Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:24 AM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:13 AM
High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:09 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:02 AM
Next Level WINS 2026!
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 07:59 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,082
Posts335,744
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 89 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
LaxMomma #346806 08/22/21 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma
Originally Posted by Laxers412
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How can we see who commits where in September

The clubs post it on the web sites and they will post it on Instagram

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

I think it looks like a good option especially since the coaches get to see the kids up close. My dd has had quite a bit of attention from coaches she saw at those small type clinics with multiple coaches—- in fact, those are the schools I’m thinking may call on Sept 1. If they don’t call, then probably have to regroup and do more small events like this.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

LaxMomma #346815 08/22/21 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMomma
Originally Posted by Laxers412
How can we see who commits where in September

The clubs post it on the web sites and they will post it on Instagram

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

Compared to the $650 event with Igloo, this is a STEAL lol

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346936 08/23/21 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$189 for 3 hours of lacrosse is not a good deal

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346938 08/23/21 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any would be amazing, but if the offers came:

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346996 08/24/21 12:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beat who twice? lol....... Jesters played them with half their team missing and replaced with players from there B team. There were players wearing the same jersey number. Jesters are 10 goals better then legacy.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #346997 08/24/21 12:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347007 08/24/21 07:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Mostly agree. Just about a perfect list for my reasoning. Except I would put Northwestern maybe just above Yale, cold and crappy Chicago is a tough sell. UNC and BC are decent academically, don’t compare with the rest on this list, but give you a shot at a title. Other popular schools I agree would not be on my list for my daughter, MD, Florida, Syracuse etc…good lacrosse, shot at title, but if your daughter had a shot at any or these on this list, it’s a no brainer, unless she wants to be a college coach out the back, I discourage that thought, the big picture is to get your daughter to set herself up for the rest of her life. I see crazy amounts of really great players, kicked butt, won all kinds of awards, natty champs etc… lost in life and direction when all is said and done. Have a better plan!

Ignorant statement.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347008 08/24/21 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beat who twice? lol....... Jesters played them with half their team missing and replaced with players from there B team. There were players wearing the same jersey number. Jesters are 10 goals better then legacy.

Didn't Jesters have the one girl who is their whole team playing? That's all I need to know! #overrated

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347029 08/24/21 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

The Jesters are still hanging their hat on beating YJ in a scrimmage. When the game counted YJ beat them at Mid Atlantic. Like it or not the former TG girl is the face of the Jesters team the rest of the team consist of role players. Lets see the commit list I'm sure YJ will have the most and that's why you play club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347032 08/24/21 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]and you know this how? Jesters Black team beat YJ before they had that TG player and were ranked in Top 15 in the country. TG player just made them even better. Does this stuff keep you up at night Top Gun parent? Jesters and YJ played in Championship of the biggest tournament of the summer. Jesters have come along way so just accept the fact that they are under your skin for a reason. Every age group is as good or better then every Top Gun team from 23 down! There 26's and 28's are light years ahead of TG and as we all saw at Mid Atlantic 23's have passed them too

Why is the Mid Atlantic the biggest tournament of the summer? Lax for the Cure had all the same teams in their tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347036 08/24/21 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

i think its spot on for some. My daughter does not want to be a career lax girl or coach. nor is she a top 20 school ....but she has some very good options. Its ok for some but she is looking for lax to help her get into a good school with career options. Not ignorant at all. Just reality.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347045 08/24/21 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very impressive for the Jesters they went 1-1 vs YJ and 1-1 vs TG this year. Congrats you earned your Top 15 ranking in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347054 08/24/21 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jesters are still hanging their hat on beating YJ in a scrimmage. When the game counted YJ beat them at Mid Atlantic. Like it or not the former TG girl is the face of the Jesters team the rest of the team consist of role players. Lets see the commit list I'm sure YJ will have the most and that's why you play club lacrosse.

It's not the amount of commits. It's the quality of the school, and amount of scholarship (for non Ivies). I would suspect that the majority of the girls on YJ, TG, Legacy and Jesters will be committing to D1 schools. Lets see how many wind up at the dream schools listed by the previous poster,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347055 08/24/21 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top “dream schools”?
I’m thinking (in no particular order)

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

To each her own, there are a lot of great schools with women's lacrosse programs. While it would be nice to go to the best school it is Best to go to the right school (best fit). Only a small percentage of Long Island girls will have the option of "choosing" their Dream School if that Dream School is a Top Tier Lacrosse School. There will be 20 - 25 girls (from Long Island) who receive offers from the Top 10 - 15 programs.

Top Tier Women's Lacrosse Programs
(teams listed below seem to be Top 20 every year and Top 10 some/most years) (BC, UNC and MD most years on another level)

Boston College
North Carolina
Maryland
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Florida
Penn
Stony Brook

(Teams listed below are Top 20 most years... and have also been Top 10 from time to time, maybe they miss Top 20 every few years but I think they are top tier)

Notre Dame
Duke
James Madison
Penn State
Loyola

(For Top Tier Recruits looking to go to the West Coast)

Stanford
USC

The large majority of Top Tier Recruits will choose one of the schools listed above which are considered by most to be Top Tier Lacrosse Programs.

Michigan has come on strong in recent years and will start picking up more talent in the years to come.

Colorado, Denver and Arizona St provide tremendous opportunity for girls who want to go to school in those areas.

Clemson should be interesting to watch... With the current environment, the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility The Tigers could become competitive quickly. Only time will tell.

There are many more great schools with women's lacrosse programs to choose from but most have not been able to consistently compete with the Top Programs.

Good luck to all... try to make the journey fun and keep the stress to a minimum.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347057 08/24/21 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Ignorant statement.

i think its spot on for some. My daughter does not want to be a career lax girl or coach. nor is she a top 20 school ....but she has some very good options. Its ok for some but she is looking for lax to help her get into a good school with career options. Not ignorant at all. Just reality.

Sorry but it is ignorant to imply that a player will be lost in life if they go to schools like Maryland, Syracuse or Florida. It’s also ignorant to imply that your only career option is lax girl or coach if you choose one of those schools. Just reality.

Last edited by JesLax1; 08/24/21 10:46 AM. Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 89 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard