BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 326 of 327 1 2 324 325 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Name one Long Island team that beat them. Never happened. No ones crying. They are just undefeated against all the Long Island teams and have beaten the best teams in the country. The rankings should reflect that.

Don’t think you get how rankings work. They took some bad losses. Stop crying, your daughter will be a senior. Hopefully she is committed to a good school and has greener pastures look forward to. Otherwise she can sing “glory days” with the rest

When your kid is going to her junior or senior year why would anyone care about rankings anymore ? Your kids travel lax career is pretty much over at this point.

the best players in HS and college come from YJ. look at the rosters. look at the All Americans. look at the commitment.
rankings are a joke.
more than half the HS All Americans this past year are from YJ
look at the final 4 in college. over 25 girls from YJ. No other club comes close.

In the past yes. Won't be true this year! Top commits do not play for YJ. Times are changing!

When was the last time a YJ won the Tewaaraton? YJs come up short when it matters!

Shannon Smith

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Tewaaraton winners were awesome and represent LI and their program well but are outliers. Tough to refute the consistency and sheer amount of YJ girls that annually garner awards, commit and then again garner recognition in college.

There can be two great programs on LI. Players and their paranoid parents should be equally proud and happy things did or are working out for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith played YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard back from their tryout results yet? for 2026-2028. Do you only hear back if you make the team? Or do they send out email with the pinnie # or names? First year trying out YJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith played YJ

Only bc there weren’t other options back then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith played YJ

Just stating the facts to people who post wrong info. And BTW I am a long time Top Guns dad who is very grateful to the Smiths and their Program for all the help with my girls lacrosse careers. But I am not one of those parents that have been misled by others as to why they are supposed to detest the YJ organization. I am actually in the know as to why this so called feud exists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that change the fact that she was a YJ throughout her entire travel time in lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that change the fact that she was a YJ throughout her entire travel time in lacrosse

Of course it doesn’t change the fact that she’s a YJ alum. But this discussion originated from the post that stated that YJ isn’t as dominant as it was in years back. So in that context, it is relevant. YJ isn’t the powerhouse it used to be bc there are so many clubs now. That’s not to stay YJ isn’t dominant in some years. Clearly, it is. But it’s not the only game in town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith played YJ

Just stating the facts to people who post wrong info. And BTW I am a long time Top Guns dad who is very grateful to the Smiths and their Program for all the help with my girls lacrosse careers. But I am not one of those parents that have been misled by others as to why they are supposed to detest the YJ organization. I am actually in the know as to why this so called feud exists.

Care to enlighten us on why this feud exists? Might provide some helpful context and put an end to all the silly back and forth!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith played YJ

Care to enlighten us on why this feud exists? Might provide some helpful context and put an end to all the silly back and forth!

not really you should maybe asked the parties involved and make your own opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true!! Coaches choose their kid and kids friends… so much BS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what YJ charges for their annual tuition for 2032s ? or 2031s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what YJ charges for their annual tuition for 2032s ? or 2031s?

Yellow Jackets Payments for Summer 2023

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Contact us to help in promoting your event
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just back from Texas. Not sure what CR is thinking. For beginning of fall we had a parent filming our games, in Texas he was on the sideline screaming at the girls like a raving lunatic. What I considered the coaches of the team couldn't get a word in to the players over this guy. Found out from another parent that he is a PAL coach of a program that has no kids in it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just back from Texas. Not sure what CR is thinking. For beginning of fall we had a parent filming our games, in Texas he was on the sideline screaming at the girls like a raving lunatic. What I considered the coaches of the team couldn't get a word in to the players over this guy. Found out from another parent that he is a PAL coach of a program that has no kids in it

2025 team? Came to see if anyone else had something to say. That parent was supposed to be a "parent helper" according to the coaches. We have 2 coaches and a college player coaching. Not sure where the 3rd adult came in or what that was all about in Texas but definitely not ok with it and if that guy is around screaming like that again I'd be surprised. That wasn't yelling that was full blown screaming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 team? Came to see if anyone else had something to say. That parent was supposed to be a "parent helper" according to the coaches. We have 2 coaches and a college player coaching. Not sure where the 3rd adult came in or what that was all about in Texas but definitely not ok with it and if that guy is around screaming like that again I'd be surprised. That wasn't yelling that was full blown screaming

I would think that this would be super embarrassing but then again how some of the YJ parents acted at Lax for the Cure, I doubt it. One parent was acting like he was spallina coaching from the sidelines. And it wasn’t Not Spallina’s team. He also took the time to inform any parent around him that he knew what he was talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think that this would be super embarrassing but then again how some of the YJ parents acted at Lax for the Cure, I doubt it. One parent was acting like he was spallina coaching from the sidelines. And it wasn’t Not Spallina’s team. He also took the time to inform any parent around him that he knew what he was talking about.

Might be the same guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be the same guy

what 2025 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be the same guy
Did he have a cast on his foot. 😁

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 or 5 years ago, Carol wouldn't have tolerated that. The parent (and likely the kid) would be gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be the same guy
Did he have a cast on his foot. 😁

No, different team I guess lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 or 5 years ago, Carol wouldn't have tolerated that. The parent (and likely the kid) would be gone.

Well the parent should be gone from the sideline and screaming at the team. I can't imagine she will allow this to continue. Let him scream at his own kid like a lunatic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parents have become serious embarrassments on the side lines. they will reap what they sow... terrible but thats how it is now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parents have become serious embarrassments on the side lines. they will reap what they sow... terrible but thats how it is now

College coaches will inquire about a kids parents. I know, as when my daughter went through recruiting meetings they did mention asking about asking about parents “character”. Good luck to screaming dads kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches will inquire about a kids parents. I know, as when my daughter went through recruiting meetings they did mention asking about asking about parents “character”. Good luck to screaming dads kid

Screaming Dad/Coach presents a different problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its been like this for a couple years. Clearly Carol doesn't have the desire/energy to rein in parents anymore. The reality is that if you just bench one kid for one game due to parent behavior 95% of your parent problems would go away overnight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Team? Is it the same team who condones parents drinking in the parking lots and on the sidelines during tournaments? The same team where year after year the same disgusting mother gets so polluted that the hotel had to call the police on her bc of her behavior? The same team where these same parents are dropping F Bombs from the sidelines telling their unathletic daughters to 'take the f-ing ball yourself'? The same parents that openly bad mouth the other players on the team while standing on the sidelines for everyone to hear? Where the 2 coaches and 2/3 team dads play their kids, their kid's best friends or the rich dad's kids that are padding coaches pockets while overlooking and/or benching the more talented and athletic kids? Those parents should be banned and their kids made to sit the darn bench. Someone tried to blame a family that left the program for calling this [Censored] behavior to light-and they even blamed this same family for complaining about the coaches.....coaches too dim-witted to see the parents complained to carol about them-saying they were terrible coaches with no skill, weren't playing their kids, moved their kids position etc....now those coaches were forced to play the kids of the complaining parents.....this is why they can't and never will win a tournament. [Censored] parents of entitled, unathletic kids dictating how the game should be played. Big girls who can't outrun a fart, who force themselves to goal only to drop the ball, girls refusing to pass, attackers who can't move fast enough to get off a good shot. Only reason that team is keeping their head above water is bc the goalie makes good saves and one kid on the circle can scoop a terrible draw. Jambaronies.....watch as other teams make calls to take the better players leaving the rest of the girls gasping for air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Team? Is it the same team who condones parents drinking in the parking lots and on the sidelines during tournaments? The same team where year after year the same disgusting mother gets so polluted that the hotel had to call the police on her bc of her behavior? The same team where these same parents are dropping F Bombs from the sidelines telling their unathletic daughters to 'take the f-ing ball yourself'? The same parents that openly bad mouth the other players on the team while standing on the sidelines for everyone to hear? Where the 2 coaches and 2/3 team dads play their kids, their kid's best friends or the rich dad's kids that are padding coaches pockets while overlooking and/or benching the more talented and athletic kids? Those parents should be banned and their kids made to sit the darn bench. Someone tried to blame a family that left the program for calling this [Censored] behavior to light-and they even blamed this same family for complaining about the coaches.....coaches too dim-witted to see the parents complained to carol about them-saying they were terrible coaches with no skill, weren't playing their kids, moved their kids position etc....now those coaches were forced to play the kids of the complaining parents.....this is why they can't and never will win a tournament. [Censored] parents of entitled, unathletic kids dictating how the game should be played. Big girls who can't outrun a fart, who force themselves to goal only to drop the ball, girls refusing to pass, attackers who can't move fast enough to get off a good shot. Only reason that team is keeping their head above water is bc the goalie makes good saves and one kid on the circle can scoop a terrible draw. Jambaronies.....watch as other teams make calls to take the better players leaving the rest of the girls gasping for air.

Sounds like a couple other teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. My daughter is a 2025 on another top 10 ranked team. We happen to play the two middle teams at two tournaments in back to back weeks. One YJ team, the parents were disasters. Worst was the parent who invented lacrosse (cast on foot, in case he reads this forum which of course he does.) Following tournament was a pleasure to interact with the parents. Couple of fathers in a tightly contested game just cheering on their kids and also giving credit to the other team. Was a pleasure. Just shows that you can’t paint the whole organization with a broad brush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and to think they still beat top guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree - their goalie is so good she will have her choice of colleges starting for highly ranked team

disagree - that team has been successful and won some events in the past

agree - they are the delta house of club lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and to think they still beat top guns

Everyone beats top guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree - their goalie is so good she will have her choice of colleges starting for highly ranked team

“Delta house of club lacrosse”!!!’ Good one! Still laughing about that comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Delta house of club lacrosse”!!!’ Good one! Still laughing about that comment.

That's why they are on double secret probation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ARe there openings on YJ 26 teams? Is there a Nassau team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won't even inquire. Some college coaches won't even recruit anyone from that team. Culture is as important as talent at the college level and some coaches don't even want to risk drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are opening on every YJ team if you are good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are opening on every YJ team if you are good enough.

Lol, you mean if you are willing to pay or have a family and friends plan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the dates for YJ tryouts this summer?

Like Reply Quote
Page 326 of 327 1 2 324 325 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard