BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your not a parent lol , you sure sound like a disgruntled parent . The Bandits A team played A bracket tournament
S all year , Crossfire played B every tournament. 11 Bandits players and 11 Crossfire players makes up the new team. I’m sure your friend ( air quotes ) will listen to your wisdom . You sure know a awful lot about a program and games they played for someone being informed by a friend . You sound completely foolish and you clearly are a disgruntled parent with a grudge .

If it makes you feel better to think my kid is in the program, so be it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Jesters kids left the program , Recon is in shambles , Recon program is extremely weak, the kids with any type of talent are looking elsewhere. YJ has four teams in this age group , they could easily just combine the actual good players and have a A, B ,C half of these kids don’t play anyway. 91 team kept the core group and added a few Crossfire kids . Haven’t heard much on the legacy front, assuming smooth sailing in legacy

Re:2024- YJ, A and B seem to play at a higher level. A was 6th amd B at 15th. C has some good players but maybe the forgotten child. Have heard of roving eyes by some of the players. 1 or 2 moving to a new org and not sure about the rest. There was surely a lot of kicking of tires. Despite being ranked in top 40, it’s tough being the 3rd team. And don’t forget D. Tryouts should be interesting as always but surely they have the teams picked already.
Legacy and Liberty seem to play at a second tier and both rank between 20 and 30. Liberty has added at least one or two players from other top 50 teams.
Despite historically being a competitive org, Top Guns(2024) is struggling. Maybe a change at the top will stop the bleeding. Rumors of several players moving on but maybe at least one from YJ. B or C.
Elevate was 51 but may have lost a few more decent players. Seems like a trend for 2024 the last 2 years after having pretty good team at one point.

As far as the rest, …Big Drop off and last year they all seemed to play or be ranked all as lower level teams. No significant additions but maybe some juggling of a few players.
91 was lower ranked at 116 but kept all of its top players while merging with bandits so maybe they surprise? A lot has been written about the past and present problems over there so we will see.

I’ve heard of a few of these clubs struggling and adding new coaches to stop the bleeding. But, It could be like putting lipstick on a pig ? Maybe one or two orgs having significant problems with 2024. Maybe a brand new start up forming as another option? We will see.

All of these clubs(top to bottom) have warts and have heard a steady flow of complaints. Bottom line is coaching and training is probably most important. Your kid needs game reps to get better and also be seen. No fun playing in a toxic environment or sitting on the bench!! But you don’t want to join a ramshackle club that takes your money but doesn’t practice or has issues at the top. Stay away from parent coaches and bad politics. You need a coach that is going to advocate for your daughter and not just worry about themselves. Sadly, Sometimes you don’t know til you get there.

2024 is a crucial year. Some advice to anyone picking a club.
Do your research and ask questions. Go to a practice or game unannounced and watch,,see who’s running it and how the coaches talk to the girls. How does the coach present themselves and are they a good role model?. What is the coaches experience with Women’s lacrosse? and dealing with college coaches and recruiting? Parent coaches are generally a problem. So, ask who the head coach is? Who are the assistant coaches? if they are parents,, what position does their daughter play?
If it’s a new coach, ask what happened to the last coach and why were they were replaced? And where did the new coach come from and why did she leave their last job?
Training, professional coaching and field time is most important.
You are paying a lot of money so don’t be afraid to ask too many questions. An educated consumer is going to make smart decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta agree with the other comment, you seem awfully invested considering your kid supposedly plays for another program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Jesters kids left the program , Recon is in shambles , Recon program is extremely weak, the kids with any type of talent are looking elsewhere. YJ has four teams in this age group , they could easily just combine the actual good players and have a A, B ,C half of these kids don’t play anyway. 91 team kept the core group and added a few Crossfire kids . Haven’t heard much on the legacy front, assuming smooth sailing in legacy

Re:2024- YJ, A and B seem to play at a higher level. A was 6th amd B at 15th. C has some good players but maybe the forgotten child. Have heard of roving eyes by some of the players. 1 or 2 moving to a new org and not sure about the rest. There was surely a lot of kicking of tires. Despite being ranked in top 40, it’s tough being the 3rd team. And don’t forget D. Tryouts should be interesting as always but surely they have the teams picked already.
Legacy and Liberty seem to play at a second tier and both rank between 20 and 30. Liberty has added at least one or two players from other top 50 teams.
Despite historically being a competitive org, Top Guns(2024) is struggling. Maybe a change at the top will stop the bleeding. Rumors of several players moving on but maybe at least one from YJ. B or C.
Elevate was 51 but may have lost a few more decent players. Seems like a trend for 2024 the last 2 years after having pretty good team at one point.

As far as the rest, …Big Drop off and last year they all seemed to play or be ranked all as lower level teams. No significant additions but maybe some juggling of a few players.
91 was lower ranked at 116 but kept all of its top players while merging with bandits so maybe they surprise? A lot has been written about the past and present problems over there so we will see.

I’ve heard of a few of these clubs struggling and adding new coaches to stop the bleeding. But, It could be like putting lipstick on a pig ? Maybe one or two orgs having significant problems with 2024. Maybe a brand new start up forming as another option? We will see.

All of these clubs(top to bottom) have warts and have heard a steady flow of complaints. Bottom line is coaching and training is probably most important. Your kid needs game reps to get better and also be seen. No fun playing in a toxic environment or sitting on the bench!! But you don’t want to join a ramshackle club that takes your money but doesn’t practice or has issues at the top. Stay away from parent coaches and bad politics. You need a coach that is going to advocate for your daughter and not just worry about themselves. Sadly, Sometimes you don’t know til you get there.

Do your research and ask questions. Go to a practice or game unannounced and watch,,see who’s running it and how the coaches talk to the girls. How does the coach present themselves and are they a good role model?. What is the coaches experience with Women’s lacrosse? and dealing with college coaches and recruiting? Parent coaches are generally a problem. So, ask who the head coach is? Who are the assistant coaches? if they are parents,, what position does their daughter play?
If it’s a new coach, ask what happened to the last coach and why were they were replaced? And where did the new coach come from and why did she leave their last job?
You are paying a lot of money so don’t be afraid to ask too many questions. An educated consumer is going to make smart decisions.

This is so accurate. If you actually want to know what’s going on you have to see it for yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so accurate. If you actually want to know what’s going on you have to see it for yourself

I would do your best to avoid parent coaches. In my experience They're generally over the top and make the whole experience exhausting.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you find out upcoming showcase opportunities and tryouts for things like under armor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you find out upcoming showcase opportunities and tryouts for things like under armor

Connectlax.com lists most of the events

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC will sometimes have them listed under EVENTS

I also get emails for various upcoming showcases and my daughter's coach will mention certain ones to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC will sometimes have them listed under EVENTS

I also get emails for various upcoming showcases and my daughter's coach will mention certain ones to her.

Forgot to add in the forums too: Tournaments, Showcases and Leagues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a little confused why people are playing for low tier clubs with no recruiting connections and parent coaches. For example: how or why do people still play for recon, shore 2 shore, FLG, and 91? Even if you look at their train of recruits there is no notable schools. There is a reason most lose their talent to better programs as they get older.

I’m genuinely curious why parents choose to stick by those programs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a little confused why people are playing for low tier clubs with no recruiting connections and parent coaches. For example: how or why do people still play for recon, shore 2 shore, FLG, and 91? Even if you look at their train of recruits there is no notable schools. There is a reason most lose their talent to better programs as they get older.

I’m genuinely curious why parents choose to stick by those programs.

Not every player is looking to play in college. i know girls on these teams who play because they enjoy the game and the camaraderie. For some, this is their second sport/activity and but their primary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every player is looking to play in college. i know girls on these teams who play because they enjoy the game and the camaraderie. For some, this is their second sport/activity and but their primary.

supposed to read “not their primary.” darn autocorrect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the concern is more so for the talented kids who didn’t move teams yet who are still on those rosters. Wasting their potential with clubs that can’t do anything for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the concern is more so for the talented kids who didn’t move teams yet who are still on those rosters. Wasting their potential with clubs that can’t do anything for them.

I think you should know by 6th grade if your daughter is serious enough to want to play in college and you should kind of know her abilities and commitment by then? Then you will know if it warrants trying to get on a more serious team? She will need to try and make a move to one of the more serious teams before HS age. It gets harder and harder as you approach 9th grade. 10th grade is when the recruiting starts and teams seem pretty much set, With a few exceptions. Just depends on how serious and committed a kid wants to be in the sport? Other than that, if a kid just wants to play for the enjoyment of the sport, Then that’s awesome! It’s great on LI we have plenty of different clubs that suit every type of player! We are lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the concern is more so for the talented kids who didn’t move teams yet who are still on those rosters. Wasting their potential with clubs that can’t do anything for them.[/quote]

Look at their 2022 commitments to see how good they are at potentially showcasing your daughter. 91 is not a program that will get her any looks or help with recruiting at all. They have 5 commits from 2 teams at 2022 - all to schools a decent HS player can just walk on anyway. Players need to be seen by Coaches who attend the top tournaments - there are probably 4-5 during the summer that most Coaches attend and 91 is never there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at their 2022 commitments to see how good they are at potentially showcasing your daughter. 91 is not a program that will get her any looks or help with recruiting at all. They have 5 commits from 2 teams at 2022 - all to schools a decent HS player can just walk on anyway. Players need to be seen by Coaches who attend the top tournaments - there are probably 4-5 during the summer that most Coaches attend and 91 is never there.[/quote]

So showcases don’t matter? No matter what club a child plays on if they are good and the talent is there they will be known or seen! I have known many of kids who have played for the top clubs, a lot just on the roster never seeing the field and never touched the field in college. So does just wearing the gear get your child a scholarship and playing time? I have also known children who could have been on the A team at the top clubs but chose to go with a different club because of the coaching and not wanting to deal with the politics and guess what they all got d1 scholarships and actually played in college. I will say it’s obvious that the top club attracts top players but that does not mean they are the only top kids looked at! They have more exposure from a big club but talent will get you the best exposure! Go where your child is happy and fits. That’s where they will excel and do their best. That’s the end goal happy children not happy fathers living through their kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at their 2022 commitments to see how good they are at potentially showcasing your daughter. 91 is not a program that will get her any looks or help with recruiting at all. They have 5 commits from 2 teams at 2022 - all to schools a decent HS player can just walk on anyway. Players need to be seen by Coaches who attend the top tournaments - there are probably 4-5 during the summer that most Coaches attend and 91 is never there.[/quote]

Only one d1 commitment from their two 2022 teams and that was a stony brook kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at their 2022 commitments to see how good they are at potentially showcasing your daughter. 91 is not a program that will get her any looks or help with recruiting at all. They have 5 commits from 2 teams at 2022 - all to schools a decent HS player can just walk on anyway. Players need to be seen by Coaches who attend the top tournaments - there are probably 4-5 during the summer that most Coaches attend and 91 is never there.

Only one d1 commitment from their two 2022 teams and that was a stony brook kid[/quote]

And she is a Goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So showcases don’t matter? No matter what club a child plays on if they are good and the talent is there they will be known or seen! I have known many of kids who have played for the top clubs, a lot just on the roster never seeing the field and never touched the field in college. So does just wearing the gear get your child a scholarship and playing time? I have also known children who could have been on the A team at the top clubs but chose to go with a different club because of the coaching and not wanting to deal with the politics and guess what they all got d1 scholarships and actually played in college. I will say it’s obvious that the top club attracts top players but that does not mean they are the only top kids looked at! They have more exposure from a big club but talent will get you the best exposure! Go where your child is happy and fits. That’s where they will excel and do their best. That’s the end goal happy children not happy fathers living through their kids![/quote]

Have you been to a showcase? It's usually 75-100 girls of mixed grades - complete mayhem. Unless the Coach invited your daughter and you had a conversation prior to the event, it is highly unlikely that your Diamond in the Rough will be seen. Top clubs contact coaches and let them know your level of interest. The landscape is changing and alot of these young NCAA Coaches have all played for, or know the rep, of the top clubs. The branding and marketing of these clubs will trump your no-name superstar who is trying to do it alone, everyday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So showcases don’t matter? No matter what club a child plays on if they are good and the talent is there they will be known or seen! I have known many of kids who have played for the top clubs, a lot just on the roster never seeing the field and never touched the field in college. So does just wearing the gear get your child a scholarship and playing time? I have also known children who could have been on the A team at the top clubs but chose to go with a different club because of the coaching and not wanting to deal with the politics and guess what they all got d1 scholarships and actually played in college. I will say it’s obvious that the top club attracts top players but that does not mean they are the only top kids looked at! They have more exposure from a big club but talent will get you the best exposure! Go where your child is happy and fits. That’s where they will excel and do their best. That’s the end goal happy children not happy fathers living through their kids!

Have you been to a showcase? It's usually 75-100 girls of mixed grades - complete mayhem. Unless the Coach invited your daughter and you had a conversation prior to the event, it is highly unlikely that your Diamond in the Rough will be seen. Top clubs contact coaches and let them know your level of interest. The landscape is changing and alot of these young NCAA Coaches have all played for, or know the rep, of the top clubs. The branding and marketing of these clubs will trump your no-name superstar who is trying to do it alone, everyday.[/quote]

Even if you’re crazy talented if you don’t have a coach or club connected to the recruiting world and right tournaments you’re in trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top guns black is officially not even in the top 50. How did this happen ?

Yellow jackets d team is only ranked 5 below them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will change this fall. Team much improved at exactly the right time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2024 is done. Every decent and good player left the team. They have about 4 kids on the top team who were on it last year. They have no goalie, and I would not be surprised if elevate falls apart within the next year or two. The top three girls went to Kildare, Liberty, and Jesters and the goalie also to Kildare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right... come fall, Yellow Jackets D will be ranked ahead of TG, where they belong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 Girls rankings…
Somebody posted that YJ D is only 5 below TG?
Not quite at least yet because …
Top Guns Black is 59
Yellow jackets D is 74

Neither ranking is very good and a high ranking doesn’t mean the org will do a good job of getting your athlete a look.

What’s going on at TG 2024? And YJ 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2024 is done. Every decent and good player left the team. They have about 4 kids on the top team who were on it last year. They have no goalie, and I would not be surprised if elevate falls apart within the next year or two. The top three girls went to Kildare, Liberty, and Jesters and the goalie also to Kildare.

And, how do you know this as YJ tryouts have not even happened yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They pulled up the b goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s funny they went to Kildare considering so much of that team was unhappy half the roster tried out elsewhere. Also funny Kildare can promise a kid a spot on there roster but tell the team cuts will be made at tryouts . I gusss that yellowjackets has no interest in moving kids up and down who deserve to be moved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right... come fall, Yellow Jackets D will be ranked ahead of TG, where they belong

That top guns team got one good kid this year… a draw girl but the team can’t survive on one strong player. Weak defense and a weak attack with a normal skilled keeper

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters and Liberty are likely going to be much stronger this year with some of the pick ups they both made. Only issue liberty will have is a roster size that is too big

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Promised a spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2024 is done. Every decent and good player left the team. They have about 4 kids on the top team who were on it last year. They have no goalie, and I would not be surprised if elevate falls apart within the next year or two. .

That team has been done for awhile. Most of the their best players left 2 years ago. Prior to that they had a pretty competitive team. They were not very good this year and played low level tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters and Liberty are likely going to be much stronger this year with some of the pick ups they both made. Only issue liberty will have is a roster size that is too big

Stop it!!!

No they didnt

Who did they pick up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it!!!

No they didnt

Who did they pick up?

Elevate lost their goalie, their two best middies, and their best defender

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it!!!

No they didnt
[/quote]

Elevate lost their goalie, their two best middies, and their best defender[/quote]

Yes..Elevate lost a few players.
The objection was to the fake news being spread by the self promoting Super Fan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they go?

Goalie and a mid promised a spot on Kildare before tryouts. Two defenders to jesters. A middie to liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That top guns team got one good kid this year… a draw girl but the team can’t survive on one strong player. Weak defense and a weak attack with a normal skilled keeper

TG picked up another goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s cute Kildare is promising new kids spots. Basically tells you YJ has their mind made up before kids step on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s scary is your talking about a D team lol if your kid is on the D team , it might be time to move on and stop giving away all your money to YJ

Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard