Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:37 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:10 PM
Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:01 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:58 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,594
Posts309,685
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 374 of 382 1 2 372 373 374 375 376 381 382
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #330866 05/18/21 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chuks is the '28 AA team

Are they the ones that went to Delaware in March?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #330872 05/18/21 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost its luster? I officiate in Delaware, When I ref tournaments I will say when the top teams show up to play Express is always there. Express North Long Island Express and Jersey Express. They might not win every game or tournament but they are there getting better. I don't see that many Long Island teams coming down like Express. Just my opinion from someone completely outside of Long Island Lax.

Thanks Express guy

He's not wrong though. Even if it's an express person. Look at the tournaments they play in, all weak ones. Just this Sunday the 2026 "top team" played in what can easily be considered a B tournament/division.
24's and 23's play in NAL,NLF, Millon and IL. Not sure what tournaments have better lines ups then those and pretty sure the younger teams are also at NAL and NLF. I know facts are not preferred and pretend referees should be considered but thought i would put it out there anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #332531 06/01/21 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chucks 2028 is AA team? What does that mean in the LI circuit? How many 28 teams are better?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #332739 06/03/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chucks 2028 is AA team? What does that mean in the LI circuit? How many 28 teams are better?

It means it’s the Express top team and they are very good. They play Venom and Laxachusettes this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #332750 06/03/21 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means it’s the Express top team and they are very good. They play Venom and Laxachusettes this weekend.

We are talking about 5th graders right?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #343260 08/01/21 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just asked about possibly playing for 91 next season. Never wanted to before now. I’ll let him tryout and see what he thinks.He may change his mind by tryout time. I’m not going to pick his team for him. Let him see what is out there and decide from what he thinks. May not make a move, but I would consider it if he wanted to. Could be a different landscape next season. Possibly a bunch of player moves. WSYL will be done with. Things should be a bit more normal school and sports and overall. We’ll see.

What grade?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343271 08/01/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just asked about possibly playing for 91 next season. Never wanted to before now. I’ll let him tryout and see what he thinks.He may change his mind by tryout time. I’m not going to pick his team for him. Let him see what is out there and decide from what he thinks. May not make a move, but I would consider it if he wanted to. Could be a different landscape next season. Possibly a bunch of player moves. WSYL will be done with. Things should be a bit more normal school and sports and overall. We’ll see.

What grade?

Normal? Don't fool yourself.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #343343 08/01/21 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find a coach that cares about your son and wants him to improve and succeed. Not easy to that these days!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343419 08/02/21 07:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find a coach that cares about your son and wants him to improve and succeed. Not easy to that these days!!!

Just do your research and call the coach and talk to them upon receiving an invite. It’s not that hard.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343439 08/02/21 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just do your research and call the coach and talk to them upon receiving an invite. It’s not that hard.

Call the coach? Big clubs don't even tell you who will be coaching your son. They will also tell you want you want to hear. It is a business, as unfortunate as that is. Better to ask older players and their parents what their experience was with that coach or team.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #343464 08/02/21 10:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call the coach? Big clubs don't even tell you who will be coaching your son. They will also tell you want you want to hear. It is a business, as unfortunate as that is. Better to ask older players and their parents what their experience was with that coach or team.

Honestly, What would club would send an invite without the coaching staff attached to it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343480 08/02/21 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, What would club would send an invite without the coaching staff attached to it?

Just look at the title of this thread, for starters. Notorious for swapping out coaches and using misleading names for its teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344982 08/11/21 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just look at the title of this thread, for starters. Notorious for swapping out coaches and using misleading names for its teams.

Wait until your son gets to high school and all the directors from Express don't do ANYTHING for recruiting for any of the kids on the team - double whammy for those who have one of the directors as your Varsity or JV coach. Good times.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344985 08/11/21 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait until your son gets to high school and all the directors from Express don't do ANYTHING for recruiting for any of the kids on the team - double whammy for those who have one of the directors as your Varsity or JV coach. Good times.

I have 1 son that graduated from one of their schools a few years ago and another soon to graduate and I can say with 100% confidence that you're wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #344992 08/11/21 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. My son would not be committed without the Express. The second the school showed interest, the Director reached out immediately and helped tremendously.

Like Reply Quote
Page 374 of 382 1 2 372 373 374 375 376 381 382
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard