BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bring Honesty Back
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bearded_Kaos
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game? Update on responses:

1) you are a glass half empty guy, move along
2) forget the cheating, it will not matter in 11th grade.
3) Your kid stinks

Well, they are responses. Anything to avoid the core issue of age grade cheating by the clubs. You are right I am a donk, my kid stinks, I am salty, I need to get a hobby, all the other stuff. Just one question. Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game?

Please name the club where this happened.

Express šŸ˜Ž

When are where did this happen?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm used to the holdbacks, but if teams are dropping players down for the summer before they actually reclass that that seems like cheating to me. Lacrosse year starts after tryouts. If you player from Sept through June on a 2025, dropping down to a 2026 for the summer is cheating. Dropping down in September while repeating 8th grade is not.

Would love to play poker with you! Wrong again. If the player is a 2026 grad year they can play 2024, 2025, 2026 all year long, even in the same tournament if it is approved by the TD, as long as they do not play 2027. The whiner, complainer above is funny and seems unstable.

Sounds like Express 2026 parent who didn't like losing in NLF. You play who is in front of you and do your best. It doesn't matter. They all will be in HS together and play in college together. Whether the kid plays down in July or Sept it is what it is and it isn't going to change. I don't like holdbacks but judging by the top 15 2022 Boys holding your kids back WORKS. Couple of the kids were 2 years older than a "normal" 2022. IL celebrates it, why wouldn't parents do it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to developing players, relationships and loyalty? If you want to add to your roster, wait until next season. Why do it when you have a team that practices together and works together as a unit? Call me old school but there is such a thing as comraderie-bringing in players mid season just messes with your kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Club Lacrosse would simply adopt rules as USSoccer/USAHockey/USBaseball (Hard age driven) - These issues would never occur. Itā€™s sad that this has never been really addressed. Canā€™t imagine how many children have been injured by a kid 2-3 years older ....playing in the same ā€˜Grade Drivenā€™ division. In all intensive purposes ....itā€™s cheating. But it really isnā€™t if there are no rules stating otherwise. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Agree. Unfortunately it will take a lawsuit to force their hand as well as the lax tournament directors to enforce

What are you talking about? We donā€™t need a lawsuit.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Club Lacrosse would simply adopt rules as USSoccer/USAHockey/USBaseball (Hard age driven) - These issues would never occur. Itā€™s sad that this has never been really addressed. Canā€™t imagine how many children have been injured by a kid 2-3 years older ....playing in the same ā€˜Grade Drivenā€™ division. In all intensive purposes ....itā€™s cheating. But it really isnā€™t if there are no rules stating otherwise. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Agree. Unfortunately it will take a lawsuit to force their hand as well as the lax tournament directors to enforce

No? Then they should fix it.

You will get one litigious parent whose 11 year old son gets a serious head injury from a 13-14 year old and their lawyer will find a way that the lax tournament directors and US lax were negligent in allowing. and older kids to compete in an advertised 2028 group.

I wouldn't be that person but you know the world we live in and it could happen. And they don't even need to win the lawsuit but thi gs would change quickly.

In courts look at reasoable and customary things that similar organizations do and if you are an outlier you are exposed legally.

Will it ever happen?? Maybe not but why risk it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we need to change some teams names because they are offensive lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will get one litigious parent whose 11 year old son gets a serious head injury from a 13-14 year old and their lawyer will find a way that the lax tournament directors and US lax were negligent in allowing. and older kids to compete in an advertised 2028 group.

I wouldn't be that person but you know the world we live in and it could happen. And they don't even need to win the lawsuit but thi gs would change quickly.

In courts look at reasoable and customary things that similar organizations do and if you are an outlier you are exposed legally.

My point was complaining about it constantly on here isnā€™t going to change anything. There a literally hundreds of threads on here about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point was complaining about it constantly on here isnā€™t going to change anything. There a literally hundreds of threads on here about holdbacks.

Agreed, just pick one of the high school classes, like 2023, and compare the threads on this forum from 3-4 years ago with the discussions today. The 2023 boys forum is almost inactive these days, but was blowing up with the LI vs. MD holdback/reclass discussions a few years ago...and the reason why...because the 2023s started playing high school lacrosse with juniors and seniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still don't see anybody posting name of teams with age groups who are "cheating". Until you do that stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only a matter of time

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still don't see anybody posting name of teams with age groups who are "cheating". Until you do that stop whining.

Express North 2026 at NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring Honesty Back equals look at USCL rankings for every year, Team 91 is the top team at almost all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you report them to NLF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring Honesty Back equals look at USCL rankings for every year, Team 91 is the top team at almost all.

Are your referring to the same rankings that 91 has a person handling ...yup real honest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj Spalina at us nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are your referring to the same rankings that 91 has a person handling ...yup real honest

Not a big fan of rankings, but Inside Lacrosse is definitely better than 91's preferred rankings at US Club Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same rankings that have 91 machine ranked #1 even though they lost to the kings ranked #3. Yup, got it . That's where we should look for honesty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well another ā€œbe quite, move along guy.ā€ When a guy picks your pocket you do not just say oh well i will just move along. Spoken like a cheater. There are rules. They are not followed. I will give you the clubs control the rules which some do not follow and more importantly do not enforce

Where can we find the rules? I have never seen any rules that discuss player eligibility. And no, I am not a cheater. I am just watching older kids push my son out and recognize there is not much I can do about it at 13. When the kids get to high school it will mostly even out until then make sure your son has fun and try to keep him engaged.

There is something you can do about it. Take your money elsewhere. Be a man of action versus complaining on an anonymous forum.

Of course I am moving my son to a different program (I am a "man of action" after all). He is getting pushed out by older kids. But I am certainly not complaining it - I am just doing it.

I guess you thought you would get some validation on BOTC. Stop looking for it and just do it. Can't believe adult males still need to get a hug for following their convictions. Kind of ridiculous.

You are an odd duck whoever you are. This is supposed to be fun. Does not seem like are having much fun unless acting like a hammerhead is fun for you.

Yeah OP likes cancel culture for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same rankings that have 91 machine ranked #1 even though they lost to the kings ranked #3. Yup, got it . That's where we should look for honesty

USCL publishes their data and math that makes the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if the original poster has done anything ā€œrealā€ to address his problem with ā€œhonestyā€. Is his action coming onto an anonymous site to complain? Has he emailed coaches? Has he spoken to them at tournaments? What real action has he taken? Anonymous complaining on a site no coach or lacrosse official reads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blame the colleges. Those coaches would rather have a freshman turning 20 than kids on age.

It trickles down from there.

Until players can start to earn significant money playing professionally- this isnā€™t ever going age based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the recap of the objectors: you are a donk; your kid stinks; you are jealous of my kid; you are a hammerhead, no fun, get a hobby; nothing to see here, move along; it does not matter, wait till 11th grade; cancel culture, witch hunter.

The personal attacks, who cares, just shows weak mind. To those that say the cheating does not matter, exactly, if the win is not so important why not pull a player up versus cheating and playing someone down? And isnā€™t if funny how, magically, this player is usually a stud FOGO, goalie or midfielder? Certain clubs, coaches and parents value the win, even if cheating is required. Actually it is kind of funny that those pointing out the cheating are labeled as crybabies, wanting the win so badly, by cheaters who are willing to cheat to win.

A few have been called out, I am sure there are many more. Bottom line, this is not cancel culture, this is sunlight. If the coaches and clubs can hide in the shadows and cheat, some of those with flexible morals will cheat. Many parents will understandably stay quiet and not call it out, so as not to rock the boat with the club and coaches that hold so much power. To those who say otherwise, when you offer your opinion on the sideline, probably loudly and everyone is just nodding their head, do not mistake it for agreement. Life is too short, most do not want to get in an argument. Everyone knows cheating is inherently wrong. Not that you care, but when you make such ridiculous arguments you have put a big label on your forehead that says ā€œquestionable character.ā€ Bottom line, the rules are loose and the people that should enforce even these loose rules are not. You have a fox in the hen house. In the end, it needs to be fixed. Let the sunlight be the disinfectant. These clubs and coaches have reputations to protect, and if they are willing to cheat even on the loose rules to win a youth lacrosse game, they should be called out. Donā€™t do the crime if you canā€™t do the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!

But I imagine walking up to the Tournament tent, day of games, and asking to confirm the grade of a current player would be a tough call.

We play hockey also, parents have and do request it. But parents also complain that their kid born in November doesn't get a chance with the kid born in February playing on the team. Puberty at this age determines everything.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

2027 express a team nlf had a 14 year old come play for just that tourney his dad was on the sidelines and admitted it šŸ¤”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 express a team nlf had a 14 year old come play for just that tourney his dad was on the sidelines and admitted it šŸ¤”

Well express rosters change week to week so this is ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That wasnā€™t the question. Did you report it to NLF? Since he admitted it to you, it should have been easy to report.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw Miles jones playing on 91 machine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again .....the dad didn't admit that because he's not 14 stunad. He's a 2027 graduation year and fyi is now on the team permanently with his dad as a coach . So I guess you and your disgusting rage parents will cry all year next year when you lose again . Excuses excuses . And keep saying that the dad admitted it to you and we will find out who you are and and you can ask him face to face . You're a brainless cry baby . Oh and by the way you're still talking about the same kid that your head coach begged to come play for rage . So stop embarrassing yourself and keep lying about the kid and his father and you will get hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if the original poster has done anything ā€œrealā€ to address his problem with ā€œhonestyā€. Is his action coming onto an anonymous site to complain? Has he emailed coaches? Has he spoken to them at tournaments? What real action has he taken? Anonymous complaining on a site no coach or lacrosse official reads.

Who said it was a ā€œheā€ that initiated this thread? I am not convinced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you identity yourself so we can talk about your lies face to face ? Disgusting piece of trash

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Why don't you identity yourself so we can talk about your lies face to face ? Disgusting piece of trash

Are you upset that you got caught out there Iā€™d be embarrassed as well itā€™s funny keep denying it but the kids father alone with a handful of your parents agreed.. tsk tsk itā€™s ok guys take a deep breath it was proven so why are you still getting upset enjoy your dad runned team šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your going to continue to post lies you should identify yourself . I'm guessing you're too much of a coward to do that . But you're spreading lies about someone's kid and his father for that matter . So unless you have the balls to identify yourself maybe you should stop with the lies .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you upset that you got caught out there Iā€™d be embarrassed as well itā€™s funny keep denying it but the kids father alone with a handful of your parents agreed.. tsk tsk itā€™s ok guys take a deep breath it was proven so why are you still getting upset enjoy your dad runned team šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Lol, anyone who has ever played for express knows their cheating ways! Fish rots from the head down. The only care about your money, not your kid!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If your going to continue to post lies you should identify yourself . I'm guessing you're too much of a coward to do that . But you're spreading lies about someone's kid and his father for that matter . So unless you have the balls to identify yourself maybe you should stop with the lies .

What lies you bozo that you had a 14 yr old play šŸ˜‚me and 10 other people heard from parents on the sidelines that play for your team šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ā€¦ identify yourself šŸ¤”ā€¦ heard a lot of people arenā€™t very happy about the team after the season due to old man calling the shots šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ have fun with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I expected no balls to identify yourself, keep spreading lies .....you're pathetic

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As I expected no balls to identify yourself, keep spreading lies .....you're pathetic

Words of a cheater šŸ˜­šŸ˜­what does me saying who I am change your teams ways ā€¦ do me a favor drop your number in my inbox see how big your balls are šŸ˜Ž

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the recap of the objectors: you are a donk; your kid stinks; you are jealous of my kid; you are a hammerhead, no fun, get a hobby; nothing to see here, move along; it does not matter, wait till 11th grade; cancel culture, witch hunter.

The personal attacks, who cares, just shows weak mind. To those that say the cheating does not matter, exactly, if the win is not so important why not pull a player up versus cheating and playing someone down? And isnā€™t if funny how, magically, this player is usually a stud FOGO, goalie or midfielder? Certain clubs, coaches and parents value the win, even if cheating is required. Actually it is kind of funny that those pointing out the cheating are labeled as crybabies, wanting the win so badly, by cheaters who are willing to cheat to win.

A few have been called out, I am sure there are many more. Bottom line, this is not cancel culture, this is sunlight. If the coaches and clubs can hide in the shadows and cheat, some of those with flexible morals will cheat. Many parents will understandably stay quiet and not call it out, so as not to rock the boat with the club and coaches that hold so much power. To those who say otherwise, when you offer your opinion on the sideline, probably loudly and everyone is just nodding their head, do not mistake it for agreement. Life is too short, most do not want to get in an argument. Everyone knows cheating is inherently wrong. Not that you care, but when you make such ridiculous arguments you have put a big label on your forehead that says ā€œquestionable character.ā€ Bottom line, the rules are loose and the people that should enforce even these loose rules are not. You have a fox in the hen house. In the end, it needs to be fixed. Let the sunlight be the disinfectant. These clubs and coaches have reputations to protect, and if they are willing to cheat even on the loose rules to win a youth lacrosse game, they should be called out. Donā€™t do the crime if you canā€™t do the time.

You get an A+ for virtue signalling. You get a D minus as a lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get an A+ for virtue signalling. You get a D minus as a lost.

Virtual signaling is done by someone that wants personal recognition by a certain population. As an anonymous message board, that hardly seems to be the case. Well, I will admit, I do enjoy watching others squirm and name call trying to justify blatant cheating. And I am not talking about reclass or daddy coaches. I am mostly talking about use of illegal older players and double rostering in same tournament.

What shocks me is how careless those in charge can act. Many of the people involved have prominent high school and college coaching positions. Someone talked about lawsuits, maybe a threat, though to me it seems remote. But can you imagine a local online paper, a HS or college student online blog or a local sports blogger starting to ask questions? How about a school board or college board of trustees catches wind? Do you ever see how crazy it can get? Maybe these guys feel invincible, but there is a very large population out there that could care less about who wins a youth lacrosse game, but would be very happy to take one of these guys down to, as you say, virtue signal. They have done it to themselves. They have placed their heads on the chopping block and now it is just a matter of time to see if they straiten it out before someone comes and takes a swing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hold back argument on here was annoying and tiresome before. Now a whole discussion on it?

Guess your kid was a hold back. Knew he wouldnā€™t cut it with his peers. A Cheating Fugazi like his old man

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who said it was a ā€œheā€ that initiated this thread? I am not convinced.

I was thinking the same thing.....

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard