BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Thorn?? HaHaHaHaHa
YJ Thorn stinks..................they are an above average team - Jesus Christ wake up

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn has best 22 on LI kid on team
GC kid
Sayville kid
ESM kid
All American from LB
Something is wrong somewhere, they are not good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great competition this past weekend with a ton of talented 2023 players from multiple clubs. Great weekend for lacrosse and fun to watch girls back in action without masks and coaches watching. A few goals difference in many games when top clubs played. Could have went to either team. Funny how the sidelines were more quiet as parents don’t say much now college coaches are watching. REFRESHING!!!!!! Good luck in the recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thorn has best 22 on LI kid on team
GC kid
Sayville kid
ESM kid
All American from LB
Something is wrong somewhere, they are not good

The amount of drama that has been on that particular team for many years is the problem. They thought the merger with Igloo would help, but it hasn't. It's just toxic and it started when they were young so it is almost embedded in their DNA at this point. It is sad considering the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like East Coast is imploding-director didn't sign up for tourney and parents had hotels set. A few suckered parents who went their are out and the team is probably folding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like East Coast is imploding-director didn't sign up for tourney and parents had hotels set. A few suckered parents who went their are out and the team is probably folding.

Wow what a shame. No where for these girls to go this late in the game. Hard to get on another club’s team at this stage. I haven’t heard good things about ECS and know they didn’t help their 22 group with recruiting. The few that were recruited did it on their own. Zero help from the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast folded and MDU is taking it on as a C or D stepchild team. Lipstick on a pig.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would ever play on the C team of anywhere especially when MDU doesnt care about west team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would ever play on the C team of anywhere especially when MDU doesnt care about west team.

This is so true! Every year I hear the girls & parents I know on the MDU West team that are entering their recruiting year complain that they receive ZERO support from the directors w recruiting. They are treated like 2nd class members of the club compared to the East team. Yet every year I see parents continue to support their daughter playing on West vs the A or only team at a comparable competitive club. They believe the directors will help their daughter when recruiting comes but find themselves highly disappointed. When will these parents and players look at past years and realize nothing will change. I can only imagine what support a C or D team will receive. These girls need to find a new club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly there are always a few teams that 2-3 better players could take then from B to A and they would be showcased as impact player but parents drank the MDU koolaid. I can't even imagine having East Coast kids a C team-what a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no C team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They acquired East Coast and calling it MDU Coast -C team for MDU

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they had to poach players from another club to survive-midseason. I can't believe that is legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They acquired East Coast and calling it MDU Coast -C team for MDU

Are we really supposed to believe this! Didn’t they just have tryouts? Why would they have tryouts if they were disbanding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually MDU dumped them also now Rockfish new owner couldnt poach enough 26 or 27 players from Bay Area so East Coast is merging on the girls side of Rockfish. What a mess-just fold already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom feeder clubs always end up merging over folding. Anything to keep the Benjamins flowing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually MDU dumped them also now Rockfish new owner couldnt poach enough 26 or 27 players from Bay Area so East Coast is merging on the girls side of Rockfish. What a mess-just fold already.

Oh geez I would stay far away from this club. Will probably end up in the same position 3-5 years from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so true! Every year I hear the girls & parents I know on the MDU West team that are entering their recruiting year complain that they receive ZERO support from the directors w recruiting. They are treated like 2nd class members of the club compared to the East team. Yet every year I see parents continue to support their daughter playing on West vs the A or only team at a comparable competitive club. They believe the directors will help their daughter when recruiting comes but find themselves highly disappointed. When will these parents and players look at past years and realize nothing will change. I can only imagine what support a C or D team will receive. These girls need to find a new club!

Look at MDU West vs M&D Red. Basically the girls get recruited to the same programs. You may have a 1 or 2 Red girls go to lower end D1 or Upper D3, but there really is not a big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone had any kool-aid lately. Awfully quiet from the A list. Are there too many teams on that list now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black laid an egg at Elite 8. Coach Jeff P. again fails to develop an offensive scheme other than isolation. Has undoubtedly talented players yet continues to run offensive isolation and teams figured out how to match up. He coaches like a college game and runs girls into the ground in a three game tournament.

From the results of Elite 8 and summer it does not work. M&D no longer a powerhouse threat. Should fall to a top 10 team not a top 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D coaching in general is not that great. They arguably get the top players in the region and do the least with them. Any rec coach can run iso plays and screens for their scorers. That is why they are getting beaten by good defenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black laid an egg at Elite 8. Coach Jeff P. again fails to develop an offensive scheme other than isolation. Has undoubtedly talented players yet continues to run offensive isolation and teams figured out how to match up. He coaches like a college game and runs girls into the ground in a three game tournament.

From the results of Elite 8 and summer it does not work. M&D no longer a powerhouse threat. Should fall to a top 10 team not a top 5.

Who cares? It’s recruiting time. No one cares whether they are a top 5 or top 10 team. I’m pretty sure M&D will do just fine in recruiting and will have more commits than MDU. But enjoy that free t-shirt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also doesn't help when defense/keeper finally get the ball back and then offense immediately goes and shoots an awful shot straight to goalie or OOB.

That was brutal to watch and shows a weak lax IQ from those attackers, IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also doesn't help when defense/keeper finally get the ball back and then offense immediately goes and shoots an awful shot straight to goalie or OOB.

Has anyone from elite 8 committed yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really thought M&D would be a stronger team. I was surprised to see so many weaknesses at this stage in the game. Do they have many new players? My daughter had not played against them in awhile and thought they would be more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did elite 8 go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really thought M&D would be a stronger team. I was surprised to see so many weaknesses at this stage in the game. Do they have many new players? My daughter had not played against them in awhile and thought they would be more competitive.

They are a team that relies on Offense and doesn’t pay much attention to defense. The defenders back there are just kids that have been grandfathered into the team. They never were picked for skills or had to seriously try out for the team because they were there from grade 5 or whatever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they have that many turnovers on the offensive side leading to fast breaks with the mids jogging behind the play. Really not much the defense can do except make them pass the ball. When the opposing team can execute a few passes they’ll score almost every time. Lacrosse 101 turnovers leads to goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is fun to read this stuff once you done with club lacrosse. Everyone knows better than the coach, everyone knows better than the director, everyone knows better than the officials, and everyone thinks they know what all the college coaches are thinking and wanting. Just wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? It’s recruiting time. No one cares whether they are a top 5 or top 10 team. I’m pretty sure M&D will do just fine in recruiting and will have more commits than MDU. But enjoy that free t-shirt

lol exactly. The MDU fan boys are comical. They just won't compete with M&D, simple as that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why in the world is a personal attack like this necessary. Seriously dude grow up !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where are all the 2023 commitments? I’m getting nervous for my DD and her teammates. I thought there would be more activity at this point. All I am still seeing and hearing are 2022 commitments. Why haven’t there been any big commitments from Maryland yet either? Hoping to see more activity soon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where are all the 2023 commitments? I’m getting nervous for my DD and her teammates. I thought there would be more activity at this point. All I am still seeing and hearing are 2022 commitments. Why haven’t there been any big commitments from Maryland yet either? Hoping to see more activity soon!
I thought the same thing. There were so many 22 commitments this time last year. With that said, 22's could not go and do official visits with schools during recruiting where as 23's can. I think it's a slower process for the 23's because of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the same thing. There were so many 22 commitments this time last year. With that said, 22's could not go and do official visits with schools during recruiting where as 23's can. I think it's a slower process for the 23's because of that.

Just take a look at LaxBytes website and how Covid has impacted recruiting!

GIRL COMMITS
2022 YTD - 1546
2021 - 2619
2020 - 3445

BOY COMMITS
2022 YTD - 1263
2021 - 3610
2020 - 4228

Using the 2020 class as the benchmark since it was before Covid and the 5th year option, the 2021 Class was impacted but not nearly as bad as the 2022's. I'm afraid the 2023's will be impacted even more. College rosters are super fat right now. With covid's impact still being felt in the workforce, many players are choosing to take advantage of the 5th year for grad school. I think many schools will keep their 23 commits lean until they see what the transfer portal looks like after the 2022 season has ended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many schools loaded up on 21’s and 22’s plus there are the transfers. This may result in smaller recruiting classes for coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches can contact potential recruits on September 1st, then top recruits can visit their top choices. Top players will be wanted by all of the top programs. Recruits can usually visit one school per weekend so the process of visiting your top choices could basically take you to the first week in October. Take the visits and find a comfortable spot for your daughters. Good luck !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many schools loaded up on 21’s and 22’s plus there are the transfers. This may result in smaller recruiting classes for coaches.

This seems to be a blessing in disguise. The 23’s can now concentrate of the RIGHT FIT schools. They don’t have to rush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct. For the 2022s there were no visits so all the conversations were happening via zoom and kids good so several a day. With visits kids are only going on 1 or 2 visits a week and it will take longer. You'll have some that take the first offer they've received but most others will choose to at least take a few visits to see which seems like the right fit. If you look back at the timeline of commits for 2021s that will be more in line with what will happen this year. There weren't a ton of commits the first few weeks of September back in 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your 23 heard from programs on Sept 1...good programs but maybe there are others out there that your coach thinks are in reach....think it’s possible that you could still get in the mix now? I saw one school that did not contact DD just recruited a 22.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your 23 heard from programs on Sept 1...good programs but maybe there are others out there that your coach thinks are in reach....think it’s possible that you could still get in the mix now? I saw one school that did not contact DD just recruited a 22.

I’m confused…. Yes most schools are still working on the 22 class. Including good programs. Will be a LONG process for most 23’s. Just like it was for the 22’s and even the 21’s.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard