BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not to bash them but ,,,Don’t the Rebels play in lower end tournaments?
Are they attempting to move up? Why such a big turnout? Or is somebody trying to get some free advertising on this forum?

Rebels been trolling for weeks on this Forum with propaganda on there tryouts and what the teams going to be on every age group topic. So yes trying for some free add space .

Don’t believe the Hype!!

Tryouts are over. There's probably going to be less hype now.

Nothing said was a lie or hype. Rebels are a big talk among everyone right now (at least in my area) they have good coaches, practice and play a lot. Yes there were 75+ kids at each day of tryouts for the 2027s. What that means, I don’t know- but there were.

Maybe people are simply happy and understand what they are doing in their first 3 years is unheard of. Looks like they will have 20 teams this year. My only hope as a paying customer is they don’t grow too fast, but I am not really worried. Good people at the top.

You think having 20 teams is a good thing??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to bash them but ,,,Don’t the Rebels play in lower end tournaments?
Are they attempting to move up? Why such a big turnout? Or is somebody trying to get some free advertising on this forum?

Rebels been trolling for weeks on this Forum with propaganda on there tryouts and what the teams going to be on every age group topic. So yes trying for some free add space .

Don’t believe the Hype!!

Tryouts are over. There's probably going to be less hype now.

Nothing said was a lie or hype. Rebels are a big talk among everyone right now (at least in my area) they have good coaches, practice and play a lot. Yes there were 75+ kids at each day of tryouts for the 2027s. What that means, I don’t know- but there were.

Maybe people are simply happy and understand what they are doing in their first 3 years is unheard of. Looks like they will have 20 teams this year. My only hope as a paying customer is they don’t grow too fast, but I am not really worried. Good people at the top.

You think having 20 teams is a good thing??

A better question to ask is, since most clubs use B teams as a money maker and neglect these second teams, is there going to be any change to make the second teams better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea why try out results aren't posted for 91 yet? are other clubs not posting yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea why try out results aren't posted for 91 yet? are other clubs not posting yet?

call them your a customer !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your favorite penguin (Igloo) announced they are having a WSYL only team open to kids from any and all clubs. I assume that the result of this will be other club owners forbidding players from playing outside their club or following suit. This from a program who used to advertise themselves as the "anti travel" program, no more that 22 kids and only one team per age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your favorite penguin (Igloo) announced they are having a WSYL only team open to kids from any and all clubs. I assume that the result of this will be other club owners forbidding players from playing outside their club or following suit. This from a program who used to advertise themselves as the "anti travel" program, no more that 22 kids and only one team per age group.

Got to adapt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that email. I thought there was a WSYL rule about having to have played for the organization for a period of tine? If not this really will take away the legitimacy of the WS. I usually put them on a pedestal of verifying ages etc. Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you statement. That's how Igloo used to be now; they are one of the most prominent money grab organizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that email. I thought there was a WSYL rule about having to have played for the organization for a period of tine? If not this really will take away the legitimacy of the WS. I usually put them on a pedestal of verifying ages etc. Joke

Really is a joke . Guess they don't have confidence in there 27 teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a joke now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only have to play in 2 events prior and live within 100 miles of teams home field . Probably how black ops got away with playing this year . Those kids are from multiple clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only have to play in 2 events prior and live within 100 miles of teams home field . Probably how black ops got away with playing this year . Those kids are from multiple clubs

It’s smart. You go to this tourney to win. Might as well show up with the best team possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s smart. You go to this tourney to win. Might as well show up with the best team possible

You have 2 -2027 teams why not use them?

Pro football has a trade and roster deadline so when a team makes thr playoffs they cannot just grab players of non playoff teams to make an allstar team.

Someone would say this is just 12-13 year old lax but it is essentially the same thing. Or if someone disagrees why have it under Igloo and not Team LI like True National does?? Would it really be an igloo team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did somebody just compare 7th grade lax to the NFL? If that’s the case “you play to win the games”… so put the best U13s you can find (which includes 8th graders) and have at it. 91 did it for the goalie, and they won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did somebody just compare 7th grade lax to the NFL? If that’s the case “you play to win the games”… so put the best U13s you can find (which includes 8th graders) and have at it. 91 did it for the goalie, and they won.

Igloo just had tryouts. Couldn't come up with a team?

As well as kids just joined or rejoined teams. They will leave to play with Igloo. So say play with S2S or insert any team all season but play Igloo for WS?? Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo just had tryouts. Couldn't come up with a team?

As well as kids just joined or rejoined teams. They will leave to play with Igloo. So say play with S2S or insert any team all season but play Igloo for WS?? Joke

Why? Doesn’t the little league World Series do the same thing? It’s a tryout from each district made up of kids from several different teams. I hope they get a bunch of young 2026s as well. Legacy did an age appropriate team when the 2021s and took out the then better club teams in the final. Igloo Black Ice. If you are going find the best 24 players you can and win it. 91 is a favorite right now, why not put a team together to beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a joke now.

Bigger joke is that their B team coach is the WS coach, hahahahaha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams hold open tryouts for the WSYL to fill in holes from hold backs who don’t qualify which is totally fine. But creating a whole new team specifically to compete in the tournament is against the rules on the website. Black Ops did exactly this for the U13 division. They took the best on age players from several clubs that didn’t have enough on age players to qualify on their own. The tournament allowed this for some reason. If the World Series doesn’t enforce their own rules then this will continue to happen, and in my opinion, it totally goes against the spirit of the tournament regardless of any rules that are In place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a joke now.

Bigger joke is that their B team coach is the WS coach, hahahahaha.

Is he not a good coach though?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams hold open tryouts for the WSYL to fill in holes from hold backs who don’t qualify which is totally fine. But creating a whole new team specifically to compete in the tournament is against the rules on the website. Black Ops did exactly this for the U13 division. They took the best on age players from several clubs that didn’t have enough on age players to qualify on their own. The tournament allowed this for some reason. If the World Series doesn’t enforce their own rules then this will continue to happen, and in my opinion, it totally goes against the spirit of the tournament regardless of any rules that are In place.

BBL does the same. Has a separate tryout for their WS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares if it goes against the “spirit” of the games. If they accept these teams then it isn’t against the rules. If people don’t like it, they are free to not pay the money and not play in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares if it goes against the “spirit” of the games. If they accept these teams then it isn’t against the rules. If people don’t like it, they are free to not pay the money and not play in the tournament.

So again just a few weeks ago tryouts were held for all 2027 LI teams. Now within a month or so there is a separate tryout again. What makes them think thise players will go to Igloo just for a WS team and not do their best with their current team? And how will those teams feel if player bails on their team to tryout for this Igloo team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So again just a few weeks ago tryouts were held for all 2027 LI teams. Now within a month or so there is a separate tryout again. What makes them think thise players will go to Igloo just for a WS team and not do their best with their current team? And how will those teams feel if player bails on their team to tryout for this Igloo team?
How do you think those parents and players feel after being blindsided? As one of those parents we have already declined the invite after tryout. We may not make the WS with out current club but we'll take our chances playing as a team. What's next NLF only teams? WS only teams? This is everything that is wrong with youth lacrosse today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you think those parents and players feel after being blindsided? As one of those parents we have already declined the invite after tryout. We may not make the WS with out current club but we'll take our chances playing as a team. What's next NLF only teams? WS only teams? This is everything that is wrong with youth lacrosse today.

Glad you stood your ground. I do not begrudge a program to be run like a business however parents need to act more like customers and less like sheep. Make more reasonable demands for your money or be willing to walk away.. So far that doesnt happen that often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought BBl's tryout for the World Series team was limited to BBL players within the BBL organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought BBl's tryout for the World Series team was limited to BBL players within the BBL organization?

Nope, they hold open tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. How do you then advertise hey we won the World Series but not really with our players??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. How do you then advertise hey we won the World Series but not really with our players??

Who was invited to this special Igloo tryout? And who made the WS team? I don’t see anything on their site?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also prefer my son to be coached by an A team coach, but not JC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was invited to this special Igloo tryout? And who made the WS team? I don’t see anything on their site?

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS
BEING HELD ON THE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT CANTIAGUE PARK IN HICKSVILLE FROM 7PM TO 9PM! ITS OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL CLUBS WHOSE BIRTHDAYS FALL ON OR AFTER 9/1/2008!!!! YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR THEM AT: http://igloolacrosse.sportssignup.com/site/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS
BEING HELD ON THE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT CANTIAGUE PARK IN HICKSVILLE FROM 7PM TO 9PM! ITS OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL CLUBS WHOSE BIRTHDAYS FALL ON OR AFTER 9/1/2008!!!! YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR THEM AT: http://igloolacrosse.sportssignup.com/site/

You all know that winning the WSYL means nothing right? It is a cool experience and an over priced vacation for your family but in the grand scheme of things it means zero.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with everything you said. Although it might be a nice experience,,,WS is completely over rated and a money grab. It’s certainly not worth hurting your kids rep by playing for another’s teams WS team. I would assume most if not all organizations would frown upon you playing for another simultaneously. And never a good idea to be jumping around.
By making it or even winning is not going to assist your child getting a college scholarship In 5 years. Kids evolve and grow at different rates with some hitting puberty early while others hit late. So,,enjoy it if it’s there but don’t break the bank or ruin you rep by being ruthless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS

You forgot to mention the amazing no name coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This actually is a great idea. The bigger clubs have two to three teams at this age level. You might as well try out for this team because if your son is not on the the main A team for the club your not competing in the Tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS

You all know that winning the WSYL means nothing right? It is a cool experience and an over priced vacation for your family but in the grand scheme of things it means zero.

Only a marketing opportunity for the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS

You forgot to mention the amazing no name coaches.
Anthony Alexander and Scott Snyder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS
BEING HELD ON THE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT CANTIAGUE PARK IN HICKSVILLE FROM 7PM TO 9PM! ITS OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL CLUBS WHOSE BIRTHDAYS FALL ON OR AFTER 9/1/2008!!!! YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR THEM AT: http://igloolacrosse.sportssignup.com/site/[/quote]

You forgot to mention the amazing no name coaches.[/quote]
Anthony Alexander and Scott Snyder[/quote]

NO THANKS. I would never have my kid tryout for those guys. Proof is in the pudding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the rosters from the little league World Series are made up of kids from different teams in each area. Same thing here, put the best in the district together and go play. I wish Maryland and Boston would do that and increase the competitiveness of the matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, an all-star team from the area would be good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, an all-star team from the area would be good

That would be cool, but it should be called the All-Star tournament.

And the World Series should prevent All-Star teams from competing in its tournament.

Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard