Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:51 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:43 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:40 AM
Next Level WINS 2026!
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:33 AM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,082
Posts335,748
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 89 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #347153 08/24/21 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Nope, she played almost every minute. So try again. The kid that left this year was a starter and fell down the totem pole due to weak play.

LD never came off the field. she didn’t leave cause of playing time. Probably a few factors but AS and the fact he shouldn’t be around young girls coaching them is one. The other probably is that her HS coach went and became a part of Jesters.
Kid this summer left cause of PT, but it was more AS holding a grudge cause she went to HS practice during playoffs instead of TG tourney. she did the right thing and got punished.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #347154 08/24/21 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Official visits can begin Sept 1st Junior year, and responding to someone prior question- yes, all the parents travel and lodging expenses "may" be picked up. That will depend on the school, their budget for that and how highly recruited your daughter is. I have heard many players get invites for unofficial visits, then if things go well can go back with a paid visit. As per NCAA you may only accept 4 official visits, but can visit all the rest on your own dime and basically accomplish the same thing. From the pre-covid era, most coaches spend sept 1st and the first several days of recruiting making home visits to their top recruits, then get back to campus to start welcoming players to campus visits. Many coaches will make offers over the phone, especially if they feel the player may be out of reach, they take a wild stab at it, trying to land their "Dream Player" (flipped the script right there).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347156 08/24/21 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any would be amazing, but if the offers came:

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Ignorant statement.

Hey I think it’s a great statement! And thanks for posting. Just look at the AU lacrosse. It looks like a bunch of old retired guys playing. It’s also not that interesting and just a core group of players living out their glory days.
My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.

Agree, the lacrosse career path for a college or pro female lacrosse player is limited at best. Hard to scrape together a living unless you’re on the hs or college coaching path. Your daughter should go for the best possible education and give herself career options. This sport can be an amazing launchpad to great things.[/quote]

It’s ignorant because it implies that kids graduating from schools other than top tier academic schools will only have lacrosse as a career path and or will be lost in life and direction.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347157 08/24/21 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Nope, she played almost every minute. So try again. The kid that left this year was a starter and fell down the totem pole due to weak play.

LD never came off the field. she didn’t leave cause of playing time. Probably a few factors but AS and the fact he shouldn’t be around young girls coaching them is one. The other probably is that her HS coach went and became a part of Jesters.
Kid this summer left cause of PT, but it was more AS holding a grudge cause she went to HS practice during playoffs instead of TG tourney. she did the right thing and got punished.

with is wrong with you?? AS runs the #1 team in the country. I know that is hard for you to say. You probably choke every time you hear it. But that is the truth. He is a very caring and committed coach, and the girls love him. Nobody is perfect, and he may have pushed too hard on her, but so be it. LD left, and the team did not miss a beat, in fact they got better. So please stop with your bizzare vendetta. Did your daughter get cut?? Think so! Wish the best for LD, a truly great kid who remains good friends with her former TG teammates. It's trolls like you who are the problem. September 1 is right around the corner, you should be more concerned with that, and why your daughter isn't getting the offers you hoped for than what happened to a girl who decided to play elsewhere. I know my daughter's phone will be ringing off the hook with my daughters first choices. How do I know you ask? Because TG communicates with college coaches and we are already communicating (within NCAA guidelines) with such coaches. Have a good night and try to get a life!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347160 08/24/21 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Official visits can begin Sept 1st Junior year, and responding to someone prior question- yes, all the parents travel and lodging expenses "may" be picked up. That will depend on the school, their budget for that and how highly recruited your daughter is. I have heard many players get invites for unofficial visits, then if things go well can go back with a paid visit. As per NCAA you may only accept 4 official visits, but can visit all the rest on your own dime and basically accomplish the same thing. From the pre-covid era, most coaches spend sept 1st and the first several days of recruiting making home visits to their top recruits, then get back to campus to start welcoming players to campus visits. Many coaches will make offers over the phone, especially if they feel the player may be out of reach, they take a wild stab at it, trying to land their "Dream Player" (flipped the script right there).

5 Official visits are allowed. But if you take one this year and commit, you can not use another to the same school

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347161 08/24/21 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

No, no time frame every situation is different. Coaches have their lists prioritized, they know who they want and they will tell them right away. Coaches do not beat around the bush with their top recruits. The reality is that “No Coach” gets all the players that they want. When a coach is willing to talk to your daughter or invite her on a visit but not willing to make an offer it is likely because the coach still thinks that they will get players that they have ranked higher than your daughter. The good news is that things can change rapidly once players start committing. When coaches don’t get the players they want they move down their list.
So, theoretically a player can go from not being offered a spot to being the coaches #1 recruit.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347173 08/24/21 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

Both got there offers from the school of their choice after midnight on 9/1 but I’m sure other coaches wait with some players

Last edited by JesLax1; 08/26/21 12:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347175 08/24/21 06:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both got there offers from the school of their choice after midnight on 9/1 but I’m sure other coaches wait with some players[/quote]

When you say offers, do you mean the money offered, or just that they wanted to recruit your daughter. Big difference, unless an Ivy!

Last edited by JesLax1; 08/26/21 12:17 PM. Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347409 08/26/21 01:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls took four official visits. Official visits are when the school pays for everything except the parents airfare which is not allowed to be paid for except for football and basketball parents. The school pays for the girls travel, meals…& the same for the parents. Typically they have them
On a home football weekend.
All my daughters offers were made before the visit but at every official and unofficial which they took as freshman before the rules changed they had meetings with the coaches individually.
Enjoy being wined and dined!!
Official visits can happen after 9/1 of your jr year

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347413 08/26/21 06:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls took four official visits. Official visits are when the school pays for everything except the parents airfare which is not allowed to be paid for except for football and basketball parents. The school pays for the girls travel, meals…& the same for the parents. Typically they have them
On a home football weekend.
All my daughters offers were made before the visit but at every official and unofficial which they took as freshman before the rules changed they had meetings with the coaches individually.
Enjoy being wined and dined!!
Official visits can happen after 9/1 of your jr year

Flights can be paid for. It's up to the school

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347496 08/26/21 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many kids on TG2023 played in HS playoffs and didn’t get punished for choosing HS over travel. That’s not why her playing time was limited.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #347504 08/26/21 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot wait to go through this process with my son in a revenue sport. The rules for football, etc and the money thrown at these guys is just tiresome to hear about when you are trying to figure out what to do with your very talented daughter in the sport of lacrosse.

Right now, I'm just holding the weekend of the 19th because it seems like every coach is doing their prospect day on that day. We will wait for the Sept 1 litmus test. Our club coach still not getting calls from d1 coaches (we are not with a power program like YJ, and we have not asked our coach to reach out to any programs yet) but lots of communication (one way) with daughter from d1 coaches in responses to her emails -- programs that are a step below the biggies mentioned here but very much the kinds of places where she would love to commit. Fingers crossed!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347513 08/26/21 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it expected that calls that come on or abiut 9/1 will result in girls having to go to more prospect days or camps? Is that the process ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347536 08/26/21 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it expected that calls that come on or abiut 9/1 will result in girls having to go to more prospect days or camps? Is that the process ?

There will generally be three tiers. Girls in the first tier will be offered official visits and get offers right away. Once those girls commit they will go after the second tier recruits. Third tier and below will be encouraged to attend the prospect day to possibly moved up to a higher tier. This process can take days or months so be prepared. Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347537 08/26/21 08:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I understand from this forum and our coach’s comments, very tippy top prospects (1-20?) — kind of kids getting calls from BC MD and UNC are going to hear right away with offers. There have already been back door conversations about these players between coaches and clubs. For the rest of the kids, it’s just the start of the conversation and will involve future prospect days and camps because the coach will want to see more of the player in action.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 89 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard