07/22/13 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

Blackwolf and VLC both have superior HS programs. And U13 and below, Madlax has the numbers, but that is changing now that people know how this club is run.

And neither club above charges a monthly fee.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36466
07/24/13 03:02 PM
07/24/13 03:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

VLC much better, Club Blue will be a good squad next year. MAdLax is finished, hearing players are leaving quickly

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36488
07/24/13 04:34 PM
07/24/13 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every current MadLax parent we spoke with over the past 2 tournament weekends is returning even with "the email"

Not sure who is running

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36500
07/24/13 05:40 PM
07/24/13 05:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every current MadLax parent we spoke with over the past 2 tournament weekends is returning even with "the email"

Not sure who is running

Keep telling yourself that. Some of them are staying because they don't have the stones to say to their kid, "What this man has done (and done before) is wrong, and we are not going to be associated with it". Others will be trying for other clubs and will bolt if they can make those teams (hence the need to remain silent if they don't make it. And others will try out and see what happens, but don't want to rock the boat just yet.

The fact that you need to poll other parents shows that you are nervous, too. As you should be. That house of cards is about to fall apart. More news is likely coming.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36502
07/24/13 05:48 PM
07/24/13 05:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

This should not be a contest. If you are not "running" then your morals and parenting ability is in question. Why would you stay and subject your kid and yourself to this type of abuse. Cause you want a scholarship?? Sad really!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36569
07/25/13 08:33 AM
07/25/13 08:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

This should not be a contest. If you are not "running" then your morals and parenting ability is in question. Why would you stay and subject your kid and yourself to this type of abuse. Cause you want a scholarship?? Sad really!

You are a bad parent if you want your son to get great coaching an play a sport with his friends? Every club has its issues

As for Landon, my son goes there and having someone vouch for you to get in can help - especially with lacrosse

And no - I have no expectation of my child getting a lacrosse scholarship

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36584
07/25/13 09:25 AM
07/25/13 09:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

You are a bad parent if you want your son to get great coaching an play a sport with his friends? Every club has its issues

As for Landon, my son goes there and having someone vouch for you to get in can help - especially with lacrosse

And no - I have no expectation of my child getting a lacrosse scholarship

Every club has it's issues? LOL. Maddux has pissed off people for decades. Look at how he has been fired from every HS job he's ever had.

If you knew anything, you'd know that the kid did not need Maddux to get into Landon. Plenty of other lacrosse people were vouching for him - he didn't need Maddux to do anything. The Bordleys aren't stupid - they know he can play.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36587
07/25/13 09:45 AM
07/25/13 09:45 AM
C
CageSage Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
C

Every club has it's issues? LOL. Maddux has pissed off people for decades. Look at how he has been fired from every HS job he's ever had.

If you knew anything, you'd know that the kid did not need Maddux to get into Landon. Plenty of other lacrosse people were vouching for him - he didn't need Maddux to do anything. The Bordleys aren't stupid - they know he can play.
BOTC is pleased to know that this discussion is involving participants from Maryland, Washington DC, North Carolina, Virginia, and New [lacrosse]. While this discussion about MadLax lacrosse might be seen as a Maryland "problem" with a Maryland "program", the letters that have been made public should be a cause for pause for parents in every lacrosse program to think about how their student-athletes are being respected.

BOTC has received numerous reports from parents who state that they are in the process of leaving the MadLax program over this national story and the approach of Cabell Maddux towards this player and family. There is no situation in coaching that I have every encountered that can justify this coach's attitude. As a coach on the national and regional levels in soccer, the pressure to have a team perform and to place players with college coaches is strong in both sports, but never could I imagine losing sight of the student-athlete's needs first.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #36624
07/25/13 01:10 PM
07/25/13 01:10 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
The other coaches in the Madlax family are all very good people and coaches. And they all handle themselves with class as I have seen.
I had my son read the emails, He also has read what most of the people out here in the cyber world are saying about his club. And he wants to stay with Madlax 100%. I said what do you think about what coach wrote to this kid and his parents. He said " I am not going to quit when I get yelled at". He also said Maddox yells at all of us but he is always right about what he is yelling. I find it kinda funny that this is all over some bad emails. Yes really bad emails but emails. This world is becoming very soft when we get upset over some harsh emails. No child was punched or push to the ground. My son can handle harsh words you would think some parents could also.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36626
07/25/13 01:18 PM
07/25/13 01:18 PM
C
CageSage Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
C

The other coaches in the Madlax family are all very good people and coaches. And they all handle themselves with class as I have seen.
I had my son read the emails, He also has read what most of the people out here in the cyber world are saying about his club. And he wants to stay with Madlax 100%. I said what do you think about what coach wrote to this kid and his parents. He said " I am not going to quit when I get yelled at". He also said Maddox yells at all of us but he is always right about what he is yelling. I find it kinda funny that this is all over some bad emails. Yes really bad emails but emails. This world is becoming very soft when we get upset over some harsh emails. No child was punched or push to the ground. My son can handle harsh words you would think some parents could also.
As I wrote, I could never imagine not having the student-athlete's interest front and center in my coaching career. Do you believe that the student-athlete's well-being was front and center in the coach's thinking? That is a straight forward "Yes" or "No" question.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #36629
07/25/13 01:26 PM
07/25/13 01:26 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
NO but Maddox is not my sons father I am. It will not kill him or harm him for life to be treated harsh or mean. It will help him deal with life in the real world. Maddox is a D__k I am fine with it. My boss just yelled at me and called me names I am out of here. My high school coach is a real hard A-- I guess I am not playing High School Lacrosse. I guess I am coiming from a Working Class life style and I will never get this new way of handling things.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #36632
07/25/13 01:41 PM
07/25/13 01:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by CageSage

BOTC has received numerous reports from parents who state that they are in the process of leaving the MadLax program over this national story and the approach of Cabell Maddux towards this player and family. There is no situation in coaching that I have every encountered that can justify this coach's attitude. As a coach on the national and regional levels in soccer, the pressure to have a team perform and to place players with college coaches is strong in both sports, but never could I imagine losing sight of the student-athlete's needs first.

You mention soccer

As a manager of a Region 1 League soccer team I have had the opportunity to be a part of the sidelines while playing the highest level of competition from around the east coast during league play and country during tournaments.

I have heard some of the nastiest words come out of these coaches directed at their players. The only difference is they weren't in an email to be posted on the internet

What Cabel did wasn't right, but there is some over-reaction going on

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #37372
07/31/13 10:11 PM
07/31/13 10:11 PM
T
Treslacrosseamig Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Treslacrosseamig  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T

Agree about the over reacting. A lot of holier than though, absolutism and judgment going on here. Cabell was wrong no doubt, but there is a lot of madlax baby folks think should be tossed out with the bath water.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Treslacrosseamig] #38779
08/16/13 12:50 PM
08/16/13 12:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cabel was wrong, but did you ever watch te screaming going on on the VLC sidelines? That program no better, especially now that they were "acquired" by the evil empire...Club Blue seems a great alternative in the Virginia region

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #39167
08/22/13 04:42 PM
08/22/13 04:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cabel was wrong, but did you ever watch te screaming going on on the VLC sidelines? That program no better, especially now that they were "acquired" by the evil empire...Club Blue seems a great alternative in the Virginia region

Wrong. VLC is a non-profit, whereas the profits of Madlax go into Cabell's pockets. There is no comparison which program is better.

As for screaming, there is no coach in the VLC program that berates players or goes over the line. I don't think Madlax has any, either, although they used to. But when Cabell coaches, he acts like a maniac.

But coaching decorum isn't the issue. Threatening a kid and family just for deciding to leave is indefensible.

As for Club Blue, it is very affordable, but that program has seen a decline in talent. It's not a good option for a VA kid unless your son is going to Prep.

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 215 1 2 3 4 5 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification