Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:51 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:43 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:40 AM
Next Level WINS 2026!
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:33 AM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 06:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,082
Posts335,748
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 89 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #347058 08/24/21 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what are the top “dream schools”?
I’m thinking (in no particular order)

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

To each her own, there are a lot of great schools with women's lacrosse programs. While it would be nice to go to the best school it is Best to go to the right school (best fit). Only a small percentage of Long Island girls will have the option of "choosing" their Dream School if that Dream School is a Top Tier Lacrosse School. There will be 20 - 25 girls (from Long Island) who receive offers from the Top 10 - 15 programs.

Top Tier Women's Lacrosse Programs
(teams listed below seem to be Top 20 every year and Top 10 some/most years) (BC, UNC and MD most years on another level)

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

(Teams listed below are Top 20 most years... and have also been Top 10 from time to time, maybe they miss Top 20 every few years but I think they are top tier)

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

(For Top Tier Recruits looking to go to the West Coast)

Stanford
USC

The large majority of Top Tier Recruits will choose one of the schools listed above which are considered by most to be Top Tier Lacrosse Programs.

Michigan has come on strong in recent years and will start picking up more talent in the years to come.

Colorado, Denver and Arizona St provide tremendous opportunity for girls who want to go to school in those areas.

Clemson should be interesting to watch... With the current environment, the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility The Tigers could become competitive quickly. Only time will tell.

There are many more great schools with women's lacrosse programs to choose from but most have not been able to consistently compete with the Top Programs.

Good luck to all... try to make the journey fun and keep the stress to a minimum.

I get what you're saying, but for many of those schools, you are putting lacrosse ahead of academics. My daughter is a top academic and lacrosse player. She would not even consider Stony Brook, Syracuse, Loyola, Maryland, JM, or PSU

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #347065 08/24/21 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

To each her own, there are a lot of great schools with women's lacrosse programs. While it would be nice to go to the best school it is Best to go to the right school (best fit). Only a small percentage of Long Island girls will have the option of "choosing" their Dream School if that Dream School is a Top Tier Lacrosse School. There will be 20 - 25 girls (from Long Island) who receive offers from the Top 10 - 15 programs.

(teams listed below seem to be Top 20 every year and Top 10 some/most years) (BC, UNC and MD most years on another level)

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

(Teams listed below are Top 20 most years... and have also been Top 10 from time to time, maybe they miss Top 20 every few years but I think they are top tier)

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

Stanford
USC

The large majority of Top Tier Recruits will choose one of the schools listed above which are considered by most to be Top Tier Lacrosse Programs.

Michigan has come on strong in recent years and will start picking up more talent in the years to come.

Colorado, Denver and Arizona St provide tremendous opportunity for girls who want to go to school in those areas.

Clemson should be interesting to watch... With the current environment, the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility The Tigers could become competitive quickly. Only time will tell.

There are many more great schools with women's lacrosse programs to choose from but most have not been able to consistently compete with the Top Programs.

Good luck to all... try to make the journey fun and keep the stress to a minimum.

I get what you're saying, but for many of those schools, you are putting lacrosse ahead of academics. My daughter is a top academic and lacrosse player. She would not even consider Stony Brook, Syracuse, Loyola, Maryland, JM, or PSU

Where did they put lacrosse ahead of academics? The original post was about Dream Schools…. Many of those schools are Dream schools for many HS players. If the player is an excellent student and a top tier lacrosse player she will most likely be able to choose one of the schools listed. The top recruits rarely consider schools outside the top tier lacrosse schools of which about half are top tier academic institutions. BTW, the schools that you listed are excellent schools. I wonder if any schools listed above will consider you daughter?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #347080 08/24/21 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347089 08/24/21 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

Stanford
USC

Where did they put lacrosse ahead of academics? The original post was about Dream Schools…. Many of those schools are Dream schools for many HS players. If the player is an excellent student and a top tier lacrosse player she will most likely be able to choose one of the schools listed. The top recruits rarely consider schools outside the top tier lacrosse schools of which about half are top tier academic institutions. BTW, the schools that you listed are excellent schools. I wonder if any schools listed above will consider you daughter?

I think if your emphasis is on academics, but still want a decent lax program then Stanford, Duke, ND and Northwestern would be top contenders if you will qualify for need based aid because it can be stacked with athletic money and still have a top 10 school. Otherwise Ivies are the other way to get a top school and for some, an excellent lax program. Most families will have to shell out big bucks for that though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347097 08/24/21 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.
There were no official visits for the class of 22 due to COVID and not being on campus. Offers were given over the phone/zoom (at least early on of Sept. 1st).

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347103 08/24/21 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any would be amazing, but if the offers came:

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Ignorant statement.

Hey I think it’s a great statement! And thanks for posting. Just look at the AU lacrosse. It looks like a bunch of old retired guys playing. It’s also not that interesting and just a core group of players living out their glory days.
My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #347113 08/24/21 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dream Schools are for kids in Middle School... At this point if kids are considering those schools to play lacrosse, they already have a pretty good idea what is coming on Sept. 1st at 12:00:01am. The clock is about to strike 12 Cinderella.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347114 08/24/21 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347117 08/24/21 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347120 08/24/21 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

Hey I think it’s a great statement! And thanks for posting. Just look at the AU lacrosse. It looks like a bunch of old retired guys playing. It’s also not that interesting and just a core group of players living out their glory days.
My kid is going to school to learn real life skills and lacrosse will be second if she gets that fortunate. She is a great all-around multi-sport athlete.[/quote]

Agree, the lacrosse career path for a college or pro female lacrosse player is limited at best. Hard to scrape together a living unless you’re on the hs or college coaching path. Your daughter should go for the best possible education and give herself career options. This sport can be an amazing launchpad to great things.

Last edited by BOTC_EVENTS; 08/24/21 01:59 PM. Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #347127 08/24/21 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-
What makes a coach watch a certain game?
I got a hit from a school that wasn’t on our list- they watched a random game that wasn’t even highlighted “visible” on profile.

And then I got another notification of a school that watched another game where D barely got any action. It would be the last game I would recommend watching for my D.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347129 08/24/21 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-
I got a hit from a school that wasn’t on our list- they watched a random game that wasn’t even highlighted “visible” on profile.

And then I got another notification of a school that watched another game where D barely got any action. It would be the last game I would recommend watching for my D.

My daughter gets notices whenever coaches watch games her team played in. They were likely watching another player if you're not on their list. We get these notices a lot. Could have been watching your opponents also. She hasn't made any games "visible".

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347131 08/24/21 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-

My daughter gets notices whenever coaches watch games her team played in. They were likely watching another player if you're not on their list. We get these notices a lot. Could have been watching your opponents also. She hasn't made any games "visible".

That would make total sense, but I don’t think that is true.
They have to go under her profile to watch the game for us to get a notice.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347136 08/24/21 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SportsRecruits question-

That would make total sense, but I don’t think that is true.
They have to go under her profile to watch the game for us to get a notice.

If a coach goes onto your teams page and watches a game you will get a notice. This happens to my daughter. Read what the message says. It says coach X watched the team’s game. Doesn’t really mean much. I think the coaches are still tweaking their lists this week. My daughter is getting a lot of notifications both individually and for her team videos.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347137 08/24/21 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Nope, she played almost every minute. So try again. The kid that left this year was a starter and fell down the totem pole due to weak play.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 89 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard