Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Chris Simonton from Ward Melville High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #32 ranked senior on Long Island and from Ward Melville High School, Chris Simonton for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Chris Simonton, a key member of the attack for the defending Suffolk A champions from Ward Melville High School. He has chosen Providence College because of the amazing academics, great athletics and program that the coaches have built up. He had a number of achievements in his High School years that he can be proud of. Let's see what else he'll achieve as an Attackman in his college years.

Q&A w/ Chris Simonton

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
Chris Simonton(CS):: Obviously when my Junior was cancelled my initial reaction was that everything I have done to prepare for that season is gone and sadness filled the entire team especially the seniors of that class. I looked at them and it drove me to work even harder for my senior year.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Jay?  
CS:: Doesn't Matter Get Better - DMGB

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
CS:: It really brought us all together. We worked everyday having captains practices that I ran. Team Lifts and Runs to stay in shape all year to prepare us for the season.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
CS:: I really treasured the season considering the fact that it will be my last time wearing the green and gold and playing for the patriots.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Providence College, and what other colleges were you considering?
CS:: I choose Providence due to the amazing academics but as well as the great athletics and program that the coaches have built up and am really looking forward to playing there.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
CS:: Before games I typically throw on some rock and heavy metal to listen to before games.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
CS:: Disturbed Down With the sickness

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Penne Pasta
  • Favorite Movie? Lone Survivor
  • Favorite Sports Team? Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Favorite Athletes? Juju Smith Shuster

See some of Chris's career athletic accomplishments below: BTC top 50 ( #32), Newsday Top 100, All County.

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to check the Top LI Seniors & Juniors for 2021.