BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 33 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok .... I remember . Mark isn’t typically around for the younger kids tournaments. Too bad that happened. I hope you give the Millon Tournaments another chance. They are by far the best. Small number of teams, elite clubs and always played at great faculties. I’m only a parent not affiliated with the club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok .... I remember . Mark isn’t typically around for the younger kids tournaments. Too bad that happened. I hope you give the Millon Tournaments another chance. They are by far the best. Small number of teams, elite clubs and always played at great faculties. I’m only a parent not affiliated with the club.
You are relentless Mark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he never said that…. you are out of your mind jealous of his success and his sons. I’d play favoritism to his son too he’s the best 2023 in the country according to Ty Xanders and Inside Lacrosse. He’s an amazing player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry not Mark but a grateful parent who thinks highly and favorably of Mark and his coaching.

Signed Happy 91 Dad with no college tuitions to pay!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he never said that…. you are out of your mind jealous of his success and his sons. I’d play favoritism to his son too he’s the best 2023 in the country according to Ty Xanders and Inside Lacrosse. He’s an amazing player.

Said what?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry not Mark but a grateful parent who thinks highly and favorably of Mark and his coaching.

That’s great, but what’s up with these crazy Dads having to coach their own kids? If his kid is so great, Daddy should have stepped away after PAL age!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He got shut down in several MIAA games. He will be like 18 months older than anyone else as a senior, there is hope…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS.

D1 has 12 full scholarships split among 45 kids.

You didn’t get a full ride.

Unless your kid got need or academic money, in which case MM didn’t do squat in those departments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because their sons can’t handle tough coaching so they leave. Once they leave the fathers realize what a huge mistake they made leaving 91 so they try to blame it on Mark. The helicopter parents aren’t helping their kids. Also I find it weird how parents stay and watch practices. They should be banned like their are at most MIAA schools and colleges .

Thanks Coach - you’ve done more to destroy the hopes and dreams of young boys than build them up. Your sideline meltdowns are both legendary and embarrassing. Btw you’re youngest isn’t even the best on the team; maybe you should have someone break that other kids arm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know they are the best Mark, you tell everyone on both teams how great they are and to get the ball to them every game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He got shut down in several MIAA games. He will be like 18 months older than anyone else as a senior, there is hope…

At one time when Ty Xanders was somewhat impartial , he made a huge deal at the UA event a few years ago about the huge age differences in players in same grade. Even said that it needed to be addressed. The post was taken down after MIAA and local Club coaches ( All with holdbacks/prefirsts) let him know the ways of the MIAA and modern top clubs.

I do find it amazing the difference in ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about this kid but I received a full scholarship.... all four years! And I said I wanted no roommates, so they gave me my own room from day one. My parents refused to do any financial aid paper work or go for any other form of aid. I only considered four schools and all offered the same. At the time some state universities didn’t allow “tiling “ financial aid.

So please don’t comment on things you know nothing about. You don’t know how every program works the money. So tell your kid to work harder, hit the weights, take supplements , eat right, do you intervals and grow to be 6’3” weigh 210 and run a 4.5 forty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because their sons can’t handle tough coaching so they leave. Once they leave the fathers realize what a huge mistake they made leaving 91 so they try to blame it on Mark. The helicopter parents aren’t helping their kids. Also I find it weird how parents stay and watch practices. They should be banned like their are at most MIAA schools and colleges .

Thanks Coach - you’ve done more to destroy the hopes and dreams of young boys than build them up. Your sideline meltdowns are both legendary and embarrassing. Btw you’re youngest isn’t even the best on the team; maybe you should have someone break that other kids arm.

I find it weird how the obsessed dads find it necessary to coach their own kids! They should be banned from coaching their own kids. Like most schools and colleges do not have parent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about this kid but I received a full scholarship.... all four years! And I said I wanted no roommates, so they gave me my own room from day one. My parents refused to do any financial aid paper work or go for any other form of aid. I only considered four schools and all offered the same. At the time some state universities didn’t allow “tiling “ financial aid.

So please don’t comment on things you know nothing about. You don’t know how every program works the money. So tell your kid to work harder, hit the weights, take supplements , eat right, do you intervals and grow to be 6’3” weigh 210 and run a 4.5 forty.
How old are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this in the 2000’s? 4 schools offered you full scholarships and a private room? Were you a top 3 recruit? Was it even for Lacrosse? Or , sounds more like Football

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of my very first practices in college I cut across the crease twice and scored our head coach (inducted in the hall of fame twice ) went ballistic on the crease defenseman for allowing me to cut through unscathed. He started screaming at the defenseman that if ever an offensive player entered the crease someone better break the cutters arms. To make his point he grabbed the defenders long pole and started beating the defenders arms screaming “break his arms”. He didn’t stop until blood was visible.
Needless to say I never cut across the crease again without looking for a long the long pole.

Break his arms is a common term in lacrosse. So if your kid is a defender teach him how to “break arms”, “chop their legs off”, “ear hole him’, “take his head off”, “break some ankles”, “ send him home in a body bag” etc etc.
There is another Hall of Fame Coach that use to ask his defenders as they came to the penalty box “ did you bring me a piece of the guy” or did you “draw blood”, if the defender said yes coach would say good job and do it again when you get back in.
To the guy who said he’d been coaching for forty years and says he never heard “ break his arms” on what planet and what sport did you coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this in the 2000’s? 4 schools offered you full scholarships and a private room? Were you a top 3 recruit? Was it even for Lacrosse? Or , sounds more like Football

2000’s???!!!
Dude this sounds more like the 80’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in the 2000’s... just stopped coaching. There are still some kids with full ride lacrosse scholarships.
I was also very lucky mine was also guaranteed until I graduated. Scholarship money can go up or down annually . All schools are different. For example after a year at Utah your tuition switches to the in state tuition rate. When recruiting you need to know the schools you are competing with and how they can shuffle their dollars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xander’s went to St P and I’m sure he knows the ins and outs of the MIAA. Your obsession with hold backs is border line psycho !! The extreme age gap is caused by the public school parents who fast track their kids into school early for the free day care. This is why the true hold backs was created. If and when these kids are recruited or apply into a private they are so far behind academically because of the lousy public school education they are held back in order to catch up academically and age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xander’s went to St P and I’m sure he knows the ins and outs of the MIAA. Your obsession with hold backs is border line psycho !! The extreme age gap is caused by the public school parents who fast track their kids into school early for the free day care. This is why the true hold backs was created. If and when these kids are recruited or apply into a private they are so far behind academically because of the lousy public school education they are held back in order to catch up academically and age.

Your obsession with defending kids that are over a year older than other youth players is border line crazy. The laughable line that holdbacks are created by public school children goes beyond any imaginable excuse. LOL ..

MIAA schools are the holdback engine of Baltimore. Always have been, Nobody even cared until all the little prefirsts/holdbacks/reclassed wanted to play down against the on age public school kids and fellow MIAA on age players, This came with explosion of grade base lacrosse. Until then the holdbacks played each other, no one cared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top private schools have always had an older entry date then the public schools.
Historical research/data has proven out that the private school students get into better colleges and will make 35-40% more in earnings . This was NOT caused by club lacrosse just the smarter better clubs learned to tap into it. I’m sorry your son is short and fat like his mother and has cankles like you. If you were good parents you would stop making excuses for your children. Dont blame others for your inability to provide advantages. If your son does not make his varsity team his freshman year kiss top D1 programs good bye. You should start looking at the lower DIII programs.
It would be great if there were two levels of clubs a private school league and public school league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top private schools have always had an older entry date then the public schools.
Historical research/data has proven out that the private school students get into better colleges and will make 35-40% more in earnings . This was NOT caused by club lacrosse just the smarter better clubs learned to tap into it. I’m sorry your son is short and fat like his mother and has cankles like you. If you were good parents you would stop making excuses for your children. Dont blame others for your inability to provide advantages. If your son does not make his varsity team his freshman year kiss top D1 programs good bye. You should start looking at the lower DIII programs.
It would be great if there were two levels of clubs a private school league and public school league.
What a beyond ignorant & delusional comment! Do you like what you see in the mirror? Such an arrogant commend saying clubs should have a private one & a public one? Are you serious? If your son doesn’t make varsity as a freshman kiss D1 goodbye? Are you for real?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course I’m for real. Whats wrong with what I posted? Name a MD public school player playing on a top D 1 team. A JV team from any private school would kill the top public school varsity team. Why do clubs have to waste time with kids who come from families that think being average is acceptable. If you are a high school player at a public school you need to start thinking DIII now!
If you are a parent sending your kid to a Md public school you should look in the mirror and see “lost parent” across your forehead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above poster must not have google on his/her phone. A literal 4 second search should show public school kids playing D1 but I’ll let you do the looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course I’m for real. Whats wrong with what I posted? Name a MD public school player playing on a top D 1 team. A JV team from any private school would kill the top public school varsity team. Why do clubs have to waste time with kids who come from families that think being average is acceptable. If you are a high school player at a public school you need to start thinking DIII now!
If you are a parent sending your kid to a Md public school you should look in the mirror and see “lost parent” across your forehead.

Please guys, don’t feed the trolls.
Private school vet here. I also find that people that think like this are usually first generation private school kids who are born somewhere else like Ohio and are thirsty to to fit into the Baltimore Private school crowd. They will do anything to perceptibly fit in. It’s not where
You went to school, it’s where your gran went to school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are disgusting! There is everything wrong w/ what you posted! And feel sorry for your child!! To say clubs waste their time on kids who go to public? How dare you!
Good luck to your kid! Mine in the mean time is a public school player going to D1!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure do…. name me one public school player that plays on a top 5 team…. zero

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just googled it…. zero Md public school players playing on Top 5 D 1 programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure do…. name me one public school player that plays on a top 5 team…. zero

zach goodrich- kent island high school -won state championship - PLL- 3rd pick in1st round . Not bad for public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a very sad life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a parent posting this, you are the “lost parent”! You don’t even need to look in the mirror, I’m sure faces around you say it all!! Hopefully, just some dense kid post!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the better apologists for youth lacrosse players playing down. Go get im Tiger ... Just a quick note, Pat Spencer was on JV his first year and maybe even second ( not sure) at BL... Lucky for us lacrosse fans , he didnt see your remarks,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except those SP guys on UMD and UVA, you know the two teams from the final?

Seems you need to go back to google school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mac o'keefe - New York public school- 221 goals at penn state?

Michael sowers -PA public school- Princeton all time leading scorer ?

justin guterding - New York public school- 212 goals at duke?

Can’t wait for your response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He did not attend a top five program. Went to Loyola which is not a top five program. Loyola also plays in conference of average teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zach Goodrich attended Towson. Not a Top 5 program and not a respectable academic school. Keep trying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the better apologists for youth lacrosse players playing down. Go get im Tiger ... Just a quick note, Pat Spencer was on JV his first year and maybe even second ( not sure) at BL... Lucky for us lacrosse fans , he didnt see your remarks,

There is always a Pat Spencer exception to the lax world or any other facet of life. Rare exceptions exist, so no they are rare not really meaningful when looking at the entire population. Don’t hold your kid back or be talked into holding your kid back based on sports alone. Done…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is always a Pat Spencer exception to the lax world or any other facet of life. Rare exceptions exist, so no they are rare not really meaningful when looking at the entire population. Don’t hold your kid back or be talked into holding your kid back based on sports alone. Done…

Maybe there should be a filter on here for parents that don’t know the sport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it...First, dont even think about D1 unless you make Varsity ,,,and now , you get called out for your lack of knowledge with the Most Valuable Player in College Lacrosse one year, what's your new lack of knowledge remark, Exceptions Exceptions, LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must the dad that went to public and went on to play at a D1 school, oh but wait! You played on the D1 CLUB team but claim you played D1. I can see the arrogance in this post!

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 33 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard