BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 58 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. But with the new coaches they may see some dramatic improvements.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The White goalie was a huge factor in Maryland’s win in the AS championship game. Between her and the strong defense already in place all that’s left is getting the offense together and putting up goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The White goalie was a huge factor in Maryland’s win in the AS championship game. Between her and the strong defense already in place all that’s left is getting the offense together and putting up goals.

Black team couldnt control draw or stop offense. 7 free positions in first half is quite a bit. Team stayed in it when they could but ultimately was outplayed all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“The White goalie was a huge factor in Maryland’s win in the AS championship game. Between her and the strong defense already in place all that’s left is getting the offense together and putting up goals.”

Yeah right.
The White Goalie couldn’t clear for nothing.
Too many bad clears!
Draw and offense won that game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“The White goalie was a huge factor in Maryland’s win in the AS championship game. Between her and the strong defense already in place all that’s left is getting the offense together and putting up goals.”

Yeah right.
Too many bad clears!

Did you see those saves? Sure there were a couple of clears that went wrong but she did amazing in the cage in the second half. If you watched it live you would have seen that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right.
Too many bad clears!

Did you see those saves? Sure there were a couple of clears that went wrong but she did amazing in the cage in the second half. If you watched it live you would have seen that.

I watched most of the games this weekend and that Maryland team was amazing all over the field. The Championship was a great game to watch, but again MD was better. And both goalies were good, but the goalie who played in the second half did awesome. There were 2 clears that didn’t go her way and in no way did that ruin her performance with 5+ saves and an interception. Not to mention I saw beautiful clears from her in the other games.
Sounds like a bummed goalie parent above that wishes his daughter made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's White will take a massive step forward with their new coaches and will own the B bracket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of these B Teams deserves to play in A Division. It is not fair for B teams to get pummeled. Have you seen the scores of B Teams playing in A division this summer? Don't think Skywalkers White won a game this summer? Hero's White got hammered by MND Black, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW white actually did win games over summer and kept the score close in other games. If the team can give some tougher competition a run for their money, they are fine in that bracket. The bigger problem is the fact that the SW blue team was given an easier schedule (at almost every tournament) than white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW white actually did win games over summer and kept the score close in other games. If the team can give some tougher competition a run for their money, they are fine in that bracket. The bigger problem is the fact that the SW blue team was given an easier schedule (at almost every tournament) than white.
You are the team playing up and wanting to be challenged. Now you are saying you want to play A but want the easier teams? You don’t get to move up and then complain the competiton is too tough compared to other A teams. Come on, man.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keeping games close vs HOCO Black, Coppermine Black, Philly Blast is great. But they don't belong in the same league as Hero's Green, MND Black, Primetime, YJ Spallina, Steps Elite Blue. scores of 15-8, 17-2, 14-5, aren't fun for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of these B Teams deserves to play in A Division. It is not fair for B teams to get pummeled. Have you seen the scores of B Teams playing in A division this summer? Don't think Skywalkers White won a game this summer? Hero's White got hammered by MND Black, etc.

Agree. The B teams are not athletic enough to play with the A teams. I do not care how good of a goalie you have or how much more improved an offense is. If the Defense is not athletic enough to get a stop and a clear, all of the improvements on the offensive side will not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two or three A teams that are consistent with their level of play; otherwise, the balance of the A division can easily get beat by a couple of the top B teams. The other difference maker besides the overall athletism is the consistency and level of coaching in the B bracket. A lot more turnover in the B bracket than on the A level not to mention overall level of commitment if you want to compete with tough competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keeping games close vs HOCO Black, Coppermine Black, Philly Blast is great. But they don't belong in the same league as Hero's Green, MND Black, Primetime, YJ Spallina, Steps Elite Blue. scores of 15-8, 17-2, 14-5, aren't fun for anyone.

Not fair for B teams to play against A teams that need to play the top level. B teams get something out of it but A teams get nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAHAHAHA.... So you want an A division of 3 teams? genius work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. I don’t wanna see B teams playing in top bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, considering US Club Lacrosse Rankings has 5 B Division teams ranked in the Top 18, the same number of teams in A division. There's no doubt they deserve to play against other similarly ranked teams regardless of their Division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm looking at M&D Black scores from NGLL (skywalker's were comparable other than their game against HoCo) M&D beat CCLax by 18, Coppermine and Redshirts by 11, TLC Red by 12 and 3D Lax by 15

They would've had more competitive games against M&D Red and Skywalkers white than these teams
I'm sure Hero's were similar.

So there's only three strong teams in Balto in the 25's - That would not make a very compelling A division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ
Won lax for the cure.
Get a grip!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, considering US Club Lacrosse Rankings has 5 B Division teams ranked in the Top 18, the same number of teams in A division. There's no doubt they deserve to play against other similarly ranked teams regardless of their Division.

What rankings are you looking at? I do not see any B teams in the top 36

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need to look at the state of Maryland to see the applicable teams that make up the regular season for NGLL.

https://www.USCL.com/rank?state_abbv=MD&v=2025&alpha=N&y=2020&seed=n4ovy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us club rankings MD 2025
1 M&D(2) 96.26
2.Heros(3) 95.38
3. SW(4) 94.62
4. NEMS(21) 91.11
5. MD United(22) 90.78
6. M&D Red(29) 89.71
7. LBC(30) 89.69
8. Hoco(33) 89.40
9. Coppermine(41) 88.68
10. 3d Frederick (42) 88.67

M&D Red rankings shows the flaw in these rankings- goal differential weights to much on final rankings.
Hoco, Coppermine and 3d Frederick all had significant huge wins/ties compared to M&D red. Hoco lost to no teams lower ranked and beat 4 teams on this list above it yet is still below M&D red. Easy to juice these rankings by scheduling some 10GD wins, you take a hit on SOS rating but you buffer up your GD number. This is bad for the sport but I hear parents quoting this as "the" national ranking. Might affect who comes to your tryouts etc. The most fun is to look at NXT black. 31-3 on the season with 2 losses to 3d Frederick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT black 34 games played won 16 of them by 10 or more goals. Lost twice to 3d Frederick. Supposedly the 18th best team in USA at 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These rankings are worthless! The worthy question is which clubs are getting their platers recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us club rankings MD 2025
1 M&D(2) 96.26
2.Heros(3) 95.38
3. SW(4) 94.62
4. NEMS(21) 91.11
5. MD United(22) 90.78
6. M&D Red(29) 89.71
7. LBC(30) 89.69
8. Hoco(33) 89.40
9. Coppermine(41) 88.68

M&D Red rankings shows the flaw in these rankings- goal differential weights to much on final rankings.
Hoco, Coppermine and 3d Frederick all had significant huge wins/ties compared to M&D red. Hoco lost to no teams lower ranked and beat 4 teams on this list above it yet is still below M&D red. Easy to juice these rankings by scheduling some 10GD wins, you take a hit on SOS rating but you buffer up your GD number. This is bad for the sport but I hear parents quoting this as "the" national ranking. Might affect who comes to your tryouts etc. The most fun is to look at NXT black. 31-3 on the season with 2 losses to 3d Frederick.

Weird to see NEMS ranked so low nationally. Hope they picked up some talent to keep things interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS lost talent to Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS lost talent to Skywalkers.

Would be interesting to know how their tryouts went. Want to have as many competitive teams as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think those rankings are worthless. I agree where players get recruited from is important. I hear people refer to these rankings often, that is they shape perceptions about quality/ strength of teams. 2025 might be too late in the process to change many of these but if any 2028 or younger teams want to change common perceptions through national rankings the method is clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think those rankings are worthless. I agree where players get recruited from is important. I hear people refer to these rankings often, that is they shape perceptions about quality/ strength of teams. 2025 might be too late in the process to change many of these but if any 2028 or younger teams want to change common perceptions through national rankings the method is clear.

I have a 2027 and I'd say the rankings, least top-15 is pretty accurate. When you start getting into the 28 vs 40 team from different regions, it gets harder to say.

I do think teams get too much credit for beating bad teams. There are a few that don't have a top-10 team win yet are above several that do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are worthless at this age group because the team rosters will change again next year especially at M&D and SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and No.

In general, M&D Red seems to play higher ranked teams closer than HoCo did. Very few close games for HoCo vs higher ranked teams.

I think the perspective on rankings is that rankings aren't one and done... a team/club has to continue year after year to be coached well to improve, especially as they get older and it isn't just about best athletes

us club rankings MD 2025
1 M&D(2) 96.26
2.Heros(3) 95.38
3. SW(4) 94.62
4. NEMS(21) 91.11
5. MD United(22) 90.78
6. M&D Red(29) 89.71
7. LBC(30) 89.69
8. Hoco(33) 89.40
9. Coppermine(41) 88.68

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Hopefully everyone realizes that US Club are just computer rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

I think they realize its a mathmatical equation. I find it, for the most part, to be pretty accurate, better than nothing, that is for certain, there's logic built in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco 8-4 vs MndRed
Hoco 9-6 vs MndRed
Hoco 6-5 vs SW blue
Hoco 6-4 vs Md united
Hoco 7-6 vs Nems

3d
6-6 vs Spalina tie
2 wins over NXT black***

Copermine

9-8 over monster
8-8 NEMS

M&D red
9-5 All American Aim best win

So the key is to schedule some cupcake games where you run up goals to boost your end of year rankings. I do not think MnD red played the higher ranked teams closer that led to their higher ranking than Hoco. It was the run of +10 goal Dif vs Check hers pride Baltimore , FCA , Renegades, Virginia one etc that got them a high ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And hopefully even more people realize how pointless and meaningless they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And hopefully even more people realize how pointless and meaningless they are.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco 8-4 vs MndRed
Hoco 9-6 vs MndRed
Hoco 6-5 vs SW blue
Hoco 6-4 vs Md united
Hoco 7-6 vs Nems

3d
6-6 vs Spalina tie
2 wins over NXT black***

Copermine

9-8 over monster
8-8 NEMS

M&D red
9-5 All American Aim best win

So the key is to schedule some cupcake games where you run up goals to boost your end of year rankings. I do not think MnD red played the higher ranked teams closer that led to their higher ranking than Hoco. It was the run of +10 goal Dif vs Check hers pride Baltimore , FCA , Renegades, Virginia one etc that got them a high ranking.

Relax HoCo mom. Rankings don’t matter. Only the young ones care. Those teams higher up will end up with more recruited because of the club name and talent it attracts regardless of ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also HoCo v. SW Blue
5-12
1-11
6-11

HoCo v. LBC
7-13

M&D Red v. LBC
9-8

So seems the teams are actually pretty even. Can't focus on just a few wins - it's about the body of work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tap the pause button. Rankings will change as teams play each other.

Hoco parent…don’t detest the game because Red played some easier games. Your daughter will get looked at if her team is playing in the “A” bracket. It’s a long ride for recruiting. Don’t get wrapped up in rankings.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 58 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard