak, LE, BBL, Tri State and everyone else! The kids are all scattered and not one team is impressive AT ALL! 22's are basically done, I hope all the clubs update their commits web pages to show who is committed if they are not afraid to do so.

There is no reason to leave your club for any team. If you are good enough your director and staff will get you somewhere.

No team in NJ does anything better recruiting wise. There are kids at or have been at all of the D1 schools from almost EVERY major CLUB in NJ!

I feel much better now 😜

How dare you? Anyway, nice writeup. Fall tournaments are not out yet but it would be good to discuss here how NJ teams do in them, especially if they happen to play each other.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #347898 08/30/21 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don’t have fall tournament info or any schedule yet for my sons team. Ugh!

Meanwhile my daughters I have info through November complete schedule.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347900 08/30/21 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel much better now 😜

3 NJ kids were invited to Midnight Madness. TriState, LE & Riot.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347913 08/30/21 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel much better now 😜

I'm not sure having only 3 is a good thing!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347990 08/31/21 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel much better now 😜

I'm not sure having only 3 is a good thing!

How many were invited total? 3 is not terrible but would like to see that number around 8.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348013 08/31/21 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel much better now 😜

Good Post...basically hit everything right on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348052 08/31/21 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel much better now 😜

How dare you? Anyway, nice writeup. Fall tournaments are not out yet but it would be good to discuss here how NJ teams do in them, especially if they happen to play each other.

NLF Fall Championship is 11/22/2021

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348087 08/31/21 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Fall Championship is 11/22/2021

Who cares?

And you wonder why there are LE haters on here. LE lover please talk about a tournament that has another team in norther/central NJ on here. Or make a LE forum on here where you can all pump up your LE chests.

LE is Great! NLF is great. If it were really great don't you think LE would allow more than 1 north Jersey team in the NLF. Too scared i guess.

Like Reply Quote
Page 115 of 141 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 140 141
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard