BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ will not cut kids. Shuffle them around and make a E team maybe, but cut… please. Too greedy to cut and that is what the brand has become. Juggernaut of greed.

Seems to be the message for this year though

Totally all about $. No practices but lots of $ for training options. It's changed. Kind of sad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter has played for these three coaches for years ! All three are class acts , they treat the girls with respect and dignity, there is no belittling or berating. They actually coach the girls up and continue to fix and tweak what needs addressing. Yes , a few girls left to pursue soccer, and a few were moved to the B or C team. That’s travel lacrosse , it happens everywhere. All three coaches are high school coaches and two of them are former college players , what else could you want ? Disgruntled parents are also part of travel lacrosse unfortunately, loyalty and honesty are unfortunately not . My family feels very fortunate to have these three coaches as a role model for my daughter .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter has played for these three coaches for years ! All three are class acts , they treat the girls with respect and dignity, there is no belittling or berating. They actually coach the girls up and continue to fix and tweak what needs addressing. Yes , a few girls left to pursue soccer, and a few were moved to the B or C team. That’s travel lacrosse , it happens everywhere. All three coaches are high school coaches and two of them are former college players , what else could you want ? Disgruntled parents are also part of travel lacrosse unfortunately, loyalty and honesty are unfortunately not . My family feels very fortunate to have these three coaches as a role model for my daughter .

This is a joke right? You have this coaches wife publicly announce herself and the stream of posts at the same time sayin the same thing. Do you think we’re all stunads? Clearly mommy and daddy found these posts and pulled the family and friends deal to get a few reviews. I HOPE the parents of kids who left hop on here and say what they’re saying to the rest of the lacrosse community because they didn’t leave for soccer. They left because the coaching was horrific. They left because there are A players playing on a B team to get away from those coaches. My daughter played for Pirozzi on jackets and it was a horrible experience. She was fired. You should have seen the nastiness produced by that family. Completely toxic and still is. So whoever you got to stick up for you, make sure you play their kid a little extra because you sure won’t get it from many others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“A” players playing on “B” ?? More like “B” players playing at the appropriate level , sounds like your kid was not getting playing time at YJ and your still sour 😂
You seem to think you know an awful lot about a program your doesn’t even play for , doesn’t seem pathetic at all .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“A” players playing on “B” ?? More like “B” players playing at the appropriate level , sounds like your kid was not getting playing time at YJ and your still sour 😂
You seem to think you know an awful lot about a program your doesn’t even play for , doesn’t seem pathetic at all .

Bandits was a joke … 91 was on the brink of one and they just went way over the edge. Good luck with these crazies

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits was a joke … 91 was on the brink of one and they just went way over the edge. Good luck with these crazies

What’s the joke is to following abs commenting on teams your daughter doesn’t play on. Someone needs a hobby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s the joke is to following abs commenting on teams your daughter doesn’t play on. Someone needs a hobby!

You’re clearly new here. This website is all about people talking about different teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't be shy, drop your name coachys wife did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits was a joke … 91 was on the brink of one and they just went way over the edge. Good luck with these crazies[/quote]

Wow, must’ve been an ugly divorce between 91 and Tilts. It’s been Harsh words for a few weeks and going strong. Seems like 91 coaches are being personally attacked and now they are attempting to defend themselves.

When you say “91 was on the brink of one and they just went way over the edge….”
Can you be more specific? What happened and what are you alluding to? I think this is the question many would like to know. Was this prior to the new coaches taking over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, must’ve been an ugly divorce between 91 and Tilts. It’s been Harsh words for a few weeks and going strong. Seems like 91 coaches are being personally attacked and now they are attempting to defend themselves.

When you say “91 was on the brink of one and they just went way over the edge….”
Can you be more specific? What happened and what are you alluding to? I think this is the question many would like to know. Was this prior to the new coaches taking over?[/quote]

I think Tilts and 91 are fine. She still tags them in videos of kids she trains from the program and has been positive about them on social media.

I think that when she left , news hit and it drew more attention to the club because she is heavily involved in training a lot of players and her name is familiar. Knowing that different coaches are with 91 after her departure it seems their names are just more public now because Tilts shift in teams drew attention to coaches that are still with the program. Being a coach that is a known name where she coaches and why is very public. Her quitting made the whole situation more public than if any joe shmow quit.

Our family has worked with Tilts and she was always awesome great energy and passion. I don’t know the other coaches and have nothing negative to say about them. It’s sad that she felt she needed to leave but our family understood. She will be missed but the kids are almost done so they should hopefully be ok.

Not the original poster but here is my two sense. 91 has always been a very strong boy program trying to defend the girls. They have gotten kids a recruited to lower level schools but it was never been at the top of the pecking order for Long Island lax. Bandits has always been a bottom ranked organization. 91 combining with them as partners makes me skeptical on what was happening internally at 91 that they felt the need to merge with a lower level club.

It’s just lacrosse. Coaches wives publicly getting involved is bad press for the club and for those coaches. I don’t have any bad experiences with them but it is a bit concerning that is the partner of my daughters future mentor who came on here and acted this way.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you be more specific? What happened and what are you alluding to? I think this is the question many would like to know. Was this prior to the new coaches taking over?[/quote]

91 has been, and always will be a low-level team. My daughter actually played there when she was younger, and it is a disaster. Do not do it! Stay away if you are actually hoping your daughter can eventually play lacrosse at a good college. We left early and never looked back!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will not cut kids. Shuffle them around and make a E team maybe, but cut… please. Too greedy to cut and that is what the brand has become. Juggernaut of greed.

Seems to be the message for this year though

Have other YJ coaches other than Alyssa said anything about cuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you be more specific? What happened and what are you alluding to? I think this is the question many would like to know. Was this prior to the new coaches taking over?

91 has been, and always will be a low-level team. My daughter actually played there when she was younger, and it is a disaster. Do not do it! Stay away if you are actually hoping your daughter can eventually play lacrosse at a good college. We left early and never looked back![/quote]

What made it a disaster ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 has been, and always will be a low-level team. My daughter actually played there when she was younger, and it is a disaster. Do not do it! Stay away if you are actually hoping your daughter can eventually play lacrosse at a good college. We left early and never looked back!

What made it a disaster ?[/quote]

* They do poor tournaments and play in weak divisions
* They have many girls who can’t even catch and throw
* They try to market, and charge$ following the 91 brand piggybacking on the boys success. Not the same conversation.
* They have folded many teams and combined with YJ. The majority of the girls disappeared.
* They have never recruited any girls to top college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What made it a disaster ?[/quote]

I think there’s a lot more to the story that isn’t being told.
Why did all of the better players stay with 91 2024?
It’s true that 91 had some nice families last year but their performance on the field was on the lower level.
I wish everyone well but the bashing that is going on here is out of control. Seems like somebody is trying to settle a score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What too recruiting fall tournaments are 24s going to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone get tilts off the chat

91 coaches still on here trying to make it seem like Tilts is the enemy what they don’t realize is she trains kids from every single club and most of those clubs laugh in 91s face for thinking they’re a good girls club…. You lost an asset get over it there’s a reason the chick has a steady stream of kids coming to her. Maybe focus more on the girls side and less on having your workers troll the internet

Nothing ever nice is said on here other the how great tilts is. Haven’t seen much of anyone bashing her on here. That being said 91 will be just fine they have some very good players.

Seems like the kids she trains love her, the parents love her and Jesters are lucky to get her for their 24s. Good luck to her and her new team. It’s a Win, win

What happened between 91 and this Jesters assistant coach? And why is she on here defending her reputation?

Seems ugly, just want to know the scoop for the sake of the kids.

No, you just want to know because you are a pathetic troll. You need to have more in your life than kids sports. Pretty sad.

Sounds like a clash of immovable forces that ended badly for at least one of them.

Is this what youth sports has become?

Families pay a lot of money and have to deal with either self serving parent coaches or non-parent coaches who use playing time/roster sports as leverage to force you to hire them as trainers.
This is a tremendous conflict of interest.
Sadly, this is many clubs in most team sports.
When this dynamic exists it creates a circus that is unhealthy for the young athletes.

Either way, the back and forth mud slinging between combatants while showing support for themselves by telling stories via the perspective of a parent is a ruse.
Entertaining for sure but fake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Someone get tilts off the chat

91 coaches still on here trying to make it seem like Tilts is the enemy what they don’t realize is she trains kids from every single club and most of those clubs laugh in 91s face for thinking they’re a good girls club…. You lost an asset get over it there’s a reason the chick has a steady stream of kids coming to her. Maybe focus more on the girls side and less on having your workers troll the internet

Nothing ever nice is said on here other the how great tilts is. Haven’t seen much of anyone bashing her on here. That being said 91 will be just fine they have some very good players.

Seems like the kids she trains love her, the parents love her and Jesters are lucky to get her for their 24s. Good luck to her and her new team. It’s a Win, win

No, you just want to know because you are a pathetic troll. You need to have more in your life than kids sports. Pretty sad.

Sounds like a clash of immovable forces that ended badly for at least one of them.

Is this what youth sports has become?

Families pay a lot of money and have to deal with either self serving parent coaches or non-parent coaches who use playing time/roster sports as leverage to force you to hire them as trainers.
This is a tremendous conflict of interest.
Sadly, this is many clubs in most team sports.
When this dynamic exists it creates a circus that is unhealthy for the young athletes.

Either way, the back and forth mud slinging between combatants while showing support for themselves by telling stories via the perspective of a parent is a ruse.
Entertaining for sure but fake.

I'm one of the parents who wrote about Tilts. No way to prove it short of putting my name out there, which I won't do to spare my daughter from the embarrassment of her dad writing on here. She really is fantastic. I don't know about any other coaches and have no gain by badmouthing them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

* They try to market, and charge$ following the 91 brand piggybacking on the boys success. Not the same conversation.
* They have folded many teams and combined with YJ. The majority of the girls disappeared.
* They have never recruited any girls to top college programs.[/quote]

The exception here is stony brook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

* They have never recruited any girls to top college programs.

The exception here is stony brook[/quote]

Also a clear change in the program circa 18 months ago. Not sure helps for 2024s but the younger age groups are going to be very strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What too recruiting fall tournaments are 24s going to?

Bump

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive here is that if this Perozzi chick really is that bad she publically got called out for it and will likely try an do the exact opposite now that people blew up her spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty seems to have taken a lot of new players. Anyone have any idea how many are rostered now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive here is that if this Perozzi chick really is that bad she publically got called out for it and will likely try an do the exact opposite now that people blew up her spot.

We get it your daughter didn’t play move on already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it your daughter didn’t play move on already!

This is funny. She did play actually, she just hated one of her coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty seems to have taken a lot of new players. Anyone have any idea how many are rostered now?

A lot of programs seemed to really shift their top teams. If you think about it elevate lost at least 6, 91 crossfire became the A team with a few bandits kids, liberty took a bunch of new kids, top guns lost 5-6 to other programs, Jackets are stating big cuts this year yet Kildare already promised a goalie and field player a spot on their team. Not sure what happened with legacy, recon, or jesters but I’m assuming if every other club had big shifts that means some of those players may have shown up to those tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 91 A team got rid of the deadwood and added a few actual descent players ? Any truth to this ? Or was your kid one of the kids let go and your still bitter ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Jesters kids left the program , Recon is in shambles , Recon program is extremely weak, the kids with any type of talent are looking elsewhere. YJ has four teams in this age group , they could easily just combine the actual good players and have a A, B ,C half of these kids don’t play anyway. 91 team kept the core group and added a few Crossfire kids . Haven’t heard much on the legacy front, assuming smooth sailing in legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 91 A team got rid of the deadwood and added a few actual descent players ? Any truth to this ? Or was your kid one of the kids let go and your still bitter ?

I think they only got rid of 4 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Jesters kids left the program , Recon is in shambles , Recon program is extremely weak, the kids with any type of talent are looking elsewhere. YJ has four teams in this age group , they could easily just combine the actual good players and have a A, B ,C half of these kids don’t play anyway. 91 team kept the core group and added a few Crossfire kids . Haven’t heard much on the legacy front, assuming smooth sailing in legacy

The jesters kids that left were b and c players or kids who were cut from a. Kids on AA were cut for new talent that tried out. Recon will likely fall apart. The A team for 91 is the crossfire roster with 5 kids cut and 5-6 bandits players according to a friend on the team. Legacy wanted a b team but it didn’t seem to workout and 91s c team fell apart. Elevate is going downhill quickly. Not sure if yellow jackets politics will allow a change to be made. Did Recon fold yet? What about flg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jesters kids that left were b and c players or kids who were cut from a. Kids on AA were cut for new talent that tried out. Recon will likely fall apart. The A team for 91 is the crossfire roster with 5 kids cut and 5-6 bandits players according to a friend on the team. Legacy wanted a b team but it didn’t seem to workout and 91s c team fell apart. Elevate is going downhill quickly. Not sure if yellow jackets politics will allow a change to be made. Did Recon fold yet? What about flg?

Not many left flg that I know of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a shame when politics get in the way . Heard Liberty made a lot of additions- some surprising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a shame when politics get in the way . Heard Liberty made a lot of additions- some surprising.

Not sure all of their pick ups were smart choices

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re:2024- YJ, A and B seem to play at a higher level. A was 6th amd B at 15th. C has some good players but maybe the forgotten child. Have heard of roving eyes by some of the players. 1 or 2 moving to a new org and not sure about the rest. There was surely a lot of kicking of tires. Despite being ranked in top 40, it’s tough being the 3rd team. And don’t forget D. Tryouts should be interesting as always but surely they have the teams picked already.
Legacy and Liberty seem to play at a second tier and both rank between 20 and 30. Liberty has added at least one or two players from other top 50 teams.
Despite historically being a competitive org, Top Guns(2024) is struggling. Maybe a change at the top will stop the bleeding. Rumors of several players moving on but maybe at least one from YJ. B or C.
Elevate was 51 but may have lost a few more decent players. Seems like a trend for 2024 the last 2 years after having pretty good team at one point.

As far as the rest, …Big Drop off and last year they all seemed to play or be ranked all as lower level teams. No significant additions but maybe some juggling of a few players.
91 was lower ranked at 116 but kept all of its top players while merging with bandits so maybe they surprise? A lot has been written about the past and present problems over there so we will see.

I’ve heard of a few of these clubs struggling and adding new coaches to stop the bleeding. But, It could be like putting lipstick on a pig ? Maybe one or two orgs having significant problems with 2024. Maybe a brand new start up forming as another option? We will see.

All of these clubs(top to bottom) have warts and have heard a steady flow of complaints. Bottom line is coaching and training is probably most important. Your kid needs game reps to get better and also be seen. No fun playing in a toxic environment or sitting on the bench!! But you don’t want to join a ramshackle club that takes your money but doesn’t practice or has issues at the top. Stay away from parent coaches and bad politics. You need a coach that is going to advocate for your daughter and not just worry about themselves. Sadly, Sometimes you don’t know til you get there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good points. In such an important year, seems you might be better off with the smaller organization where the director can vouch for your kid than the one that may not even know who your kid is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re:2024- YJ, A and B seem to play at a higher level. A was 6th amd B at 15th. C has some good players but maybe the forgotten child. Have heard of roving eyes by some of the players. 1 or 2 moving to a new org and not sure about the rest. There was surely a lot of kicking of tires. Despite being ranked in top 40, it’s tough being the 3rd team. And don’t forget D. Tryouts should be interesting as always but surely they have the teams picked already.
Legacy and Liberty seem to play at a second tier and both rank between 20 and 30. Liberty has added at least one or two players from other top 50 teams.
Despite historically being a competitive org, Top Guns(2024) is struggling. Maybe a change at the top will stop the bleeding. Rumors of several players moving on but maybe at least one from YJ. B or C.
Elevate was 51 but may have lost a few more decent players. Seems like a trend for 2024 the last 2 years after having pretty good team at one point.

As far as the rest, …Big Drop off and last year they all seemed to play or be ranked all as lower level teams. No significant additions but maybe some juggling of a few players.
91 was lower ranked at 116 but kept all of its top players while merging with bandits so maybe they surprise? A lot has been written about the past and present problems over there so we will see.

I’ve heard of a few of these clubs struggling and adding new coaches to stop the bleeding. But, It could be like putting lipstick on a pig ? Maybe one or two orgs having significant problems with 2024. Maybe a brand new start up forming as another option? We will see.

All of these clubs(top to bottom) have warts and have heard a steady flow of complaints. Bottom line is coaching and training is probably most important. Your kid needs game reps to get better and also be seen. No fun playing in a toxic environment or sitting on the bench!! But you don’t want to join a ramshackle club that takes your money but doesn’t practice or has issues at the top. Stay away from parent coaches and bad politics. You need a coach that is going to advocate for your daughter and not just worry about themselves. Sadly, Sometimes you don’t know til you get there.

Not many clubs give fair playing time anymore, especially if the coaches child is on the team. Let’s be very honest here that the only reason they’re coaching is to get their kid the upper hand. Don’t think for one second that those coaches won’t put their kid ahead of everyone else’s when recruiting madras kicks in.

91s crossfire team was a solid low A high B team in tournaments. With so many kids running from the program the last few years, it’s a wonder they even still had a team last year. They pulled it off well for the cards they were given. A few of those bandits players were decent, but why would the coaches get rid of almost their entire A bandits roster ?

I think FLG only lost a few. They also absorbed blue devils so that will give them some numbers. Seems a lot of the smaller clubs are being eaten up by the “bigger” yet failing clubs.

Liberty made some shocking choices in new kids they picked up. Team is likely much weaker this year. Jesters picked up some top kids from other programs which led them to have to cut some weaker ones from last years roster.

Top guns made a lot of roster changes, but I don’t personally think it will help them much. For the first time in many years they have a team that is quickly sinking and they’re grasping at anything to save their reputation.

Legacy seems to be the only club holding steady right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Bandits A team kept 8-9 top kids, dropped the rest and they also grabbed the top players from Crossfire to make a true A team. I heard some got cut and some moved to lower teams. The Bandits A team was solid in A bracket tournament play , Crossfire was also solid in B/C level tournament play but not sure how good they really were since they played in low brackets last few years . I guess we will see in the future .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now your playing on the YJ D team and never looking back or getting playing time lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Bandits A team kept 8-9 top kids, dropped the rest and they also grabbed the top players from Crossfire to make a true A team. I heard some got cut and some moved to lower teams. The Bandits A team was solid in A bracket tournament play , Crossfire was also solid in B/C level tournament play but not sure how good they really were since they played in low brackets last few years . I guess we will see in the future .

My daughter players YJ but according to a friend on the team. If you were to go back and look at the tournament brackets crossfire played A and AA all summer except for one tournament ? Bandits A played b and c? Their b team played in D. The new “A” team also has 7 bandits kids two of which are the coaches kids and the rest are crossfire. From what I was told believe 12 and some of those offered A spots chose to leave 91. Only 5 crossfire kids were not given an A spot. Again this is all coming from a parent, I’m not actually a part of the team so my info could be wrong but I was told no one from crossfire was cut out of the program. Any crossfire players no longer playing for the club chose to leave the program supposedly.

At the end of the day, no matter what kids get combined that team didn’t gain any new players from other clubs. They pulled kids from two b-c level teams. No matter what bracket they played in, neither team beat any teams worth mentioning. They both played truthfully poor teams.

Anyone whose been around the block knows that none of those kids are going to a top school wearing that jersey and playing in my lacrosse tournaments. We’ve been telling our friends there to come to YJ for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not a parent lol , you sure sound like a disgruntled parent . The Bandits A team played A bracket tournament
S all year , Crossfire played B every tournament. 11 Bandits players and 11 Crossfire players makes up the new team. I’m sure your friend ( air quotes ) will listen to your wisdom . You sure know a awful lot about a program and games they played for someone being informed by a friend . You sound completely foolish and you clearly are a disgruntled parent with a grudge .

Page 5 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard