BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 324 of 327 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how do the numbers shake out outside the top 15 because that's where most of the players end up?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how do the numbers shake out outside the top 15 because that's where most of the players end up?

Thats a pretty broad question, you are talking about 100 plus teams.

The discussion was started by the parent of a player who is ranked in the "Top 20" of recruits. Players of that caliber choose to go to Top 10 - 20 caliber programs every time.

Just looked at some schools for 2018 or 2019

Mercer 2019: 7

Columbia 2019: 7

Drexel 2018: 4

Bucknell 2018: 10

Elon 2018: 8

Colorado 2018: 10

From what I have seen, The average number of recruits at any given program is 8 - 9. Most schools keep a roster 30 - 35. 2021 may be different due to pandemic, time will tell what teams do going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for parents with college experience. If you’re daughter is a top recruit (top 20 ranked) has excellent grades. What type of scholarship should be expected? Ivy is also an option and we would probably qualify for about half tuition. Wondering if it the scholarship money would be be better at a non Ivy but top academic and lax school like NW, Stanford, Duke. Would appreciate any insight!

Did you plug your numbers in to any Ivy financial aid calculators? Ivy aid varies from school to school.

Yes

Your point on "half tuition" doesn't seem accurate considering every Ivy operates off of different financial aid calculations. That said, I have heard that some of Ivy's will match a better "Ivy financial aid offer" if the recruit can prove that they actually have an offer from another Ivy coach / school.

Top 20 Recruits can usually choose whatever school they want. The scholarship offer will depend on where your daughter is ranked on the coaches list. Every situation is different so you really have to go through the process to see just where your daughter stands. The good news is that if your daughter is ranked in the Top 20 she will have some awesome opportunities at some amazing schools. Lacrosse will open many doors and it will help to make college affordable.

Some of the comments on here about Goalies getting the lions share of $$ are not entirely accurate. Coaches prioritize what they need in each recruiting class and they do not always need a goalie. The type of player that your daughter is will dictate how a coach views her and where she falls on the coaches "priority" list. It's not just about how good the player is, it's about what the coach needs in that recruiting class.

There is no hard rule as to how much $$ a recruit will be offered, every situation is different.

Good luck to you and your daughter it sounds like your daughter has very bright future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to the area. When does this team usually run tryouts? Assuming my daughter is offered a spot on a team, which ones are worthwhile and which should be avoided?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to the area. When does this team usually run tryouts? Assuming my daughter is offered a spot on a team, which ones are worthwhile and which should be avoided?
What age group is your daughters. This league runs tryouts in August. You're offered a spot on a team, you don't get to choose which one (not sure what "which ones should be avoided" means)

Are you asking which leagues should be avoided?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group is your daughters. This league runs tryouts in August. You're offered a spot on a team, you don't get to choose which one (not sure what "which ones should be avoided" means)

Not the original poster but where did you read "league"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but where did you read "league"?

It works if you substitute "Team" for "League"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ losing some steam. They only rank number one in the country in one age group. Can't remember the last time this happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn’t even be #1 at 2025. Not sure how a team has 54 wins playing top competition and ends up 2nd to a team that has 13 wins. I guess Spallina name is worth a ton of Wins

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having an older daughter the great thing is the kids are now in HS it’s now about positioning your kid to get recruited no one cares who has the best 9th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and it seems like they cheated to win as well... GOD BLESS the Sheep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the YJ vs Steps game in the US Lax finals. The best players on that YJ team are the middies, but the ball always has to go down low, and run the offense thru one girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids and parents lined up for spots on that team , just watch

look at his influence at UA & AS kids on both rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you cheat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The W.H Dad took over the Team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the YJ vs Steps game in the US Lax finals. The best players on that YJ team are the middies, but the ball always has to go down low, and run the offense thru one girl.

That is the Spallina Way! I coach your kid to showcase my kid(s). Then I blast social media with my kid and have them proclaimed #1 off your kid's hard work.

I think the worst part is the parents know their kids are being used and let it happen anyway. Everyone on Long Island knows it, and the parents still smile and pretend it's not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be a lot of movement this year in YJ? specifically 24/25/26 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do tell, how did they “cheat”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The W.H Dad took over the Team

All the kids detest this guy as do the parents. Trying to work the system for his own kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be a lot of movement this year in YJ? specifically 24/25/26 ?

Probably. As the recruiting years begin, players get added to the blue teams. Brought over from other clubs, some from out of state (Wurzberger/Ronsga). They don’t get added for depth, they start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They start. They win. They get recruited as does anyone who plays YJ blue. My daughter was on one of them. Worked out well. AlwYs felt bad for other clubs who traveled and watched their daughters ride the pine while they spent all that money on hotels and didn’t enjoy time with their other kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They start. They win. They get recruited as does anyone who plays YJ blue. My daughter was on one of them. Worked out well. AlwYs felt bad for other clubs who traveled and watched their daughters ride the pine while they spent all that money on hotels and didn’t enjoy time with their other kids.

Think your remembering the good old days. YJ teams are not what they once were and are out ranked Ann beaten by other Long Island teams in a few age groups. They currently have only one team ranked number one, the ‘25s. All YJ blue girls are not recruited to top schools. Fact. And if you want to mention riding pine, and your daughter isn’t a starter, or you’re not a parent coach favoriting her, there will be plenty of pine riding. In fact, that’s why many girls leave YJ. Not all rainbows and butterflies there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think your remembering the good old days. YJ teams are not what they once were and are out ranked Ann beaten by other Long Island teams in a few age groups. They currently have only one team ranked number one, the ‘25s. All YJ blue girls are not recruited to top schools. Fact. And if you want to mention riding pine, and your daughter isn’t a starter, or you’re not a parent coach favoriting her, there will be plenty of pine riding. In fact, that’s why many girls leave YJ. Not all rainbows and butterflies there!

TG ‘23 and ‘22 both rank higher than YJs. Next years ‘24s will be much improved and will surpass YJs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are complete stunads Like complete with user manual Who cares. If you detest YJ play somewhere else The fact you come on here and debate it tells us all YJ is in your head and your kid is probably as terrible a lacrosse player as you are parent. Also the one guy who keeps responding to themselves get a hobby Tryouts are coming enjoy the rest of your summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are complete stunads Like complete with user manual Who cares. If you detest YJ play somewhere else The fact you come on here and debate it tells us all YJ is in your head and your kid is probably as terrible a lacrosse player as you are parent. Also the one guy who keeps responding to themselves get a hobby Tryouts are coming enjoy the rest of your summer

First time in awhile I agree w something on here Why are you so hung up on YJ. YJ has been around the longest so it’s the most established. There are other options just go wherever your daughter is happy it’s all that matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time in awhile I agree w something on here Why are you so hung up on YJ. YJ has been around the longest so it’s the most established. There are other options just go wherever your daughter is happy it’s all that matters

YJ -Legacy -Top Guns are three options that are all great clubs there are also second tier clubs that offer great options Just find the right fit and don’t look back. If you don’t like what you currently have it’s tryout season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come the YJ club isn’t as dominant as they once were? Great that girls have so many more competitive options than they did a few years ago!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prob a combo of much more competition now (many more club options) and lack of attention from YJ mgmt and coaches. Riding on coattails

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prob a combo of much more competition now (many more club options) and lack of attention from YJ mgmt and coaches. Riding on coattails

YJ doesn’t offer consistent training across all their teams. Very coach dependent but they’re happy to cash the checks from anyone willing to pay. It’s become a money grab instead of a real program that develops players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ -Legacy -Top Guns are three options that are all great clubs there are also second tier clubs that offer great options Just find the right fit and don’t look back. If you don’t like what you currently have it’s tryout season.

Agree, but if you want to be fat shamed and treated like a piece of meat join Gold Coast! they will also not help you with recruiting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ doesn’t offer consistent training across all their teams. Very coach dependent but they’re happy to cash the checks from anyone willing to pay. It’s become a money grab instead of a real program that develops players

YJ and top guns manage the Talent program like legacy has lesser talent but coaches them to be better and to me is probably doing it best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ and top guns manage the Talent program like legacy has lesser talent but coaches them to be better and to me is probably doing it best

Legacy tryouts were packed this year for 2026 and 2027. I'm not sure about the other ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In other words, get in line SHEEP!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy tryouts were packed this year for 2026 and 2027. I'm not sure about the other ages.

Legacy will be too club within a few years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad. Legacy won’t exist in 2 years. Their. Legacy will be just that……they were here and stunk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad. Legacy won’t exist in 2 years. Their. Legacy will be just that……they were here and stunk

The stunad is you! Look in the mirror. Where does your daughter play? Only a lost would put down another quality program which is great for LI. What’s wrong with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids and parents lined up for spots on that team , just watch

look at his influence at UA & AS kids on both rosters

Lots of YJblue kids didn’t even make the call back game at UA, and anyone could make AS. Anyone.

Like Reply Quote
Page 324 of 327 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard