BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 79 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard a lot of RR helmets were at Team Ten tryouts.. Are they making an all star team?
My son was one of those RR helmets at TT. Doubtful we make a move there or anywhere unless a bunch of others do, but would be nice to have some coaching stability.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a lot of RR helmets were at Team Ten tryouts.. Are they making an all star team?

Only team worse than the RR is MP team so doubt TT wants any sloppy seconds from B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team worse than the RR is MP team so doubt TT wants any sloppy seconds from B teams.

Yep, that why TT pulled kids from Mesa in the spring league championship for the 2027s and still lost to RR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, that why TT pulled kids from Mesa in the spring league championship for the 2027s and still lost to RR.

Come on man.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s lots of different helmets at all tryouts. Parents and kids are checking things out. We should support each other in this area vs bashing like the MD and LI crews. #PhillyPride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s lots of different helmets at all tryouts. Parents and kids are checking things out. We should support each other in this area vs bashing like the MD and LI crews. #PhillyPride

This guy gets it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The concept that a school can only be good at either academics or sports (not both) is just notIntelligent. Success on the field has nothing to do with a lack of success in the classroom. "Used to be a strong academic school" is a statement made by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Exactly. A lot of private school haters in the forum making up stuff, too. Someone quoted Malvern tuition at $68k — you can Google their web site and in 10 seconds you’ll have a factual answer ($36.4K in the upper school). Also factual, Malvern’s web site lists college acceptances over the past few years. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Stanford, MIT, Hopkins, Cornell, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Un of Chicago, Duke, NYU, Carnegie Mellon, UC Berkeley, UCLA, etc. Not bad considering they “used to be a strong academic school.” Geez.

Definitely some bright students at Malvern who are on scholarship. Those students keep the bar high. Many of the those being accepted into college are either the premiere student or on sports scholarship. The reason I say this is that I had a family member go to Malvern after being at another school. Not a particularly great student....could not be in the honors classes at his old school. In Malvern, almost all straight A's. His words not mine.....Malvern is incredibly easy. Before you say I am a "hater"....know that I support Malvern through donations. I think they produce wonderful men who value service and community which is more important to me then academics. That being said, this is not the Malvern or 20 years ago academically, not even close.

Way to rep Malvern & HS with a great week of wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy gets it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PA lacrosse on the map in final rankings out of USCL

2022 #5 Mesa, Freedom #16

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Congrats to all the local teams. Maybe I am just of out the loop, but who is the 2027 Team PA? Is that a new organization or a one off team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Congrats to all the local teams. Maybe I am just of out the loop, but who is the 2027 Team PA? Is that a new organization or a one off team?

From what I understand, it's a hand picked all-star team that only plays tourneys together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like you have no clue what your talking about as it appears RR kids came to TT and took a lot of positions away. Even the RR coaches kid left, what happened with RR?

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Essentially Tigers XXVII without playing as many tourneys and much less obnoxious coaching and parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Essentially Tigers XXVII without playing as many tourneys and much less obnoxious coaching and parents.
lol, so not as many 55 yr old dads, driving their Porsches and talking about the slums they have to drive through to get from Lower Merion to the shore? got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

lol, so not as many 55 yr old dads, driving their Porsches and talking about the slums they have to drive through to get from Lower Merion to the shore? got it

Must be an out of state troll as Philly lacrosse celebrates its success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 na

2024 #18 BL

2025 #7 HHH

2026 #3 Tigers XXVI

2027 #7 Team PA

Sounds like you need a hug, therapy and a nap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't argue with that. All three would be nice, but no one respects these one off of age group teams. Philly has some great lax CLUBS. We don't need single age pseudo all-star teams to rep the PHL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't argue with that. All three would be nice, but no one respects these one off of age group teams. Philly has some great lax CLUBS. We don't need single age pseudo all-star teams to rep the PHL.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous

True, short term it puts our allstar team against other teams but then what? It’s not building on anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tigers arent a "build and develop" team they are a swap for the next best type team. They have their place and certainly win games, but the focus is winning not development. Thats why most of the time you get the dad coaches and a few colllege kids. the big gun coaches show up here and there

[quote=Anonymous]

[quote=Anonymous

True, short term it puts our allstar team against other teams but then what? It’s not building on anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed....trophy chasing teams (GRADES 5-8) rarely develop the talent of the team. Even the top players on those trophy chasing teams tend to regress because they are asked to shoulder the load constantly and rely on athleticism that gets equaled when they get to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tigers arent a "build and develop" team they are a swap for the next best type team. They have their place and certainly win games, but the focus is winning not development. Thats why most of the time you get the dad coaches and a few colllege kids. the big gun coaches show up here and there

[quote=Anonymous]

[quote=Anonymous

stop the cap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

[/quote
stop the cap

this made me laugh! Nice work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, short term it puts our allstar team against other teams then what? It’s not building on anything.[/quote][/quote]

It shows that Pa can compete with the elite, sorry your kid wasn’t on the team but it does build on something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, short term it puts our allstar team against other teams then what? It’s not building on anything.
[/quote]

It shows that Pa can compete with the elite, sorry your kid wasn’t on the team but it does build on something.[/quote]
Not sure I agree. We need a true all-star club with multiple age groups for Philly, not random one off age group teams. We have the talent here, but too many clubs that dilute the talent pool. We need a Philly all-stars on top of all the great local clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes did it first. Assembled all star teams of Philly players so they could compete against MD and NY. That was 20 some years ago and then they morphed into 37 different "teams" and watered down their organization with little to no development. Every couple years a dad gets excited and tries to do a one off team again to win at the youth level for some reason instead of developing his kid for the next level. Youth sports is crazy. Have your boy play with a club that focuses on developing players and not just winning youth tourneys and he'll be better off in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes did it first. Assembled all star teams of Philly players so they could compete against MD and NY. That was 20 some years ago and then they morphed into 37 different "teams" and watered down their organization with little to no development. Every couple years a dad gets excited and tries to do a one off team again to win at the youth level for some reason instead of developing his kid for the next level. Youth sports is crazy. Have your boy play with a club that focuses on developing players and not just winning youth tourneys and he'll be better off in the long run.

Who would that be? Honestly asking as the clubs have no loyalty to the kids. Let’s start with Delco and Chester County….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed....trophy chasing teams (GRADES 5-8) rarely develop the talent of the team. Even the top players on those trophy chasing teams tend to regress because they are asked to shoulder the load constantly and rely on athleticism that gets equaled when they get to HS.

You sound amazing what is your team ranked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams take the best players that show up to tryouts, thats why they hold them each year. RR, Freedom and NXT all seem to have two teams at most age groups and I would think there is movement each year between their A & B teams for kids who improved and those that didnt keep up. One off teams have their place, however they are focused on winning and those that don't start probasee limited time in games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound amazing what is your team ranked?

Hahahhahaha... this guy. They are 12, I'm less concerned about the team ranking and my child improving and learning the game. Are your kids trophies in your room or his?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it fair to say the Philly market has enough talent to only support two elite programs per grad year? I’m not real familiar with the 23 and 24 groups. 25’ has Triple H and Team Ten. 26’ is a bit different because of Tigers but Freedom and NXT are in the mix. RR was in the conversation at 26’ but seems to be falling apart as a whole in Phila. Now that the 27 RR team has completely fallen apart and it’s players spread out to a number of different clubs will it make other clubs that much better? Basically is the Philly area too watered down with too many clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it fair to say the Philly market has enough talent to only support two elite programs per grad year? I’m not real familiar with the 23 and 24 groups. 25’ has Triple H and Team Ten. 26’ is a bit different because of Tigers but Freedom and NXT are in the mix. RR was in the conversation at 26’ but seems to be falling apart as a whole in Phila. Now that the 27 RR team has completely fallen apart and it’s players spread out to a number of different clubs will it make other clubs that much better? Basically is the Philly area too watered down with too many clubs?

And what is up with 28’s? Why is there no good 28 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 28 is very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are so many clubs around Philly that it could be watered down. 2027 Team Ten appears to have scooped up most of the 27 RR talent so they should be dominate in this area but will probably lose to most of the elite MD teams. The area has talent but maybe most players/parents/coaches avoid forming super teams (Hawks ect) as it is not beneficial to the development of each player. Not much benefit of being a 4th line middie or 5th long pole on a team if your not playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at most ages, the top players consolidate enough that it is not an issue that we have so many clubs in this area. The '26s like you said are the one obvious age where talent is very spread out. After Tigers, there are a handful of teams that are very equal and all beat each other: NXT, RR, Freedom, Mesa. Pretty much a complete toss up when those clubs play each other. Outside of the Top 10 or so in the country, those teams can hang with anyone but maybe if those 4 combined into 2 teams, they would compete with the 5-10 teams nationally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are so many clubs around Philly that it could be watered down. 2027 Team Ten appears to have scooped up most of the 27 RR talent so they should be dominate in this area but will probably lose to most of the elite MD teams. The area has talent but maybe most players/parents/coaches avoid forming super teams (Hawks ect) as it is not beneficial to the development of each player. Not much benefit of being a 4th line middie or 5th long pole on a team if your not playing

Do you really think there’s a concerted effort to not form “super teams” in Phila? What are they doing differently in MD and LI that those teams are generally stronger and placing higher in big tournaments? I doubt they have better athletes.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think there’s a concerted effort to not form “super teams” in Phila? What are they doing differently in MD and LI that those teams are generally stronger and placing higher in big tournaments? I doubt they have better athletes.
They don't have better athletes but they do have better lacrosse players overall. Lax is a bigger focus in MD and LI even for their multi sport athletes. My son only plays lax as he doesn't enjoy any other sports, but in the fall 90% of his teammates focus on football and only play lax on Sundays. In the winter, 80% are playing hoops and a couple others playing hockey and don't even pick up their lax sticks. Philly just isn't at the same level of lax love and focus as MD and LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask the Tigers as they seem to be the only team to actually win and beat MD and LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RR 26 kept their whole team together plus added some. Club is a wreck, but that team remains strong and is probably third best in Philly after Tigers and NXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on pal stop equating development and losing. Teams that have developed players win. Teams that lose are not developed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on pal stop equating development and losing. Teams that have developed players win. Teams that lose are not developed.
Philly isn't as good as MD and LI in lax. There is no shame in it, just a simple fact. LI doesn't nothing but play lax, it's what kids are born to play there. They stink at football, basketball, soccer and any other sport played by many kids. If we got all of football and hoops stars playing lax at a young age it would be different and progress has been made but it is still a far cry from MD an LI overall.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 79 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard