BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 112 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who do we think had the best offseason changes?

I think Heros. Prob added three that can get into their rotation.

Is it enough to beat M&D? I think so, regardless they will continue to play tight.

I keep hearing Pride added some talent, they were solid as is, wonder if it moves them over BLC?
Good luck at Heros.

Disgruntled ex-Heros parent? Lol. The team is good. Girls all like each other, parents like each other, all girls see playing time. Much better than can be said about some teams this age.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it enough to beat M&D? I think so, regardless they will continue to play tight.

I keep hearing Pride added some talent, they were solid as is, wonder if it moves them over BLC?
Good luck at Heros.

My kid isn’t on Heros, but not sure why it’s a shock they got better given they added an M&D black and BLC player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck at Heros.

My kid isn’t on Heros, but not sure why it’s a shock they got better given they added an M&D black and BLC player.

But Heros didn't get rid of the lil annoying bald dad who rips kids all game. Him and his lil minion are so disillusioned it's actually hilarious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
neither of the players Heros has added are starters. They may have done well at tryouts but how will they play. Will the new players
connect with the team considering they were all rivals at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
neither of the players Heros has added are starters. They may have done well at tryouts but how will they play. Will the new players

They are 12 year old girls, I think they will not hold a grudge because they played head to head a few times.

The BLC addition is going to make an impact for Heros.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 12 year old girls, I think they will not hold a grudge because they played head to head a few times.

The BLC addition is going to make an impact for Heros.

Agreed. Most of these girls are friends with the girls on other teams. Even M&D and Heros girls talk off the field constantly. I don’t think being from a rival team will be a detriment at all.

All 3 of the new girls will be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. My daughter’s favorite part about Camps is getting to play with girls from other teams. She also remains friends with the few girls that have left her team for other teams. My wife and I stress the importance of making friendships and life lessons learned through sports. The act of playing the sport could end at anytime for a variety of reasons but the lessons learned and friends can last a lifetime. Now that being said we teach our kids to always give 110% and be humble. We love this lacrosse community even though everyone has a different team they secretly like to beat. That’s just fun competition. Stay safe everyone and see you all in the Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. My daughter’s favorite part about Camps is getting to play with girls from other teams. She also remains friends with the few girls that have left her team for other teams. My wife and I stress the importance of making friendships and life lessons learned through sports. The act of playing the sport could end at anytime for a variety of reasons but the lessons learned and friends can last a lifetime. Now that being said we teach our kids to always give 110% and be humble. We love this lacrosse community even though everyone has a different team they secretly like to beat. That’s just fun competition. Stay safe everyone and see you all in the Fall.

Well said.

I gotta say, I think 2027 (midatlantic) has an unusual amount of talent. Just a lot of great teams and great players, time will tell I suppose.
Looking forward to seeing them all take the next step in 2021-2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams have the best players in the '27 class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams have the best players in the '27 class?
I’d say it starts with M&D and Heros but nearly all the NGLL teams have a few great players, NEMS, Pride, LBC, MDU, Coppermine all have a few star players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If all that seems to have happened is final, I assume the new rankings are:

1 Heros Green - Major pickups, swaps with M&D
2 M&D - Already a powerhouse - No major pickups
3 NEMs - A few strong additions vault them to top 3
4 MU - Always solid, will compete
5 BLC - Lost ground based on lost players and no significant additions
6 Coppermine - Remains slightly competitive, and better than the remaining teams
7+ The rest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 Coppermine - Remains slightly competitive, and better than the remaining teams
7+ The rest

Where did NEMS additions come from to vault them to top-3?
Can’t really argue with rest, but I hear Pride added some talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7+ The rest

More like.......

1 Heros Green
2 M&D
3 Pride
4 NEMS
5 MU
6BLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7+ The rest

More like.......

1 Heros Green
2 M&D
3 Pride
4 NEMS
5 MU
6BLC

I think LBC is getting slept on a little bit. I am not sure they lost too much talent and they are solid. 3-6 is really interchangeable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree LBC beat both Pride and MDU in the NGLL and the summer. They also lost to Hero's Green by one in a full game this summer and tied Yellow Jackets at Mid Atlantic. They ended up losing in overtime. Not sure if they lost any players during tryouts or if they got any new players. But they have earned a spot in the top five.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a Coppermine parent that can explain their summer scores?

They beat YJ A team 6-5 in June, then lose to them 1-10 in July?

They beat LBC 12-3 in April then lose to them 5-7 in June?

Its like in NGLL and Live Lax Love they were very good, in Impulse, Lax for Cure, Midatlantic, a shell of that team.

I would assume injuries but the timeline doesn't really back that up.

I'm not sure where to put them to be honest, obviously they have some good players but you beat a 6-18-1 CT Grizzles team by 1 goal, its not saying much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its like in NGLL and Live Lax Love they were very good, in Impulse, Lax for Cure, Midatlantic, a shell of that team.

I'm not sure where to put them to be honest, obviously they have some good players but you beat a 6-18-1 CT Grizzles team by 1 goal, its not saying much.
Focusing way too much on scores. There could be many reasons for the back and forth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Focusing way too much on scores. There could be many reasons for the back and forth.

Scores tell a story, that is an extreme score diff. I don't think another team has had such up and down games against the same opponent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scores tell a story, that is an extreme score diff. I don't think another team has had such up and down games against the same opponent.
I don't know why you think there would be any consistency at this age. At the end of the day, scores do not matter and you will eventually realize that College coaches in NO WAY look at a score of a game- they look at the player(s) in the game. THAT is whats important. NOT the score

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why you think there would be any consistency at this age. At the end of the day, scores do not matter and you will eventually realize that College coaches in NO WAY look at a score of a game- they look at the player(s) in the game. THAT is whats important. NOT the score

Because there is consistently in most cases, but thanks for your completely worthless reply.

Who is talking about recruiting? It’s rising 7th graders Buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And dads like you need wins and your daughters goals to brag about over beers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there is consistently in most cases, but thanks for your completely worthless reply.

^ wow, you're a pleasant person. How is the reply worthless may i ask? Or do i not need nor want to hear your pleasant response?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not about 7th graders getting recruited. Since you think this was such a "worthless reply"....it's about REALIZING that EVENTUALLY scores DO NOT matter. Do you understand the reply now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am friends with many people whom daughters play at Coppermine. They have a lot of talented girls and great coaches. They can play as well as anyone or can lose badly to good teams. They do beat the teams they should beat though. Their summer loses had nothing to do with injuries but rather just poor execution on the field. They loss majority of the draws, attack was a little small & slow moving the ball and defense played majority of plays. I understand they only loss one midfielder to NEMS but picked up four very strong (stronger than they lost I heard but she was quick & aggressive) players that should really help them this year. Not sure it midfielders or attack though. I still think they will be behind Hero’s and M&D but I won’t sleep on them during any game. They should compete for 2nd in either Division they are in with NEMS, Pride, MDU, BLC or LBC. Honestly all the Mid-Atlantic NGLL teams are good. We have to remember they are all only 12/13 for the most part so a lot can change from year to year. Wouldn’t be surprised to she some girls start developing into better stronger players as they hit their growth spurts. Good luck to all this year. Hope this answers anyone’s questions in a friendly manner. Feel free to correct me if I was misinformed on anything I have been told.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not about 7th graders getting recruited. Since you think this was such a "worthless reply"....it's about REALIZING that EVENTUALLY scores DO NOT matter. Do you understand the reply now?

I mean scores don't matter in regards to what? Coaches looking at recruits? Agree.
Do scores matter for rankings? Of course.
Do rankings matter to attract and retain talent? For most, yes.
Do scores and rankings matter to determine what tournaments you play in and what divisions you are seeded in? Of course.

Lets not pretend like teams that go 4-14 are able to get the same talent or have the same talent as the 16-4 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am friends with many people whom daughters play at Coppermine. They have a lot of talented girls and great coaches. They can play as well as anyone or can lose badly to good teams. They do beat the teams they should beat though. Their summer loses had nothing to do with injuries but rather just poor execution on the field. They loss majority of the draws, attack was a little small & slow moving the ball and defense played majority of plays. I understand they only loss one midfielder to NEMS but picked up four very strong (stronger than they lost I heard but she was quick & aggressive) players that should really help them this year. Not sure it midfielders or attack though. I still think they will be behind Hero’s and M&D but I won’t sleep on them during any game. They should compete for 2nd in either Division they are in with NEMS, Pride, MDU, BLC or LBC. Honestly all the Mid-Atlantic NGLL teams are good. We have to remember they are all only 12/13 for the most part so a lot can change from year to year. Wouldn’t be surprised to she some girls start developing into better stronger players as they hit their growth spurts. Good luck to all this year. Hope this answers anyone’s questions in a friendly manner. Feel free to correct me if I was misinformed on anything I have been told.

Great reply, informative and not snarky at all.

Agree with the assessment that majority of NGLL A teams are good in their own right.

I do wonder where those 4 Coppermine additions come, I assume not REC, which means other clubs lost some talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great reply, informative and not snarky at all.

Agree with the assessment that majority of NGLL A teams are good in their own right.

I do wonder where those 4 Coppermine additions come, I assume not REC, which means other clubs lost some talent.

At least 2 are from FCA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????
You're all talking like these girls are semi-pro athletes.
Yes, there can be girls out there who aren't on club yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

"very strong players", I'm not sure how you determine that if they have not played beyond rec level? Not to say that they can't be, just how would one know based on competition or lack there of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

"very strong players", I'm not sure how you determine that if they have not played beyond rec level? Not to say that they can't be, just how would one know based on competition or lack there of?

When those top rec kids tryout and dominate during the club team tryouts, you know you've found a good one.
Quite possible. Saw it happen on the boys level with the 27s this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

When those top rec kids tryout and dominate during the club team tryouts, you know you've found a good one.

That is very RARE and probably unlikely at 7th grade, its more likely that someone moved from out of town. if there was a "very strong player" at Rec in 6th grade (especially after going through COVID) who came in and dominated a tryout, that says they went to a team at the lower end of the rankings. I can't see a rec player at this age coming in and dominating at a top 5 team's tryout. I would not refer to them as a "Very Strong Player", i would just call them a "good or capable player" ... i am calling BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

That is very RARE and probably unlikely at 7th grade, its more likely that someone moved from out of town. if there was a "very strong player" at Rec in 6th grade (especially after going through COVID) who came in and dominated a tryout, that says they went to a team at the lower end of the rankings. I can't see a rec player at this age coming in and dominating at a top 5 team's tryout. I would not refer to them as a "Very Strong Player", i would just call them a "good or capable player" ... i am calling BS
Why are you so offended by this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can think of a few great teams that stayed together late. Yeah they broke up but there were still 7th graders that stayed. You must not be from Baltimore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

Totally agree. You'd need a kid who has never played club and only played 12 weeks of lacrosse (Rec) in 2 1/2 years (with COVID wiping out Rec 2020). How could a kid dominant? Maybe its a freak athlete that is busy with other sports and not lacrosse but is so above athletically they just dominant club players? If this is the case, your team won the lottery.

I mean rec players aren't hitting the bounce back in October, or playing indoor or doing any of the other things that these club players do year round.

We've had one non club kid make our team in three years, she is now one of our top players, but that was after two years of catching up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can think of a few great teams that stayed together late. Yeah they broke up but there were still 7th graders that stayed. You must not be from Baltimore.

What is this comment in reference to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

Why not Rec????

Dp, but your ‘27 must be your oldest. You are talking about kids who have not yet completed puberty. Some current stars will fade, and some kids who are just picking up sticks for the first time in middle school will be stars. Athletic kids coming from other sports can get up to speed pretty quickly. Coaches are often better judges of athleticism and potential than parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a youth fall and winter indoor league at NERRC! And there are such things as backyards and street kids.
Great athletes are born, not made SuperDad! Not everyone is interested in shoving their kids into private training in seventh grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

Totally agree. You'd need a kid who has never played club and only played 12 weeks of lacrosse (Rec) in 2 1/2 years (with COVID wiping out Rec 2020). How could a kid dominant? Maybe its a freak athlete that is busy with other sports and not lacrosse but is so above athletically they just dominant club players? If this is the case, your team won the lottery.

I mean rec players aren't hitting the bounce back in October, or playing indoor or doing any of the other things that these club players do year round.

We've had one non club kid make our team in three years, she is now one of our top players, but that was after two years of catching up.

You sound scared Dad. We’re coming for your daughters spot! Just watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not Rec????

You sound scared Dad. We’re coming for your daughters spot! Just watch!

Ok Rec dad that kid has yet to play a club game, I’m sure she’ll dominant because of your superior genes. How hard can lacrosse be right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had something like this happen last year but it was definitely not common. The girl had been playing up 2 years with her sister for the past few years on in rec. multi sport athlete. No one knew she existed because she was just an above average rec player at that age. When her dad moved her back to her class she was so used to playing with older girls that she was the best player out there. She played basketball and soccer too. Great stick. But likely the exception, not the rule.

Page 11 of 112 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard