BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Girls 2027 (7th Graders) pertaining to the Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Jesters for this year? Is it more for the average player? Who are the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on Jesters for this year? Is it more for the average player? Who are the coaches?

Not sure about coaches but their A team is pretty good and the B team isn’t. This is solely based on research I did on their results from tournaments this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Liberty B team walk on or do they actually make cuts? Nobody seems to mention this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about coaches but their A team is pretty good and the B team isn’t. This is solely based on research I did on their results from tournaments this summer.

Their A team is past summer was not good at all!
Couldn’t compete with any decent teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are good. There are some good girls on that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the losses. Tied a few and lost an handful of 1 and 2 goal games. They played some good teams. Adding a few good players will make them stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Liberty B team walk on or do they actually make cuts? Nobody seems to mention this team.

Liberty Red is a walk-on. If your kid is serious about lax, don’t waste your money. Find another club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2027 A team is one of the weaker ‘A’ teams on the island and the B team is just stealing money from those parents. Jesters have some good teams in other ages, but this isn’t one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2027 A team is one of the weaker ‘A’ teams on the island and the B team is just stealing money from those parents. Jesters have some good teams in other ages, but this isn’t one of them.

Top teams in this age group are YJ Graz, FLG Navy, TG Black and Liberty Black.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls 2028...Thoughts on Liberty, FLG, 91 & Recon. Recon is new to this age. What are your thoughts in joining a brand new team with a really talented player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls 2028...Thoughts on Liberty, FLG, 91 & Recon. Recon is new to this age. What are your thoughts in joining a brand new team with a really talented player?

Wrong thread buddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG and Liberty are not even close to YG and FLG at this age. I would say the YJ “B” team is better than both TG and Liberty A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much movement this tryout season - but YJ B team was not very good as it was. Strong players not on YJ Grazzy or FLG are finding those other strong teams to push to the next level - heck even girls on those first two teams have switched around this year. Interesting to see where it all shakes out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns didn’t win one thing all season and there coaching
Is horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is horrible.

As horrible as your grammar? I guess you never learned the difference between their or there. Or they’re!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 27 ascending.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is horrible.
Agree the TG coaching is horrible and yes they didn't win one thing all season. But at least they entered some real tournaments. FLG only played in cupcake tournaments, it would be interesting to see how they would do if they actually played some real tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much movement this tryout season - but YJ B team was not very good as it was. Strong players not on YJ Grazzy or FLG are finding those other strong teams to push to the next level - heck even girls on those first two teams have switched around this year. Interesting to see where it all shakes out.

My kid didn’t try out for many teams. What movement did you see? Curious where girls from Grazzy or FLG would go. Any other team would be a step down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be accurate for this age group, it’s YJ Grazadei, flg Navy then a pretty big drop off, liberty black, empire, YJ gaghan, TG black then a drop off, elevate, YJ Palermo, legacy, jesters, then a drop off for anyone else like blue devils, 91bandits and the b teams. And tradition is prob in the second grouping, but not sure if they count bc they’re just GC. Will be interesting to see if pieces shuffled around this summer and any changes among the top teams. MY guess is grazadei gets stronger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun’s will be very good next year. They had a tough year because half of the team belonged on purple. This year they will have a purple team and their top team will be very strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun’s will be very good next year. They had a tough year because half of the team belonged on purple. This year they will have a purple team and their top team will be very strong.
Top Guns 27 black will be fine lost to Grazzy 27 at Hofstra tournament 10-5 playing all their kids against the 14 kids Grazzy plays all the time anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 27 black will be fine lost to Grazzy 27 at Hofstra tournament 10-5 playing all their kids against the 14 kids Grazzy plays all the time anyway.

What’s the word on Grazzy? Been hearing that parents of girls who never see field are fuming and looking elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Graz did not play Hofstra

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Graz did not play Hofstra

Top Guns did equal playing time the whole Hofstra tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are talking about the North Shore team made up of almost entirely YJ Graz players including the one player the entire team runs through

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. guess he didn't get asked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

YJ is a top notch club. If there was a problem they will fix it. Great training and best tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a lot of talk about the parent coaches on this team but I don't think they are the issue. The head coach, Grazadei, is not a parent coach, and quite honestly he is the issue. This team is very good and could be great if they had the right coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a lot of talk about the parent coaches on this team but I don't think they are the issue. The head coach, Grazadei, is not a parent coach, and quite honestly he is the issue. This team is very good and could be great if they had the right coach.[/quote]

Is that what most of the team parents feel or a few disgruntled ones? What’s the big problem with his coaching style? Seems good coaching almost impossible to find for this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a lot of talk about the parent coaches on this team but I don't think they are the issue. The head coach, Grazadei, is not a parent coach, and quite honestly he is the issue. This team is very good and could be great if they had the right coach.

Is that what most of the team parents feel or a few disgruntled ones? What’s the big problem with his coaching style? Seems good coaching almost impossible to find for this age[/quote]
Of course the disgruntled ones(more than a few) but also from a few starters. His coaching style is too yell at the girls the whole game. Personally I think at this age they need to make mistake and learn from them. It's hard to think for yourself when he is screaming in your ear. Also if you want your daughter to get better don't expect to get it from his practices. There is way too much sitting around. FYI he will be more than happy to take your money to privately train your girl. Then you have his communication skills, the way he talks to the kids and parents is ridiculous. This is the YJ A team they will always be good, even if they had a parent coach who never played they would still be good. This is a special team and could be great, just need the right coach to take them to that level, and sorry it's not him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be accurate for this age group, it’s YJ Grazadei, flg Navy then a pretty big drop off, liberty black, empire, YJ gaghan, TG black then a drop off, elevate, YJ Palermo, legacy, jesters, then a drop off for anyone else like blue devils, 91bandits and the b teams. And tradition is prob in the second grouping, but not sure if they count bc they’re just GC. Will be interesting to see if pieces shuffled around this summer and any changes among the top teams. MY guess is grazadei gets stronger

Genuine question as this is our first kid going through lax on LI (in a younger age group) If you are on GC tradition in the second grouping, is it worth trying to get on onto a YJ/ tier 1 team or is the name of the game playing time hoping for the coaches to get our team to big tournaments. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple thoughts, 1. Your daughter is no longer going to be on that team so your taking your shot at the coach. Sad. Move on. 2. Your daughter will still be on that team, and you continue to bring her to a team with a coach that you say is so terrible. Sad. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We won’t know how teams shake out until after yj tryouts at the end of the month.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genuine question as this is our first kid going through lax on LI (in a younger age group) If you are on GC tradition in the second grouping, is it worth trying to get on onto a YJ/ tier 1 team or is the name of the game playing time hoping for the coaches to get our team to big tournaments. Thanks!

Name of the game at younger age is def. training, playing and finding joy in the game! If your daughter not happy on a team. Don’t stay!
You should start to know by 7/8th grade the ability and commitment level of your kid. If they are serious and committed, Try to position your daughter on a team that suits her abilities. Changing teams after 8th will only get harder. There is every type of team on LI for every level of player. The “best” is what’s best for your kid! smile Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is a top notch club. If there was a problem they will fix it. Great training and best tournaments.

Training is meh. You can pay extra for private training with coach if you want to. Practices are very technical focused on offensive plays which don't really work and revolve around the best player. I think if you polled most parents of starters and bench warmers very few would say their daughter got better. Team camaraderie is good but there is a lot of smack talk on the sidelines about the poor coaching. Team is loaded with talent so they can win despite all of it but sort of a lost year. Problem is if you're on the team looking for an alternative there really isn't much out there. If you're thinking of coming, your daughter probably isn't an upgrade and starters not changing. And only starters play in the important games which is basically all the games in the elite summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Training is meh. You can pay extra for private training with coach if you want to. Practices are very technical focused on offensive plays which don't really work and revolved around the best player. I think if you polled most parents of starters and bench warmers very few would say their daughter got better. Team camaraderie is good but there is a lot of smack talk on the sidelines about the poor coaching. Team is loaded with talent so they can win despite all of it but sort of a lost year. Problem is if you're on the team looking for an alternative there really isn't much out there. If you're thinking of coming, your daughter probably isn't an upgrade and starters not changing. And only starters play in the important games which is basically all the games in the elite summer tournaments.

Sounds like every club except for the highly competitive tournaments. Basically you train on your own and play on a team where you can compete. Find that and you’ve found the right team. No matter where you are you need to train on your own. Get better and build confidence. If you are good get on a team that actually competes in real tournaments. Enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard