BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 313 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever keeps talking about the Prostart goalie's number being called by mistake is obviously not in the loop. The kid deserved to make the team last year - he is good and he played well at UA. The number called by mistake for the callback game on the day of tryouts... was an obvious fluke and if you were there last year - you would know this. The kids number that was called by mistake only played a half of a half of the final callback game and didn't make the final team.

Stop trying to put people down on an anonymous forum big guy.

The goalie last year who mistakenly made the callback game was not the Prostart goalie. It was a kid who was very clearly outmatched in every prelim game.

Ok, but was the prostart goalies number called yesterday? I heard there were only 3 teams of players at the tryouts because so many of the top players opted not to try out this year. So if he is top 5 in the country, and there were only a handful of goalies at the event, he must of made it right?

If anyone would like to talk about the ProStart/SP goalie feel free to give me a call. Would love to have an honest/non-anonymous conversation with anyone who needs anything cleared up about him, me, family, dogs, etc. I've never been on here before, so curious what this imposter is posting!
Rob Shepherd

Mic Drops ...a few minutes it was like a lacrosse forum in here....now it is as quiet as a church .
And I bet you his phone hasn’t rung.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure I had the misfortune of sitting near this Hawks parent up at Lake Placid the past few days. Loudmouth. Pretty low to write about a kid like this in an anonymous forum.

Don’t believe it is a Hawk parent either. There is one poster on this forum who loves to bash the Hawks. Any D1 coach would love to have this player. Trust me, you can’t replicate the speed, quickness, shot velocity and competitiveness.

Pretty sure we all have a good idea which hawks parent this is Although nothing surprises me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever keeps talking about the Prostart goalie's number being called by mistake is obviously not in the loop. The kid deserved to make the team last year - he is good and he played well at UA. The number called by mistake for the callback game on the day of tryouts... was an obvious fluke and if you were there last year - you would know this. The kids number that was called by mistake only played a half of a half of the final callback game and didn't make the final team.

The goalie last year who mistakenly made the callback game was not the Prostart goalie. It was a kid who was very clearly outmatched in every prelim game.

Ok, but was the prostart goalies number called yesterday? I heard there were only 3 teams of players at the tryouts because so many of the top players opted not to try out this year. So if he is top 5 in the country, and there were only a handful of goalies at the event, he must of made it right?

If anyone would like to talk about the ProStart/SP goalie feel free to give me a call. Would love to have an honest/non-anonymous conversation with anyone who needs anything cleared up about him, me, family, dogs, etc. I've never been on here before, so curious what this imposter is posting!
Rob Shepherd

Mic Drops ...a few minutes it was like a lacrosse forum in here....now it is as quiet as a church .
And I bet you his phone hasn’t rung.

Phone battery might as well be dead...lol!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rob Shepherd

Why dig up a post from a month ago? Because people LIKE drama and attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rob Shepherd

Just to upset you I guess! I just found out about this forum and wanted to make sure the truth was available for anyone that wants it.

Rob Shepherd

Just to upset you I guess. Just found out about this forum. Want to make sure the truth is available should anyone want it. Then they dont have to speculate anonymously!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Ripley bought one of the St. John’s players. Senior midfielder. Crazy to transfer your senior year from one of the top teams in the country to a mediocre one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you bored? really!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Ripley bought one of the St. John’s players. Senior midfielder. Crazy to transfer your senior year from one of the top teams in the country to a mediocre one.

Good stuff. They didn’t have faith in what they had on the bench. Guys should have listened to their parents telling them to hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good stuff. They didn’t have faith in what they had on the bench. Guys should have listened to their parents telling them to hit the wall.

What are rules on senior transfers? Take it they have none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you bored? really!

Really? Why transfer to a mediocre lax team to get a mediocre education. Could just go to his local public school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ball hog. Good bye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of rules for transfers, but none of the teams in the top half of the MIAA honor them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of rules for transfers, but none of the teams in the top half of the MIAA honor them.

transfer rules exist between MIAA schools, not between leagues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he’s not transferring from an MIAA school he doesn’t have to sit out. Can’t be 19 at the start of senior year otherwise not eligible. CH had a kid that would have been ineligible this year. Not sure where he ended up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he’s not transferring from an MIAA school he doesn’t have to sit out. Can’t be 19 at the start of senior year otherwise not eligible. CH had a kid that would have been ineligible this year. Not sure where he ended up.

19 at start is the rule, but it is broken every so often, Not as much as people say, but the double holdback is around playing occasionally in MIAA and all coaches know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
State the name and school of double hold back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you’re trying to get a kids name out on a public
public forum? Special kind of butt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like injuries have caught up to the BL A/M DP doesn’t look like a top 15 talent anymore and I had the opportunity to watch several games this week. After ghosting our team all summer other than one cameo he is all of a sudden healthy enough to play against us. Looks uninspired and certainly isn’t fatigued as most other kids have played many more events Go Hawks

Stop yes injuries have been a factor but he is still an excellent player I think it’s a little extreme to say he isn’t a top 15 player in the class. I think he’s a top 10 talent. Grind your axe elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you’re trying to get a kids name out on a public
public forum? Special kind of butt

If it goes against the rules which the school and player are well aware of then...yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leaving St. John’s to play for Spaulding? Who in their right mind would do such a thing. Clearly someone is footing the bill and then some for a kid to make a move like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2022s were in Lake Placid. The Balto roster did not have the studs from Hawks, Crabs, and FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not true

Plenty of rules. Not much enforcement.

https://resources.finalsite.net/ima...pqz/Eligibility_Verification_rev6121.pdf

https://miaasports.net/miaa-regulations-guidelines/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2022s were in Lake Placid. The Balto roster did not have the studs from Hawks, Crabs, and FCA.

Had enough studs to make it to championship, no matter the outcome…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Spallina’s team get beat down so badly at UA?

While I think S is a good player, I predict at college level he will be an average player.

Been saying that for years. Very overrated, unless you count backing in against weak defenders and taking flat-footed trick shots against a defense that doesn't slide when they see it coming. His best attribute is shot placement. The rest is average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Studs from *Hawks, *Crabs, *FCA"...............Depends on which of their 2022 rosters are you referring to? The out of state players they all fly in to play tournaments for them? If so, I did see a few of those kids playing for other regions as they should. What did FCA accomplish this summer? Did they win Summer Splash?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SJ kid is now not going to Spaulding. Wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don’t you call him and ask him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because he read BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has Ridley done wrong ? He can pay any tuition he wants it’s not against the rules. All the top MIAA schools has someone filling the gap financially for kids. It may be a booster club or an individual. You guys have no clue what goes on and it’s not just for lacrosse. Footballs been doing it for 60 years or so,
BTW... tell me again that “ break his arms” is not a common term in lacrosse again!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think the new guy in charge at Spalding will let him in the school? He is there to clean up the grade fixing issue they had with prior admin. Now they have transfer players being offered money. And it isn’t just one player.

It’s HS lacrosse people. Championship must mean a lot to Phipps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think the new guy in charge at Spalding will let him in the school? He is there to clean up the grade fixing issue they had with prior admin. Now they have transfer players being offered money. And it isn’t just one player.

It’s HS lacrosse people. Championship must mean a lot to Phipps.

Maybe the league will pull what they did against St. Francis and refuse to play them? Only thing missing in comparison is Spalding actually being capable of winning the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not creepy at all. He is an extremely reputable extremely wrathful alum who is a CEO of a large US corporation, not local, who chooses to donate a sum of money ear marked to the school for a specific reason . My daughters was ear marked for any female student athlete with the academic ability to be granted the scholarship with the stipulation that she maintain a certain GPA throughout here time at the school and that she met with him once a semester to discuss her future aspirations . I really think he just wanted to see she wasn’t some pieced tattooed freak!!
To the guy who said it’s creepy you have issues. It’s the best thing that ever happened to her and our family. Now my sons at the same boarding school and hopes to follow his sister to the Ivies and to hopefully make seven figures like her. I still maintain my [ChillLaxin] blue collar job like everyone else on this forum who’s complaining about these evil club leaders. They are the ones who help you find out what’s available for your young student athlete. I want my kids to have a better life then I had academically and financially

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry nothing illegal is being done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://miaasports.net/miaa-regulations-guidelines/

Section 4 & 5. Clear rules violations.
4. Amateur Status
To be eligible to participate in contests of this Association, a student must be an amateur. As such, he/she may not receive, directly or indirectly, any salary, stipend, incentive, payment, award, gratuity, gift, educational expenses or expense allowance as result of participation in any sport or sports team.

5. Recruitment
a) No school, through any of its officers, representative or by any other means, shall directly or indirectly offer inducement to a student of any school, regardless of the student's age or academic grade, to terminate enrollment at said school and migrate to another for athletic purposes.

They did both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the kid going to Spalding or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the kid going to Spalding or not?

Are we talking about the “tasty” player at sjc or someone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry nothing illegal is being done

Offering to pay a player $50,000 is illegal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upset SJC parents using an anonymous forum to attack a HS player and his family is classless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is doing nothing illegal. my daughter went to a private school from 7th grade through graduation ( ended up going Ivy) and someone else paid her full tuition each year. All she had to do was have lunch with the guy once each semester, in the schools cafeteria, and her mother and I never met the man.
And now my son is doing the same.
What’s wrong with someone helping us get a better education for our child then we could afford . Much easier then the financial aid process. The school needs to monitor it so it doesn’t get out of control like the Gilman situation where the coach personally paid his players tuitions and the kids he recruited who didn’t qualify at Gilman he paid their tuition to go to MSJ.

That is beyond strange ??? Never met him ??

Like Reply Quote
Page 139 of 313 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard