Huntington High School (NY) 2022 Midfield Christopher Maichin Commits to Colby College

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Huntington High School (NY) 2022 Midfield Christopher Maichin of FLG Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Colby College.

High school: Huntington High School (Huntington, NY)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Midfield
College committed to: Colby College
Club teams: FLG Lacrosse, Team Huntington
Lacrosse honors: Suffolk Division 1 All Division- 2021 Season NYSPHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award Recipient- 2021 Season 2021 Orange Crush Showcase Stand Out Player LILJ's Class of 2022 Watchlist LILJ HSSE Week 3 EPOCH Player of the Game
Academic honors: Presidential Award for Academic Excellence- 2018 Outstanding Achievement in Native Spanish Grammar- 2018 National History Day 3rd Place Exhibit- 2019 Immigration History Award- 2019 Outstanding Senior Entry on Conservation, Restoration or an Entry Tied to a Historic Site- 2019 National History Day 1st Place Exhibit- 2020 Achieved High Honor Roll- 2016-Present Most Outstanding Petitioner's Witness for Huntington Mock Trial- 2019 National History Day State Finalist- 2020 President of National History Day Club- September 2020-Present President of the Huntington Mock Trial Team- 2020-Present Chief Operating Officer of HomeTown inc.: Virtual Enterprise Firm- 2020-21 School Year Spanish National Honor Society: 2019-Present English Honor Society- 2019-Present Science National Honor Society- October 2020-Present National Honor Society- December 2020-Present Math Honor Society- December 2020-Present Social Studies Honor Society- January 2020-Present Mock Trial Suffolk County Semi-finalist- 2021 National History Day Second Place Exhibit- 2021 National History Day Regional Finalist- 2021 Virtual Enterprise National Business Plan Competition National Finalist- 2021 Most Outstanding Performance Award for Huntington Mock Trial: 2021
Expected major: Political Science and Government, Other
Why did you choose Colby College, Men's D3? "For the amazing athletics and academics. It is exciting to be a part of the culture and energy surrounding Colby lacrosse"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my parents, my sister Abby, my strength trainers at Xceleration Sports Training, my lacrosse and speed coach Martin Guillet, my club coaches Coach Dunne, Coach Corey Winkoff, and Coach Mike Winkoff, and my High School coaches Coach Goots and Coach Watts. I couldn't have done this without all of these people. I am so grateful for the impact they have made and continue to make on my lacrosse career."
What other colleges did you consider? "Bates, Hamilton, Haverford, Ohio Wesleyan, Mercyhurst, & Hamilton"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Christopher Maichin on his commitment to Colby College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.
View College Profile Below: