BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 138 of 313 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really interesting to see the results from the last couple of tournaments for the '23 Hawks and Crabs. Both teams have gone down the path of adding older out of state players instead of actually coaching and developing their existing players and both have gotten spanked in tournament play. Wonder what their plans will be for next year?

Win Baby, Win . The cat is out of bag in MIAA. Not enough true athletes in MIAA lacrosse to compete against teams that have them. holdback advantage is nil now as all MIAA schools eventually went that route. Now the schools with out of state athletes will/are at top of heap ( CH for three straight Titles) . Several schools this year along with clubs are bringing in out of town Athletes to compete.

Like the coach always says...cant teach speed and athleticism.

Well both of these clubs brought in out of state athletes who were older, bigger, faster, stronger and they still lost big time this summer. To me that means sub par coaching.

At this age creating team culture and coaching (developing) your players is what creates a winning team.

Agree, But [3-4] MIAA coaches are not agreeing with us. If rumors are correct, next year will be interesting with these out of state players.

Fixed it for ya.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA event and rosters are incredibly watered down this year - King Crab and his National All Star Games took a toll on Corrigan's event.

You can play in both, so why would it matter? Oh sorry, you are trying to hype the B'more crustaceans ...please continue
A number of events impacted UA, but there is no debate that the NASG rosters were more loaded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA event and rosters are incredibly watered down this year - King Crab and his National All Star Games took a toll on Corrigan's event.

You can play in both, so why would it matter? Oh sorry, you are trying to hype the B'more crustaceans ...please continue

Actually I wasn't trying to hype the crabs, was just commenting on what I noticed from looking at the rosters. I did hear that king crab advised current crabs players to not participate in the UA games (meaning don't play in those or else) which is absurd.

Would be curious to hear from anyone who is at the games - is there a good turnout from recruiters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I wasn't trying to hype the crabs, was just commenting on what I noticed from looking at the rosters. I did hear that king crab advised current crabs players to not participate in the UA games (meaning don't play in those or else) which is absurd.

Would be curious to hear from anyone who is at the games - is there a good turnout from recruiters?
King crab has been saying that for years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A number of events impacted UA, but there is no debate that the NASG rosters were more loaded.

Loaded? What does that mean? Are you referring to the same old same old players that lose this event every year from Baltimore or LI teams? Kids that made this years team all earned a spot on rosters based off the actual tryout- Like always the college coaches are out in full force-

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Maryland team is missing most of the top players. Most MIAA teams were playing for their schools at a high school tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the next few years club will end after 8th grade . The high school tournaments are taking precedent. Much better for college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the next few years club will end after 8th grade . The high school tournaments are taking precedent. Much better for college coaches.

We can only Dream. Not going to happen. To many HS coaches make money off of clubs including most MIAA coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched both of the all star events there is/was plenty of talent at both. Some of the teams are stronger at UA and others were stronger at NAS. There are lots of coaches at UA as there was at NAS. The most coaches at tournaments this summer had to be Crab Feast and Naptown. It is another good weekend watching lots of talented players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please name the coaches.... those who ran the club tournaments are the ones who are running the high school based tournaments. There will still be club for the none high school

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Spallina’s team get beat down so badly at UA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I think S is a good player, I predict at college level he will be an average player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the Team District evaluators picked the right players and Spalina is over-hyped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I think S is a good player, I predict at college level he will be an average player.

Are you saying. you think S has “peaked”? Glory days are over?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the lefty attack going to cuse who played on UA team? Always hear mixed things

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From long island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, I think his athleticism will not be enough in D1 college. He might play and start one day, not sure about that even, just wont be the superstar many think he will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you first hand that the talent on the NASG for the 2024s was off the charts loaded compared to the UA command team. Having said that, there was also about a 1/3 cross over between the two teams. Most of the NASG players I know were discouraged from UA too. Maybe bc I think a lot of coaches think it was way way too much lax for all of the boys this summer. We personally saw more injuries this year than ever…whether it was CoVId out of shape stuff or just too much repetition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would disagree. The Nike event had at least twice as many college coaches at 2022/2023 age group/ compared to UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would disagree. The Nike event had at least twice as many college coaches at 2022/2023 age group/ compared to UA

Disagree about the same. Both events are good for any kid playing. When coaches start to tell you what events you can attend it’s time to move from that coach. Fat crab tell kids not to attend UA is embarrassing. He wants NIke to become a bigger event so his pockets get bigger. Than funnel all his crabs player to that event.

NLF is doing the same squeezing all the small clubs out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree about the same. Both events are good for any kid playing. When coaches start to tell you what events you can attend it’s time to move from that coach. Fat crab tell kids not to attend UA is embarrassing. He wants NIke to become a bigger event so his pockets get bigger. Than funnel all his crabs player to that event.

NLF is all about money and Crabby is the head of that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, I think his athleticism will not be enough in D1 college. He might play and start one day, not sure about that even, just wont be the superstar many think he will be.

Here is my assessment our youngest played before a 91 game at NLF and I was skeptical prior and wanted to see it myself and to be really fair up at that event he was unguardable what I saw in a playoff game extremely impressive to the point we walked back for their semi final the next day and were equally impressed (son plays attack ) so we wanted to see it and he likes to watch different type players This past weekend we caught the last three quarters of DC vs LI game after ours and I agree he definitely didn’t have the same pop in that game and without that pop he comes back to pack a bit . Besides S the Long Island team as a whole looked exhausted and the DC boys were excellent and I didn’t mind watching LI get the beat down. Overall District evaluators did a great job picking teams.
Best news is now kids can turn it off fir a few weeks Have a great end of the summer before football and fall ball starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs only priority should be getting athletes exposure anything more and it isn’t pretty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Baltimore team make the Finals in the 2022 division? I watched the championship game and I haven't heard of half their roster. Could that be the reason? No Lids jr playing, no Lids SR coaching. No Crabs, No Hawks, No FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Baltimore team make the Finals in the 2022 division? I watched the championship game and I haven't heard of half their roster. Could that be the reason? No LJ playing, no LS coaching. No Crabs, No Hawks, No FCA

Inconceivable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Baltimore team make the Finals in the 2022 division? I watched the championship game and I haven't heard of half their roster. Could that be the reason? No LJ playing, no LR coaching. No Crabs, No Hawks, No FCA

They were there , iron sharpens iron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Baltimore team make the Finals in the 2022 division? I watched the championship game and I haven't heard of half their roster. Could that be the reason? No LJ playing, no LS coaching. No Crabs, No Hawks, No FCA

They were there , iron sharpens iron.

Balty was 6-0 heading into the championship game including a 9-5 win over Upstate NY to get into the final game. They were loaded and played very well through all six games. Seems like DC earning the Bye and sleeping in on Sunday while Balty played an extra game was very helpful. In the championship, DC looked fresher and more energetic, DC was winning most/all the FOs, and DC was clearly the better team on that afternoon. Congrats to both teams. Hotbed players doing hotbed things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like injuries have caught up to the BL A/M DP doesn’t look like a top 15 talent anymore and I had the opportunity to watch several games this week. After ghosting our team all summer other than one cameo he is all of a sudden healthy enough to play against us. Looks uninspired and certainly isn’t fatigued as most other kids have played many more events Go Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like injuries have caught up to the BL A/M DP doesn’t look like a top 15 talent anymore and I had the opportunity to watch several games this week. After ghosting our team all summer other than one cameo he is all of a sudden healthy enough to play against us. Looks uninspired and certainly isn’t fatigued as most other kids have played many more events Go Hawks
Wow. Judge much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong on most accounts. Both you and your son should hit the proverbial wall! A ton of top kids in DMV didn’t do all of the showcases this year. UA was later than usual and butted up against a dead period and the traditional end of summer tournament Lake Placid. Hence it was significantly watered down depth wise this year. Plenty of great players participated but the field just wasn’t very deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Judge much?

Just stating the obvious and an opinion many share

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Judge much?

Just stating the obvious and an opinion many share

He looked head and shoulders above any other lefty out there. Most likely start at attack in his first year at D1, I see a 4 year starter. Possible future Tewaaraton candidate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure I had the misfortune of sitting near this Hawks parent up at Lake Placid the past few days. Loudmouth. Pretty low to write about a kid like this in an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The negative people come out of the woodwork here under the guise of "just being an impartial lacrosse observer."

It's BS.

None of these people have likely ever played the game and appreciate that those of us who have understand it's a fraternity. And we are all members.

The negative talk smacks of jealousy and envy. Gotta knock down other kids/teams so they feel better about their own kids/teams.

Had the pleasure of watching the BL attackman up close as a coach for another team. He is a great player and seems to be a nice kid and well liked on and off the field. He'll do well at the college level. YOu never know who will or will not have success in college. Just enjoy the ride and appreciate the good play on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure I had the misfortune of sitting near this Hawks parent up at Lake Placid the past few days. Loudmouth. Pretty low to write about a kid like this in an anonymous forum.

Don’t believe it is a Hawk parent either. There is one poster on this forum who loves to bash the Hawks. Any D1 coach would love to have this player. Trust me, you can’t replicate the speed, quickness, shot velocity and competitiveness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The negative people come out of the woodwork here under the guise of "just being an impartial lacrosse observer."

It's BS.

None of these people have likely ever played the game and appreciate that those of us who have understand it's a fraternity. And we are all members.

The negative talk smacks of jealousy and envy. Gotta knock down other kids/teams so they feel better about their own kids/teams.

Had the pleasure of watching the BL attackman up close as a coach for another team. He is a great player and seems to be a nice kid and well liked on and off the field. He'll do well at the college level. YOu never know who will or will not have success in college. Just enjoy the ride and appreciate the good play on the field.

Don’t believe it is a Hawk parent either. There is one poster on this forum who loves to bash the Hawks. Any D1 coach would love to have this player. Trust me, you can’t replicate the speed, quickness, shot velocity and competitiveness.

Wrong plays with us when it’s convenient and you wouldn’t like that either and my only point is that he has regressed whether it’s injury (rumor) or not it’s factual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab feast did not have a better line up than Naptown at 2023. Brotherly Love won the championship at Crab feast for 2023. Not even a top 20 team at that year and Naptown had the best in country at 23. DC Dogs, Hawks LB3, Prime Time, Mad Dog (CA), True National and Pro Start are the top at that year. Naptown is becoming the elite tournament in the country for sure.

Pro Start..... hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Pro start goalie dad again😂😂 lol. Keep thinking SP can beat Spalding

Not sure how that could possibly be the ProStart goalie dad posting. He has never been on here before.....until today!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever keeps talking about the Prostart goalie's number being called by mistake is obviously not in the loop. The kid deserved to make the team last year - he is good and he played well at UA. The number called by mistake for the callback game on the day of tryouts... was an obvious fluke and if you were there last year - you would know this. The kids number that was called by mistake only played a half of a half of the final callback game and didn't make the final team.

Stop trying to put people down on an anonymous forum big guy.

The goalie last year who mistakenly made the callback game was not the Prostart goalie. It was a kid who was very clearly outmatched in every prelim game.

Ok, but was the prostart goalies number called yesterday? I heard there were only 3 teams of players at the tryouts because so many of the top players opted not to try out this year. So if he is top 5 in the country, and there were only a handful of goalies at the event, he must of made it right?

If anyone would like to talk about the ProStart/SP goalie feel free to give me a call. Would love to have an honest/non-anonymous conversation with anyone who needs anything cleared up about him, me, family, dogs, etc. I've never been on here before, so curious what this imposter is posting!
Rob Shepherd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna park won states with a kid who lives in annapolis?

Senior who's parents moved to Annapolis his senior year. Good kid!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever keeps talking about the Prostart goalie's number being called by mistake is obviously not in the loop. The kid deserved to make the team last year - he is good and he played well at UA. The number called by mistake for the callback game on the day of tryouts... was an obvious fluke and if you were there last year - you would know this. The kids number that was called by mistake only played a half of a half of the final callback game and didn't make the final team.

Stop trying to put people down on an anonymous forum big guy.

The goalie last year who mistakenly made the callback game was not the Prostart goalie. It was a kid who was very clearly outmatched in every prelim game.

Ok, but was the prostart goalies number called yesterday? I heard there were only 3 teams of players at the tryouts because so many of the top players opted not to try out this year. So if he is top 5 in the country, and there were only a handful of goalies at the event, he must of made it right?

If anyone would like to talk about the ProStart/SP goalie feel free to give me a call. Would love to have an honest/non-anonymous conversation with anyone who needs anything cleared up about him, me, family, dogs, etc. I've never been on here before, so curious what this imposter is posting!
Rob Shepherd

Mic Drops ...a few minutes it was like a lacrosse forum in here....now it is as quiet as a church .

Like Reply Quote
Page 138 of 313 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard