BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Boys 2024 (10th Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

Missing many players. Fill in's that could not compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

Coaches kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

Coaches kids.

Friend’s and family couldn’t do the job. Shocking. Long Island gets the #9 seed - embarrassing!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

Coaches kids.

Money grab. Useless. You should be at the beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Team (1-3)?

Coaches kids.

Friend’s and family couldn’t do the job. Shocking. Long Island gets the #9 seed - embarrassing!

Waste of time. Top kids went on vacation or to the beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they have top defensive players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really . All around week team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they have top defensive players?

lol I see what you did there!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was really sad! not a good showing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo lost a lot of A players again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They haven't been an A team for a few years now anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing is if you took all the ex igloo players they would be the best in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo lost a lot of A players again this year.

Igloo coaches could have the best players but can’t coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best way to make highlight film for rising 10th grader. Make on my own or hire someone. any ideas would be helpful. first time making a highlight tape

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best way to make highlight film for rising 10th grader. Make on my own or hire someone. any ideas would be helpful. first time making a highlight tape

For my older ones we hired someone for some of the tournaments . Just about the entire team chipped in so it was fairly cheap. Most showcases/ tournaments have film available to buy. It on the expensive side. They have a team option to buy at most tournaments Which runs about $600.00. - 800.00 per tournament. If your team is willing to chip this is a good option

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Best way to make highlight film for rising 10th grader. Make on my own or hire someone. any ideas would be helpful. first time making a highlight tape

For my older ones we hired someone for some of the tournaments . Just about the entire team chipped in so it was fairly cheap. Most showcases/ tournaments have film available to buy. It on the expensive side. They have a team option to buy at most tournaments Which runs about $600.00. - 800.00 per tournament. If your team is willing to chip this is a good option[/q
uote]
What travel travel program does your son play for? They should be able to Direct you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really hard to make a quality highlight film using a personal camcorder if you are at ground level. The video companies use an apparatus that takes video from 12+ feet above the ground. Gives much better depth of field perspective and avoids any potential visual obstructions. There is usually a video company that contracts with the tournament (or showcase) to provide the video footage for every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny. This summer a bunch on the team bought into the video package offered and 2 of them were like a 5 year old was holding the camera. Cheapest way is to buy as a group. If you do film on you own try and get a vantage point and shake it. I’ve gotten plenty on my iPhone. Just do it the right way. As far as the tape itself yes there are companies that do it. I’m actually screwing around with iMovie on the Mac seeing if I can do that myself. A bit of a pain in the rear. We’ll see if I just give up and pay. I’m stubborn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coach is looking at a 2024 kid. Your son will look much better next year and the year after on film. Hopefully by then everything will be in person for recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has the best players lmao. What are u smoking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They DID have the best players. Igloo alumni team would beat everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With different coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did they leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did they leave?

COACHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a top tier 2024 team. Not one word from the coaches or organization on recruiting. Not one. What should we expect? You would think for 4k a year there would be some direction. There is none. At the very least, what should be happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a top tier 2024 team. Not one word from the coaches or organization on recruiting. Not one. What should we expect? You would think for 4k a year there would be some direction. There is none. At the very least, what should be happening

Nothing, build your sons film for next spring/summer. And then there is two types of showcases, ones that everybody gets in, and be selective on those and the ones that require the club to get you an invite. Keep in mind the club can’t send all 20 kids to those elite showcases, so it can get awkward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This fall they should do tournaments where there are college coaches. Typically your high school does more than your club, but ask them questions. Remember don't be an butt, they are the ones you want to make calls for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing, build your sons film for next spring/summer. And then there is two types of showcases, ones that everybody gets in, and be selective on those and the ones that require the club to get you an invite. Keep in mind the club can’t send all 20 kids to those elite showcases, so it can get awkward.

Thanks. Unchartered waters for many - would have assumed a little bit of help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should at least be addressing the topic and setting expectations. But very few do this. 2024's should have a blueprint at this stage. No college coaches looking yet but you should know key upcoming dates and events, and what it takes to participate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams upgrade after tryouts this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should at least be addressing the topic and setting expectations. But very few do this. 2024's should have a blueprint at this stage. No college coaches looking yet but you should know key upcoming dates and events, and what it takes to participate.

What club does he play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True blue has two teams at 2024? I see in rankings true blue and true blue goat? I thought they only had one team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club does he play for?

Guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 WP parents have said this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having been through this before...do NOT rely on the club for much. The top player (or two) at each position will get all the looks to the big showcases (maverik, nike, juniors, 5 star). Everyone else and everything else you need to do on your own. Do your research, make a plan. Research prospect days, make a video, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing is if you took all the ex igloo players they would be the best in the age group.

The only thing funny about that is the comment. Rediculous statement. Stick to baseball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing funny about that is the comment. Rediculous statement. Stick to baseball.

You obviously don’t have a son on a top team or you would know there are 3-4 players on pack taz and express that were on igloo at one point.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard