BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there any teams on the North Fork or at least near Riverhead? My son wants to play travel for the first time but it seems like most of the teams are so far west.

Epic Jokers, run by John Amato , HC of Mattituck HS Lacrosse. He is a great guy and coach. If we weren't so far away my son would be playing for him.

Good program with some 2025 kids who could be playing for better teams (I assume geography keeps that from happening). We've played and see them at several local tournaments over the past 2-3 years.

Only thing I will warn you against is the trashy, awful parents and it's not just a few of them. They berate opposing players and coaches. Blame refs (they scream at them from horn to horn) when they lose and just act like pure trash. Literally the worst parents I've ever encountered in travel lacrosse. Even their sons tell them to stop during games but they don't. It has to be embarrassing. That may just be the 2025 group though. I don't know.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Brennan is a good guy/ coach and set up a successful program. Has a great mix of coaches at this age and brings in some talented kids that the other teams covet. They do a great job getting their players into showcases. Recruiting side not as established as some of the other programs. They also inherited all the castoffs from the other programs when they launched which account for most of these posts.

My son has played some showcases and been at camps with some of the Jokers kids. He says they are good kids even if their parents can be tough to handle on the sideline sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw some joker helmets at empire tryouts. i guess some are thinking about leaving

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think a lot of kids still undecided and are attending multiple tryouts. The initial round of tryouts was much earlier than previous years and many kids were away. The amount of information out there is mind numbing and the directors are just feeding you the company line. I'm exhausted just going through it. I didn't expect to see much movement this year but every tryout has over 50 kids. The top 10 on each team are probably locked in, after that who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters are already filled and there is some scrambling by players who got punked by current organiztions. Why else would you leave? Who knows how it shakes out. My guess is same as last year: 91 and Exp rule the roost. Everyone else just collecting $

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep checking the 91 site for tryout results. Anyone know when they will be posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep checking the 91 site for tryout results. Anyone know when they will be posted?

I think those invites have been out for weeks. I hope you’re not waiting for your sons pinnie number to be posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why they haven’t posted, but invites for their A team went out a while ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts were weeks ago. If your son made it, they’d be asking for money already. Sorry for the bad news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts were weeks ago. If your son made it, they’d be asking for money already. Sorry for the bad news.

That stinks that they didn’t reach out, thank everyone for their participation and let them know the roster has been set.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That stinks that they didn’t reach out, thank everyone for their participation and let them know the roster has been set.

Not very classy !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters are already filled and there is some scrambling by players who got punked by current organiztions. Why else would you leave? Who knows how it shakes out. My guess is same as last year: 91 and Exp rule the roost. Everyone else just collecting $

Express? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. They have been the most consistent program in the group over the past 4 years. Both their A & B teams. They had a down year by their standards but now that their kids hit their growth spurts you will see them return to form. Who out there is better than them on LI, other than 91? The Turtles? Shore? Igloo? Nope....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express? Really?
On LI, yes really. 91 #1, Express #2, after that big drop off of pretenders and haters. I don't want to hear about Igloo, Rebels or anyone else, until you've actually won something. They are not in the same conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels? Have they ever beaten Exp? Have they even been competitive with them? I dont think so. Heck, who have they beaten ? Igloo is a step up from Rebels but still not an Exp caliber team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels? Have they ever beaten Exp? Have they even been competitive with them? I dont think so. Heck, who have they beaten ? Igloo is a step up from Rebels but still not an Exp caliber team
Like the first guy said. 91 and Express than everyone else. The pluses and minuses for all the other clubs year won't change that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even with the B teams. Their "B" teams are better than everyone elses. Its the Organizations...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even with the B teams. Their "B" teams are better than everyone elses. Its the Organizations...

It all comes down how much time the coaches will commit to the team. For B teams m, paid coaches do the minimum and it is risky. For coaches that are dads with paid coaches, those are usually the most dedicated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014 2016 2017 2018 outlaws never beat express until 10 th grade then never lost to them.,enjoy past success, but no not expect to be almighty( even if u all go to STA and chaminot)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014 2016 2017 2018 outlaws never beat express until 10 th grade then never lost to them.,enjoy past success, but no not expect to be almighty( even if u all go to STA and chaminot)

I think referencing a club that no longer exists is probably not the best example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont compare rebels and outlaws they arent even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are one and the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Rush/Legacy merger work out? Did it draw more talent to try outs or did it push kids away? Does it seem like the AA team will be able to compete with the top teams? How many teams did they end up forming?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were looking for a FOGO so not sure how well it may have worked out for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to sign up for some of these college days if you haven’t been invited by one of the coaches ? Is it a money grab if that particular school hasn’t showed interest in your kid? Thanks if advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a bit early for 2025s to be going to school specific showcases, isn’t it? Nevertheless, it is a huge climb to get on a radar of a college coach at these sessions if your son is not specifically invited. Remember, these D1 schools have 100s of kids to choose from. They start focusing on their top kids and use these events to get final looks, and rank them on their boards. It’s very difficult for an uninvited kid to move enough up that ladder, unless the kid is a very late bloomer, is extremely athletic and has the best camp possible. Just an opinion, but it’s very difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to sign up for some of these college days if you haven’t been invited by one of the coaches ? Is it a money grab if that particular school hasn’t showed interest in your kid? Thanks if advance

The D1 schools are not looking at 2025’s. The top D1 schools are looking at 2023’s with an eye on the 24’s. The lower tier D1 schools are still filling out their 2022 recruiting class with an eye on 23’s. It’s not worth it unless your son is a total stud and can stand out playing against the top 23’s. From my experience, Prospect days are a great way to get on a teams radar. I would highly recommend it next year.
The lower tier D1 schools, D2 and D3 find a majority of their players through their prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent we talking about 9th graders? You people need to slow down and smell the roses. College is 4 years away and most of your kids wont even be playing by then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 showcases are a total money grab. No coaching staff is evaluating or ranking incoming freshmen this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. They have been the most consistent program in the group over the past 4 years. Both their A & B teams. They had a down year by their standards but now that their kids hit their growth spurts you will see them return to form. Who out there is better than them on LI, other than 91? The Turtles? Shore? Igloo? Nope....

Facts, Express train will be rolling right into the HS years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The phrase express train sounded pretty cool when they won all the time. That don’t happen anymore. Just say express. Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The phrase express train sounded pretty cool when they won all the time. That don’t happen anymore. Just say express. Please.

From what I hear a bunch of those passengers are staying at the 8th grade station for another year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I hear a bunch of those passengers are staying at the 8th grade station for another year.

Yup! And/or stay in the 9th grade station for 2 years! But, hey … everyone else doing this around the country! So, if it’s an advantage and is allowed and others doing it to get an advantage, why wouldn’t they if they could!? US Lacrosse needs to change the rules for everyone, or the “holdback” situation will only get more prevalent for those who can afford or finagle there way to extra school years! It’s going to become “the norm” to do it for those with means. Is it fair?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can’t win then try and beat up on some younger teams. Great cultural. What about the true birth year 2026 players that just lost their spot ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall season starts soon and then everyone can see who has really improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! And/or stay in the 9th grade station for 2 years! But, hey … everyone else doing this around the country! So, if it’s an advantage and is allowed and others doing it to get an advantage, why wouldn’t they if they could!? US Lacrosse needs to change the rules for everyone, or the “holdback” situation will only get more prevalent for those who can afford or finagle there way to extra school years! It’s going to become “the norm” to do it for those with means. Is it fair?

Is this really true. Are some of the 2025s already reclassing this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's pathetic if it is true. These parents need to have their heads examined. To each their own but man, the disappointment you will endure in 4 years...Sheesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's pathetic if it is true. These parents need to have their heads examined. To each their own but man, the disappointment you will endure in 4 years...Sheesh[/quot PS

It’s totally true and parents should get their heads checked. Hard work on the field and in the classroom is what gets you places in life . Not being held back to make your kid look better !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this really true. Are some of the 2025s already reclassing this year?

I personally know 2 already. So yes it's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard