BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe the rosters from the little league World Series are made up of kids from different teams in each area. Same thing here, put the best in the district together and go play. I wish Maryland and Boston would do that and increase the competitiveness of the matchups.

Problem being is that they go with the banner of a particular club team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the rosters from the little league World Series are made up of kids from different teams in each area. Same thing here, put the best in the district together and go play. I wish Maryland and Boston would do that and increase the competitiveness of the matchups.

But clubs like MDLX, Sweetlax, FCA etc all have national teams and do the same thing. Don’t understand the big deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking 3 kids from 8 different club teams to make up a super roster, defeats the purpose of the whole thing to begin with. Doing this and winning, isn’t so rewarding. The regional all star thing, making a different type of tournament, maybe. Although that was attempted with warrior a few years ago. That didn’t go so well either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But clubs like MDLX, Sweetlax, FCA etc all have national teams and do the same thing. Don’t understand the big deal.

Juat because they do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. And if I am wrong than why do people give a garbage about rankings on these boards? Because if it is agreed that teams just cherry picking kids from all different orgamizations is OK then there definitely would be no credibility to rankings (even if there was now)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS
BEING HELD ON THE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT CANTIAGUE PARK IN HICKSVILLE FROM 7PM TO 9PM! ITS OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL CLUBS WHOSE BIRTHDAYS FALL ON OR AFTER 9/1/2008!!!! YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR THEM AT: http://igloolacrosse.sportssignup.com/site/

You forgot to mention the amazing no name coaches.[/quote]
Anthony Alexander and Scott Snyder[/quote]

NO THANKS. I would never have my kid tryout for those guys. Proof is in the pudding.[/quote]

Agreed. Both have developed their kids to be sub-par.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Juat because they do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. And if I am wrong than why do people give a garbage about rankings on these boards? Because if it is agreed that teams just cherry picking kids from all different orgamizations is OK then there definitely would be no credibility to rankings (even if there was now)

Rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, an all-star team from the area would be good

That would be cool, but it should be called the All-Star tournament.

And the World Series should prevent All-Star teams from competing in its tournament.

Absolutely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the World Series should prevent All-Star teams from competing in its tournament.

Absolutely

There should be an All-star game that is played after the World Series. Two top kids from each team should be selected with campions getting to enter 3 kids. The coaches from the two teams in the WSYL championship game should be the coaches for the all-star game.

Only problem I see is that the daddy coaches shouldn’t be the ones to pick the top two kids from each team. Not sure how you get around that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely

There should be an All-star game that is played after the World Series. Two top kids from each team should be selected with campions getting to enter 3 kids. The coaches from the two teams in the WSYL championship game should be the coaches for the all-star game.

Only problem I see is that the daddy coaches shouldn’t be the ones to pick the top two kids from each team. Not sure how you get around that?

I see your point. Could you imagine if the Igloo B coach puts his kid on the team. OMG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely

The all star teams are the top four teams at the wsyl. If you are not on those teams you are not an all star!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I agree, an all-star team from the area would be good

Why should they? People will obviously pay either way. There is no incentive to make any changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings - $800

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like the East Coast youth lax scene is exploiting the kids (and parents) for $$ gain. My son plays for the Kings and is coached by dads with college experience who are more invested in the boys and who don’t charge a dime to coach. The costs are $1500 or so for fall and summer, which includes tournament entry fees, practice field use and uniforms. Plus, there isn’t pushback from the organization if a player wants to play on a national team for a tournament or two. Tommyknockers are the same. These two organizations get the top players in Denver because they are all about the boys — not making $$ off them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking 3 kids from 8 different club teams to make up a super roster, defeats the purpose of the whole thing to begin with. Doing this and winning, isn’t so rewarding. The regional all star thing, making a different type of tournament, maybe. Although that was attempted with warrior a few years ago. That didn’t go so well either.

I think the Machine and Express parents are nervous !!!
Make a team and enter whats the problem ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely

The all star teams are the top four teams at the wsyl. If you are not on those teams you are not an all star!

Winner. Go play on the top 5 national ranked teams and you do not have to play for a national team. Your top 5 team will crush any national team and you save $$$. Only dingdongs play for multiple teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only problem I see is that the daddy coaches shouldn’t be the ones to pick the top two kids from each team. Not sure how you get around that?[/quote]

The all star teams are the top four teams at the wsyl. If you are not on those teams you are not an all star![/quote]

Winner. Go play on the top 5 national ranked teams and you do not have to play for a national team. Your top 5 team will crush any national team and you save $$$. Only dingdongs play for multiple teams.[/quote]

Clearly you have older sons like me, this is correct. Do not wast $ on national teams or showcases until sophomore and junior year. National teams lose to the top five and even ten best club teams. Just a money grab and no recruiting. And sc do very little. Go to college days hosted by the college in tenth grade. My oldest is playing mid level d1and all his friends too. Too many first time parents spend so much when all they have to do is have kid on best local club team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The all star teams are the top four teams at the wsyl. If you are not on those teams you are not an all star![/quote]

Winner. Go play on the top 5 national ranked teams and you do not have to play for a national team. Your top 5 team will crush any national team and you save $$$. Only dingdongs play for multiple teams.[/quote]

Clearly you have older sons like me, this is correct. Do not wast $ on national teams or showcases until sophomore and junior year. National teams lose to the top five and even ten best club teams. Just a money grab and no recruiting. And sc do very little. Go to college days hosted by the college in tenth grade. My oldest is playing mid level d1and all his friends too. Too many first time parents spend so much when all they have to do is have kid on best local club team.[/quote]

Maybe you need to install some spell check but otherwise good advice for the novice parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 charging almost 5K. I dare the Bearded one to prove me wrong. Team is good but overrated at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 charging almost 5K. I dare the Bearded one to prove me wrong. Team is good but overrated at this point.

No seriously 5k ?? How much are others ? I know everyone by now knows the tuition cost let hear them !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must offset for the 6 Daddy coaches Tuition free cost !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you have older sons like me, this is correct. Do not wast $ on national teams or showcases until sophomore and junior year. National teams lose to the top five and even ten best club teams. Just a money grab and no recruiting. And sc do very little. Go to college days hosted by the college in tenth grade. My oldest is playing mid level d1and all his friends too. Too many first time parents spend so much when all they have to do is have kid on best local club team.[/quote]

Maybe you need to install some spell check but otherwise good advice for the novice parents.[/quote]

Yup. Why so much competition to be on 91 and Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs on Long Island - Express, S2S, 91, etc….$3,900.00 to $5,000.00

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No seriously 5k ?? How much are others ? I know everyone by now knows the tuition cost let hear them !

CRICKETS 🦗

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is the Igloo WS Tryout and is J.C the coach ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S not even top five. Big step backward this year For all ages 91 and express are top. 3) No doubt Rebels- ever team has improved and the best deal around. They will dominate some younger ages and other will compete at AA level. 4) iglioo but have taken step back. 5) give to legacy because they have a few top teams test are B plus. They also play a cake schedule and tourneys they are involved in so they can make match ups. 6-7 S2S empire 8-10 true blue empire and turds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CRICKETS 🦗

Who’s paying 5k lol that seems a bit high we aren’t paying close to that for 91 someone lied to you … maybe machine is 5k but not us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CRICKETS 🦗

Who’s paying 5k lol that seems a bit high we aren’t paying close to that for 91 someone lied to you … maybe machine is 5k but not us

Hmm where all the Machine parents now ? You Say how they lose you hear them for 2 pages worth .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they have their B team coach coaching. Total joke!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they have their B team coach coaching. Total joke!!!!

Whats the cost of tryout ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91 Machine 5K ? Any Machine parents here ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free

So I guess JC's team isn't good enough to enter. Might need to look for a coaching upgrade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free

So I guess JC's team isn't good enough to enter. Might need to look for a coaching upgrade.

Exactly, imagine being a igloo A player paying there rates for the team and this is proposed . Slap in the face . I would be looking for a new team ASAP .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free

Exactly, imagine being a igloo A player paying there rates for the team and this is proposed . Slap in the face . I would be looking for a new team ASAP .

Igloo is an embarrassment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would try out for that team? Aren't most of the best kids already on a team that is going to the world series qualifier? Curious who they think will be trying out for this team?
Free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would try out for that team? Aren't most of the best kids already on a team that is going to the world series qualifier? Curious who they think will be trying out for this team?
Free

No most of the best kids are not already on World Series Qualifier teams . I know many the parents wont spend 4/5k plus thousands in traveling, hotels , tolls and food every weekend and live for it . Many are on other teams . There kids can hang and are better than those top team kids .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free

Haha the biggest misconception that your son is on the “TOP” team that he is better than a kid on a low A or a B team . Parents are ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine is a little over 4K, definitely not 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CRICKETS 🦗

CRICKETS 🦗

I’m pretty sure that if 2027 A (Machine) is paying 5K, then B and C are also. The tuition is the same for the entire age group. They may not all get the same in regards to availability of fields and the indoor facility but they are all charged the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Machine is a little over 4K, definitely not 5

So your saying $4500 ?

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard