BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 56 1 2 3 4 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever posted about the Moose director and the program is just a negative angry person spewing detest. Said director is one of the most honest, positive, knowledgeable, passionate, generous people in this crazy lax world. And he was the reason some of the top talent eschewed the franchises and followed him. Things change, but he deserves nothing but respect.

I agree. I have never met anyone with as much love and enthusiasm both for the sport and the kids who play it. I’m really sorry to hear the team broke up.

I’m. not sure of the circumstances, but I have had kids that have played for Moose at other age levels and the only criticism I had was that the Harborfields tended to have a playtime advantage over other kids, regardless of talent or ability. Not sure if that was a factor here, but something the club may want to recognize and try to rectify moving forward.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels already have their fall schedule up.

Thank you for letting us know, I was losing sleep over this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My lacrosse tournaments Last Team Standing and All Star Fall Brawl in October looks like a good weekend of tournaments in PA

Club Nationals in FL dec 31-jan 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever posted about the Moose director and the program is just a negative angry person spewing detest. Said director is one of the most honest, positive, knowledgeable, passionate, generous people in this crazy lax world. And he was the reason some of the top talent eschewed the franchises and followed him. Things change, but he deserves nothing but respect.

I agree. I have never met anyone with as much love and enthusiasm both for the sport and the kids who play it. I’m really sorry to hear the team broke up.

I’m. not sure of the circumstances, but I have had kids that have played for Moose at other age levels and the only criticism I had was that the Harborfields tended to have a playtime advantage over other kids, regardless of talent or ability. Not sure if that was a factor here, but something the club may want to recognize and try to rectify moving forward.

Yes, this is an accurate statement. Favoritism ruined the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"ruined" ? Was it favoritism for better players? If so, that is travel lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has the same favoritism for Massapequa kids. Unfortunately it happens everywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"ruined" ? Was it favoritism for better players? If so, that is travel lacrosse.

Playing the best players isn’t favoritism, and that’s certainly expected in travel lacrosse. The problem comes when less talented players are favored because of relationships with coaches. It happens on all teams and it’s normal to a certain extent for coaches to have players they favor.

There has been a pattern at Moose on several grade levels of favoring Harborfields kids at the expense of kids from other towns. The coaches may not even recognize it. I’m hoping they take it as constructive criticism and work to ensure it doesn’t happen on their remaining teams. I really like this club and want to see them continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair statement and delivery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing the best players isn’t favoritism, and that’s certainly expected in travel lacrosse. The problem comes when less talented players are favored because of relationships with coaches. It happens on all teams and it’s normal to a certain extent for coaches to have players they favor.

There has been a pattern at Moose on several grade levels of favoring Harborfields kids at the expense of kids from other towns. The coaches may not even recognize it. I’m hoping they take it as constructive criticism and work to ensure it doesn’t happen on their remaining teams. I really like this club and want to see them continue.

So if you compare the comments about moose from a year ago, which said "it's so wonderful, a grass roots team, kids love each other, building something, great kids great parents, bla bla" to these comments...you can see that all clubs basically have the same problems. Was a short honeymoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree with the above.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree with the above.

Then what is your explanation for why the 2026 team folded. I'm dying to hear your excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s hear what teams think they got better ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom definitely, did legacy add any firepower?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Moose 2026 team did NOT fold. In fact, they will be a solid team to watch this upcoming year. The 2028 team was a close knit group that played competitive games and was good competition for the other programs. Will see how the boys develop this upcoming year at their new clubs. Every club has pros and cons. Make sure your kid is having fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom definitely, did legacy add any firepower?
We probably would have heard about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play in B brackets and some out of town tourneys. Practice in Seaford off 135 and in Islip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play in B brackets and some out of town tourneys. Practice in Seaford off 135 and in Islip.

Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtle have a solid 2028. Run for the hills before to late. 2 other turtle teams folded today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did moose hold tryouts? Or did they know they were folding?

Maybe “the herd” heard everyone was leaving?

Express and legacy are celebrating this big time. Big clubs losing to Moose is embarrassing. Too bad for them they were unable to add any of those talented players like S2S and venom did.

Was it just the 2028 moose team or other/all grades as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age groups folded?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtle have a solid 2028. Run for the hills before to late. 2 other turtle teams folded today.

Which teams ? So you ran to another B teams !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be nice if people could form coherent sentences

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Moose 2026 team did NOT fold. In fact, they will be a solid team to watch this upcoming year. The 2028 team was a close knit group that played competitive games and was good competition for the other programs. Will see how the boys develop this upcoming year at their new clubs. Every club has pros and cons. Make sure your kid is having fun!

Exactly right. As long as your kid is learning, improving and having FUN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams ? So you ran to another B teams !
There's too many teams out there for club owners to not pay attention to their kids and their product. That's why kids move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What ages folded in Turtles ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only Moose team that folded was '28. Parents all seemingly got along. Kids all seemingly got along. There were plenty of practices, indoor and out, scrimmages, games, leagues and tournaments and head coach was ever present. travel distance for four kids was a headache, lack of playing time for a few and too great a disparity in skill between top and bottom of the roster, not to mention too many kids from one town conspired for the team to disperse. No daggers to throw. It just is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only Moose team that folded was '28. Parents all seemingly got along. Kids all seemingly got along. There were plenty of practices, indoor and out, scrimmages, games, leagues and tournaments and head coach was ever present. travel distance for four kids was a headache, lack of playing time for a few and too great a disparity in skill between top and bottom of the roster, not to mention too many kids from one town conspired for the team to disperse. No daggers to throw. It just is what it is.

Where did all the top kids go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did no kids come to tryouts? Seems kind of petty… few kids leave so you shut down the team? I’d be real happy if I was one of the parents in it for the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did all the top kids go?

Heard Moose kids went to both 91 Venom and Surge, and S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also heard lagacy lost a few kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also heard lagacy lost a few kids
Who or you just talking garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
prob just talking garbage. still the 2nd best team on the island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still the 15th best team in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? Did I miss some rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams did legacy beat. Please do not count ones out of state that 2027’s played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? Did I miss some rankings?

You’re the only one who was triggered. Congrats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MidAtlanric forum suggesting northern teams such as Venom or 2way go down and play FCA, Hawks, Madlax this fall. Sounds like what a lot of the older teams do. I think it’s a great idea

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 27 the only ones that have 27 is 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams did legacy beat. Please do not count ones out of state that 2027’s played.

No 27’s have ever played with the 2028’s. The same rebels parents trying to stir the pot. The 2027 team played at the same time as the 2028 team. Just a parent upset that their team didn’t fare as well in the tournament so they make things up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anything, 91 has a couple of ‘29’s, no 27’s

Page 2 of 56 1 2 3 4 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard