BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Entering Hs. Had daughters Hs coach question playing a fall sport because it interfered with lacrosse. Has anyone had that issue

That's ridiculous. Any college coach out there would blast whoever said that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Entering Hs. Had daughters Hs coach question playing a fall sport because it interfered with lacrosse. Has anyone had that issue

Her (future) high school lacrosse coach is questioning her playing a fall sport at the high school? Seriously? That's ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw five girls from the B team getting ready to make the move to Spallina.
No surprise there. Goalie is next

overrated

you can have them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Thanks for the $250. We've got a nice spot on the bench for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So by overrated you mean the main pieces that were able to beat M&D, heroes, and Skywalker's over the summer?

Let's have at least a little dose of reality, they power the jabroni pony...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

Hearing there has been a lot of movement in the 2025s? Teams are going to look very different this year. Going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. It’s Any clubs game on LI now, at this age group!

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more

Big question????? What 2025 team is YJA this coming year? Isn’t 4/5 girls leaving current one?

What a shame. Grass isn’t always greener. Who would think kids would leave one of the

They are going there to stand on the sidelines to replace the other girls who stood on the sidelines? Asking for a friend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They are going there to stand on the sidelines to replace the other girls who stood on the sidelines? Asking for a friend"

Negative trolls. Why even say that? How does it affect you at all? It's their CHOICE. I'm sure they are going eyes wide open and have a good idea of how things have been in the past. No reason to bash the people leaving, the team you are leaving or any of the coaches or players on any of the teams. Not everyone wants the same thing. Hopefully each of the girls (or their mom or dad that likely drove the moves) that moved from any of the teams is happier where they land. Love when a Mom is in shock a team didn't try harder to keep her daughter...because they know the cancerous parent comes with her. If everyone winds up where they want to be hopefully the negativity will die down... Can't believe there is still another week of this garbage commentary on the shuffling. Peace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like people have wised up and realized that there are other good places you can play and not have to deal with the terrible culture JS allows

no one is afraid of him anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like people have wised up and realized that there are other good places you can play and not have to deal with the terrible culture JS allows

Also, at that age the girls know they need to go somewhere they will see playing time in the tournaments. Recruiting years coming up. Can’t sit in the sidelines and play 2nd fiddle to coaches favorites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

Hearing there has been a lot of movement in the 2025s? Teams are going to look very different this year. Going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. It’s Any clubs game on LI now, at this age group!

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more

Big question????? What 2025 team is YJA this coming year? Isn’t 4/5 girls leaving current one?

What a shame. Grass isn’t always greener. Who would think kids would leave one of the

They are going there to stand on the sidelines to replace the other girls who stood on the sidelines? Asking for a friend

Exactly!! My advice coming from having 3 lacrosse playing kids. Coming into this sport, we knew nothing. Seemed like fun and many friends were doing it. My kids were mediocre at best, but decent athletes. I learned that this sport is all about politics. HOWEVER, if your kid actually works hard. I mean everyday. Doesn't have to be with a trainer, but that definitely helps if you can't/won't help out yourself (most of the best players had/have a parent that pushes them and trains with them EVERY day). So, it's not really a big secret. It's about how hard your kid works. If your kid doesn't want to replace another girl sitting the bench, I recommend she put the hard work in now. She must PROVE in practice why she belongs on the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, at that age the girls know they need to go somewhere they will see playing time in the tournaments. Recruiting years coming up. Can’t sit in the sidelines and play 2nd fiddle to coaches favorites.

or worse his daughter’s favorites

poison culture no wonder people are running for the hills or hoping they get dropped down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

poison culture no wonder people are running for the hills or hoping they get dropped down

Is it OK to ask to be dropped “down”
To a different team If you play for YJs? I’m sure many would like to move teams. Or, simply get a new coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what culture?

the team hasnt practiced consistently since third grade and the head “coach” makes to maybe two tournaments a year

the talented kids make that team great not some absentee figurehead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!! My advice coming from having 3 lacrosse playing kids. Coming into this sport, we knew nothing. Seemed like fun and many friends were doing it. My kids were mediocre at best, but decent athletes. I learned that this sport is all about politics. HOWEVER, if your kid actually works hard. I mean everyday. Doesn't have to be with a trainer, but that definitely helps if you can't/won't help out yourself (most of the best players had/have a parent that pushes them and trains with them EVERY day). So, it's not really a big secret. It's about how hard your kid works. If your kid doesn't want to replace another girl sitting the bench, I recommend she put the hard work in now. She must PROVE in practice why she belongs on the field.

So true half of the noise on here are peoples kids who aren’t good enough and Mommmy and daddy need someone to blame If you don’t like where you are leave and trust me NO one WANTS to be on the B or C team especially in recruiting years Top colleges don’t waste time with those teams I have an older daughter and this is so true regardless of CR’s claims. Your kid just needs to work and find the right fit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Ask the big Mama from BPPP she tried push out JS & MBS from YJB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really impressive how you responded to your own comment three times in row IP address just sign your name or we will We get it your kid didn’t play there and your trying to justify your daughter going to another team NO one cares
Management

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more[/quote

This is very true. Find a spot that works for you. Reading this makes me laugh. Sounds like jabronis Need a red cup party Funny they act like they are so good and are an A team but most don’t have guts to tryout for top guns knowing they couldn’t make it why CR keeps you away from
Tournaments we are in easier to say you can beat us instead of being able Easier to complain in anonymity B players B parents at least TG will play in top brackets through recruiting years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are moving to where they are actually going to get to play and be giving training and opportunity to PLAY on teams that get to play top competition at tournaments. Not always the case on the YJ multiple teams.

This is very true CR tries to manipulate the tournaments and close other local teams out of them and it keeps kids staying on 2nd and 3rd YJ teams but it’s total BS

Agreed it’s insane how she blocks other clubs from every wring high profile tournaments.

This way her B C teams don’t get blown out by other local
Clubs top teams. TG is 4/5 betwe than Jabroni Legacy is very close if not better and both better than Lomo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her (future) high school lacrosse coach is questioning her playing a fall sport at the high school? Seriously? That's ridiculous

I would discuss it with them first have to think something was lost from the conversation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Mom leads the poison. Enabling the daughter. Most everyone who plays lines up to pucker up. JS shows up every once in a while to keep the checks coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more[/quote

They a

This is very true. Find a spot that works for you. Reading this makes me laugh. Sounds like jabronis Need a red cup party Funny they act like they are so good and are an A team but most don’t have guts to tryout for top guns knowing they couldn’t make it why CR keeps you away from
Tournaments we are in easier to say you can beat us instead of being able Easier to complain in anonymity B players B parents at least TG will play in top brackets through recruiting years

Very true YJ jabroni will be relegated to lower brackets in recruiting tournaments so you are better off being top gun or legacy instead of B or C team. Just go look at recent tournaments for 2023 and you’ll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what culture?

the team hasnt practiced consistently since third grade and the head “coach” makes to maybe two tournaments a year

the talented kids make that team great not some absentee figurehead

If the team “has not practiced consistently since third grade” as you say, how does that make for a good team? Sounds more like individual play, making it a winning team? Half the team sits, so a few individuals can shine? That’s not a great TEAM. Especially in development years. Maybe HS age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

Great thing with travel lax is if you don’t like it go somewhere else. Been around this a long time with older kids almost every year bottom 4 kids leave the team. New four kids come on and it’s a never ending cycle No matter what team your on this happens and those players have the right to do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

So true half of the noise on here are peoples kids who aren’t good enough and Mommmy and daddy need someone to blame If you don’t like where you are leave and trust me NO one WANTS to be on the B or C team especially in recruiting years Top colleges don’t waste time with those teams I have an older daughter and this is so true regardless of CR’s claims. Your kid just needs to work and find the right fit[/quote]

Not true stony brook lefty attacker 2019 from NB was on yj second team n started as freshman at SBn killed it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

So true half of the noise on here are peoples kids who aren’t good enough and Mommmy and daddy need someone to blame If you don’t like where you are leave and trust me NO one WANTS to be on the B or C team especially in recruiting years Top colleges don’t waste time with those teams I have an older daughter and this is so true regardless of CR’s claims. Your kid just needs to work and find the right fit

Not true stony brook lefty attacker 2019 from NB was on yj second team n started as freshman at SBn killed it[/quote]

Say what you want about him but he is probably the only top 15 coach that can go that route and get the success with Hidden talent that CR buries on B teams because she isn’t from a blue blood town . I agree with you that player is excellent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They a

Very true YJ jabroni will be relegated to lower brackets in recruiting tournaments so you are better off being top gun or legacy instead of B or C team. Just go look at recent tournaments for 2023 and you’ll see.

They a

Pretty interesting just went and looked and I see what your saying the top teams are playing each other while B teams are playing other B teams and I see how this would impact recruiting. Never thought to look at that just assumed It to be different thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, can’t be true if you are seeing 50/60 commits a year. “A” Team doesn’t have that many players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns??? Did they beat any YJ teams this past year??? I don't think so. Ditto for Legacy... 4th at best (now you can tell me to watch out because the team got so much better after tryouts. blah, blah, blah. At least hope is renewed. The field will decide over the course of the coming year...)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, can’t be true if you are seeing 50/60 commits a year. “A” Team doesn’t have that many players!

Just need to go back on website it’s all there Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They a

They a

Pretty interesting just went and looked and I see what your saying the top teams are playing each other while B teams are playing other B teams and I see how this would impact recruiting. Never thought to look at that just assumed It to be different thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why she has not been around & the Dad has been demoted on the Dad Coaching Staff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Ask the parent from BPPP - she tried push out JS & MBS from YJB.

How did she try that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone care to opine on why CR places her tryouts after everyone else's have finished? Is this a case of Forced Loyalty to the Queen bee where you've decided to stay with YJ, or just another in a long line of genius moves by CR where you're already trapped in the hive after tryout results, even if you get placed on Markowitz/Galvin/YJ Rush, God forbid...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone care to opine on why CR places her tryouts after everyone else's have finished? Is this a case of Forced Loyalty to the Queen bee where you've decided to stay with YJ, or just another in a long line of genius moves by CR where you're already trapped in the hive after tryout results, even if you get placed on Markowitz/Galvin/YJ Rush, God forbid...

Great question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They a

They a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

The issue is the brackets they are in many top coaches don’t even watch the lower brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a drop off with levels of schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They a

They a

Just go somewhere your kid will play and don’t be a drams parent it’ll work out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Less chance of a kid flipping clubs and she can place them on one of eighth teams in age group

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard