Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 07:25 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 01:06 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:19 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,588
Posts309,509
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 483 of 490 1 2 481 482 483 484 485 489 490
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #343967 08/04/21 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is absolutely illegal to send 'one off' texts to kids before Sept 1st. It has to be a legitimate questionnaire. You can text a link to one--that is fine. And, just because people are at 'Top D1 schools' doesn't mean that they don't try to work around the rules or cheat.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #343968 08/04/21 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we approach September 1st it is important for those who have not been through the recruiting process put things in perspective and learn to read between the lines.

The coaches will make offers to the top recruits, coaches don’t waste time dancing around with the players that they really want. They may not discuss the financial component right away but they will tell the recruit that they want them and that they have a spot. Coaches want to know that the player truly wants to go to their school, once they know that there is genuine interest they will get into the details of the offer.

If a coach is talking to a player but not offering a spot it is likely that the coach believes they may get a player that they have ranked higher on their list.

If a coach goes dark or will not talk to the player it is very likely that the coach has no interest.

The recruiting process is very fluid, and where a player is on a coaches list can change quickly.

Remember, the player is not going through the process in a vacuum, the decisions other players make can affect your daughter.

There will be several “rounds” of players committing, each time a bunch of players commit the coaches reevaluate who is left and adjust their lists.

Many coaches will hold spots until next June in order to see what college players enter the portal after the college season ends.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343975 08/04/21 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As we approach September 1st it is important for those who have not been through the recruiting process put things in perspective and learn to read between the lines.

The coaches will make offers to the top recruits, coaches don’t waste time dancing around with the players that they really want. They may not discuss the financial component right away but they will tell the recruit that they want them and that they have a spot. Coaches want to know that the player truly wants to go to their school, once they know that there is genuine interest they will get into the details of the offer.

If a coach is talking to a player but not offering a spot it is likely that the coach believes they may get a player that they have ranked higher on their list.

If a coach goes dark or will not talk to the player it is very likely that the coach has no interest.

The recruiting process is very fluid, and where a player is on a coaches list can change quickly.

Remember, the player is not going through the process in a vacuum, the decisions other players make can affect your daughter.

There will be several “rounds” of players committing, each time a bunch of players commit the coaches reevaluate who is left and adjust their lists.

Many coaches will hold spots until next June in order to see what college players enter the portal after the college season ends.

Great information. Thank you. I believe my daughter will be getting offers from a few schools that are top on her list. She doesn’t really have a favorite (more like a few favorites) and would really like to see these schools and meet the coaches before deciding. If she visits a school and really likes it, she may want to commit, which is fine, but I wonder if she may like another school that she didn’t see better and not get the chance. I also am under the impression that if an offer is made and you don’t decide within a few days, that offer may be gone. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343999 08/04/21 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great information. Thank you. I believe my daughter will be getting offers from a few schools that are top on her list. She doesn’t really have a favorite (more like a few favorites) and would really like to see these schools and meet the coaches before deciding. If she visits a school and really likes it, she may want to commit, which is fine, but I wonder if she may like another school that she didn’t see better and not get the chance. I also am under the impression that if an offer is made and you don’t decide within a few days, that offer may be gone. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Not all coaches put a clock on the offer but they may want to know that your daughter has true interest and that the school is one of your daughters top 2 or 3 choices. As the post above says, coaches want to know that the player really wants to go to the school. Coaches know that players have to visit multiple schools before making a decision.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344071 08/04/21 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for some great information for us parents going through this process for the first time. Appreciate your post. Nice to see BOTC being used for helpful and informative purposes! smile

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #344239 08/05/21 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
The schools that are asking for questionnaires to be filled out probably have real interest, make sure you have your daughter fill those out right away. As for camps, personally I would wait until after September 1. That way if you fo go you will know if the coach is really recruiting your daughter. Many schools are trying for August money grabs I see
100% agree!! The reason coaches are texting questionnaires is because they equate responses and the kids who fill out the questionnaire as interested!
You need to realize that coaches recruit an ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ list or ( or tier 1, 2,3 or whatever they call it). A lot of schools have the same list of girls in their A group so once those girls verbal, the ball really starts rolling which is what happened with the 22s and they went fast.
My daughters received over 50 texts, emails, phone calls between the two of them, 2 coaches come in person to offer and were offered on calls as well on September 1. They took 4 of the 5 official visits(paid for by the school) in 3 weeks and had to walk away from offers bc a few coaches didn’t want to wait.
My advice is to take your time. If a coach really wants your kid, they will wait -well most will. Go where your child is really wanted—not only will it likely translate into a good offer but also likely into playing time as long as your child works hard and arrives in top shape ready to go!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344242 08/05/21 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
The schools that are asking for questionnaires to be filled out probably have real interest, make sure you have your daughter fill those out right away. As for camps, personally I would wait until after September 1. That way if you fo go you will know if the coach is really recruiting your daughter. Many schools are trying for August money grabs I see
100% agree!! The reason coaches are texting questionnaires is because they equate responses and the kids who fill out the questionnaire as interested!
You need to realize that coaches recruit an ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ list or ( or tier 1, 2,3 or whatever they call it). A lot of schools have the same list of girls in their A group so once those girls verbal, the ball really starts rolling which is what happened with the 22s and they went fast.
My daughters received over 50 texts, emails, phone calls between the two of them, 2 coaches come in person to offer and were offered on calls as well on September 1. They took 4 of the 5 official visits(paid for by the school) in 3 weeks and had to walk away from offers bc a few coaches didn’t want to wait.
My advice is to take your time. If a coach really wants your kid, they will wait -well most will. Go where your child is really wanted—not only will it likely translate into a good offer but also likely into playing time as long as your child works hard and arrives in top shape ready to go!

That’s some more really great information. Thank you so much!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #344325 08/06/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your kid is not that player...meaning that she is a great player but doesn't have any hype. We are hearing that there is contact between coaches (club and college ) for many of her teammates but nothing for her. Starting to feel that this might not happen for her.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344343 08/06/21 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your kid is not that player...meaning that she is a great player but doesn't have any hype. We are hearing that there is contact between coaches (club and college ) for many of her teammates but nothing for her. Starting to feel that this might not happen for her.

I think all you can really do is hold off until Sept 1 and see what happens. Has she reached out to coaches with film, etc?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344358 08/06/21 08:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think all you can really do is hold off until Sept 1 and see what happens. Has she reached out to coaches with film, etc?
But is what being told to you really true? One advise I received (& think is great advise) is you don’t talk about who is contacting your daughter. It’s no ones business.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #344373 08/06/21 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But is what being told to you really true? One advise I received (& think is great advise) is you don’t talk about who is contacting your daughter. It’s no ones business.

I think that it’s smart to keep quiet about where you are being recruited, but that doesn’t help PP who is hearing about all of this talk regarding club teammates. I can see how that would make you wonder. If there is already so much chatter, does that mean her kid is not in the mix?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #344375 08/07/21 01:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do need to have realistic expectations. Some kids verbal quickly-maybe they knew what school they wanted; had been to 3 camps; the coach calls 9/1 and offers...other kids may take until jan or longer! choosing the best match is worth the wait!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344385 08/07/21 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone’s process is different. You can’t compare what’s happening to other girls to your daughters. Your daughter will end up where she’s meant to be. Anyone that discusses who is contacting their daughter or who is talking to a coach about their daughter is gaudy. I understand girls get excited, but they shouldn’t talk about their process to anyone & you should 100% give that advise to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344403 08/07/21 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax, slow down, take a deep breath and don’t stress. This is not a sprint, we just saw 22’s committing to excellent programs/schools in the past few weeks. The top tier recruits will commit relatively quickly to top tier programs (maybe 15-20 kids from The Island) the process will take longer for the majority of kids.

Make sure “all” of the coaches (not just head coach) know that your daughter has sincere interest in the school (coaches want players who want to go to their school).

You may have to expand the list of schools if you are not getting interest.

Keep working, keep playing and keep letting coaches know of your interest, don’t be a pain in their butt but don’t stop showing interest just because the coach doesn’t express interest right away. Things change.

Work with your daughter to stay positive!!!! It’s extremely important.

Go to ncaa website for women’s lacrosse go to rankings and and click on RPI for each Division. There are a ton of great schools that offer women’s Lacrosse.

Unless you are truly a top tier recruit, you will most likely have to cast a wide net, just like the college coaches, Boston University has to cast a wider net than Boston College (they are both great schools).

Good luck, stay positive, enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344525 08/08/21 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone’s process is different. You can’t compare what’s happening to other girls to your daughters. Your daughter will end up where she’s meant to be. Anyone that discusses who is contacting their daughter or who is talking to a coach about their daughter is gaudy. I understand girls get excited, but they shouldn’t talk about their process to anyone & you should 100% give that advise to your daughter.

Just curious why you think parents or players should not talk to anyone about their process. Several parents asked me about the process for my kids, (I had no problem discussing it) I am sure some of my kids friends asked them as well. Personally I do not think it's a big deal, and I do not believe discussing the process with other parents has any affect on the process or where your child ends up being recruited or where your child commits. IMHO communication is helpful as long as you are not the type of person to become envious, jealous and or bitter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 483 of 490 1 2 481 482 483 484 485 489 490
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard