Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 08:36 PM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 07:48 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 07:37 PM
NLF Rankings VS Inside Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 07:28 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 06:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,081
Posts335,689
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 89 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #346537 08/20/21 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Lol. Playing time? True AS never gave her a break she played every minute of every game. She’s a good kid. She wanted to go play for her high school coach the coach of the Jesters. The other girl left mid season when she didn’t play in the 20 minute playoff games at LFTC vs YJ and the Grizzlies.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #346586 08/21/21 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

So I have heard many times about this player leaving. Was curious as to why she and her family left? Not looking for snarky bitter answers, there must have been legitimate reasons for this, perhaps something we can all take away from?

From what I heard, she was having problems with AS over playing time. He has a habit of playing his favorites, even when they don’t perform. Another girl left this year for the same reason, and others almost did too. She is a great kid.

Lol. Playing time? True AS never gave her a break she played every minute of every game. She’s a good kid. She wanted to go play for her high school coach the coach of the Jesters. The other girl left mid season when she didn’t play in the 20 minute playoff games at LFTC vs YJ and the Grizzlies.

Her two older sisters are coaches for jesters too.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346596 08/21/21 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid has a superstar on her team too. What’s wrong with that? When you have every D1 school at your club game it’s good for everyone. I expect she’ll commit either the first week of September or by October but I think other girls on the team will get offers too but they make not go week 1. The superstar has her eye in one school, whereas the girls supporting her (who also have some nice accolades to their names, and some upside) may be casting a bit wider of a net.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346621 08/21/21 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid has a superstar on her team too. What’s wrong with that? When you have every D1 school at your club game it’s good for everyone. I expect she’ll commit either the first week of September or by October but I think other girls on the team will get offers too but they make not go week 1. The superstar has her eye in one school, whereas the girls supporting her (who also have some nice accolades to their names, and some upside) may be casting a bit wider of a net.

Nothing wrong with having a stud player however if she dominates touches the rest of the team becomes role players. If she commits early then they will have trouble drawing coaches to their fall games and that hurts the rest of the team for recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346630 08/21/21 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top “dream schools”?
I’m thinking (in no particular order)

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #346677 08/22/21 07:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

A confusing list between tier 1 and 2. Is it based on academics/lacrosse? BC doesn’t stack up academically to some of the schools in tier 2.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346686 08/22/21 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

A confusing list between tier 1 and 2. Is it based on academics/lacrosse? BC doesn’t stack up academically to some of the schools in tier 2.

True about BC, but they're the best Lax school in the country right now, and look to be for a while. They are also on par academically with UNC. Notre Dame should be first tier too. I agree with MD, PSU and Florida as second tier because of the academics. Cuse should be second tier as well. And Virginia and Michigan could be higher if they could improve their lax a bit. Same for Harvard, Brown and Hopkins. Stony Brook could be a second or maybe third tier. Wonder how girls will form their top ten. If your daughter has good grades, and is a strong player, what would be her top 10 in order if money was not a factor?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346701 08/22/21 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC
Princeton
Penn
Yale
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
UNC

Second tier:

Virginia
Michigan
Penn State
Hopkins
Florida
USC
Maryland
Hopkins
Harvard
Brown

True about BC, but they're the best Lax school in the country right now, and look to be for a while. They are also on par academically with UNC. Notre Dame should be first tier too. I agree with MD, PSU and Florida as second tier because of the academics. Cuse should be second tier as well. And Virginia and Michigan could be higher if they could improve their lax a bit. Same for Harvard, Brown and Hopkins. Stony Brook could be a second or maybe third tier. Wonder how girls will form their top ten. If your daughter has good grades, and is a strong player, what would be her top 10 in order if money was not a factor?

National rankings of Universities
#9 Hopkins
#24 UVA
#28 UNC
#30 Florida
#37 BC

BC is tops in lax but academically not as strong as a couple of the other schools.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346711 08/22/21 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have done this with two kids. All else being equal, pursue the best school academically that your child receives interest from. Start with the Ivies , Stanford, Hopkins, G Town, Duke… and work down. Yes the Ivies are expensive and give out aid with an eye dropper but the job opportunities the kids get are ridiculous compared to every other school. If you can get 1/2 tuition off for 4 years at UVA, UNC, Michigan… then I can see going there vs full pay at an Ivy. The other thing you have to consider is honestly, is your child going to play? BC, UNC, Maryland are all fine schools but they roll with an army and get the best players year after year. Being on the team is a 40 hr a week job and riding the bench stinks. If you are in a position to choose, pick the best school academically where your child has a realistic opportunity to see the field and contribute.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346755 08/22/21 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any would be amazing, but if the offers came:

Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
UNC
BC
Princeton
Yale
UVA
Penn
Hopkins

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #346766 08/22/21 05:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who is putting Georgetown or UVA in the same academic category with the upper Ivies and Stanford/Northwestern/Duke/Hopkins - they aren't there on any metric. They're with Michigan/USC/Berkeley - great schools and certainly some nice lacrosse programs there though.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346769 08/22/21 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can we see who commits where in September

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346773 08/22/21 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The clubs post it on the web sites and they will post it on Instagram

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346777 08/22/21 07:10 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Like Reply Quote
Laxers412 #346781 08/22/21 07:36 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
Originally Posted by Laxers412

Or you can check out @BackOfTheCage on Twitter , @BackOfTheCage on Facebook and @BackOfTheCage on Instagram as they post new college commitments daily and they also have feature the newest commits on the websites home page and the most recent 200 commitments under the 'Commitment Center' tab under the specific grad year. Here's the link for the 2023's - . 2023 College Commitments (some already have committed as Navy, Army, Air Force, etc, allow players to commit early)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone seen the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase Camp? Seems like a good event for only $189 with the top coaching and exposure the 44 players allowed would get and I've gone to one College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers) event before and I personally loved it compared to 2 other showcases we tried this summer b/c they are so small and my daughter had great experience.

It's a soft period but D1's are allowed to be there and it's the only event in September that I can find locally so I am going to register my daughter - just wanted to get others thoughts as I fee like any exposure is good exposure, especially when coaches are going to be calling kids soon, leaving less scholarships available.. Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 89 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard