BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators are gonna get stomped. Can’t wait to see it.[/quote]

[ChillLaxin] about the parents and coaches like the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A dad coach making sure his sons play the majority of the game is sadly become the norm.

Yes indeed. We have such a coach on my son’s team and as a result are losing players. The son is a bad player but struts around like he is hot stuff. Yuck.

Which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of the monster lefty and cat fight between Dads... Lets get back to the talk of the town,, Predators ! and how Predators will change lacrosse in Baltimore as we know it.

If somebody has been trying to sabotage Predators with embarrassing posts that will make players avoid the program like the plague, they are doing a nice job.

Yep, You are a True Blue Baltimorion, Absolutely no sense of humor and talk out both sides of mouth. Predators got your Club down,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators stink. I don’t know who they have or who their coaches are, but they won’t be good.
Bank on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be a lot of censorship happening on this forum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A dad coach making sure his sons play the majority of the game is sadly become the norm.

Yes indeed. We have such a coach on my son’s team and as a result are losing players. The son is a bad player but struts around like he is hot stuff. Yuck.

Which team?

that was sidewinders 27.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators stink. I don’t know who they have or who their coaches are, but they won’t be good.
Bank on it.

Sorry your son cant make Predator team, I guess he stick skills stink. Please have him Hit The Wall ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this forum.
How is everyone’s club looking this year? My son plays for Koopers. We had a good year, won Lake Placid this summer. Poised for a good fall and spring. Who else will give us a game and compete well this year in the 27 age group?
Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team?

that was sidewinders 27.

Their coach is a clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this forum.
How is everyone’s club looking this year? My son plays for Koopers. We had a good year, won Lake Placid this summer. Poised for a good fall and spring. Who else will give us a game and compete well this year in the 27 age group?
Thanks!

Man…. I hope this is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks= All hat, No cattle.
Lots of bluster on these boards but they are a system program. It's why their kids disappear come high school.

LOL, you are clearly a member of the flat earth society: the MIAA and State MVP is a Hawk. Different Hawk players won the NHSLS and UA Highlight MVP awards. Their 2022 team has been the best team nationally over the past 3 years. They have several other excellent age groups and are now the best club program in MD. Please get your wooden stick re-strung.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this forum.
Thanks!

Jump on board the Predators. Most Koopers already have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers won the B division in Lake Placid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must you rain on their parade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No rain. The boys played hard in the division they were entered. That’s all you can ask. Still proud of their play and hustle. Added a few new faces this summer. What will the rest of the AAA division look like next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do any of the koopers teams matter? 2k for rec teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The '27 Crabs brought over an FCA dad as assistant and he brought a few kids with him.

You dodged a bullet if your kid didn't make, or you declined that team.

Ok with the rumors. You may want to get the facts straight so I will give them to you. There were a lot of things that went on with FCA team this year. HEAD coach was playing to parents that complained about there kids playing time instead of playing talent. This included some texting coaches during games. Some kids got short end of that deal and decided not to return to FCA. Head coach left in middle of last tournament the day before championship with no notice which worried some about his commitment to kids. New head coach wasn’t announced till after end of season and from I know was already assisting coaching another club level and high school team so some were concerned . Old head coach was to stay on which was another concern. There was no defensive coach named. All families made this decision on there own including us. It’s was more about playing with friends my son had. We loved the years played at FCA and the kids on team but writing was on the wall. I still wish them the best and especially the kids. Hope this clears everything up.

You missed the part where the giant assistant blob didn’t tell anyone they were leaving and basically killed another team in his way out. Heard they did the same thing on their way out of kent island also. Seems to be a pattern. They bought their way into BL also and are paying for other BL tuitions for FCA kids also. He’s the next wanna be rich guy in the MIAA. Good luck to the FCA people that are left. And god help the Crabs people with there “new” additions

It was the exact same thing at USS.
The '27 Crabs brought over an FCA dad as assistant and he brought a few kids with him.

Ok with the rumors. You may want to get the facts straight so I will give them to you. There were a lot of things that went on with FCA team this year. HEAD coach was playing to parents that complained about there kids playing time instead of playing talent. This included some texting coaches during games. Some kids got short end of that deal and decided not to return to FCA. Head coach left in middle of last tournament the day before championship with no notice which worried some about his commitment to kids. New head coach wasn’t announced till after end of season and from I know was already assisting coaching another club level and high school team so some were concerned . Old head coach was to stay on which was another concern. There was no defensive coach named. All families made this decision on there own including us. It’s was more about playing with friends my son had. We loved the years played at FCA and the kids on team but writing was on the wall. I still wish them the best and especially the kids. Hope this clears everything up.

You missed the part where the giant assistant blob didn’t tell anyone they were leaving and basically killed another team in his way out. Heard they did the same thing on their way out of kent island also. Seems to be a pattern. They bought their way into BL also and are paying for other BL tuitions for FCA kids also. He’s the next wanna be rich guy in the MIAA. Good luck to the FCA people that are left. And god help the Crabs people with there “new” additions

Weird because we were a part of that USS team and he was the one who was actually blindsided there. We have all remained friends, although our boys don’t play together anymore.

There is absolutely no truth in any of what has been said above. He’s a great dude who I have a lot of respect for. Gotta love the anonymity of this board.

Funny how the FCA parents that left love him now but forget how he played favorites and his son never came out of the game. Enjoy the honeymoon. You will definitely have buyer’s’ remorse. When your kid reaches 8th or 9th grade you better be ready to holdback and pay for an Extra year of BL (a garbage school) or they’re going to be on the outs. Don’t kid yourself it happens every year. Why do you think crabs stinks at the younger ages but suddenly gets better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys come to these forums to [ChillLaxin] about Millon and McCleran and yet they are the only ones truly helping their kids in their programs. They helping their players get into the top academic schools for high school and college. Hawks kids are now migrating up to Gilman, McD and BL because they are better schools then what’s available in the Annapolis area.... Severn is decent but on the lower end of the best academic schools and Spaulding and St Mary’s don’t even make the list.
So what’s wrong with what they are doing? They don’t tell the kids to hold back it’s the schools that come to these teams practices to recruit who dictate the need to do so.

One of my older sons was asked by his crabs coach to switch from public to private and hold back so we did. And I know for a fact he wasn’t the only one. Not saying it’s wrong or right, it’s just the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koopers offered 25 and ‘27 teams last year and both were in AAA.

Those are good rec teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAA is equivalent to rec? Yeah, okay. Would love to see a local rec team play a AAA club team. Nah, I wouldn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAA is equivalent to rec? Yeah, okay. Would love to see a local rec team play a AAA club team. Nah, I wouldn't.

Several do ?? Just Saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MD going to have any WSYL teams or is 91 LI just going to cruise to the cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just more hogwash from posters here who like to trash everyone outside of a few clubs. Don't listen to the negative noise. There are a lot of good lacrosse teams and clubs out there. But the coaches/parents of a few teams like to say if you don't play for their 3 "Elite" clubs, the rest are garbage. AAA, AA and A stinks!

Simply not true. There are good teams/players everywhere.

There's lots of insecure parents on these boards. And a lot of program directors who MAKE A LIVING off of scaring parents into believing BS.

The reality is, early recruiting is gone. Club lax is much less relevant today. Sure it's good for kids to play competitive ball and stay sharp in the summer. But program directors want you to think it still REALLY matters. They have to. Doing so, pays their bills.

It's just a game for kids. The good ones will be found in hs-wherever they go. Public or private. There are a TON of college lax programs if your kid wants to play. And D1 is not always the best. There are a lot of lousy, unsupported, D1 programs. And D3 has some really great programs.

Now that we've cleared that up, please carry on your usual circular conversations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just more hogwash from posters here who like to trash everyone outside of a few clubs. Don't listen to the negative noise. There are a lot of good lacrosse teams and clubs out there. But the coaches/parents of a few teams like to say if you don't play for their 3 "Elite" clubs, the rest are garbage. AAA, AA and A stinks!

There's lots of insecure parents on these boards. And a lot of program directors who MAKE A LIVING off of scaring parents into believing BS.

The reality is, early recruiting is gone. Club lax is much less relevant today. Sure it's good for kids to play competitive ball and stay sharp in the summer. But program directors want you to think it still REALLY matters. They have to. Doing so, pays their bills.

It's just a game for kids. The good ones will be found in hs-wherever they go. Public or private. There are a TON of college lax programs if your kid wants to play. And D1 is not always the best. There are a lot of lousy, unsupported, D1 programs. And D3 has some really great programs.

Now that we've cleared that up, please carry on your usual circular conversations.

Holy smokes… this is the first logical thing I’ve ever read on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy smokes… this is the first logical thing I’ve ever read on this board.

Not me. I prefer the delusional posts stating a AAA club team is the same as a rec team. I like my posts of the crazy nature.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ?? Speak for yourself. It is D1 or bust for us parents of elite players. Top Elite Club only, MIAA . Sorry you are not able to reach those .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say it louder for the crazies in the back!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weird because we were a part of that USS team and he was the one who was actually blindsided there. We have all remained friends, although our boys don’t play together anymore.

There is absolutely no truth in any of what has been said above. He’s a great dude who I have a lot of respect for. Gotta love the anonymity of this board.

Funny how the FCA parents that left love him now but forget how he played favorites and his son never came out of the game. Enjoy the honeymoon. You will definitely have buyer’s’ remorse. When your kid reaches 8th or 9th grade you better be ready to holdback and pay for an Extra year of BL (a garbage school) or they’re going to be on the outs. Don’t kid yourself it happens every year. Why do you think crabs stinks at the younger ages but suddenly gets better.

Played his favorites or brought over his friends kids who didn’t try out for the team or attend any practices. Funny FCA started out so strong and could have been a great team but the “wonderful” coaches destroyed that. Good luck to the Crabs this coming season. You’ll soon see for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing better than a scorned FCA parents. See ya Golo’s!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to be 91 LI as winner. All mid Atlantic aremassive holdbacks, can't beat the kids who are normal age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to be 91 LI as winner. All mid Atlantic aremassive holdbacks, can't beat the kids who are normal age.
What clubs will have teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold M Back Mac only cares about collecting a check until high school-coaching up until that point is all over the place-no consistency. Sometimes even in the high school years the coaching is sub par. In 7th & 8th grade he tries to get your son to come to BL and holdback, as well as now recruiting for the boarding school. If this model is not working your sons Crabs team is doomed. BL players are also protected during these years if they are worthy of making the team or not. All of these actions create much turnover as your son comes through the middle school years. BL ranks among the lower schools academically if you care. Currently they are struggling with middle school enrollment-big tuition with little value... All of this turnover/confusion/kaos has not created a lot of winning at the local or national level for a while, just a few new Rovers for the ol' boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go. You aren’t as anonymous as you think you are Mr K. You’ve been trolling a grown man (and his child) over a game for 12 year olds. Perspective. You are the poison in the well. Time to move on and focus on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go. You aren’t as anonymous as you think you are Mr K. You’ve been trolling a grown man (and his child) over a game for 12 year olds. Perspective. You are the poison in the well. Time to move on and focus on your team.

Love when anonymous isn’t that anonymous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr.K sounds like a James Bond spy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is who this is, it makes perfect sense! Angry about everything. Mumbling and stomping around like a toddler when his kid wasn’t on the field. Pretty entertaining to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is who this is, it makes perfect sense! Angry about everything. Mumbling and stomping around like a toddler when his kid wasn’t on the field. Pretty entertaining to watch.

Enjoying this thread! Who is The elusive Mr K?
But, Goloboski? Yeah, good luck with that guy. The player is undersized and is t even that good anyway. Kid of a worthless argument imo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But, Goloboski? Yeah, good luck with that guy. The player is undersized and is t even that good anyway. Kid of a worthless argument imo

-Mr.K

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ?? Speak for yourself. It is D1 or bust for us parents of elite players. Top Elite Club only, MIAA . Sorry you are not able to reach those .

Misconception #2-

"Elite" Clubs are the only ones with good teams.

The reality is, there is no such thing as a truly "elite" club. Many of the big-name clubs have just one or two top-tier teams. Those are the ones they promote the most all over the internet and sites like this. The rest is all smoke and mirrors, social media marketing, and PR.

The reality is many "elite clubs" have mediocre and even bad "B" squads to fleece desperate wannabe parents out of money.

There are good teams everywhere. But most club programs just have one or two.

Can you find it? It's usually the team where parents cheer for the whole team, coaches are trusted to coach, and the kids hang out off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

…. Spoken like a real Mr K.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard