BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at all the team’s record last season
Look like FLG is 275, 91 Hornets is 276 and Rebels Red Hawks 422. Go with team the he will play and progress the most. Plus make sure you can traveling to easliy.

I would stay away from FLG, especially FLG B. I can’t imagine them having enough players for a second team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO then the question is: Would you rather have vomit or throw-up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh just like channey teams…..what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELP - I don't know much about the club world. My son tried out for 91 B, Rebels B & FLG B and made all 3. He is truly undecided. Where will he have the best overall experience and why?

91B

91B - they won some tournaments last year and have some good players.

They only play in my lacrosse tourneys so they can control the schedule. FLG has the best coaching and will commit to making your son the best he can be. They have only one team and all their teams by senior year end being very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELP - I don't know much about the club world. My son tried out for 91 B, Rebels B & FLG B and made all 3. He is truly undecided. Where will he have the best overall experience and why?

91B

They only play in my lacrosse tourneys so they can control the schedule. FLG has the best coaching and will commit to making your son the best he can be. They have only one team and all their teams by senior year end being very good.

My son had friends who played on both teams last year. 91 B had a consistent practice schedule and participated in many tournaments. The same could not be said for FLG.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91B

My son had friends who played on both teams last year. 91 B had a consistent practice schedule and participated in many tournaments. The same could not be said for FLG.

Lol, your “sons friends”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do teams really get better. I don’t think so…I believe players get better and that’s how teams improve, more so B than A. The top teams improve by bringing in out of state kids and the B teams improve by getting athletes that develop. The B teams also decline generally because they are not competitive and/or the coaches do the minimum. So was can stop saying who got better, just be concerned your team didn’t get worse, which is definitely the case for a few B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do teams really get better. I don’t think so…I believe players get better and that’s how teams improve, more so B than A. The top teams improve by bringing in out of state kids and the B teams improve by getting athletes that develop. The B teams also decline generally because they are not competitive and/or the coaches do the minimum. So was can stop saying who got better, just be concerned your team didn’t get worse, which is definitely the case for a few B teams.

You are pretty correct on the points-raised about. B teams are difficult to keep together, to get year over year improvement because there are a handful of kids on each team striving to get on an A team and chase the shiny new opportunity at tryouts every year, at least on Long Island. Kids think they are better than they are and parents don’t see the real situation. Facts:

12.5 scholarships max per Div 1 team. Now distributed over 50+ kids due to COVID-19 holdbacks.

Long Island can’t be considered the hotbed anymore. Look at every top 25 div 1 roster. Used to be at least half were from LI. Now maybe 1/4 is typical. Going to get even smaller as programs develop in TX, FL, CA.

Unless your son hasn’t hit puberty, and is a skilled player with speed, breaking into the top teams is a massive long shot. So be careful with the sales pitch from new programs, offering a B team spot with a look next year for the A team.

B team kids do play in college, on a D3 team. Great lacrosse, just different size, speed, commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the video? The only one that surfaced shoes the parent in question who I heard was a teacher being extremely nice and explaining the situation about the table to the Iroquois moms who are not irate ( definitely didn’t seem they were insulted like it was stated) as the video goes on they seem to be antagonizing the express parent calling her Karen which actually upsets the last as she is trying to be nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the video? The only one that surfaced shoes the parent in question who I heard was a teacher being extremely nice and explaining the situation about the table to the Iroquois moms who are not irate ( definitely didn’t seem they were insulted like it was stated) as the video goes on they seem to be antagonizing the express parent calling her Karen which actually upsets the last as she is trying to be nice.

Stop it. Everyone knows what she said about those kids to start the whole thing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it. Everyone knows what she said about those kids to start the whole thing.

This is still being talked about?!?!
Yes, there was a video out there that captures part of the story. People have been on here explaining other parts of the story that weren’t in the video.
If what the video shows is the majority of the story, then that woman needs to live with herself and be ridiculed by everyone that knows her because of how she acted.

Move on. End of story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are pretty correct on the points-raised about. B teams are difficult to keep together, to get year over year improvement because there are a handful of kids on each team striving to get on an A team and chase the shiny new opportunity at tryouts every year, at least on Long Island. Kids think they are better than they are and parents don’t see the real situation. Facts:

12.5 scholarships max per Div 1 team. Now distributed over 50+ kids due to COVID-19 holdbacks.

Long Island can’t be considered the hotbed anymore. Look at every top 25 div 1 roster. Used to be at least half were from LI. Now maybe 1/4 is typical. Going to get even smaller as programs develop in TX, FL, CA.

Unless your son hasn’t hit puberty, and is a skilled player with speed, breaking into the top teams is a massive long shot. So be careful with the sales pitch from new programs, offering a B team spot with a look next year for the A team.

B team kids do play in college, on a D3 team. Great lacrosse, just different size, speed, commitment.

B team kids play at all level of. College (D1, D2, D3 and club) the same is true for A team players. Now very few B team kids make it to D1 but some do. If you are just talking about the big clubs B teams. Then it’s true Most if any at all will play D 1. If you are taking about B teams in general such as Rebels, FLG, Hitmen. Then this is false. Just looking at the 2022 class. Flg has 5 D1 commits with the possibility of another 1 or 2. Rebels have about 5 Hitmen 1. These numbers are not great but you still have a chance. Many B team kids leave entering their Junior year and join recruiting teams such as 365 lax, LI sting. And I saw another team this year south shore elite. These teams produce D1 player also. Not as many as 91 or Express but there are other avenues to take to college other han the big club route
Every player is different and they grow and
Develop at different rates. If you want it don’t give up. Don’t believe that 91 and Exprees are the only way to go.
I do agree as the game grows in other areas of the country things will be harder foe LI lax kids. Minnesota is another area that is expanding and producing good talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re still deciding I would say the best B teams on LI are below. And they are B because the brackets they played in the last year.

In no specific order the 5 best B teams are:

True Blue
FLG
Express
Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B team kids play at all level of. College (D1, D2, D3 and club) the same is true for A team players. Now very few B team kids make it to D1 but some do. If you are just talking about the big clubs B teams. Then it’s true Most if any at all will play D 1. If you are taking about B teams in general such as Rebels, FLG, Hitmen. Then this is false. Just looking at the 2022 class. Flg has 5 D1 commits with the possibility of another 1 or 2. Rebels have about 5 Hitmen 1. These numbers are not great but you still have a chance. Many B team kids leave entering their Junior year and join recruiting teams such as 365 lax, LI sting. And I saw another team this year south shore elite. These teams produce D1 player also. Not as many as 91 or Express but there are other avenues to take to college other han the big club route
Every player is different and they grow and
Develop at different rates. If you want it don’t give up. Don’t believe that 91 and Exprees are the only way to go.
I do agree as the game grows in other areas of the country things will be harder foe LI lax kids. Minnesota is another area that is expanding and producing good talent

——————————++++++
I agree and definitely wasn’t advocating that Express or 91 is the only way to go, just the opposite. And yes, a motivated kid who is playing for the right teams can and does excel if they build size speed and skill. Need all 3 now. My point was more toward the reality of the situation in the future. So much competition for fewer spots at the college level and it will get tougher each year. Don’t drink the cool aid and think club lax is an investment toward a ticket to better outcome at the D1 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about development Remember, these kids are just hitting 9th grade. The game & the landscape changes for them now. The problem is that teh majority of these teams dont develop players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sir or Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this forum. Your post makes way too much sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly, lets discuss these A & B teams and the amount of kids they are carrying..I heard the "A" teams are carrying 30+ in many cases? How can that be true? What about B teams? They carry that many kids too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly, lets discuss these A & B teams and the amount of kids they are carrying..I heard the "A" teams are carrying 30+ in many cases? How can that be true? What about B teams? They carry that many kids too?

It can be true because people let it be true. As long as people are willing to pay to be one of 30 or more, clubs will continue to keep big rosters. Can’t get quality playing time with a roster that large. I don’t understand why people would want to sign up for that…..and it isn’t just Express that does it anymore. There is no viable reason to keep more than 22-24 as the absolute most on a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It can be true because people let it be true. As long as people are willing to pay to be one of 30 or more, clubs will continue to keep big rosters. Can’t get quality playing time with a roster that large. I don’t understand why people would want to sign up for that…..and it isn’t just Express that does it anymore. There is no viable reason to keep more than 22-24 as the absolute most on a roster.

I think most B teams have that 22-24 number. It’s the A teams. And I don’t blame the clubs. It’s the parents that have gone to multi day tourneys this summer and saw their kid play less than 5 minutes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22-24 is good. Why wouldnt any of those "A" teamers standing around just play B? Does it really make a difference? Just sayin...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22-24 is good. Why wouldnt any of those "A" teamers standing around just play B? Does it really make a difference? Just sayin...

Parents take the blow to their ego

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents take the blow to their ego

Can’t explain it, but it is the parents making a really poor decision for their son, imho. Lax intervention time, if your son doesn’t play, other than blowouts, he wouldn’t have made the team. Move on. Go to a team and be a top player, who cares if that team will never beat 91, Express or Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches and directors know how to sell. They know the magic words parents want to hear. We will play in all the college recruiting tournaments. We will showcase our team in front of college scouts. We have connections to all the D1 schools. It’s funny stuff. Parents hear this from these salesman, that’s what they are, they start drooling. Parents are afraid to miss out on this. They know coaches don’t care about their kid, only their tuition, yet the phrase D1 college showcase makes people silly. I agree with you, it’s crazy. That’s the explanation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches and directors know how to sell. They know the magic words parents want to hear. We will play in all the college recruiting tournaments. We will showcase our team in front of college scouts. We have connections to all the D1 schools. It’s funny stuff. Parents hear this from these salesman, that’s what they are, they start drooling. Parents are afraid to miss out on this. They know coaches don’t care about their kid, only their tuition, yet the phrase D1 college showcase makes people silly. I agree with you, it’s crazy. That’s the explanation.

Yes, this is all true for the top 1/3 of the team. The rest will learn that not playing is going lessen their sons chances of being recruited. Go be the best player on a lesser team and your son will stand out more and will get more looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading these posts about Scholarships and being recruited is hilarious. Do you folks think colleges hands out Div 1 NCAA football scholarships to Lax players? If that's your hope, then start saving your $ now becasue these directors have you all jacked up. The amount you spend on showcases, travel, lodging, travel etc...you could pay for 2 educations and just buy the University T shirt for $24 online...

Find a team where it is fun, the coaches are good people and your kid develops and plays. Take A team, B team, Scholarships and showcases out of the equation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading these posts about Scholarships and being recruited is hilarious. Do you folks think colleges hands out Div 1 NCAA football scholarships to Lax players? If that's your hope, then start saving your $ now becasue these directors have you all jacked up. The amount you spend on showcases, travel, lodging, travel etc...you could pay for 2 educations and just buy the University T shirt for $24 online...

Find a team where it is fun, the coaches are good people and your kid develops and plays. Take A team, B team, Scholarships and showcases out of the equation.
But, but my son has so many championship T-shirts? lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUPPLEMENTAL TRYOUT SEASON IS HERE!!!! Gert your checkbooks out. S2S is looking for "Elite" players and Forcegloo is having a tryout for their very own "WSYL Team" . Im sure they all do it. Have supplementals so they can pack their rosters. Its like a race to see who can add the most kids. Delta is coming & so are teh holidays! ...need to make bank before they get here. LAX ON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUPPLEMENTAL TRYOUT SEASON IS HERE!!!! Gert your checkbooks out. S2S is looking for "Elite" players and Forcegloo is having a tryout for their very own "WSYL Team" . Im sure they all do it. Have supplementals so they can pack their rosters. Its like a race to see who can add the most kids. Delta is coming & so are teh holidays! ...need to make bank before they get here. LAX ON!

Elite=any players willing to pay tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has a better "B" team? Noone from what I see...
As far as B teams go, none are great but Express has the best.
I think most will tell you to go to an A team that's really a B team instead - Hitmen, Recon, True Blue, etc. Even though teams a B level, owners typically care more about them than the bigger clubs.

24, Empire, Turtles.....there are a lot of these teams that are better than a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re still deciding I would say the best B teams on LI are below. And they are B because the brackets they played in the last year.

In no specific order the 5 best B teams are:

True Blue
FLG
Express
Turtles

FLG 2025 isn't very good. They got destroyed at one tournament we were at this summer.

24 is a small program but the 2025 team is decent. I'd add them. Affordable program too.

Empire over FLG too. Good coaching at the 2025 level.

Heard Turtles lost some kids and is basically Smithtown-only now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Express and 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at S2S heard they are offering free tuition to 2025 players. Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at S2S heard they are offering free tuition to 2025 players. Is this true?

Who knows what’s true. However Any club that is offering supplemental tryouts means in my opinion that players declined the invite and they are scrambling. But didn’t see one S2S helmet at my sons tryouts. Saw a lot of ransoms and like 10 Igloo lids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows what’s true. However Any club that is offering supplemental tryouts means in my opinion that players declined the invite and they are scrambling. But didn’t see one S2S helmet at my sons tryouts. Saw a lot of ransoms and like 10 Igloo lids.
What mystery club does your son currently play for? A team B team? Seriously why come on here and give half a story? Why, because it's usually not true and you're just trying to tear down Igloo or secure your own spot, perhaps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Random helmets can be a result of kids trying out without showing which club they’re coming from. My son doesn’t wear his club helmet unless he is at game/practice for that team. Anything else (including tryouts), he’s wearing his town/school helmet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S used to have 3 2025 teams at one point. They were B1, B2 and B3. Now it seems like they be lucky if they can field one B team. Buyer beware if they're trying to fill multiple roster spots with a supplemental tryout. It's mid August so if someone is still looking for a spot on a team there's probably a good reason for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S A players all went to Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of kids are starting to reclassify. It’s going to be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S A players all went to Rebels.
Total crock. I can personally attest that this is not true. Rebels may have the most active propaganda department in the industry but the fact remains, Rebels A is not a real Long Island competitive A (Express, 91) team and their B team is just another money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S Went to Rebels? Out of the kettle and into the fire. Good luck with that. Now they have 30 kids like everyone else.

Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard