BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma
Originally Posted by Laxers412
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How can we see who commits where in September

The clubs post it on the web sites and they will post it on Instagram

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

I think it looks like a good option especially since the coaches get to see the kids up close. My dd has had quite a bit of attention from coaches she saw at those small type clinics with multiple coaches—- in fact, those are the schools I’m thinking may call on Sept 1. If they don’t call, then probably have to regroup and do more small events like this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma
Originally Posted by Laxers412
How can we see who commits where in September

The clubs post it on the web sites and they will post it on Instagram

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

Compared to the $650 event with Igloo, this is a STEAL lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$189 for 3 hours of lacrosse is not a good deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any would be amazing, but if the offers came:

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beat who twice? lol....... Jesters played them with half their team missing and replaced with players from there B team. There were players wearing the same jersey number. Jesters are 10 goals better then legacy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Ignorant statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beat who twice? lol....... Jesters played them with half their team missing and replaced with players from there B team. There were players wearing the same jersey number. Jesters are 10 goals better then legacy.

Didn't Jesters have the one girl who is their whole team playing? That's all I need to know! #overrated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

The Jesters are still hanging their hat on beating YJ in a scrimmage. When the game counted YJ beat them at Mid Atlantic. Like it or not the former TG girl is the face of the Jesters team the rest of the team consist of role players. Lets see the commit list I'm sure YJ will have the most and that's why you play club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

Why is the Mid Atlantic the biggest tournament of the summer? Lax for the Cure had all the same teams in their tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

i think its spot on for some. My daughter does not want to be a career lax girl or coach. nor is she a top 20 school ....but she has some very good options. Its ok for some but she is looking for lax to help her get into a good school with career options. Not ignorant at all. Just reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very impressive for the Jesters they went 1-1 vs YJ and 1-1 vs TG this year. Congrats you earned your Top 15 ranking in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jesters are still hanging their hat on beating YJ in a scrimmage. When the game counted YJ beat them at Mid Atlantic. Like it or not the former TG girl is the face of the Jesters team the rest of the team consist of role players. Lets see the commit list I'm sure YJ will have the most and that's why you play club lacrosse.

It's not the amount of commits. It's the quality of the school, and amount of scholarship (for non Ivies). I would suspect that the majority of the girls on YJ, TG, Legacy and Jesters will be committing to D1 schools. Lets see how many wind up at the dream schools listed by the previous poster,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top “dream schools”?
I’m thinking (in no particular order)

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

To each her own, there are a lot of great schools with women's lacrosse programs. While it would be nice to go to the best school it is Best to go to the right school (best fit). Only a small percentage of Long Island girls will have the option of "choosing" their Dream School if that Dream School is a Top Tier Lacrosse School. There will be 20 - 25 girls (from Long Island) who receive offers from the Top 10 - 15 programs.

Top Tier Women's Lacrosse Programs
(teams listed below seem to be Top 20 every year and Top 10 some/most years) (BC, UNC and MD most years on another level)

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

(Teams listed below are Top 20 most years... and have also been Top 10 from time to time, maybe they miss Top 20 every few years but I think they are top tier)

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

(For Top Tier Recruits looking to go to the West Coast)

Stanford
USC

The large majority of Top Tier Recruits will choose one of the schools listed above which are considered by most to be Top Tier Lacrosse Programs.

Michigan has come on strong in recent years and will start picking up more talent in the years to come.

Colorado, Denver and Arizona St provide tremendous opportunity for girls who want to go to school in those areas.

Clemson should be interesting to watch... With the current environment, the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility The Tigers could become competitive quickly. Only time will tell.

There are many more great schools with women's lacrosse programs to choose from but most have not been able to consistently compete with the Top Programs.

Good luck to all... try to make the journey fun and keep the stress to a minimum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

i think its spot on for some. My daughter does not want to be a career lax girl or coach. nor is she a top 20 school ....but she has some very good options. Its ok for some but she is looking for lax to help her get into a good school with career options. Not ignorant at all. Just reality.

Sorry but it is ignorant to imply that a player will be lost in life if they go to schools like Maryland, Syracuse or Florida. It’s also ignorant to imply that your only career option is lax girl or coach if you choose one of those schools. Just reality.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

To each her own, there are a lot of great schools with women's lacrosse programs. While it would be nice to go to the best school it is Best to go to the right school (best fit). Only a small percentage of Long Island girls will have the option of "choosing" their Dream School if that Dream School is a Top Tier Lacrosse School. There will be 20 - 25 girls (from Long Island) who receive offers from the Top 10 - 15 programs.

(teams listed below seem to be Top 20 every year and Top 10 some/most years) (BC, UNC and MD most years on another level)

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

(Teams listed below are Top 20 most years... and have also been Top 10 from time to time, maybe they miss Top 20 every few years but I think they are top tier)

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

Stanford
USC

The large majority of Top Tier Recruits will choose one of the schools listed above which are considered by most to be Top Tier Lacrosse Programs.

Michigan has come on strong in recent years and will start picking up more talent in the years to come.

Colorado, Denver and Arizona St provide tremendous opportunity for girls who want to go to school in those areas.

Clemson should be interesting to watch... With the current environment, the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility The Tigers could become competitive quickly. Only time will tell.

There are many more great schools with women's lacrosse programs to choose from but most have not been able to consistently compete with the Top Programs.

Good luck to all... try to make the journey fun and keep the stress to a minimum.

I get what you're saying, but for many of those schools, you are putting lacrosse ahead of academics. My daughter is a top academic and lacrosse player. She would not even consider Stony Brook, Syracuse, Loyola, Maryland, JM, or PSU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

Stanford
USC

I get what you're saying, but for many of those schools, you are putting lacrosse ahead of academics. My daughter is a top academic and lacrosse player. She would not even consider Stony Brook, Syracuse, Loyola, Maryland, JM, or PSU

Where did they put lacrosse ahead of academics? The original post was about Dream Schools…. Many of those schools are Dream schools for many HS players. If the player is an excellent student and a top tier lacrosse player she will most likely be able to choose one of the schools listed. The top recruits rarely consider schools outside the top tier lacrosse schools of which about half are top tier academic institutions. BTW, the schools that you listed are excellent schools. I wonder if any schools listed above will consider you daughter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

Stanford
USC

Where did they put lacrosse ahead of academics? The original post was about Dream Schools…. Many of those schools are Dream schools for many HS players. If the player is an excellent student and a top tier lacrosse player she will most likely be able to choose one of the schools listed. The top recruits rarely consider schools outside the top tier lacrosse schools of which about half are top tier academic institutions. BTW, the schools that you listed are excellent schools. I wonder if any schools listed above will consider you daughter?

I think if your emphasis is on academics, but still want a decent lax program then Stanford, Duke, ND and Northwestern would be top contenders if you will qualify for need based aid because it can be stacked with athletic money and still have a top 10 school. Otherwise Ivies are the other way to get a top school and for some, an excellent lax program. Most families will have to shell out big bucks for that though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.
There were no official visits for the class of 22 due to COVID and not being on campus. Offers were given over the phone/zoom (at least early on of Sept. 1st).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

Hey I think it’s a great statement! And thanks for posting. Just look at the AU lacrosse. It looks like a bunch of old retired guys playing. It’s also not that interesting and just a core group of players living out their glory days.
My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dream Schools are for kids in Middle School... At this point if kids are considering those schools to play lacrosse, they already have a pretty good idea what is coming on Sept. 1st at 12:00:01am. The clock is about to strike 12 Cinderella.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

Hey I think it’s a great statement! And thanks for posting. Just look at the AU lacrosse. It looks like a bunch of old retired guys playing. It’s also not that interesting and just a core group of players living out their glory days.
My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.[/quote]

Agree, the lacrosse career path for a college or pro female lacrosse player is limited at best. Hard to scrape together a living unless you’re on the hs or college coaching path. Your daughter should go for the best possible education and give herself career options. This sport can be an amazing launchpad to great things.

Last edited by BOTC_EVENTS; . Reason: Duplicate quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-
What makes a coach watch a certain game?
I got a hit from a school that wasn’t on our list- they watched a random game that wasn’t even highlighted “visible” on profile.

And then I got another notification of a school that watched another game where D barely got any action. It would be the last game I would recommend watching for my D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-
I got a hit from a school that wasn’t on our list- they watched a random game that wasn’t even highlighted “visible” on profile.

And then I got another notification of a school that watched another game where D barely got any action. It would be the last game I would recommend watching for my D.

My daughter gets notices whenever coaches watch games her team played in. They were likely watching another player if you're not on their list. We get these notices a lot. Could have been watching your opponents also. She hasn't made any games "visible".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-

My daughter gets notices whenever coaches watch games her team played in. They were likely watching another player if you're not on their list. We get these notices a lot. Could have been watching your opponents also. She hasn't made any games "visible".

That would make total sense, but I don’t think that is true.
They have to go under her profile to watch the game for us to get a notice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-

That would make total sense, but I don’t think that is true.
They have to go under her profile to watch the game for us to get a notice.

If a coach goes onto your teams page and watches a game you will get a notice. This happens to my daughter. Read what the message says. It says coach X watched the team’s game. Doesn’t really mean much. I think the coaches are still tweaking their lists this week. My daughter is getting a lot of notifications both individually and for her team videos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Nope, she played almost every minute. So try again. The kid that left this year was a starter and fell down the totem pole due to weak play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Nope, she played almost every minute. So try again. The kid that left this year was a starter and fell down the totem pole due to weak play.

LD never came off the field. she didn’t leave cause of playing time. Probably a few factors but AS and the fact he shouldn’t be around young girls coaching them is one. The other probably is that her HS coach went and became a part of Jesters.
Kid this summer left cause of PT, but it was more AS holding a grudge cause she went to HS practice during playoffs instead of TG tourney. she did the right thing and got punished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Official visits can begin Sept 1st Junior year, and responding to someone prior question- yes, all the parents travel and lodging expenses "may" be picked up. That will depend on the school, their budget for that and how highly recruited your daughter is. I have heard many players get invites for unofficial visits, then if things go well can go back with a paid visit. As per NCAA you may only accept 4 official visits, but can visit all the rest on your own dime and basically accomplish the same thing. From the pre-covid era, most coaches spend sept 1st and the first several days of recruiting making home visits to their top recruits, then get back to campus to start welcoming players to campus visits. Many coaches will make offers over the phone, especially if they feel the player may be out of reach, they take a wild stab at it, trying to land their "Dream Player" (flipped the script right there).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.

Agree, the lacrosse career path for a college or pro female lacrosse player is limited at best. Hard to scrape together a living unless you’re on the hs or college coaching path. Your daughter should go for the best possible education and give herself career options. This sport can be an amazing launchpad to great things.[/quote]

It’s ignorant because it implies that kids graduating from schools other than top tier academic schools will only have lacrosse as a career path and or will be lost in life and direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LD never came off the field. she didn’t leave cause of playing time. Probably a few factors but AS and the fact he shouldn’t be around young girls coaching them is one. The other probably is that her HS coach went and became a part of Jesters.
Kid this summer left cause of PT, but it was more AS holding a grudge cause she went to HS practice during playoffs instead of TG tourney. she did the right thing and got punished.

with is wrong with you?? AS runs the #1 team in the country. I know that is hard for you to say. You probably choke every time you hear it. But that is the truth. He is a very caring and committed coach, and the girls love him. Nobody is perfect, and he may have pushed too hard on her, but so be it. LD left, and the team did not miss a beat, in fact they got better. So please stop with your bizzare vendetta. Did your daughter get cut?? Think so! Wish the best for LD, a truly great kid who remains good friends with her former TG teammates. It's trolls like you who are the problem. September 1 is right around the corner, you should be more concerned with that, and why your daughter isn't getting the offers you hoped for than what happened to a girl who decided to play elsewhere. I know my daughter's phone will be ringing off the hook with my daughters first choices. How do I know you ask? Because TG communicates with college coaches and we are already communicating (within NCAA guidelines) with such coaches. Have a good night and try to get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Official visits can begin Sept 1st Junior year, and responding to someone prior question- yes, all the parents travel and lodging expenses "may" be picked up. That will depend on the school, their budget for that and how highly recruited your daughter is. I have heard many players get invites for unofficial visits, then if things go well can go back with a paid visit. As per NCAA you may only accept 4 official visits, but can visit all the rest on your own dime and basically accomplish the same thing. From the pre-covid era, most coaches spend sept 1st and the first several days of recruiting making home visits to their top recruits, then get back to campus to start welcoming players to campus visits. Many coaches will make offers over the phone, especially if they feel the player may be out of reach, they take a wild stab at it, trying to land their "Dream Player" (flipped the script right there).

5 Official visits are allowed. But if you take one this year and commit, you can not use another to the same school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

No, no time frame every situation is different. Coaches have their lists prioritized, they know who they want and they will tell them right away. Coaches do not beat around the bush with their top recruits. The reality is that “No Coach” gets all the players that they want. When a coach is willing to talk to your daughter or invite her on a visit but not willing to make an offer it is likely because the coach still thinks that they will get players that they have ranked higher than your daughter. The good news is that things can change rapidly once players start committing. When coaches don’t get the players they want they move down their list.
So, theoretically a player can go from not being offered a spot to being the coaches #1 recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both got there offers from the school of their choice after midnight on 9/1 but I’m sure other coaches wait with some players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both got there offers from the school of their choice after midnight on 9/1 but I’m sure other coaches wait with some players[/quote]

When you say offers, do you mean the money offered, or just that they wanted to recruit your daughter. Big difference, unless an Ivy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls took four official visits. Official visits are when the school pays for everything except the parents airfare which is not allowed to be paid for except for football and basketball parents. The school pays for the girls travel, meals…& the same for the parents. Typically they have them
On a home football weekend.
All my daughters offers were made before the visit but at every official and unofficial which they took as freshman before the rules changed they had meetings with the coaches individually.
Enjoy being wined and dined!!
Official visits can happen after 9/1 of your jr year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls took four official visits. Official visits are when the school pays for everything except the parents airfare which is not allowed to be paid for except for football and basketball parents. The school pays for the girls travel, meals…& the same for the parents. Typically they have them
On a home football weekend.
All my daughters offers were made before the visit but at every official and unofficial which they took as freshman before the rules changed they had meetings with the coaches individually.
Enjoy being wined and dined!!
Official visits can happen after 9/1 of your jr year

Flights can be paid for. It's up to the school

Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard