BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 73 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was this 2024 pre-season watch list selected? There some town teams where the entire Highschools 24 class was selected and then some high schools with like no kids selected

What list are you referring to?

The journal one

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was this 2024 pre-season watch list selected? There some town teams where the entire Highschools 24 class was selected and then some high schools with like no kids selected

The journal one

That journal thing is a joke. Would you really include that in your Bio you are sending to coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The journal one

That journal thing is a joke. Would you really include that in your Bio you are sending to coaches.

I just want to know how the girls were evaluated who made it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The journal one

Who knows, congrats to the girls who were recognized but it's just way too many players and what is it a "Watch List" for? 190 players, really? Lists like these are part of the problem, now we will have 190 parents believing that their daughter is some sort of top tier player. This contributes to all the complaining when players do not make UA Underclass or whatever. Just like every other year, there are probably 25 legit players in the class of 2024. Every time one of these lists comes out there is one truth that is told on this site... "the only lists that matter are the lists that the college coaches keep" and the recruiting process lets everyone know how the players stack up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The journal one

Who knows, congrats to the girls who were recognized but it's just way too many players and what is it a "Watch List" for? 190 players, really? Lists like these are part of the problem, now we will have 190 parents believing that their daughter is some sort of top tier player. This contributes to all the complaining when players do not make UA Underclass or whatever. Just like every other year, there are probably 25 legit players in the class of 2024. Every time one of these lists comes out there is one truth that is told on this site... "the only lists that matter are the lists that the college coaches keep" and the recruiting process lets everyone know how the players stack up.

It’s nice for the girls to see their name on something. It gives them something to keep working for.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The journal one

Congrats to whoever made it! If your kid didn’t, it doesn’t mean their recruiting life is over!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter does not play for the specific club why would you come on here and stir the pot ? Lots of people making claims and assumptions, when they supposedly don’t have any relationship to the club in question. I’ll never understand why so many people are fixated on other clubs.

Yes. You are so right and it’s always the same story with a slightly different spin.

Vicious and mean. Maybe this person should focus less on others and work on their own problems.

I’ve posted about this club myself and have witnessed other posts so it’s more than one person. Maybe I’m vicious or mean by your standard but holding others accountable and/or asking questions isn’t a bad thing in my book

Constantly posing as a parent and acting like you are airing the clubs dirty laundry over and over is weak. Please settle your grudge somewhere else.

Exactly! Someone with an axe to grind…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter does not play for the specific club why would you come on here and stir the pot ? Lots of people making claims and assumptions, when they supposedly don’t have any relationship to the club in question. I’ll never understand why so many people are fixated on other clubs.

Yes. You are so right and it’s always the same story with a slightly different spin.

Vicious and mean. Maybe this person should focus less on others and work on their own problems.

I’ve posted about this club myself and have witnessed other posts so it’s more than one person. Maybe I’m vicious or mean by your standard but holding others accountable and/or asking questions isn’t a bad thing in my book

Constantly posing as a parent and acting like you are airing the clubs dirty laundry over and over is weak. Please settle your grudge somewhere else.

Exactly! Someone with an axe to grind…

If there is dirty laundry to be aired you should probably spend more time fixing that than sitting on this website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ is a business. Watch list and all-star teams are marketing devices to encourage folks to go to their camps and clinics, no more no less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterdays American Select tryout was another YJ promotion, they knew who was making the team before the tryouts even happened. Couldn't even not have their 2024 YJ tent up right as you walk in. All YJ girls were playing together and everyone else was a after thought.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterdays American Select tryout was another YJ promotion, they knew who was making the team before the tryouts even happened. Couldn't even not have their 2024 YJ tent up right as you walk in. All YJ girls were playing together and everyone else was a after thought.

FOMO wins again!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easily over 100 girls just for the 2024. Anyone making this team will definitely be getting in front of the top coaches in the country. If you are on the Black team means you are in the top 10% in the country. Congrats to anyone who makes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great event but it really is for a player already on YJ. YJ players calling out plays while in the game and not playing as a team.
I guess LAX is every player for themselves and not a team mentality and that is OK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how any player makes this list who was not on varsity last year. The list was supposedly generated by High School stats, Winter league and the LILJ showcase. So many non Varsity players on this list is insulting to the girls who earned it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great event but it really is for a player already on YJ. YJ players calling out plays while in the game and not playing as a team.
I guess LAX is every player for themselves and not a team mentality and that is OK.

Better get used to it, selfish players do selfish things. Saturday I watched a selfish player on a highly ranked college team almost cost her team the game 2X in the last couple of minutes. Only a matter of time before the selfishness cost her team a big game. Really unbelievable to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how any player makes this list who was not on varsity last year. The list was supposedly generated by High School stats, Winter league and the LILJ showcase. So many non Varsity players on this list is insulting to the girls who earned it.

Can we move on, the list means nothing, there are way too many players on the list. Bring it down to maybe 40 (even that is probably too many).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lilj got everyone in fomo mode

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top players on Long Island play for YJ. Girls that have been cut by the YJ top team seem to move to other clubs and are usually the top player on that team. So, it only makes sense that most of the AS Black are from YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No! That is not OK! College coaches do not want selfish players. They want team players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top players on Long Island play for YJ. Girls that have been cut by the YJ top team seem to move to other clubs and are usually the top player on that team. So, it only makes sense that most of the AS Black are from YJ.

We all know they had their mind made up before a single kid walked onto that field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS players walking around "evaluating" full teams sitting out and one of the worst run things ive seen. Teams picked before it started

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No! That is not OK! College coaches do not want selfish players. They want team players.

Sadly that is not always the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash for the American select teams going forward. The great majority of the best players in any region now play for the top clubs by the time they are sophomores. Upstate will mostly be Monsters girls; Conny will mostly be Grizzlies; MD will mostly be M&D and Skywalkers; NJ will mostly be STEPS, Mass will mostly be Laxachusetts and Mass Elite: PA Tiple H and Ultimate etc, etc. There were several girls on some American Select teams last year that were overmatched. They weren't from the top clubs, they had a great day at the tryouts and made the team. It really was D2 and D3 college evaluators last year and it wasn't perfect, but it was as impartial as you can hope for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was Chris Rock that said you only as faithful as your options. It's applies to life and the 2024 girls club lacrosse landscape. When your a great player on a decent team, you have options and can jump to the top club in your region. If you are a decent player on a decent team, a top club is not an option for you. That's were we are for the 2024's. The top players have made their way to the best club they can play for. There is still plenty of room at the collegiate level for thousands of girls who want to keep playing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was Chris Rock that said you only as faithful as your options. It's applies to life and the 2024 girls club lacrosse landscape. When your a great player on a decent team, you have options and can jump to the top club in your region. If you are a decent player on a decent team, a top club is not an option for you. That's were we are for the 2024's. The top players have made their way to the best club they can play for. There is still plenty of room at the collegiate level for thousands of girls who want to keep playing!

With over 500+ colleges offering 4 yr. Lacrosse, there is prob. A place for every girl who wants to play in college! Hoping all the Girls find a place that will be a good fit, as every girls journey is different. Best of luck to them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who didn’t make AS needs to stink it up buttercup. Same parents every time complaining the event is unfair or a money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who didn’t make AS needs to stink it up buttercup. Same parents every time complaining the event is unfair or a money grab.

I think some of it, is connections and political. However, by sophomore year the top players are already usually known and generally will be chosen to be on these teams even before the tryouts. The remainder of the spots could go to a number of other players on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think some of it, is connections and political. However, by sophomore year the top players are already usually known and generally will be chosen to be on these teams even before the tryouts. The remainder of the spots could go to a number of other players on any given day.

The same parents will complain every time that it was any reason BUT their kids skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same parents will complain every time that it was any reason BUT their kids skills.

Aren't there three teams for LI this year? At this point it's clearly a money grab. Pretty much everyone making it at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren't there three teams for LI this year? At this point it's clearly a money grab. Pretty much everyone making it at this point.

Again, your kid must not have made it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if you made the black team it’s worth the money. You will be playing with the top talent from Long Island versus the top talent in the country in front of the top college coaches. Especially, if it is your recruiting year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're assuming my kid tried out. Not in Long Island. My point is, what the heck is the point of having three "All Star" teams? Kind of losses it's appeal if pretty much half the girls make it. My complaint here is that it should be only one team...I'm not complaining about politics...I get how the machine works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're assuming my kid tried out. Not in Long Island. My point is, what the heck is the point of having three "All Star" teams? Kind of losses it's appeal if pretty much half the girls make it. My complaint here is that it should be only one team...I'm not complaining about politics...I get how the machine works.

i believe it's actually 4 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes four teams were selected this year, 85 percent of the kids who tried out made it this year, was told it was to make the three day weekend worth the money. More games will be played than usual, not sure if the other regions selected four teams as well. i can only speak for Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone made it this year, relax buttercup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes four teams were selected this year, 85 percent of the kids who tried out made it this year, was told it was to make the three day weekend worth the money. More games will be played than usual, not sure if the other regions selected four teams as well. i can only speak for Long Island.
But if you are not on the top(Black) team it might make you look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
obviously you want the Black team, but the girls don't control that aspect of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if you are not on the top(Black) team it might make you look bad.

It all comes out in the wash, the college coaches will let everyone know who the best players are. The kids that receive offers from the best college programs like BC, UNC, Northwestern , Maryland, Virginia and the other 10-15 schools that are always on top are most likely the best players. Collectively those coaches do not miss many legit players, they just don’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Black, Red, and Grey what is the 4th team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Black, Red, and Grey what is the 4th team?
There is no 4th team. 120 something girls - lots of talent. Evaluators made 3 teams. Black Red Gray. I think Black and Red will be very good teams and lots of college coaches will be watching all the games. Congrats to all.

Page 54 of 73 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard