07/18/13 12:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If this were a Football or Basketball coach the story would likely be covered on ESPN

I am surprised by the lack of convesation on this topic within the lacrosse community

How is it possible that Inside Lacrosse didnt get a hold of this?

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #35956
07/18/13 08:48 PM
07/18/13 08:48 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you? And when that same person looks you in the eyes several times and lies to you, how would you react? Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year? I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt. As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses. Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better. If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you. As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #35960
07/18/13 09:11 PM
07/18/13 09:11 PM
C
CageSage Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
C

Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you?
Madlax Dad, thank you for joining the discussion.

Now, before we start, we will let you know that we strongly disagree with your view - but that is fine. We welcome the different views, so let's begin.

Define steal. Giving or awarding a player a "scholarship", most likely because the kid is a "player", is a decision made to attract the player to remain with the club or to cover family financial shortfalls.

and lies to you, how would you react?
If you ask me, it would seem that the "club director" did not "know" his players and their families as well as he/she thinks.

Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year?
Please stop. The child - an eighth grader - is not getting $35,000 in scholarship money and we still disagree with the steal assertion. At some point, being a coach is about HELPING the player achieve his or her goals, not attaining your own goals as an adult.

I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt.
As a youth coach for more than a decade, there is nothing - and I mean nothing - that would cause me to write or address a youngster as this e-mail chain indicated.

As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses.
Naming the kids and knowing the kids are different skill sets.

Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better.
Glad to know that the kids who come through the program improve, but development of a student-athlete extends beyond lacrosse skills.

If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you.
This is not about parents coddling their children. This is exclusively about an out-of-control coach that should have known better.

As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.
"Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas."

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #35965
07/18/13 10:26 PM
07/18/13 10:26 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
I like how you broke down everything I wrote nice work with that. Well as for the cuddling, My understanding is the kid left the program because he was not being told he was great and prefect at all times. I know its hard to tell from the email but Coach does not call the players names and tell them they are bad people. What he does do is point out the faults as they do them. He gets to the point very quickly and clearly. This is how All-Star "futrue All Americans" should be treated. They are told they are great and prefect everywhere they go. And you can see in Pro sports what kids that are told they are great and can do no wrong turn into. I agree in a "Rec" team where kids are not all "egual/ future stars" You have to coach a certain way. I agree Coach lost control in this case and I am sure he agrees he did also. I can tell you as a whole the parents are not going anywhere that are in the program. As for new parents coming to Madlax thats where the club could be hurt.
The steal word was for effect, lets say they cond him out of the money is that better. If they took the $650 and need that money then they really really owe him for getting there kid into that school. If they took the $650 and didnt need the money because they can afford a 35k school thats stealing in my eyes. I am not very smart but I can see how people who do not know the team well and the coach well this looks very very bad. And this story gives people a place to complain threw this story about all the bad coaches they have had over there lives. I can tell you that all the kids at Madlax are safe and everyone can sleep tonight knowing that they are safe and sound.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #35967
07/18/13 10:49 PM
07/18/13 10:49 PM
C
CageSage Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
C

Originally Posted by CageSage
Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse Merges with MadLax Lacrosse

(March, 2013)

Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse and MADLAX recently completed a merger that combines both programs. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will operate under the MADLAX National program umbrella, with a goal to develop one of the nationís strongest and most productive club lacrosse platforms and brands. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will keep the Rock name and colors and operate as Madlax-Rock of Baltimore.
Multiple reports circulating in the last 24 hours suggest that Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse have withdrawn from their relationship with the MadLax program.

It is important to note that BOTC has NOT been able to independently confirm the veracity (SAT Word of the Day) of this story nor have we been able to confirm whether the previously posted links were a catalyst (ACT Word of the Day) in the decision.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #35973
07/19/13 08:41 AM
07/19/13 08:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax Dad: it seems clear that this family took "free" or "discounted" lacrosse from the coach and the program. And it also appears the boy got into a very good school with a very good lacrosse program, at least in part (and perhaps in full) due to the boy's association with the program and the coach's efforts on his behalf. His involvement in the program certainly did not hurt.

I for one agree with the coach when he complained the family was ungrateful. People quit all the time, often for good reasons. And it seems the parents recognized that their son wasn't the next Rabil, which is fair. But what makes them ungrateful is they severed ties in an email to the coach, and did not have the courtesy to speak with him in person. That might have been a scary conversation to have, but sometimes you need to have the courage to face up to that. Moreover, they apparently refused to call the coach after being asked several times to talk. They really did owe the coach and the program more. Had they done so, the results might have been completely different.

And because they controlled the process via email, and chose to ignore requests to talk in person, the parents (inadvertently or otherwise) were setting up someone they likely knew had trouble controlling his emotions. Add to this the fact that only select emails were published from the chain ... we haven't seen the emails from the parents where they are fueling the fire by telling the coach to "Re: Lax" etc. So, they are not innocent in this by a long shot.

That said, an adult simply can't go after a minor like that. Calling people ungrateful might be warranted and true, but the threats cross the line. A coach at any level has to exercise more control over his emotions. While this player and his parents owed him a phone call, the coach owed you guys, your boys, and the organization more restraint and common sense.

Very sorry this played out as it did.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #35981
07/19/13 09:45 AM
07/19/13 09:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run from this program as fast as you can. It started with, I can't make practice because of finals and the coach replies with an insane response. They are STUDENTS first. If the parents kept this kid in the program than they are just as bad as the coach. Don't try and spin this on the family that left. This is about an out of control coach/founder that really doesn't care about his players!!!

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #35989
07/19/13 01:46 PM
07/19/13 01:46 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
The bottom line is the people in the program will look at this as a hole not this one case. And come up with the best thing from them.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #35993
07/19/13 01:50 PM
07/19/13 01:50 PM
NOVA
M
Madlax Dad Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Madlax Dad  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

NOVA
Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36042
07/20/13 01:23 AM
07/20/13 01:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

C'mon dude. Dont defend this disrespectful, manipulative control freak. He is abusive! period! He should step away now. Think Rutgers....

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36120
07/21/13 08:59 PM
07/21/13 08:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf?

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #36145
07/22/13 12:23 AM
07/22/13 12:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous

C'mon dude. Dont defend this disrespectful, manipulative control freak. He is abusive! period! He should step away now. Think Rutgers....

Madlaxdad? No response? Tell us how this coaches actions are different from thosenwe have seen recently in the news. Abuse, intimidation, manipulation. Educators would be fired and prosecuted for this and you want us to sweep it under the rug. Let's hear from you!

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36195
07/22/13 12:23 PM
07/22/13 12:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you? And when that same person looks you in the eyes several times and lies to you, how would you react? Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year? I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt. As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses. Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better. If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you. As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.

I was hoping you were a parody poster, but clearly you are a Madlax dad. Refuting your points will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

1. Without knowing the exact amount, this family did not STEAL money from the owner. They asked and were granted financial aid, which every club gives. Nobody put a gun to Cabell's head. He chose to give them support, at least partly because the kid can play and help his teams win. Be it a youth club or a school, financial aid is a GIFT that an organization grants because they deem it worthwhile. If someone attends Notre Dame, receives a scholarship, and then transfers, did that family STEAL from the school? Of course not. These kids are not indentured servants. If he left (after the season was over, mind you), that is his right. Most normal human beings would wish them well, perhaps invite them back if they don't find things better elsewhere, etc. That is called being an adult.

2. The kid did not need Cabell's help getting into Landon. Are you kidding me? Landon is going to take a kid who can play regardless of what Maddux would say. Not sure which is funnier - Cabell's assertion that he is responsible for the kid attending Landon, or that you believe it.

3. I would not have handled the situation similarly because I am an adult. If a kid wants to leave, wish him well and don't burn bridges. Everyone is allowed to act in what they think is in their son's best interests.

4. Madlax is a better program now because of VLC. Before VLC was started, Madlax took the DC market for granted. You clearly were not part of the program back then. The teams rarely practiced and the coaching was sporadic. Madlax was forced to improve its offering because their program was gutted by tons of kids leaving for VLC. To your point, the owner often neglected several teams and only focused on the most succesful ones. He made things better because of the competition, although now you have to pay a ridiculous monthly fee which costs you more in the long run and keeps people hostage.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36196
07/22/13 12:29 PM
07/22/13 12:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like how you broke down everything I wrote nice work with that. Well as for the cuddling, My understanding is the kid left the program because he was not being told he was great and prefect at all times. I know its hard to tell from the email but Coach does not call the players names and tell them they are bad people. What he does do is point out the faults as they do them. He gets to the point very quickly and clearly. This is how All-Star "futrue All Americans" should be treated. They are told they are great and prefect everywhere they go. And you can see in Pro sports what kids that are told they are great and can do no wrong turn into. I agree in a "Rec" team where kids are not all "egual/ future stars" You have to coach a certain way. I agree Coach lost control in this case and I am sure he agrees he did also. I can tell you as a whole the parents are not going anywhere that are in the program. As for new parents coming to Madlax thats where the club could be hurt.
The steal word was for effect, lets say they cond him out of the money is that better. If they took the $650 and need that money then they really really owe him for getting there kid into that school. If they took the $650 and didnt need the money because they can afford a 35k school thats stealing in my eyes. I am not very smart but I can see how people who do not know the team well and the coach well this looks very very bad. And this story gives people a place to complain threw this story about all the bad coaches they have had over there lives. I can tell you that all the kids at Madlax are safe and everyone can sleep tonight knowing that they are safe and sound.

1. That is not why the kid left the program. But even if that were the case, these families are not slaves. If they choose to leave, they should not have to endure such vitriolic dribble that sounds like it was written by a 13 year old.

2. You are incorrect. There are a lot of families who are bolting for other programs because of this email.

3. Your attempt to defend this email is sad. Are you aware that similar emails/threats were lobbed at other Madlax parents who left the program for other clubs? This is not an isolated incident.

4. Whatever scholarship money was granted to this family is none of our business. As for Landon, how do you know they aren't getting financial assistance for that school as well (as many students there do receive support)?

5. I agree you are not very smart.

6. If you are happy being part of a program that threatens anyone who leaves, that's your call. Many Madlax families are disgusted and embarrassed.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Madlax Dad] #36197
07/22/13 12:30 PM
07/22/13 12:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottom line is the people in the program will look at this as a hole not this one case. And come up with the best thing from them.

This program has sent similar emails/threats to others who left for other clubs.

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 215 1 2 3 4 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification