BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tb has many d1 kids and others that are looking high d2/d3 but could prob go mid d1 but would prefer the better experience of high d2 and d3.

That’s a BS statement. Most of these kids would “prefer” to go D1 because that’s where the better kids play. I have one child that plays D2 and one that plays D1. The difference is extreme. With that being said, both of them love the experience equally

I love how "experience" is used. Who cares!

When your ride the bench in D1 or start in D3......experience matters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that. Riding the bench at a D1 program just to say you played for them; I guess I can see how that would appeal to some but I would also think playing at a good D3 school would also qualify as a “good experience”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 years ago I commented on this site that team 91 warriors had 4 potential D-1 players. The “experts” on this site criticized my statement as unrealistic. Well 3 players who moved on from that team were early D-1 commits and at least 2 others are also going D-1 with others possible. Any comment from those experts now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 years ago I commented on this site that team 91 warriors had 4 potential D-1 players. The “experts” on this site criticized my statement as unrealistic. Well 3 players who moved on from that team were early D-1 commits and at least 2 others are also going D-1 with others possible. Any comment from those experts now?
so.... they're all not with the Warriors B team any longer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the current 91 Warriors Roster (not kids that’ve left in the last few years) has 6 players committed as of last week. Interested to see how they finish up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again someone with a lack of knowledge feels required to comment. You call Team 91 Warriors a B team. Yet US Club Lacrosse ranks them 13 and Inside Lacrosse 20. Is it anti 91 bias or just a lack of intelligence?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 years? That’s a long time to wait for an “I told you so post but good for you? Warriors are not a B team BTW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tb has many d1 kids and others that are looking high d2/d3 but could prob go mid d1 but would prefer the better experience of high d2 and d3.

That’s a BS statement. Most of these kids would “prefer” to go D1 because that’s where the better kids play. I have one child that plays D2 and one that plays D1. The difference is extreme. With that being said, both of them love the experience equally

The kids, I imagine. Your days are over, guy.

No, you care, no one else cares that your kid plays D-1. No one......except you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play on the 85th ranked team in d1 or a top 20 d2 or d3. Go d1 practice 40 hours a week and be non competitive as a team. Seems worth it to say your kid played D1. I would think most kids would rather play and be competitive. Adelphi and lemoyne wingate etc would smoke many of those middle to lower D1 schools guy. So yeah experience matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again someone with a lack of knowledge feels required to comment. You call Team 91 Warriors a B team. Yet US Club Lacrosse ranks them 13 and Inside Lacrosse 20. Is it anti 91 bias or just a lack of intelligence?

B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team B team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did FLG fold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play on the 85th ranked team in d1 or a top 20 d2 or d3. Go d1 practice 40 hours a week and be non competitive as a team. Seems worth it to say your kid played D1. I would think most kids would rather play and be competitive. Adelphi and lemoyne wingate etc would smoke many of those middle to lower D1 schools guy. So yeah experience matters.

I’m confused, do DII & DIII teams only have 13 or 14 players on their rosters? Does every player play every game? Are there no DII & DIII sitting on the bench?

How about this, help your child find the best overall fit… Academic, Lacrosse, social life, size of school, location of school, overall college experience etc….

Obviously academics should be the top priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s repeat it slowly for you then junior. The original comment related to why would someone choose d2 or d3 for the experience. That was the reply. It’s for the same person who walks around bc his son plats for the 91 d team and rides the bench. But hey he can tell all his dad friends in the neighborhood how good his son is bc he’s on 91. Obv the whole process is about fit, thanks for clarifying that - now we know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When your ride the bench in D1 or start in D3......experience matters.
If you are riding the bench on D1 you will likely ride the bench for the top 10 D3 programs also. The top 5 D3 programs can beat or compete well against the bottom 50% of D1 programs. This is not the same comparison as NBA vs. College basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We ain’t a very good team but we Played TB last summer and fall and lost both times; barely. Good team but not lights out; I would be surprised that had that many that could play D1, let alone high D1

2 Kids committed to Army and UNC that seems pretty high D-1

3 Kids committed to Sienna, LIU and Stonybrook middle of the row D-1

Stonybrook just outside top 20 this year. No one said TB is lights out but they have kids that will grind.

Good luck to all the kids committed or not, there is a place for all to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We ain’t a very good team but we Played TB last summer and fall and lost both times; barely. Good team but not lights out; I would be surprised that had that many that could play D1, let alone high D1

Stonybrook just outside top 20 this year. No one said TB is lights out but they have kids that will grind.

Siena and LIU are not middle-of-the-road D-1 programs. They are bottom 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC kid got recruited through his HS. I don’t think he ever played a tourney for TB. They are a decent team. Probably top 40-50 in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC kid got recruited through his HS. I don’t think he ever played a tourney for TB. They are a decent team. Probably top 40-50 in the country.

The Army kid is going to do a PG year at prep. Not going directly to Army.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we’re still trying to make fun of other teams? Club doesn’t matter anymore. It served its purpose. Parents should have been selling their sons to schools beginning January 2021. If you didn’t, you are likely behind the 8-ball from a recruiting standpoint. FYI, the Warriors, who many people like to detest, are an exceptional team. Far better than most self proclaimed A teams. My sons team has played them many times and, while they are probably undersized, they have always impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good percentage of kids who come from public schools go to MAPS (military academy prep school)or NAPS (Naval Academy Prep School) Transition to one of the academies from a public school is very difficult some have no problems and can do it. The Academic advisors usually recommend it. It has nothing to do with sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The unc kid is at every tourney stop making stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good percentage of kids who come from public schools go to MAPS (military academy prep school)or NAPS (Naval Academy Prep School) Transition to one of the academies from a public school is very difficult some have no problems and can do it. The Academic advisors usually recommend it. It has nothing to do with sports

It’s not uncommon for parents and players to use the academies as a free PG year and then go someplace else. I would estimate that 2/3 of the academy commits never touch the field or sit in a classroom at the actual academy. This is why they recruit so many more players than anywhere else (roughly 20 per class for Army, AF and Navy)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It has nothing to do with where the kid went to HS or academic advisors . It is determined by the student’s academic credentials. There is a line, if you are above the line you go directly to the academy. If you are below the line you go to prep. The coaches would like just about all the kids to go to prep (who wouldn’t) but it’s not up to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 players on turtles at least

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A ton of the prep and PG year deals are going on these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 years? That’s a long time to wait for an “I told you so post but good for you? Warriors are not a B team BTW.

Read my mind! 2 year guy, move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original post was the majority of the True Blue team was or could play high to mid D1. They looked like a decent team but not lights out. Army and UNC are high D1. Stonybrook is mid D1. Siena and LIU are low D1. good for all those kids as I am sure it will be a great experience but I still fail to see where the majority of TB is going to mid to high D1; it’s just not factual apparently

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the recruits that play for TB worked hard, put the time in at individual showcases and have strong support from very good HS coaches who connected them to the programs. They earned it on their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UNC commit never missed one TB tournament since 3rd grade. I know the juggernaut of Calhoun definitely got him to UNC. IDC if TB helped the kid or not and I also don't care if TB is the 150th ranked team in the country. You guys are nuts, they have player going D-1 and they will have players going D-2,3 why cant all you donk offs out there be happy for them and for all the kids. The only knucklehead that has said TB is the best team is a father from a different team that likes to stir the pot. Its obvious he hates TB or Cat or a parent on team. Anyway im done posting on here good luck to all the young athletes out there I hope you all find a place to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It has nothing to do with where the kid went to HS or academic advisors . It is determined by the student’s academic credentials. There is a line, if you are above the line you go directly to the academy. If you are below the line you go to prep. The coaches would like just about all the kids to go to prep (who wouldn’t) but it’s not up to them.

The Prep School also gives kids who cannot get the Nomination a direct line to WP. They dont need it for the prep school and dont need it to go from prep to WP. Its not always academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Prep School also gives kids who cannot get the Nomination a direct line to WP. They dont need it for the prep school and dont need it to go from prep to WP. Its not always academics.

You may want to look into that again. The prep year is just that, preparation. They still need to get the grades and the nomination to get it. It just gives them more time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, there are 6 kids on the Warrriors going D1 rite now, so not sure what your point is.

So we’re still trying to make fun of other teams? Club doesn’t matter anymore. It served its purpose. Parents should have been selling their sons to schools beginning January 2021. If you didn’t, you are likely behind the 8-ball from a recruiting standpoint. FYI, the Warriors, who many people like to detest, are an exceptional team. Far better than most self proclaimed A teams. My sons team has played them many times and, while they are probably undersized, they have always impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, there are 6 kids on the Warrriors going D1 rite now, so not sure what your point is.

Ok, along with $4.29, in my area, will get you a gal. of regular gas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is already committed do you think he should play on his travel team this upcoming summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is already committed do you think he should play on his travel team this upcoming summer?

Absolutely. Need to stay sharp and play with other good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if my kid is on a "C" team like 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, what did they do to you?! The negative obsession is troubling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your son getting committed as it is a great achievement to be a college athlete at any level. To answer your question; Yes, your son should play because the hard work doesn't end with the commitment, it is only just beginning. He plays against uneven competition but, in college, everyone will be good so he needs to put in the time / effort to get better. Second, unless everyone else on his team is already committed, he needs to help his teammates to also get recruited. Lacrosse is a team sport and, since he is that good, he can make others also look good. Enjoy watching him play without the pressure he has felt for the last couple years. A few days during the week and a couple weekends for team tournaments and no prospect days or showcases sounds like a dream come true in my mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find another team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your son getting committed as it is a great achievement to be a college athlete at any level. To answer your question; Yes, your son should play because the hard work doesn't end with the commitment, it is only just beginning. He plays against uneven competition but, in college, everyone will be good so he needs to put in the time / effort to get better. Second, unless everyone else on his team is already committed, he needs to help his teammates to also get recruited. Lacrosse is a team sport and, since he is that good, he can make others also look good. Enjoy watching him play without the pressure he has felt for the last couple years. A few days during the week and a couple weekends for team tournaments and no prospect days or showcases sounds like a dream come true in my mind.

Plus the club need your $$$$…..I assume your son is a rising senior. I would have him play but stay local, save some money, put it to some targeted training and weight training. Congrats!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard