BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 210 of 264 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did Massapequa have a faceoff kid this year? Asking for a friend

They did two years ago lololol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of programs will or already have crowded rosters. But lot of programs won't because the university won't commit additional money to fund any roster expansion for a non-revenue sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Coach Powers out as well?

My guess would be the entire staff is not renewed. Powers and the rest all had ties to prior coach. They don’t stay on without him out of loyalty.

New coach will have an entirely new staff

They would be ill advised not to keep him on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing. But is it just me that if my son came to me and said he wants to do another year of college so he can play lacrosse I’m gonna tell him the wallets open for only 4 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing. But is it just me that if my son came to me and said he wants to do another year of college so he can play lacrosse I’m gonna tell him the wallets open for only 4 years?
That's correct. It's called "take out a loan son".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel the same way. But a lot of people don’t. Maybe the job market is still tight for new college grads? Maybe the coach is offering some money for your son to stay an extra year? Maybe your son will able to attend grad school while playing lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the school pays for it the let him stay. The alternative is he is back living with you again not making millions playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the reasons why the 2021/22 classes are having a hard time. Take a 5th and 6th year player and pay the proven commodity who can contribute now instead of the ? Freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If his season got cut short Freshman year, then limited season sophomore year, now no guarantees for junior year, yeah son go ahead, I got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the 2022 kids that committed last September be careful what you wish for!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the 2022 kids that committed last September be careful what you wish for!
What does that mean ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Please explain more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was referring to being an early signer and then having a 5th year player transfer in later in the year which may take your playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh that makes sense. Nothing they can do about it. Can’t imagine too many freshman would be starting right away anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was referring to being an early signer and then having a 5th year player transfer in later in the year which may take your playing time.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
Why bother anymore. This college stuff has turned into an extension of semi-pro ball. SemiPro/Pro lacrosse =BORING. College ball is hot for a reason. It’s innocent (to an extent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are going to be 3 more recruiting classes competing with 5th year players for roster spots on college teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think he was referring to being an early signer and then having a 5th year player transfer in later in the year which may take your playing time.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
Why bother anymore. This college stuff has turned into an extension of semi-pro ball. SemiPro/Pro lacrosse =BORING. College ball is hot for a reason. It’s innocent (to an extent)[/quote

College athletics has been forever changed with NIL (name, image, likeness) and transfer portals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With roster sizes averaging 50+ players and with the addition of 5th year players, what's the probability that any one player (non-5th year) will ever get meaningful playing time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t wait to get little Johnny on committ list on BOTC for D1! Now they know that most kids freshman are gonna ride the bench, haha my kid just got committed to a D3 school and I know he’s gonna play and get a good education too! Suckers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t wait to get little Johnny on committ list on BOTC for D1! Now they know that most kids freshman are gonna ride the bench, haha my kid just got committed to a D3 school and I know he’s gonna play and get a good education too! Suckers.

What a sweetheart you must be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest is taking the extra year of eligibility. But he is transferring to a D3 school for his masters. I really hope it’s the same school your kid is at. I hope he enjoys riding the bench. When my guy gets there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. As obnoxious as the first guy was, this is a pretty douchy post. Go back to work. Stop working from home. Or get a real hobby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest is taking the extra year of eligibility. But he is transferring to a D3 school for his masters. I really hope it’s the same school your kid is at. I hope he enjoys riding the bench. When my guy gets there.

Any good school that recruits want to go to will have the same issue. Transfers or grad students will be taking spots. In fact D3 schools are taking transfers/grad students and cutting weaker players as opposed to D1 schools who are cutting less and holding on to players resulting in larger rosters. Many of those D1 kids who do get cut or want to leave a D1 larger roster will transfer to desirable D3 schools. Those days of guaranteed playing time at a D3 school are over for now. Not a good situation for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some extreme examples. 2021 Denver team had 75 players on its roster. 2022 Loyola team has 10 grad students on its roster.
Bottom line: more than ever, your kid needs to choose a school because he likes the school and not because he likes the lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for the seniors in high school lacrosse. Not the 19,20 and 21 year old seniors, but the legit seniors. Duke just got 6 senior “grad students” to come back for yet another year. Who will the college coaches actually play? And 18 or 19 year old boy or a 25 year old man? 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for the seniors in high school lacrosse. Not the 19,20 and 21 year old seniors, but the legit seniors. Duke just got 6 senior “grad students” to come back for yet another year. Who will the college coaches actually play? And 18 or 19 year old boy or a 25 year old man? 🤔

I know of good players who gave up and are playing club. The landscape has changed for 2021, 22 & 23 at least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Club is a great way to go. The trickle down has been brutal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of good players who gave up and are playing club. The landscape has changed for 2021, 22 & 23 at least

The landscape has changed for everyone. College juniors who have had 15 games total and most without any fans. Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those college juniors as well as any student who was a D1 college player in 2020 all got another year of eligibility to play lacrosse. No player below them in HS or below was given do-over. Now these college players who are exercising their do-over year and taking roster spots are hurting the players below them in 2 ways. 1. They are significantly limiting playing time for others. 2. They are decreasing the # of players that teams will recruit during those years they are around. The landscape has changed for everyone, but some worse than others.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Its all pretty funny when you think about it. We feel bad for college players because the seniors and grad students get to come back for an extra year because of COVID...but its ok to hold back a kid 1-2 years before high school. LOL. You can argue holding back Johnny in grade school does more damage to Johnny's peers in grade school than what you are seeing in college nowadays. Not to mention Johnny's dad is coaching him in grade school so he is playing attack, taking face offs, and basically hogging up all the oxygen on the team. Its a cruel world!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering a 19 year old boy started at attack along with a 19 year old sophomore on defense….the fact is - college is not “on age lacrosse,” and neither is high school varsity. If the kids good, they will play. Those who don’t play are on a good team and getting a solid college experience and a great education. Hopefully they can learn from these 25 year olds and break the whinny habits of their parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the Daddy of a 25 year old college lacrosse “student-athlete” 😕

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude get over it, it's not club or HS. Youre 18 year old just stinks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So will his wife and kids also be living in your basement 😆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker
Its all pretty funny when you think about it. We feel bad for college players because the seniors and grad students get to come back for an extra year because of COVID...but its ok to hold back a kid 1-2 years before high school. LOL. You can argue holding back Johnny in grade school does more damage to Johnny's peers in grade school than what you are seeing in college nowadays. Not to mention Johnny's dad is coaching him in grade school so he is playing attack, taking face offs, and basically hogging up all the oxygen on the team. Its a cruel world!

How do you know that the 5th years seniors in college who are coming back for their extra year weren't kids who were also held back in HS? I bet a lot of them were, and it definitely fits their MO - to always manipulate the system to your advantage at the expense of others. And you still feel sorry about them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do feel sorry for them. Us old folks, it is just another year. For these young men, they lost a year that they can never get back. My son doesn't stink, he made All County, but got passed over by the D1 programs that were recruiting him for these 25 year old seniors. I don't hold a grudge against the holdbacks, the 5th year senior, or the programs that chose to taken a proven player over my son who is a maybe.He passed up PG to go to a school that fit him academically, has been to the playoffs many times, he likes the coach and the players who are there, so I'm thankful it all worked out for him. But you fools who think that they got passed over because they stink, just shut up. Your kid probably never even played on their D1 program as a 25 year old, and you troll here to make yourself feel better. Feel sorry for all the kids, they all got hosed.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Harsh words not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know that the 5th years seniors in college who are coming back for their extra year weren't kids who were also held back in HS? I bet a lot of them were, and it definitely fits their MO - to always manipulate the system to your advantage at the expense of others. And you still feel sorry about them?

You make an awful lot of assumptions about people you don't know. I think you have a subpar athlete at home and it burns you up inside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude get over it, it's not club or HS. Youre 18 year old just stinks!!

There he is. The Stunad is back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make an awful lot of assumptions about people you don't know. I think you have a subpar athlete at home and it burns you up inside.

Sorry, you're the one making assumptions about people you don't know. No, I don't have a subpar athlete at home and it doesn't burn me up- I actually don't have a son who is old enough to be affected by this; so none of this really matter to me at all. I just think covid stinks for everyone. But if you allowed yourself to be objective for once, you would finally admit the HS recruiting classes of 2022 and 2023 (probably- to be seen) have it the worst compared to the other lacrosse classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do feel sorry for them. Us old folks, it is just another year. For these young men, they lost a year that they can never get back. My son doesn't stink, he made All County, but got passed over by the D1 programs that were recruiting him for these 25 year old seniors. I don't hold a grudge against the holdbacks, the 5th year senior, or the programs that chose to taken a proven player over my son who is a maybe.He passed up PG to go to a school that fit him academically, has been to the playoffs many times, he likes the coach and the players who are there, so I'm thankful it all worked out for him. But you fools who think that they got passed over because they stink, just shut up. Your kid probably never even played on their D1 program as a 25 year old, and you troll here to make yourself feel better. Feel sorry for all the kids, they all got hosed.

As the Mom of a 2022 daughter where there really aren't holdbacks in any school year, we have had the same experience with luckily the same positive outcome but getting to that outcome has not been easy. And it has been the same for her club and high school teammates as well. My DD was being seriously courted (through her club of course) by mid to high level D1 coaches in the months leading up to Covid. We were visiting schools and doing admission tours all over the country. Than Covid struck and everything changed - including not having a sophomore lacrosse season in a highly competitive conference. This also meant zero high school film for her sophomore year either. Now she is committed to a high D2 program. She had offers at lower level D1 but the one she committed to matched all her other "wants" and she really liked the coach and current players she interacted with. In the end it should work out but I know of some very talented players who it has not worked out for yet. They may not get the chance at all to play NCAA lacrosse in college. At least the 5th year players have. All of these kids have lost something. I just don't feel that the 5th year evened the playing field for all college/potential college players. And I also know many college players who didn't get to have their normal Junior or Senior year playing experience because those who chose to stay kept their playing position ahead of the younger kids denying them their opportunity to be on the field. Some will wait their turn for their 5th year and some can't afford to do so (either in money or time).

Like Reply Quote
Page 210 of 264 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard