BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 112 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No, the helicopter parents who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap are what's killing sports.

Parents know what is best for their kids- even if they've never played the sport or never watch practice ad see their kids giving lackluster effort most of the time.

"Don't hurt my kid's feelings! They are a precious gift!"

So many parents have created a generation of soft kids who expect their mom or dad to swoop in and talk to the coach or find their kid another team...if the going gets tough.

Perseverance. Toughness. Discipline. Loyalty. They are all unfortunately the exception, not the rule, in today's club sports world.

100% truth! I'm sure not many will like hearing this but this is reality.

Agree. This is why we have all the club jumpers and parent jockeying for position each year at tryout time. The kids dont show any loyalty to the clubs because their parents answer is to just find a new Club with “better opportunities.”

Why should kids show loyalty to a club when the club has no loyalty to the kids? You think the moment a better player comes around a club won’t cut your kid?

Of course clubs will cut kids. Why shouldn't they, unless they are True? No sense in dealing with kids who don't want to work.

How many kids think that they are "club lacrosse material" when they are really rec-level?

How many kids play club lacrosse that never hit a wall? Never run in the offseason? Miss lacrosse practices for indoor soccer games? Think that every kid deserves equal playing time?

Those kids aren't club players. They are rec players who THINK they are club players.

Its the same thinking that "Everyone should have a college degree." College isn't for everyone.

Neither is club lacrosse. But we have lots of parents patting their kids on the head, maneuvering so their daughter doesn't have to realize they aren't cut out for club.

This is so on point ! The same parents gonna be ticked when others get calls from big time schools and then will blame the coach for not getting their kid to the top. Everyone sees the talent gap except the kids parent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the helicopter parents who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap are what's killing sports.

Parents know what is best for their kids- even if they've never played the sport or never watch practice ad see their kids giving lackluster effort most of the time.

"Don't hurt my kid's feelings! They are a precious gift!"

So many parents have created a generation of soft kids who expect their mom or dad to swoop in and talk to the coach or find their kid another team...if the going gets tough.

Perseverance. Toughness. Discipline. Loyalty. They are all unfortunately the exception, not the rule, in today's club sports world.

100% truth! I'm sure not many will like hearing this but this is reality.

Agree. This is why we have all the club jumpers and parent jockeying for position each year at tryout time. The kids dont show any loyalty to the clubs because their parents answer is to just find a new Club with “better opportunities.”

Why should kids show loyalty to a club when the club has no loyalty to the kids? You think the moment a better player comes around a club won’t cut your kid?

Of course clubs will cut kids. Why shouldn't they, unless they are True? No sense in dealing with kids who don't want to work.

How many kids think that they are "club lacrosse material" when they are really rec-level?

How many kids play club lacrosse that never hit a wall? Never run in the offseason? Miss lacrosse practices for indoor soccer games? Think that every kid deserves equal playing time?

Those kids aren't club players. They are rec players who THINK they are club players.

Its the same thinking that "Everyone should have a college degree." College isn't for everyone.

Neither is club lacrosse. But we have lots of parents patting their kids on the head, maneuvering so their daughter doesn't have to realize they aren't cut out for club.

This is so on point ! The same parents gonna be ticked when others get calls from big time schools and then will blame the coach for not getting their kid to the top. Everyone sees the talent gap except the kids parent.

Of course there are bad coaches out there. Many of the people running the for-profit clubs are the dim-bulb players who are living in their past. What are they gonna be when they graduate from college? Run a lacrosse club!

Public service announcement:

If you don't hit the wall...you might be a rec player.
If you don't run to stay in shape...you might be a rec player.
If you miss practices...you might be a rec player.
If you don't love to compete in drills...you might be a rec player.
If you take off plays or goof around in drills...you might be a rec player.
If a coach has to stop practice to explain things AGAIN because you were talking to a friend...you (and your friend) might be rec players.
If you complain about PT in the stands...you might be a rec parent.
If you think parents should talk to the coach instead of the player doing it for themselves...you might be a rec parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalker’s coach’s all scream at their teams, it comes from the top. Even the teams that are ranked high receive this treatment.

Agree, this comes from the top. SW coaches are just too notIntelligent to be able to coach without berating players, as are the McLauglins. The old man is senile and the daughter is just worried about getting to the head of the line at the buffet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great

What are we hearing about tryouts, who got better/worst? Where did surprise players show up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great

What are we hearing about tryouts, who got better/worst? Where did surprise players show up?

Among top tier teams, Pride probably did the best picking up 5 or 6 top players. M and D just added one but a very quality player.

Among next tier teams, TLC added some good talent too. Won’t compete at the top but would be in the middle of the A bracket if they choose too.

BLC lost a lot. A couple LBC to MDU swaps but prob won’t impact much

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about NEMS, Coppermine, FCA, SW and Hero’s? Any word on those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Nothing to report. Feel free to overlook them all.

wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know SW picked up a couple girls from B teams (HoCo, MCE). Can't see it making a difference. Not connected to the other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone’s daughter attend the AU futures Summit? Was wondering if it was fun and worth doing. We missed it this year but may tryout next year if it was a good experience. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone’s daughter attend the AU futures Summit? Was wondering if it was fun and worth doing. We missed it this year but may tryout next year if it was a good experience. Thanks.

We did it, so I can say positives was it was great playing with other MD club girls, after competing against them over the years. Fields and facility were top notch. Interaction with pro players was very neat.

Wish there was more teaching and coaching from skill perspective. A few hiccups with bad score updates in tourney app led to one team going to wrong field etc.

First year I think doing this, prob will be better next go round but every kid I spoke to really loved the camp.

FYI MD had two teams represented who ended up meeting in championship game out of five teams total.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter went. Echo some of the other comments. great facilities, but too many games and not enough coaching. coaches switched too much which meant they were coaching games when they didn't really know the girls.

Also 27s and 28s were put together which created some mismatches. Also a ton of down time and transition time.

Would prob go next year if it is close. (though one of the organizers said it would likely be in long island next year).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like if they do it local again it would be worthwhile, but not worth trekking farther than Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like if they do it local again it would be worthwhile, but not worth trekking farther than Maryland.

may even be worth a trip to delaware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did 27 BLC girls go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did 27 BLC girls go?[/quote]

I heard Pride and/or M&D...... but I don't know if its 1 girl or multiple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Pride and/or M&D...... but I don't know if its 1 girl or multiple[/quote]

Looks like one went to Heros Green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least three had offers from Pride. Not sure how many accepted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But someone said above that BLC lost a lot. I’m confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 5 starters and 2 rotational midfielders are gone. They got the 2 best girls from Next Level to replace, but still a big drop. I think they still have a few open spots too.

May be lucky to go 2-6 in NGLL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 5 starters and 2 rotational midfielders are gone. They got the 2 best girls from Next Level to replace, but still a big drop. I think they still have a few open spots too.

May be lucky to go 2-6 in NGLL next year.

You’ve got very bad sources my friend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did so many leave BLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I hear, should we expect BLC to fade a bit and Pride to gain some ground?

Still seems its going to be M&D and Hero's then a gap, though it sounds like Hero's may have gotten better over tryouts and M&D not so much?

Aces and Yellow Jackets seem to be cream of the NY teams.

Did NEMS gain any new players? LBC? MDU?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess but since BLC ends in 8th grade, girls trying to get over to a longer term club earlier or in the case of pride the capital pipeline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn’t. Not sure why there’s so much venom towards BLC 2027. The roster is the same sans one player who went to Heros Green. Most of the info above is false and misleading. Still a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dissatisfaction with the parent coach approach of BLC and coaches favoring friends and family is what I have heard in the past with BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lutherville Legends is run by parents creating a team for their 26 girls that can’t make other clubs. The 27’s are just fill in players making the roster larger. For those asking about it I’d say stay away, The 26’s is run by the same people that coach LTSC soccer for their girls. Teach your girls to work harder rather than simply creating opportunities for them. Heard from a friend the LTRC parents that run it even got one of their daughters onto the Ridgely Middle School Team when she didn’t even go to school there or tryout for the team. It’s everything that is wrong with youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the top two teams this year will be M&D and Hero’s again. The next group will be tight. I understand Pride, MD United and Coppermine picked up some really good players. NEMS stayed pretty much the same so will be in the mix. Interesting to see the changes this Fall at tournaments. Hoping the gap closes between all of the teams but still the strongest league in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the top two teams this year will be M&D and Hero’s again. The next group will be tight. I understand Pride, MD United and Coppermine picked up some really good players. NEMS stayed pretty much the same so will be in the mix. Interesting to see the changes this Fall at tournaments. Hoping the gap closes between all of the teams but still the strongest league in the country.

Not entirely true. Coppermine did pick up a couple solid players. But we also lost our top 2 players from last year. Jury is still out. Hopefully a push.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who lost their top two players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think BLC lost a bunch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they were saying Coppermine did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just getting ridiculous at this point. One player who regularly played has moved on to Hero’s Green. That’s it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride 2027 roster is essentially the same, so no one came across the bridge to VA. Someone trying to stir the pot.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some BLC girls to Pride and NL, in addition to Hero’s as mentioned above. It will be interesting to see the drop off of that team in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Coppermine did. I believe to NEMS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Coppermine did. I believe to NEMS.

This was my understanding as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke with a friend who’s daughter is on Coppermine and it’s true one girl left for NEMS but was super excited about the four new girls they brought in. Stated they keep together a close group of girls and got better in a lacrosse sense too. So I would not worry about Coppermine and excited for them to give us a tough game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who do we think had the best offseason changes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Heros. Prob added three that can get into their rotation.

Is it enough to beat M&D? I think so, regardless they will continue to play tight.

I keep hearing Pride added some talent, they were solid as is, wonder if it moves them over BLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Heros. Prob added three that can get into their rotation.

Is it enough to beat M&D? I think so, regardless they will continue to play tight.

I keep hearing Pride added some talent, they were solid as is, wonder if it moves them over BLC?
Good luck at Heros.

Page 10 of 112 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard