Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 07:25 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 01:06 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:19 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,588
Posts309,509
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 119 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 118 119
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #342713 07/29/21 10:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At the 2025 and 2026 level who is happy with their club.
Develops players, good communication and coaching.

If you’re son can make the BBL or Tri-State top teams, that’s your best bet. If you’re son is a stud who matured early and is just looking to get recruited (and you don’t mind paying for it), Leading Edge is a good option but after freshman year.

Just curious, what makes bbl 2025 or 2026 “develop” players better than that of LE or Tri-State? I have heard nothing but good things about coaches at both programs, I am just curious.

It basically comes down to their youth programs. BBL and Tri-State will develop kids. LE will tell you straight up that they don’t care about their youth teams and that they are a “destination” club for high school level kids. They aren’t there to develop, just showcase. If that’s what you’re looking for then have at it. Hasn’t been working of late.

I believe this may be changing. Their 26 team did well this past year and I’m hearing they attracted some of BBLs top players. Someone else mentioned Jersey Express players going to the 25s. Their founder was even back coaching 27s this summer.

It won’t change. It’s been horrible. We left.

What was your experience like? And what grade if you don’t mind saying

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #342744 07/30/21 07:58 AM
N
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
N
Mad Dog just started a North program. With their prominence on the national level, kids might wanna start heading over there. I don't see BBL getting the shore kids.
So AH wasn't telling the truth?

don't know who AH is but Mad Dog seems to rule to Shore. their national team is legit and seem to offer great year round training.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342745 07/30/21 08:00 AM
N
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
N
Mad Dog just started a North program. With their prominence on the national level, kids might wanna start heading over there. I don't see BBL getting the shore kids.
Did they have any numbers at their tryouts?

Good question. That area is so saturated with clubs. I suspect, they are going to have an uphill battle.

not sure on numbers. they are practicing out of Cedar Grove, I'm not so sure as to who the competing club teams would be. Brotherhood, Evolution? like i've said before, i think the prospect of potentially playing for a legit national team could draw kids in. Kids from Verona, CG, Caldwell, West Essex, Wayne, etc might be drawn to Mad Dog North.

Like Reply Quote
njlaxx11 #342749 07/30/21 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by njlaxx11

don't know who AH is but Mad Dog seems to rule to Shore. their national team is legit and seem to offer great year round training.
Mad Dog has never ruled the Shore. They lose their top high school players to other clubs every year. They had one good NJ group the 2021 and all but one of those parents have kept their younger son at Mad Dog. Not a great sign.

AH is the BBL owner.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342812 07/30/21 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog has never ruled the Shore. They lose their top high school players to other clubs every year. They had one good NJ group the 2021 and all but one of those parents have kept their younger son at Mad Dog. Not a great sign.

AH is the BBL owner.

Mad Dog had a decent run at the shore a few years ago, but the implosion of the 2023 teams was really tough on the program. The 2025 team is very good, but the only thing that keeps kids around at this point is the National team. Obviously, the National teams are very good, but I have heard from many parents that when it comes to recruiting, a lot more emphasis is placed on the West coast kids. The NJ program had some really good coaches at one point, but it seems like they have either left the club or headed West.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #342843 07/30/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there a good turn out at mad dog north (new team)?

Also, is anyone hearing about more partnerships like O2/riot, United/BBL. I saw Towermen is partnering with Tri-State for box.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342853 07/30/21 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, is anyone hearing about more partnerships like O2/riot, United/BBL. I saw Towermen is partnering with Tri-State for box.

Smart move . SHP connect for the 7/8th graders coming up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342950 07/30/21 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smart move . SHP connect for the 7/8th graders coming up.
Towermen going to be one to watch, can they keep that team together past 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
njlaxx11 #343002 07/30/21 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they have any numbers at their tryouts?

Good question. That area is so saturated with clubs. I suspect, they are going to have an uphill battle.

not sure on numbers. they are practicing out of Cedar Grove, I'm not so sure as to who the competing club teams would be. Brotherhood, Evolution? like i've said before, i think the prospect of potentially playing for a legit national team could draw kids in. Kids from Verona, CG, Caldwell, West Essex, Wayne, etc might be drawn to Mad Dog North.

91 NJ North is trying to get off the ground right next door in Montclair too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343061 07/30/21 11:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 NJ Riot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. Leading Edge
2. BBL Elite (not Helix)
3. Tristate

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #343079 07/31/21 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 NJ Riot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. Leading Edge
2. BBL Elite (not Helix)
3. Tristate

I hope you are not referring to 2023's, if so, you are sorely mistaken, especially with BBL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #343086 07/31/21 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 NJ Riot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. Leading Edge
2. BBL Elite (not Helix)
3. Tristate

The Big 3 of NJ lacrosse but no point to even number this list. Top team changes with pretty much every age group and every season. Sure other clubs may have the occasional stellar team, but not with the consistency of these three. I am NOT saying other clubs don't have top players.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #344692 08/09/21 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for information on middle school teams in the state of New Jersey, my son is a 5th grader and plays rec for our town and wants to start to play with better kids.

Any and all information will help me thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344721 08/09/21 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for information on middle school teams in the state of New Jersey, my son is a 5th grader and plays rec for our town and wants to start to play with better kids.

what town do you live in?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344863 08/10/21 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point, it may be best to pick something local, what part of NJ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 119 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 118 119
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard