BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 73 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone answer the question? Why did 91 replace Tilts?

91 merged with bandits and two 2024s players parents were parent coaches so they got carried over with the merger.

The incoming bandits A team was as good and very likely better than the existing 91 Crossfire team, which caused a lot of disagreements about how exactly that should be handled.

Both teams had a few very good players. Even combining them won’t match up to Ramos, Wiener, or even Kildare. They also would likely get pumbled but legacy or top guns. The idea of bandits or crossfire ever being an “A” team is terrifying. Neither of those teams, or a combo of them will compare to other programs top teams. They don’t have the natural talent. The kids from bandits and 91 who stayed for that A team are ending their chance at a top d1 program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 merged with bandits and two 2024s players parents were parent coaches so they got carried over with the merger.

The incoming bandits A team was as good and very likely better than the existing 91 Crossfire team, which caused a lot of disagreements about how exactly that should be handled.

how so? can you elaborate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how so? can you elaborate?

That doesn’t seem to be the case if the roster is 50/50 of both team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma
The ranking stuff really does seem to be a mess and a lot of the times they make no sense.

How are the calculated? Do they even matter?

The rankings absolutely do not matter.
The ranking stuff really does seem to be a mess and a lot of the times they make no sense.

So what’s the point of them

They are meant to get people to talk about them...No rankings are perfect, not even College Football so it helps them drive traffic, monetize their site/platforms, etc.

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small (not with 250+ players) and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

Are these any good? From my understanding the cblaxers stuff is weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams have tournaments coming out now that tryouts are ending.

Post your club and where you’re going so we can see if the clubs are putting teams in the right events

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re yellow jackets tryouts moved due to the rain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma

So what’s the point of them

They are meant to get people to talk about them...No rankings are perfect, not even College Football so it helps them drive traffic, monetize their site/platforms, etc.

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small (not with 250+ players) and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

Are these any good? From my understanding the cblaxers stuff is weak

They’re decent. Not the best but it’s a good start if you haven’t done much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes a week delay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are they always so late?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the other clubs have already try outs so when you get placed on the B, C or D team you accept it if you want to play next summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They used to be in the fall so this is early for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any top 2024 left at YJ? Seems all the clubs picked up some rly good players, wondering who’s left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any top 2024 left at YJ? Seems all the clubs picked up some rly good players, wondering who’s left?

Yellow jackets teams except wiener are a dead end at this point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any left??? YJ A and B are the top two teams on LI for the 24s. Kildare is a top 5 team as well.......any talent left??????? it's all at YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did girls leave the YJ a team for other clubs this year? Maybe ones who didn’t get playing time last year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did girls leave the YJ a team for other clubs this year? Maybe ones who didn’t get playing time last year ?

Yes a handful have already accepted spots elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes a handful have already accepted spots elsewhere

Not true no one from the A team left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man, I have no love for YJ but Ramos and Kildare are both pretty solid teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man, I have no love for YJ but Ramos and Kildare are both pretty solid teams.

What makes you say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ramos did very well this past season. Definitely a solid team. Kildare is definitely behind them in talent and depth of the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ramos did very well this past season. Definitely a solid team. Kildare is definitely behind them in talent and depth of the bench.

Kildare picking up some very solid players from other teams! So, wait until the new season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters parents drinking the Tilts Kool-aid 😂😂😂 a girl who self promotes on social media and randomly reaches out to random girls to offer training and parents all having a case of FOMO so they sign up, she’ll fit in great with that club😂😂 where did she play again? What was her college stats…SMH

She played at Quinnipiac and holds many records in their stat books, you can find them on the website. This post makes it seem like you have a personal grudge. Did she cut your kid? Taking too much away from your training or club business?

More importantly why do you care if the parents on that team are happy? How do you even know they are ? If they are, leave them be.

OMG-Drama Queen!!!! How does it always get back to this nonsense for you?
This 2024 posting site is riddled with the remnants of TILTS divorce with 91 and both sides trying to settle the score.
Must have been really ugly.
I’m ready what is being said and wondering ,,Why did 91 replace and then fire Tilts? And why didn’t any of the top players follow her?

I’m pretty sure that no one is talking about her leaving 91 anymore, but you seem to have brought it back up because you’re likely still upset about. You also use the same terms “divorce” used in every post to restir this pot for whatever it is you aim to gain.

Being one of the families that chose to stay I can explain why. First off they didn’t fire her, she quit. One reason we stayed is because she openly told us she didn’t want to hurt the club and asked us to accept the spots. She even posted in our parent chat to accept the A spot. Her reasoning was that she couldn’t take the entire roster and cut an entire group of girls from Jesters and put those kids through the same chaos we had to go through. This ultimately led us to stay with 91 because my daughter wanted to stay with her friends and Tilts knew the whole group couldn’t have made it on her new team. From talking to her, we knew that at this age it would be hard to break into any programs “A” team, so she encouraged us to stay with our daughters friends if that is what would make her happy.

You’re talking about a coach who left a program because she didn’t feel that she was living the lessons she had been teaching the kids. If you don’t know the facts, you really shouldn’t be spreading rumors. If you know anyone on that 91 team, feel free to ask them about her. There is not a single parent or child from last years roster that would speak poorly of her. She really did so much for our team.

I have nothing bad to say about the new coaches as we barely know them.

This was a perfect post. In all of the years that I have been a Lacrosse Parent, former D1 player and a prev.
Club coach on the boys side, Tilts has nothing but the best interests for her girls in mind. She cares. Even for girls that are not on her immediate squad. So to those who constantly bash her here. I’ll simply say, you obviously don’t know her at all - not one iota ...or her culture. I’ll just leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kildare picking up some very solid players from other teams! So, wait until the new season

Would be nice for Kildare to tell parents about that so that we know we need to find another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters parents drinking the Tilts Kool-aid 😂😂😂 a girl who self promotes on social media and randomly reaches out to random girls to offer training and parents all having a case of FOMO so they sign up, she’ll fit in great with that club😂😂 where did she play again? What was her college stats…SMH

She played at Quinnipiac and holds many records in their stat books, you can find them on the website. This post makes it seem like you have a personal grudge. Did she cut your kid? Taking too much away from your training or club business?

More importantly why do you care if the parents on that team are happy? How do you even know they are ? If they are, leave them be.

This 2024 posting site is riddled with the remnants of TILTS divorce with 91 and both sides trying to settle the score.
I’m ready what is being said and wondering ,,Why did 91 replace and then fire Tilts? And why didn’t any of the top players follow her?

I’m pretty sure that no one is talking about her leaving 91 anymore, but you seem to have brought it back up because you’re likely still upset about. You also use the same terms “divorce” used in every post to restir this pot for whatever it is you aim to gain.

Being one of the families that chose to stay I can explain why. First off they didn’t fire her, she quit. One reason we stayed is because she openly told us she didn’t want to hurt the club and asked us to accept the spots. She even posted in our parent chat to accept the A spot. Her reasoning was that she couldn’t take the entire roster and cut an entire group of girls from Jesters and put those kids through the same chaos we had to go through. This ultimately led us to stay with 91 because my daughter wanted to stay with her friends and Tilts knew the whole group couldn’t have made it on her new team. From talking to her, we knew that at this age it would be hard to break into any programs “A” team, so she encouraged us to stay with our daughters friends if that is what would make her happy.

You’re talking about a coach who left a program because she didn’t feel that she was living the lessons she had been teaching the kids. If you don’t know the facts, you really shouldn’t be spreading rumors. If you know anyone on that 91 team, feel free to ask them about her. There is not a single parent or child from last years roster that would speak poorly of her. She really did so much for our team.

This was a perfect post. In all of the years that I have been a Lacrosse Parent, former D1 player and a prev.
Club coach on the boys side, Tilts has nothing but the best interests for her girls in mind. She cares. Even for girls that are not on her immediate squad. So to those who constantly bash her here. I’ll simply say, you obviously don’t know her at all - not one iota ...or her culture. I’ll just leave it at that.
What does it matter??? She left a team that was mediocre at best to coach a B team at Jesters! Really!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be nice for Kildare to tell parents about that so that we know we need to find another team.

Going to be a lot of unhappy parents with all the movement on ABCD teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a parent or a club coach who has a vendetta. It’s not even worth it. In terms of her leaving a mediocre squad and moving to another, don’t you think she could have gotten a job coaching anywhere? Non-parent coaches who coach past college all know all the clubs directors and owners in some way. I’m sure she could’ve chosen to go to a less “mediocre” squad. Those mediocre squads need coaches like her so let them use her to their benefit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure some will jump ships and fill the few remaining spots on other A rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get Tilts her own page on BOC? I am tired of reading and hearing about the drama surrounding her. She is one coach and one trainer among many. The only people who care about your issues with her reside on 91 and Jesters. Can we keep the whole 2024 age group out of it?

If you like her, great, if you don’t, great. No one cares, unless you have a vested interest in filling her pockets, you all sound foolish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get Tilts her own page on BOC? I am tired of reading and hearing about the drama surrounding her. She is one coach and one trainer among many. The only people who care about your issues with her reside on 91 and Jesters. Can we keep the whole 2024 age group out of it?

If you like her, great, if you don’t, great. No one cares, unless you have a vested interest in filling her pockets, you all sound foolish.

Truth be told I’ve screenshotted these to her and she asked me not to reply to any of it and to let it disappear. If you’re a fan of her she seems to not want any publicity about her even positive ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure some will jump ships and fill the few remaining spots on other A rosters

Do any A rosters have room left ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Truth be told I’ve screenshotted these to her and she asked me not to reply to any of it and to let it disappear. If you’re a fan of her she seems to not want any publicity about her even positive ones

Yet, you literally just replied...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Yet, you literally just replied...

with is Tilts or [ChillLaxin]?? where did she play and why do we care??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do any A rosters have room left ?

I don’t think so? If a good player came to a team though they’d probably make room right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m lost here. Yellow jackets has promised kids spots on certain rosters before tryouts. The teams are ABCD, so how do they know where to place kids before tryouts ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two newer LI teams I was told about that have open space - Laxon and Ohana. We just moved to LI from the city and we’re trying to navigate the travel world since it wasn’t really available in our old neighborhood as it is in Nassau. Can someone tell me more about these programs or can others recommend some programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are teams coaches or programs helping them with recruiting at all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m lost here. Yellow jackets has promised kids spots on certain rosters before tryouts. The teams are ABCD, so how do they know where to place kids before tryouts ?

Politicsssss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are teams coaches or programs helping them with recruiting at all?

I think it depends on your coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two newer LI teams I was told about that have open space - Laxon and Ohana. We just moved to LI from the city and we’re trying to navigate the travel world since it wasn’t really available in our old neighborhood as it is in Nassau. Can someone tell me more about these programs or can others recommend some programs?

How old is your daughter? And experience level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Politicsssss
So true. Teams are already formed and kids who have been on them for years have no clue what’s about to happen after “tryouts”

Page 8 of 73 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard