BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BUMPITY-BUMP

Alicon Kwolek of Richmond named as Clemson first
Coach!
What do you think the culture will be?

More Importantly, when does the recruiting start.. I know a few 2022's that would travel to SC

I would imagine she will start right away.... Wonder if any of her players will look to follow her?

Clemson will in my humble opinion will be a top 20 team in 5 years if Coach hits the portal hard for some veteran leadership. Have two daughters currently playing on mid/top level D1 teams. Both daughters have said there’s a buzz around Clemson being the spot to spend your Covid/Grad year.

Tgey will be top 20 school instantly

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUMPITY-BUMP

Alicon Kwolek of Richmond named as Clemson first
Coach!
What do you think the culture will be?

More Importantly, when does the recruiting start.. I know a few 2022's that would travel to SC

I would imagine she will start right away.... Wonder if any of her players will look to follow her?

Clemson will in my humble opinion will be a top 20 team in 5 years if Coach hits the portal hard for some veteran leadership. Have two daughters currently playing on mid/top level D1 teams. Both daughters have said there’s a buzz around Clemson being the spot to spend your Covid/Grad year.

Tgey will be top 20 school instantly

Maybe, maybe not…. Maybe if they bring in a bunch of transfers from Top 10 - 20 programs, otherwise not sure there is enough talent out there. There are some very good schools that have had women’s lacrosse for quite some time and they are not a Top 20 program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d be shocked if Clemson was in top 20 in the next 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. Unless a superstar player wants to take advantage of their 5th year and transfer, it will take more than 5 years to build this program. Too many top players anymore now that lacrosse has grown so much throughout the country. Talent is being spread far and wide - amongst more than the top 20 teams and amongst all divisions. No longer will a few teams control all the talent. The reason you are already seeing more parity amongst the top 20. It will only get even more diluted in the next 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. Unless a superstar player wants to take advantage of their 5th year and transfer, it will take more than 5 years to build this program. Too many top players anymore now that lacrosse has grown so much throughout the country. Talent is being spread far and wide - amongst more than the top 20 teams and amongst all divisions. No longer will a few teams control all the talent. The reason you are already seeing more parity amongst the top 20. It will only get even more diluted in the next 5 years.

Tell us where the parity is?

The top programs consistently bring in the best players and now with the portal and the extra year of eligibility we have seen high end players transfer
Into the top programs. Sure you have some programs that crack the top 20 from time to time but there are really only about 15 programs that are in the top 20 every year and an even smaller number that are ever in the top 10.

Clemson will become a competitive program quicker than most and they have a shot at a Top 20 finish within 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the Pro league, great play. But from a rule enforcement perspective. Cross checks everywhere, dangerous follow throughs, warden off everywhere. I like 60 second shot clock better than 90.

What they don’t realize is the future young kids watch this and try to do the same thing with the rules. Maybe this a good thing.

The pro league is constantly showing highlights of which many of them are dangerous shots . It looks crazy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the Pro league, great play. But from a rule enforcement perspective. Cross checks everywhere, dangerous follow throughs, warden off everywhere. I like 60 second shot clock better than 90.

What they don’t realize is the future young kids watch this and try to do the same thing with the rules. Maybe this a good thing.

The pro league is constantly showing highlights of which many of them are dangerous shots . It looks crazy .

Stop with the dangerous shots. Bunch of wusses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top programs consistently bring in the best players and now with the portal and the extra year of eligibility we have seen high end players transfer
Into the top programs. Sure you have some programs that crack the top 20 from time to time but there are really only about 15 programs that are in the top 20 every year and an even smaller number that are ever in the top 10.

Clemson will become a competitive program quicker than most and they have a shot at a Top 20 finish within 5 years.

Disagree Clemson will be a top 20 team instantly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree Clemson will be a top 20 team instantly

Really, do you honestly believe that Clemson will finish their first season ranked in the Top 20? Wow, why do you believe that? How will they do it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Will be years before they get to that level. Look at Pitt so far. Will be interesting to see how they do their first season but I believe Pitt has a much better chance than Clemson does at reaching Top 20.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Will be years before they get to that level. Look at Pitt so far. Will be interesting to see how they do their first season but I believe Pitt has a much better chance than Clemson does at reaching Top 20.

Not sure how fast either team will finish a season ranked in the Top 20. It's not that easy, I realize that the sport is growing but there is still a limited amount of top tier talent and the vast majority of that talent will most likely continue to go to the top programs.

There are a lot of great schools that have had women's lacrosse for a long time that have not been able to crack the Top 20 consistently. Just look at the programs that you must compete against in order to get the top talent / recruits:

North Carolina
Maryland
Boston College
Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Penn
Florida
Notre Dame
Penn State
JMU
Duke

Stony Brook - mostly for the Long Island kids.

Michigan - has been improving as well and has a lot to offer student athletes.

Throw in - USC and Stanford for players looking to go to school on the west coast.

For the most part the top HS players will receive offers from and be able to find their home at one of the schools listed above.

As stated above, there are a lot of great schools out there that have had women's lacrosse for a many years but they have not been able to bring in the same level of talent as the schools listed above.

You can have a great coach at a great school but at the end of the day you need to have the athletes/players in order to compete with the best programs. As someone once said, "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes” or in this case the "Izzy's and the Charlotte's".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the Big Ten schools keep loosing their best players to ACC. Dirks to UNC and Cordingly to MD. Surprised someone would trade a Hopkins degree for MD?

I think it’s ridiculous how many transfers UMD takes . Does she not believe in the recruits she brought in? The 2019s were number one recruiting class and these past two years the program has underperformed . Almost as if she doesn’t want to really coach just bring them in game ready and coached by someone else … feel sorry for the 21s and 22s going there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the Big Ten schools keep loosing their best players to ACC. Dirks to UNC and Cordingly to MD. Surprised someone would trade a Hopkins degree for MD?

I think it’s ridiculous how many transfers UMD takes . Does she not believe in the recruits she brought in? The 2019s were number one recruiting class and these past two years the program has underperformed . Almost as if she doesn’t want to really coach just bring them in game ready and coached by someone else … feel sorry for the 21s and 22s going there.

Oh please, all coaches want the best players that they can get. No coach will win without depth of talent. You sound like the type of parent that would complain when a coach brings in a stud who plays the same position as your daughter in the next recruiting class.

With the exception of some of the Ivy’s (because of university policy) name one coach that will not bring in a transfer that they believe will help their team win.

BC would not have won the National Championship without their transfers.

The coaches job is to win, recruiting is part of their job, be it through transfers or HS recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a family friend tell me a story about their kids at Clemson.
Their kid was asked if they were “Italian or not” and when pressed about their religion the Clemson kids asked about being Catholic, -“Does that mean you’re a Christian?
Some backwards thinking down there in those parts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their kid was asked if they were “Italian or not” and when pressed about their religion the Clemson kids asked about being Catholic, -“Does that mean you’re a Christian?

Pot meet kettle…

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

So one ignorant Clemson student allows you to paint entire region with the same brush? I see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

So one ignorant Clemson student allows you to paint entire region with the same brush? I see.

Seems to be way more than one student!? That region is a mess right now , due to some “ignorance” by at least 1/2 the adult population. I would be thinking twice about sending my kid to college there right now. Smart individuals should be able to follow Science and not politics or religion. I would rather be sending my kid to a Northeast school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to be way more than one student!? That region is a mess right now , due to some “ignorance” by at least 1/2 the adult population. I would be thinking twice about sending my kid to college there right now. Smart individuals should be able to follow Science and not politics or religion. I would rather be sending my kid to a Northeast school

Ha. Talk about ignorant. Geez. I guess you are in favor of some lefty Ivy League school. Oh yea…. Put your mask on when you are driving😷

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Talk about ignorant. Geez. I guess you are in favor of some lefty Ivy League school. Oh yea…. Put your mask on when you are driving😷

It’s not just the Ivy’ that lean left, every school in the Northeast… (as well as most places) pushes the nonsense. We only hear about Ivy’s or other well known schools I.e. Penn State receiving a lot of attention due to some insane professor, and crazy WOKE administration policies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What science would that be exactly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not just the Ivy’ that lean left, every school in the Northeast… (as well as most places) pushes the nonsense. We only hear about Ivy’s or other well known schools I.e. Penn State receiving a lot of attention due to some insane professor, and crazy WOKE administration policies.

Ha! If I'm ever on an operating table, I hope the Doc has a degree from A lefty Ivy School!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Nope, just in favor of sending my kid to a place where there seems to be more intelligent thinking! Places that believe in evolution and science. Just look at the Covid map infection rate and that will speak volumes

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

As someone who lives in that "region", we'd be just fine if you want to stay in the Northeast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of you actually have a student at Clemson? I'm from LI and have a senior at Clemson. His experience has been fantastic both academically and socially. My husband and I have met many of his friends and found them to be polite and intelligent. My son has in no way experienced what you describe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As someone who lives in that "region", we'd be just fine if you want to stay in the Northeast.

GLADLY and I most definitely will! You can stay “living” (hopefully) in that region and take your chances with the stupidity people are showing there with this virus. Good luck with that “herd immunity” theory. This virus has been a huge magnifier on stupidity and people are dying over it. Not fair to your doctors and nurses and your health care system. Just hoping your children don’t suffer for the stupidity of the adults

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Nope, just in favor of sending my kid to a place where there seems to be more intelligent thinking! Places that believe in evolution and science. Just look at the Covid map infection rate and that will speak volumes

Baaa baa baaa 🐑 🐑 🐑

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual, those that believe that they are more intelligent, sophisticated and enlightened than the rest of us are actually the most intolerant and bigoted of all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What science would that be exactly?

Yeah, nobody should hold their breath waiting for an answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baaa baa baaa 🐑 🐑 🐑

Enjoy the herd! 🐄🐄🐄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Talk about ignorant. Geez. I guess you are in favor of some lefty Ivy League school. Oh yea…. Put your mask on when you are driving😷[/quote]

Ha! Nope, just in favor of sending my kid to a place where there seems to be more intelligent thinking! Places that believe in evolution and science. Just look at the Covid map infection rate and that will speak volumes[/quote]

Baaa baa baaa 🐑 🐑 🐑[/quote]

Enjoy the herd! 🐄🐄🐄[/quote]

its just a matter of time before we all get it.. vaccine or not. you're better off dropping 15-20 pounds and lowering your blood pressure than relying on big pharma to bale you out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I guess you don’t rely on medicine and science for anything? Do you get your other vaccines? That stuff won’t necessarily kill you either! You can just take your chances. Good luck in the herd. Only problem is, you are a spreader and I’m sure you are anti -mask as well!? You Keep on spreading your love to the herd. Best of Luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Nope, just in favor of sending my kid to a place where there seems to be more intelligent thinking! Places that believe in evolution and science. Just look at the Covid map infection rate and that will speak volumes[/quote]

Baaa baa baaa 🐑 🐑 🐑[/quote]

Enjoy the herd! 🐄🐄🐄[/quote]

its just a matter of time before we all get it.. vaccine or not. you're better off dropping 15-20 pounds and lowering your blood pressure than relying on big pharma to bale you out.[/quote]

Yeah, because everyone who has died from Covid was fat with high blood pressure? Shows your ignorance once again! Maybe they just died from heart attacks and we are being told it’s Covid? All 4.3 million of them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I guess you don’t rely on medicine and science for anything? Do you get your other vaccines? That stuff won’t necessarily kill you either! You can just take your chances. Good luck in the herd. Only problem is, you are a spreader and I’m sure you are anti -mask as well!? You Keep on spreading your love to the herd. Best of Luck with that.
Are you aware that vaccinated people are getting it? So, vaccinated people are spreaders as well...what does that science tell you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you aware that vaccinated people are getting it? So, vaccinated people are spreaders as well...what does that science tell you?

Yes, but Vaccinated people are not taking up beds in hospitals! 99% of the Covid cases serious enough to be in a hospital right now are of unvaccinated people. I seriously don’t blame some of the Drs. And Nurses in those highly unvaccinated areas for quitting! They are fed up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It tells you, because half of the population is not getting vaccinated it’s going to keep going round and round! But, you can see the people getting seriously sick now are the unvaccinated! Tells me, the vaccine is saving lives in the vaccinated population. Thanks to Science

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but Vaccinated people are not taking up beds in hospitals! 99% of the Covid cases serious enough to be in a hospital right now are of unvaccinated people. I seriously don’t blame some of the Drs. And Nurses in those highly unvaccinated areas for quitting! They are fed up

I suggest you change the channel once in awhile,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It tells you, because half of the population is not getting vaccinated it’s going to keep going round and round! But, you can see the people getting seriously sick now are the unvaccinated! Tells me, the vaccine is saving lives in the vaccinated population. Thanks to Science

whos telling you half the population? the numbers are up 75 -80% with at least 1 dose.. the CNN is telling you those who are seriously sick are un vaccinated, the reality might be different. Lets hope the largest medical experiment in human history continues to be successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its just a matter of time before we all get it.. vaccine or not. you're better off dropping 15-20 pounds and lowering your blood pressure than relying on big pharma to bale you out.

Yeah, because everyone who has died from Covid was fat with high blood pressure? Shows your ignorance once again! Maybe they just died from heart attacks and we are being told it’s Covid? All 4.3 million of them![/quote]

You're going to get it..so is your spose and all of your kids and every one you know... put down the big-gulp and take a walk.. take some agency over your own life and stop relying on drugs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because everyone who has died from Covid was fat with high blood pressure? Shows your ignorance once again! Maybe they just died from heart attacks and we are being told it’s Covid? All 4.3 million of them!

You're going to get it..so is your spose and all of your kids and every one you know... put down the big-gulp and take a walk.. take some agency over your own life and stop relying on drugs.[/quote]

Put down the “Qoolaid”! Think for yourself and take some responsibility for yourself and others. Think for yourself, big pharma doesn’t want to put a micro chip inside of you ! You need to change the channel.

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard