BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 209 of 263 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 262 263
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What the heck is going on at UA? What an embarrassment for LI!

Is this serious ? 2024s never made it to playoffs at AS.
You sound a litter bitter.

SWR coach should be prohibit from coaching in this event.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing new classification numbers move many schools up and down. Trying to find out how many will actually be impact moves South Side is a C hearing manhasset is a B again

I do not think this is known yet but would certainly make things interesting as I’m sure others have shifted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

you guys are really sad, obsessing about statistics. Again, I have never ever seen a goal credited to another player. i would say not a single person on here has seen that in a HS game. perhaps in some silly club game, never a HS game. If Newsday made a mistake, that's on them. Maybe an assist, never a goal. I am betting none of you have either. So really what you are talking about is an assist.

Maybe the densest post EVER.

Yeah you disagree so it’s dense. But still can’t provide a single incident where it happened. Not even one factual and verified event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

you guys are really sad, obsessing about statistics. Again, I have never ever seen a goal credited to another player. i would say not a single person on here has seen that in a HS game. perhaps in some silly club game, never a HS game. If Newsday made a mistake, that's on them. Maybe an assist, never a goal. I am betting none of you have either. So really what you are talking about is an assist.

Yeah you disagree so it’s dense. But still can’t provide a single incident where it happened. Not even one factual and verified event.

Lol, this is an anonymous forum. You really think someone is going to mention their kid? It happens. Fact. The only person that can have it corrected is your coach. A good coach wants the stats to be correct. If it’s wrong don’t be a coward and notify you coach immediately

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the boys Highlight division at UA. I don't think I ever remember them not even making it into the bracket. Who picked this team?

This is disgraceful for LI, but just like to top 50 Nassau/Suffolk, it's all political.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing new classification numbers move many schools up and down. Trying to find out how many will actually be impact moves South Side is a C hearing manhasset is a B again

I do not think this is known yet but would certainly make things interesting as I’m sure others have shifted

It happens a lot. Not Sure which teams are moving, I do know that there are a few schools that are right on the bubble with enrollment numbers every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the boys Highlight division at UA. I don't think I ever remember them not even making it into the bracket. Who picked this team?

This is disgraceful for LI, but just like to top 50 Nassau/Suffolk, it's all political.

Too many S's.One would have sufficed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, this is an anonymous forum. You really think someone is going to mention their kid? It happens. Fact. The only person that can have it corrected is your coach. A good coach wants the stats to be correct. If it’s wrong don’t be a coward and notify you coach immediately

Love the posters who use the term “fact”. It’s not a fact, it’s an opinion. There is no basis to call it a fact without a verified incident. So it’s actually never happened. And now it’s “cowardly” to not correct a missed assist. You have no idea what a coward is, unless you look in the mirror. Now that’s a fact!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the new coach at Massapequa ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of interesting names I’ve heard not sure anyone wants to sign up for all those fantastic parents

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of interesting names I’ve heard not sure anyone wants to sign up for all those fantastic parents

What’s that even mean? The kids shouldn’t play varsity lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What can you do about? Just call these people out and make them look like fools. But honestly most of those guys are so arrogant they don't care.

Shouldn’t be able to coach again if you don’t have a winning record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meaning what coach would want that job with the Pequa parents who just ran the previous coach out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meaning what coach would want that job with the Pequa parents who just ran the previous coach out

Agreed, didn’t understand your initial statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did the coach do?

Agreed, didn’t understand your initial statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy parents have run coaches out of other towns too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Coach Powers out as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents in Pequa are just like every other town, a little nutty. New AD looking to bring in a fresh face, someone she hires.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm calling BS on the new face excuse..... Is she replacing all other successful coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not seeing a lot of 2022 commits. I did see FLG post some late summer commits. I thought it would be more active. You all think with 5 grades now playing college, this is impacting recruiting or a lot was done early on?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not seeing a lot of 2022 commits. I did see FLG post some late summer commits. I thought it would be more active. You all think with 5 grades now playing college, this is impacting recruiting or a lot was done early on?

I think the pandemic has messed with recruiting for sure. I also think great lacrosse is being played in other parts of the country so LI numbers aren't the only part of the story...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the other coaches were successful this year and did not play favorites. All finished better than 500 so they are staying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoreham Wading River and Mount Sinai took down LI UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess would be the entire staff is not renewed. Powers and the rest all had ties to prior coach. They don’t stay on without him out of loyalty.

New coach will have an entirely new staff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its sad because there are many 2022's that are more deserving than some 2023's especially since a lot of 2022's are still trying to get recruited. Im not saying they aren't good players but I believe some 2022's could have done just a good of a job or even better. But since this LI so lets just hijack the event and make sure there classmates are there too. 50% of team is MS and Shoreham.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess would be the entire staff is not renewed. Powers and the rest all had ties to prior coach. They don’t stay on without him out of loyalty.

You’re not from Massapequa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the other coaches were successful this year and did not play favorites. All finished better than 500 so they are staying

Which one of them has two NYS titles in the last 7 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker

I think the pandemic has messed with recruiting for sure. I also think great lacrosse is being played in other parts of the country so LI numbers aren't the only part of the story...

It is definitely true that other parts of the country have cut into the number of commits from Long Island. It would be interesting to see how many total kids from Long Island compared to nationally committed for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. If we had those numbers it would give us a better understanding if there are less recruits from Long Island or it just seems like less because the recruiting process has slowed down since early commitItting ended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer has 3 or 4 in past 10 years. Coaches daughters were on the teams but the difference is he didn't sacrifice a season for his daughter and her friends. That why he is still the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every day college teams are posting one or two kids deciding to play another year. It’s common sense that it is effecting the younger possible recruits. It’s changed the landscape. Kids who would be possibly going big DI or Ivy are now going NESCACS and it’s trickling down. The colleges are benefiting and HS kids are getting screwed. Lacrosse has always been the Wild Wild West. Why would that change now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every day college teams are posting one or two kids deciding to play another year. It’s common sense that it is effecting the younger possible recruits. It’s changed the landscape. Kids who would be possibly going big DI or Ivy are now going NESCACS and it’s trickling down. The colleges are benefiting and HS kids are getting screwed. Lacrosse has always been the Wild Wild West. Why would that change now?

So sad. The HS kids keep getting screwed. Only thing you’re wrong about is Ivies. Most of them don’t allow a 5th year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its sad because there are many 2022's that are more deserving than some 2023's especially since a lot of 2022's are still trying to get recruited. Im not saying they aren't good players but I believe some 2022's could have done just a good of a job or even better. But since this LI so lets just hijack the event and make sure there classmates are there too. 50% of team is MS and Shoreham.

Well, that totally backfired! Embarrassing for LI Lacrosse. Also, not fair to the deserving 22’ players who needed exposure in such a tough year with a lost year last year! SELFISH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a few high academic schools cut their recruiting class for HS 2022s by 30% So the squeeze is real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better watch out. When this was mentioned about the 2021 class, who lost their most important junior year, it was because the kids stunk and should have reclassified. Bunch of knuckleheads on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a few high academic schools cut their recruiting class for HS 2022s by 30% So the squeeze is real.

Don’t know the data, but with 5 grades now prevalent on the college level, there is likely less spots. A 5th year 23 year old is much more of value it seems than an 18 year old unproven. These coaches are under pressure to run a successful program and I would focus on grad transfers. I think the NCAA should have granted the extra year this year to those seniors, but ended it there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Massapequa have a faceoff kid this year? Asking for a friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t know the data, but with 5 grades now prevalent on the college level, there is likely less spots. A 5th year 23 year old is much more of value it seems than an 18 year old unproven. These coaches are under pressure to run a successful program and I would focus on grad transfers. I think the NCAA should have granted the extra year this year to those seniors, but ended it there.
Some schools will be impacted more than others but it’s simple math and rosters will be crowded for a few more years and due to that the transfer portal will be crowded and because of that coaches will comitt less kids and shop for other spots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, that totally backfired! Embarrassing for LI Lacrosse. Also, not fair to the deserving 22’ players who needed exposure in such a tough year with a lost year last year! SELFISH

Even if you take the suffolk team, atl 2022's when they played Nassau they would have ran everyone off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina and Taylor are an embarrassment to youth lacrosse. Crooked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did the massapequa coach do to get fired?

Like Reply Quote
Page 209 of 263 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 262 263
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard