BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaney not going to keep his roster that size this coming season. Some of the “AA” players will move to the B team. While some of the B players will move to the C team. The C team will have there own coaching staff.

Sounds Perfect!! I love CoachC and Express

That leaves plenty of room for his holdback kids which is in the works .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaney not going to keep his roster that size this coming season. Some of the “AA” players will move to the B team. While some of the B players will move to the C team. The C team will have there own coaching staff.

Clueless. He doesn't need holdbacks.
He beats you with on age kids. All. Of. The. Time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*assume this is a troll and not a '26 LIE parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks are coming to Express 26 and all of us parents know it. I feel bad for some of the on age kids because the couple of kids that are dropping down are very good and the on age kids cannot compete with them. Sounds like the exact same thing is going on at 91. It is a shame but it is the nature of the beast. If you think it is not going to happen you have your head in the sand because it happens every year, especially the year after the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks are coming to Express 26 and all of us parents know it. I feel bad for some of the on age kids because the couple of kids that are dropping down are very good and the on age kids cannot compete with them. Sounds like the exact same thing is going on at 91. It is a shame but it is the nature of the beast. If you think it is not going to happen you have your head in the sand because it happens every year, especially the year after the WSYL.

holdbacks are more the norm now, not the exceptions. It’s too bad, but it’s the reality. Becoming even more of an elite sport! Sad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
COVID made holdbacks inevitable. I agree about it becoming more of an elite sport. Regular parents who can’t afford private school or a PG year are heading up the creek without a paddle. Not sure it will even matter if your kid is great on age. Unfortunate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 Express Chaney has enough talented players less the World Series group and field another team to be one of the top 5 teams on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dreaming, the second team never did that well, was a decent B team but only reason why won some games was that they would mix in some AA players.
2026 Express Chaney has enough talented players less the World Series group and field another team to be one of the top 5 teams on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dreaming, the second team never did that well, was a decent B team but only reason why won some games was that they would mix in some AA players.

B team parents are dreaming again . You are still second fiddle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you take away 2025 LIE’s best 15 players, you have a decent A team but no shot that will have a chance beating a top 5 team. No shot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of kids on the WSYL roster are going to be moved down to the B team so I agree that they should be very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of kids on the WSYL roster are going to be moved down to the B team so I agree that they should be very good.

Why would they move down? No need to. All tournaments are grade based with no restrictions on roster size. This time of year Express B team parents have high hopes. Go back and read last years predictions. Enjoy the drive to Delaware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typo: 2026

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they move down? No need to. All tournaments are grade based with no restrictions on roster size. This time of year Express B team parents have high hopes. Go back and read last years predictions. Enjoy the drive to Delaware.

Express 2026 CoachC is getting a handful of re-classed players. They are going to displace a handful of current 2026 players. They either go down or move on. Not a hard concept. 91 is doing the same thing. Nothing to do with B team parents. It has to do with 2025 kids moving down and taking spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express 2026 CoachC is getting a handful of re-classed players. They are going to displace a handful of current 2026 players. They either go down or move on. Not a hard concept. 91 is doing the same thing. Nothing to do with B team parents. It has to do with 2025 kids moving down and taking spots.

Sounds like it’s time to move on to me .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For S2S - is the Raiders or Barracudas the A team and which is the B team. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought LI didnt do holdbacks??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Concerned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. LIE kids fight for their spots every practice. The competition is part of what keeps this team great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. LIE kids fight for their spots every practice. The competition is part of what keeps this team great.

I guess the influx of reclassed kids will make it even greater! Reclass is going to take over LI, the same way it has in MD and other places. It’s unfortunate but true. Now LI kids want the same advantages reclassify gets you and they need to compete for college spots with the kids that do it and have been doing it. No matter what anyone says… it gives the kid an advantage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree but at what point do you throw your hands up and say nature can't compete with a 10th grader coming down to an 8th grade team? Express C is the legit team but now where do the regular kids get a chance? Here's an even better question how do I get my kid to do another year of school? Obviously if I'm asking how this is done nobody has asked my son to do this but what is the process?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, I’m not sure if holding back would help a regular kid with the recruiting process. Just my thoughts, and I could be wrong. Maybe someone a little more versed in the recruiting process could weigh in here. I guess it depends on your ultimate goal.

But to repeat a grade, you send your kid to private school. For example, go to public for 8th and then private for 8th again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to this forum.... I can't believe the [ChillLaxin] I'm reading here. Holding back 8th graders??? or any grade for that matter... you people need your head examined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 kids from Coach C 2025 going to the 2026 team. All 3 of the kids are actual 2026 students and were playing up a year. They aren't recalls kids and will now play with the team that they would've graduated with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to this forum.... I can't believe the [ChillLaxin] I'm reading here. Holding back 8th graders??? or any grade for that matter... you people need your head examined.

You seriously don’t see this happening more and more!? It may be crazy, but if the goal is to play in college and get heavily recruited, it’s going to happen. There is an advantage to it. I agree not fair and rules should be changed. But, in the meantime there is an advantage and as long as it is allowed and widely accepted, it’s going to happen more and more. If you thought your kid had a better chance at getting into a college he wouldn’t be able to without lacrosse by doing this… you wouldn’t think about it?! FYI , it happens in other sports as well! You don’t think an extra year or two of growing and training doesn’t get you better , you’re crazy! If it’s not fair, rules should be changed for club stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 kids from Coach C 2025 going to the 2026 team. All 3 of the kids are actual 2026 students and were playing up a year. They aren't recalls kids and will now play with the team that they would've graduated with.

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seriously don’t see this happening more and more!? It may be crazy, but if the goal is to play in college and get heavily recruited, it’s going to happen. There is an advantage to it. I agree not fair and rules should be changed. But, in the meantime there is an advantage and as long as it is allowed and widely accepted, it’s going to happen more and more. If you thought your kid had a better chance at getting into a college he wouldn’t be able to without lacrosse by doing this… you wouldn’t think about it?! FYI , it happens in other sports as well! You don’t think an extra year or two of growing and training doesn’t get you better , you’re crazy! If it’s not fair, rules should be changed for club stuff.

I agree. Of the top 10 recruits in the country for 2022, 9 out of 10 were holdbacks. The number one recruit (from Long Island) will be 19 when he enters college in the fall of 2022. Us long islanders need to stop crying about holdbacks in other states. It’s alive and well here and will only continue to increase. Is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not true.

Which part?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS. It’s known that boys are repeating the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Of the top 10 recruits in the country for 2022, 9 out of 10 were holdbacks. The number one recruit (from Long Island) will be 19 when he enters college in the fall of 2022. Us long islanders need to stop crying about holdbacks in other states. It’s alive and well here and will only continue to increase. Is what it is.

“Us long Islanders”… you’re not from Long Island. Good try though. As if you were able to figure out all of their birthdates and whether they were actually held back a grade of school. lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Us long Islanders”… you’re not from Long Island. Good try though. As if you were able to figure out all of their birthdates and whether they were actually held back a grade of school. lost

Will the LI kid (#1 recruit) be 19 when he starts college? True or false? If true, you usually aren’t 19 when you leave HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Concerned?

Yes, the the Express dads that spend the summer whining about other teams they think are using holdbacks. What will they complain about now? Too Tall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not true.

What is not true? 3 kids that played 2025 are not playing 2026, or they arent 2026 age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the LI kid (#1 recruit) be 19 when he starts college? True or false? If true, you usually aren’t 19 when you leave HS

Inside Lacrosse posted all of the birth months and years when they posted the top 10 or 20 kids in the class of 2022 - https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/recruiting-il-s-top-10-juniors-in-the-class-of-2022/56818

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, it looks to be the top 10 - 2022 recruits are all ‘03 birth years with the exception of 1 who’s is an ‘04.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, it looks to be the top 10 - 2022 recruits are all ‘03 birth years with the exception of 1 who’s is an ‘04.

The US Lacrosse age segmentation cutoff would have been 9/1/2003.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New top 10 rankings considering new adds, including holdback additions, and summer scores, Sweetlax, Express, Tigers, Towermen, Blackops, Hawks, Stealth, LXC, Madlax, 91 LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 04 is the youngest. However there is an 02.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The US Lacrosse age segmentation cutoff would have been 9/1/2003.

There's no year given in that article, just a month and a date, could have been born in any year.

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard