BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 73 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to be happy with all the girls who get a chance to play especially in this grad year. I understand how people might think it’s a money grab which is probably true to some degree but if they get to play in front of coaches isn’t that a good thing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have to be happy with all the girls who get a chance to play especially in this grad year. I understand how people might think it’s a money grab which is probably true to some degree but if they get to play in front of coaches isn’t that a good thing?

When Under Armour Underclass came out it was about trying to identify all of the Top Players from around the country and having them compete against each other. It was by far the most competitive HS lacrosse around. Having 3 or 4 teams at the same age group from the same area is watering it down tremendously. I do agree that if it can get a kid playing in front of college coaches, then why not do it? Just don't bill it as some sort of elite/special/select event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top players on Long Island play for YJ. Girls that have been cut by the YJ top team seem to move to other clubs and are usually the top player on that team. So, it only makes sense that most of the AS Black are from YJ.

We all know they had their mind made up before a single kid walked onto that field

Who were the evaluators?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When Under Armour Underclass came out it was about trying to identify all of the Top Players from around the country and having them compete against each other. It was by far the most competitive HS lacrosse around. Having 3 or 4 teams at the same age group from the same area is watering it down tremendously. I do agree that if it can get a kid playing in front of college coaches, then why not do it? Just don't bill it as some sort of elite/special/select event.

UA still only legit ELITE HS tourney.
American Select Biggest money grab going with 3 teams per class. that’s comical.
AS stated last year it was “non-political” selection. biggest laugher ever. Mommy coaching 24 cause last year her kid couldn’t make team and the daddy coach who got daughter on Black for the 26’s is the biggest blank to parents who paid money for their kids to tryout.
If I picked my 3 year old son for the HS team it would’ve be as bad as this clown getting his kid on A team.
Good job AS, way to water down the product and make it a political $$$$ grab in year 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes four teams were selected this year, 85 percent of the kids who tried out made it this year, was told it was to make the three day weekend worth the money. More games will be played than usual, not sure if the other regions selected four teams as well. i can only speak for Long Island.

Its 3 teams guys. Relax everyone why cant we all just be happy for the TEENAGE GIRLS who made it....stop pounding your chests and living through them. Each girl who wants to play in college will. God its so insane how the majority of people act on this site. Remember TEENAGE GIRLS !!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Black, Red, and Grey what is the 4th team?
There is no 4th team. 120 something girls - lots of talent. Evaluators made 3 teams. Black Red Gray. I think Black and Red will be very good teams and lots of college coaches will be watching all the games. Congrats to all.

Gray is a wildcard because they didn't play in it last year.....By the way Black was 2-2 last year and Red was 1-3.......They killed it !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes four teams were selected this year, 85 percent of the kids who tried out made it this year, was told it was to make the three day weekend worth the money. More games will be played than usual, not sure if the other regions selected four teams as well. i can only speak for Long Island.

Its 3 teams guys. Relax everyone why cant we all just be happy for the TEENAGE GIRLS who made it....stop pounding your chests and living through them. Each girl who wants to play in college will. God its so insane how the majority of people act on this site. Remember TEENAGE GIRLS !!!!!!

So for $700+ you can play on a ‘C’ team??
So that’s 6 teams per 2 grades vs UA 1 team per 2 grades and UA is FREE if you make it!!
And if Mommy is your coach you can make Top team…… hmmm yea that’s something i want to be a part of.
Happy for what girls?? the 75% that made it or happy for 750 bucks x 3 teams x 4 classes?? ohhh right it’s for the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Black, Red, and Grey what is the 4th team?
There is no 4th team. 120 something girls - lots of talent. Evaluators made 3 teams. Black Red Gray. I think Black and Red will be very good teams and lots of college coaches will be watching all the games. Congrats to all.

Gray is a wildcard because they didn't play in it last year.....By the way Black was 2-2 last year and Red was 1-3.......They killed it !!!!!

3 teams is ridiculous for a "select" event - especially when the 2 LI teams went 2-2 and 1-3 last year. And now they've added a 3rd team?!? just call it a tournament at this point. what a waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard Black, Red, and Grey what is the 4th team?

Gray is a wildcard because they didn't play in it last year.....By the way Black was 2-2 last year and Red was 1-3.......They killed it !!!!![/quote

I understand why people say it gets watered down by adding more teams. If it was supposed to be equivalent to the level of the UA format? It just seems like another showcase like others and not exclusive? Hopefully some good college coaches attend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe they can pass out participation ribbons too! 3 teams is ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, if they wanted to go head to head with UA for being a select event with the top talent, they needed one team and it to be super selective! Then, the college coaches would know they are going to see the top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYSR YJ and Legacy festival. Supposedly they’re making 2 24 teams ( a 24 /23 and a 24 team) Makes it way less competitive for the 24 class so more spots will be given out. Thoughts on if this is good or bad?

I’m torn.

More spots for kids means more chances for different players who would have made it to make it. At the same time, this waters down another event how many said the watchlist and AS is with 3-4 teams.

I miss the days of 1 elite team of the top girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYSR YJ and Legacy festival. Supposedly they’re making 2 24 teams ( a 24 /23 and a 24 team) Makes it way less competitive for the 24 class so more spots will be given out. Thoughts on if this is good or bad?

I’m torn.

More spots for kids means more chances for different players who would have made it to make it. At the same time, this waters down another event how many said the watchlist and AS is with 3-4 teams.

Yes, a super elite tournament is a good idea. However, I’m glad they are doing these other tournaments and including a lot more girls to get chance to play in front of college coaches. There is room for them all. They just need to be clear what exactly they are and who, as far as colleges will be attending their events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, if they wanted to go head to head with UA for being a select event with the top talent, they needed one team and it to be super selective! Then, the college coaches would know they are going to see the top talent.

yes the AS Black team is really or the UA is prob saying a lot. NYS is combining age groups so it should be a fun tournament not really a be all end all. they will have coaches for 24's im sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m torn.

We will know who the top girls are in about 6 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would the 24/23 team play in the division for 2023? Making one team for each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m torn.

We will know who the top girls are in about 6 months.

The college coaches will let you know who the top girls are. Don’t believe all the hype. Nobody hyped their players more than the YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would the 24/23 team play in the division for 2023? Making one team for each year.

They'd have to play 23 no? So then the 23/24 team would be the A team or vice versa? Confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the extra (red) Long Island American select team last year was done because team Canada did not have tryouts. That left 1 less expected team and Long Island tryouts were done very late. There was a need for an another team and plenty of talent to create one from Long Island. Problem solved.

Adding another long Island team this year just isn't a good look. I'm sure the talent is there and the interest, but what is going to happen at other talented regions? I have no issues with more girls getting a chance to play, but be up front about it. That may be too much to expect for 2 reasons. American Select is competing directing against Under Armour tournament since they are scheduled for the same weekend again. Cashing more checks while diminishing the talent going to the UA tryouts in several months may be American Selects justification behind closed doors.

Have the American Select team from California, Conn., Long Island, Upstate, Florida been publically posted since tryouts are over??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'd have to play 23 no? So then the 23/24 team would be the A team or vice versa? Confused.

Yes. Turnout for 23 was probably light so adding some 24s to the 23 team. No big deal. Nassau will probably do the same. They had to combine 22 and 23 last year to have enough girls.

NYSRC is a fun event. Just a warning. however, at least last year, it's more about in state bragging rights then it is about getting in front of college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the extra (red) Long Island American select team last year was done because team Canada did not have tryouts. That left 1 less expected team and Long Island tryouts were done very late. There was a need for an another team and plenty of talent to create one from Long Island. Problem solved.

Adding another long Island team this year just isn't a good look. I'm sure the talent is there and the interest, but what is going to happen at other talented regions? I have no issues with more girls getting a chance to play, but be up front about it. That may be too much to expect for 2 reasons. American Select is competing directing against Under Armour tournament since they are scheduled for the same weekend again. Cashing more checks while diminishing the talent going to the UA tryouts in several months may be American Selects justification behind closed doors.

Have the American Select team from California, Conn., Long Island, Upstate, Florida been publically posted since tryouts are over??

Very hard to take it serious, when they see enough girls to make more teams, so they do. At $615 per girl, it’s a huge cash cow. It is a shame, as we had high hopes that AS would truly be an elite event and not just another huge showcase. Now, it seems it’s all about the $s and comes across as a money grab?

They are def. Watering it down with so many teams. I Will Probably have my kid tryout for UA now, instead of accepting a spot. Does anyone know if there Is a list of college coaches signed up to attend AS? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Yes more girls made it this year but I know many girls who tried out who didn't make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still great exposure lets stop putting kids down on the "c" team again they are 15/16 years old. detest to break it to you but it isn't going to ruin their life. PARENTS need to be happy for CHILDREN not putting them down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe American Select could spend some money on hiring a second person to run their website and get the rosters posted - California tryouts were back in January!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still great exposure lets stop putting kids down on the "c" team again they are 15/16 years old. detest to break it to you but it isn't going to ruin their life. PARENTS need to be happy for CHILDREN not putting them down.

who's coaching 24's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all agree that we have been somewhat taken advantage of with all these events, whether it be the UA and Best in Class video evaluation process. Maybe it was the multiple Select teams run by the same franchise (Juniors OPen, AS, NYSR). Its always good for the girls to get some type of exposure, extra play and possibly exposed to college coaches. Obviously every parent wants their child to be selected and recognized for their abilities, just as the parents do as well. These events like many in the past have become extremely popular and expensive commitments. My only real gripe is they have not made commitments as to what college coaches will be attending these events. I like many others have committed to two of these events already, but we have not been made aware of who and if any colleges are locked in as of yet. I would think for the amount of money being charged, there should be a defined amount of colleges committed to these events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all agree that we have been somewhat taken advantage of with all these events, whether it be the UA and Best in Class video evaluation process. Maybe it was the multiple Select teams run by the same franchise (Juniors OPen, AS, NYSR). Its always good for the girls to get some type of exposure, extra play and possibly exposed to college coaches. Obviously every parent wants their child to be selected and recognized for their abilities, just as the parents do as well. These events like many in the past have become extremely popular and expensive commitments. My only real gripe is they have not made commitments as to what college coaches will be attending these events. I like many others have committed to two of these events already, but we have not been made aware of who and if any colleges are locked in as of yet. I would think for the amount of money being charged, there should be a defined amount of colleges committed to these events.

I wish Jrs Open would release a coach list. I'm not as worried about AS and UA150 because we know who was there last year. I hope this one isn't a mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Message we got yesterdays seems to be that the 23/24 is the 24 b team because better 23s are committed and not doing this event. The all 24 team is the top 24s. Who cares either way though. If you want to play and made a team, play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Message we got yesterdays seems to be that the 23/24 is the 24 b team because better 23s are committed and not doing this event. The all 24 team is the top 24s. Who cares either way though. If you want to play and made a team, play!

So this event ended at 10pm at night and an email was sent out the same night. Seems like the list of players was already made before the tryouts happened if within a couple of hours they already sent out invitations. Just doesn’t feel like a real tryout what time did they have to go over the list and truly evaluate what they seen. Don’t get me wrong. If you been around this for a while you know who the top Suffolk girls are but if your making two teams that’s a different story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if you are not on the top(Black) team it might make you look bad.

Why? Ok sure if on 2nd team you were evaluated as a top 6 mid / attack / D or top 2 goalie. The horror
3rd best goalie on LI should prolly quit. It’s over. Also by the perfect metrics your 3rd not 2nd or a Middie who rated as 8 not say 4-6? Obviously if on 2nd team kid isn’t a top 10 player but separation between say the 11-50 kids are pretty close I’ve noticed over the years.
If the 2nd team was at other fields playing other “2nd” teams than sure not great. Last year the 23 and 24 Red played all other regions top team. If your team is weak it may be a poor experience but if they aren’t kid will be getting great exposure to coaches. There were tons there last year. I read here if it ain’t top 25 school than failure. Not sure how 22 team did but 23 Black LI had many top picks and 23 Red had it looks like 12 of 17 kids do very well. Unless website is wrong it looks like
Brown
Penn
Stony Brook x 2
Lafayette
Hi Point
ECU
Pace
SHU
UMass
Marist
Cortland
Florida Southern
I bet I missed 1 or 2 but that’s not to bad.

Black team was better
Virginia x 2 Stanford x 2
Norte Dane Yale
Stony Brook. X 3 JMU
Albany. Quinnipiac
Kent State Binghamton x 2
Navy. Delaware
UNC. Florida x 3
Hofstra Duke
Villanova

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my God. Did you just ask who the A team is !!!!!! Please think before you type. Does it really F'N matter !!! We all should be pulling for EVERY girl that made any of these select teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Turnout for 23 was probably light so adding some 24s to the 23 team. No big deal. Nassau will probably do the same. They had to combine 22 and 23 last year to have enough girls.

NYSRC is a fun event. Just a warning. however, at least last year, it's more about in state bragging rights then it is about getting in front of college coaches.

The majority of the 23's from last year did not do it this year because the competition was horrible. They won all 5 games they played by an average of 13 goals a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The email was not sent out last night.

So this event ended at 10pm at night and an email was sent out the same night. Seems like the list of players was already made before the tryouts happened if within a couple of hours they already sent out invitations. Just doesn’t feel like a real tryout what time did they have to go over the list and truly evaluate what they seen. Don’t get me wrong. If you been around this for a while you know who the top Suffolk girls are but if your making two teams that’s a different story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The emails came out this afternoon, not last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ who cares either way” but let me try and put down a group of teenagers because of some information another daddy told me . darn you guys are sour ! You will look for anyway to put down a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ who cares either way” but let me try and put down a group of teenagers because of some information another daddy told me . darn you guys are sour ! You will look for anyway to put down a kid.

Someone asked. It isn’t putting kids down, they aren’t even reading this. 23 didn’t have enough so they basically made a 24 second team. I think it’s great girls who wouldn’t have made the 24 team have an opportunity to play. I also agree with the poster who said the team was made before the tryout. Majority of team is the same as last year same two teams with 1-3 girls from other teams that probably had some sort of connection and had strings pulled.

The 23/24 team has very few kids on it who are on the two teams that run the Suffolk teams. Pay attention to who makes it and you’ll see any kids not on those two teams didn’t make the “A” team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should change the name to ASE - American Select Everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither one are elite events. Coaches know it, parents know it, players know it. Same goes for the Junior Open and the other over hyped flavor of the month events. The least advertised showcases that have stood the test of time are the best bang for your buck. They still get quality coaches and good instruction. I don't subscribe the whole money grab theory. Its the FOMO parents that write the checks and create the false hysteria. None of these events are be all end all for recruiting. Most coaches have a list of kids they are coming to watch and hope that another few kids pop and then they add them to their list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to see the coaching list just go to

www.bestlacrossecoachesontheplanet.com.

Page 55 of 73 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard