BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

As long as she isn’t a middie you’re fine.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

She’s actually attack. How are the odds there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing. One parent keeps complaining how bad yj is. Sorry... your kid isn’t good enough to play anymore. Two years ago she looked really good. It’s everyone else’s fault that she has not gotten better in two years ....and most other kids have. It’s the parent coaches fault that your kid doesn’t know how to play the game or doesn’t hustle. No one on high level teams pay for extra clinics/practices. It’s only YJ. You’re delusional. Good luck on a midlevel club beating up on bad travel teams. I look forward to more of your insightful travel posts in the future ...they make me laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing. One parent keeps complaining how bad yj is. Sorry... your kid isn’t good enough to play anymore. Two years ago she looked really good. It’s everyone else’s fault that she has not gotten better in two years ....and most other kids have. It’s the parent coaches fault that your kid doesn’t know how to play the game or doesn’t hustle. No one on high level teams pay for extra clinics/practices. It’s only YJ. You’re delusional. Good luck on a midlevel club beating up on bad travel teams. I look forward to more of your insightful travel posts in the future ...they make me laugh.

My daughter is coming back to grazzy but I’m still hoping there is a coaching change. Team could be so much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your delusional if you think it's only one parent who is complaining about how bad the coaching is. You might be surprised who is complaining about the head coach, I just hope people actually have the balls to say something to CR. Nothing will change if everyone just sits back and says nothing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is coming back to grazzy but I’m still hoping there is a coaching change. Team could be so much better.

Its a top-5 team, hard to argue with results. So the issue with coaching is the kids aren't learning X & Os, the subbing, technical stuff, verbal abuse, or all of the above?
My daughters team played you guys, and won, but it was clear there was one main scorer and a few others but I saw a talented team that took poor shots and was out of control with checks (refs called it tight which hurt you guys).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good if she is quick, team could use a couple in the attack position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs that previously only had one team now have 2? Where are all these kids coming from? Are they leaving existing teams or are new players emerging? I am amazed that some of these clubs can field a second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs that previously only had one team now have 2? Where are all these kids coming from? Are they leaving existing teams or are new players emerging? I am amazed that some of these clubs can field a second team.

They’ll keep fielding as many as they can as long as the money clears. Some kids and parents are fine to be on a B or C team. Not everyone is in this for the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, look at you big man...evaluating little girls and speaking about one little girl in particular? You should email that parent directly since you feel so strongly. Dare you. Because you seem to know a LOT about girls lacrosse. Doesn't know how to play the game or hustle? Calm down and focus on your own daughter. Or post her number so we can evaluate her play right back. And your commitment to 12 year old girls lacrosse makes ME laugh. Have a little humility (look that up) and realize that just b/c your daughter plays right now, doesn't mean she always will. She's TWELVE ...don't count your chickens before they hatch...it's a long road.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good if she is quick, team could use a couple in the attack position.

And just a heads up she won’t learn much in actual practice but the coach sends around really useful YouTube videos as part of your tuition. Next best to having practice I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big issue on Grazzy is that they had 22-23 girls last year and had a 14-15 girl rotation until garbage time. That means 8 or 9 girls aren't going to get meaningful game experience. You don't want to go to Grazzy as a fringe player. Better off for development playing on the B team -- Gaghan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big issue on Grazzy is that they had 22-23 girls last year and had a 14-15 girl rotation until garbage time. That means 8 or 9 girls aren't going to get meaningful game experience. You don't want to go to Grazzy as a fringe player. Better off for development playing on the B team -- Gaghan

That is typically the case with any team. You have to find the right team for your child. You never want to be at the bottom of a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is typically the case with any team. You have to find the right team for your child. You never want to be at the bottom of a team.

Much worse at YJ than at other places. Many other top clubs here or in MD will give most if not all players some burn in pool play games. (Best player obv play more). Look at FLG, TG, Heros, STEPS, Aces, most players play in most non-playoff games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth that Liberty black lost a chunk of their top players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

Amazes me that YJ holds their tryouts so late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

YJ used to hold tryouts in early December so they've gotten better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ll take YJ spots 26+++. The YJ rosters are ridiculous. Total money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the parent who's daughter can't make their teams.
They are always the best, so detest all you want. It's pure jealously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the roster sizes on average on the YJ teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the roster sizes on average on the YJ teams?

Last year's rosters are still on their website, you can see for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Ohana lacrosse club? Is it brand new? Who runs it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Ohana lacrosse club? Is it brand new? Who runs it?

Looks brand new on the girls side. I have never heard of it on the boys side either. I would have to do some more research. I wouldn’t necessarily count a new club out. S2S started with one boys team and in just a few short years have built that program out. Their girls side started with just 3 teams and now some of the years already have 2 teams. Pick an organization that fits your kid. Don’t be on an A team just to say she plays on an A team. If she doesn’t get to play that won’t help her improve. Some clubs are really hardcore. Will that incentivize her or burn her out? Do you want to travel off LI every weekend or are you good with more local tournaments. I have older kids so have been through this from start to finish. Understand your kids end game. Do they want to be a d1 commit? Or do you want them to be a d1 commit? Full rides are not a thing. If you are banking on a scholarship you may be disappointed. My daughter plays because she loves the game. We picked a team that matched her personality. If she plays in college because she wants to great. That will be up to her. Don’t let the crazy stink you in! Some of the parents are living vicariously through their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s great we live in an area with so many options. There is a team out there for every type of kid and the type of player they want to be. If it’s for fun and making friends and doing something they enjoy without having to be over the top serious, that’s awesome! There’s a team for that.

Pick fun , Especially at the younger ages. Let them have fun and enjoy it, then go from there as they develop their game. See where “they” want to go with it. You will know if your daughter is truly enjoying it, if you don’t have to “make them go” to practice and games!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with the Liberty program? Heard the 2026 Liberty Red team folded and their Black team may not have enough girls. Trying to make a decision where to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with the Liberty program? Heard the 2026 Liberty Red team folded and their Black team may not have enough girls. Trying to make a decision where to go

Your kid made Liberty black or red? And coming from another team or first year playing club? Liberty’s black teams are usually pretty strong but red are a disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid made Liberty black or red? And coming from another team or first year playing club? Liberty’s black teams are usually pretty strong but red are a disaster.

The 2027 black team took kids this year that are playing lax for the first time this year. They also lost some of their top players. The Liberty Red team at this age isn’t that competitive. Hard to base things on the other years in an organization. Some years are just stronger than others. Liberty held tryouts weeks ago at this point. I would a little weary of them still offering spots, especially on their Black team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2027 black team took kids this year that are playing lax for the first time this year. They also lost some of their top players. The Liberty Red team at this age isn’t that competitive. Hard to base things on the other years in an organization. Some years are just stronger than others. Liberty held tryouts weeks ago at this point. I would a little weary of them still offering spots, especially on their Black team.

where did the girls who left black go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure about that? Sounds off to me. Don’t think they’d take kids who’ve never played before. I heard they picked up some good players from other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure about that? Sounds off to me. Don’t think they’d take kids who’ve never played before. I heard they picked up some good players from other teams.

100% sure as I know one. Picked up good players from where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 2 went to YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ big upgrades. The gap gets wider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple to yj and a couple to others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. Heard the same thing from someone on another team in the org. Widely known some crazy parents on that team, extra practices, drama. A bunch left. replacements lower level than who left including the previously said first timers. Don’t know anything about red other than they take anyone. Time will tell for all teams. As being said, find a good place for your kid where they can grow and are happy. Wins/losses overrated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

Find a team that is a good fit for your daughter. Don’t go to a YJ team to just sit the bench! Your daughter will be miserable. Be honest about daughters abilities and access the situation clearly.

There are So many teams on LI! Find one where “she” can thrive and enjoy actually playing the game! You parents will not be happy traveling every weekend either, if your daughter only gets a few min. Of playing time! Plus, the way to get better is playing in actual games. Not just practices and scrimmages. Also, better for your daughters morale and happiness to actually be in the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a team that is a good fit for your daughter. Don’t go to a YJ team to just sit the bench! Your daughter will be miserable. Be honest about daughters abilities and access the situation clearly.

There are So many teams on LI! Find one where “she” can thrive and enjoy actually playing the game! You parents will not be happy traveling every weekend either, if your daughter only gets a few min. Of playing time! Plus, the way to get better is playing in actual games. Not just practices and scrimmages. Also, better for your daughters morale and happiness to actually be in the games.

Or volunteer to be an assistant coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or volunteer to be an assistant coach.

That's funny because it's true.

Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard