BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 208 of 264 1 2 206 207 208 209 210 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played top ranked teams and the stats were never accurate. One example was when the opposing team's best player scored one goal and was credited with three. That is just one example. It happened all the time. The biggest abuse of stats came with adding assist. That was never accurate even in the playoffs. Our team never has accurate stats. Players would complain and they were told nothing could be done because it was already called in by the coach. The "mistakes" always favored the same players. My guy plays defense so it never affected him. Those that say stats are not accurate are not making it up.

Once again, a poster throwing around words like "top ranked teams" "it happened all the time", yet gives no specific dates or teams to validate the claim. It didn't happen all the time, the stats were mostly accurate, and what kid is complaining to the coach about missing stats? if my son made that complaint to his coach he would be done and I would be embarrassed for him. Whatever happened to winning?

There is nothing wrong with a player pointing out to his coach that the scorekeeper got it wrong. If you are not going to try to get it right than why bother keeping score or stats at all?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played top ranked teams and the stats were never accurate. One example was when the opposing team's best player scored one goal and was credited with three. That is just one example. It happened all the time. The biggest abuse of stats came with adding assist. That was never accurate even in the playoffs. Our team never has accurate stats. Players would complain and they were told nothing could be done because it was already called in by the coach. The "mistakes" always favored the same players. My guy plays defense so it never affected him. Those that say stats are not accurate are not making it up.

Once again, a poster throwing around words like "top ranked teams" "it happened all the time", yet gives no specific dates or teams to validate the claim. It didn't happen all the time, the stats were mostly accurate, and what kid is complaining to the coach about missing stats? if my son made that complaint to his coach he would be done and I would be embarrassed for him. Whatever happened to winning?

There is nothing wrong with a player pointing out to his coach that the scorekeeper got it wrong. If you are not going to try to get it right than why bother keeping score or stats at all?

There is plenty wrong with it, especially if your team lost. I can’t imagine anyone posting that ever played a team sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is plenty wrong with it, especially if your team lost. I can’t imagine anyone posting that ever played a team sport.

Why bother with the stats at all? Why track them if you do not care if they are accurate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please, get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. For those who played team sports and scored and have stats to speak of should make sure the stats are accurate. Those who played sports would understand that more. If you just read how to books on being a team player and never accumulated stats and never played you would not be able to imagine a kid wanting his stats be recognized. A team player would make sure he was not credited with three goals when he only scored one. If that guy does not step up those who actually scored should try and get it right. Otherwise why keep stats?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please, get over yourself.

Says the guy literally crying over his sons missed assist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. For those who played team sports and scored and have stats to speak of should make sure the stats are accurate. Those who played sports would understand that more. If you just read how to books on being a team player and never accumulated stats and never played you would not be able to imagine a kid wanting his stats be recognized. A team player would make sure he was not credited with three goals when he only scored one. If that guy does not step up those who actually scored should try and get it right. Otherwise why keep stats?

So you played for a coach who was fine with you telling him you scored three goals and was only credited with one, nor your two assists should actually be three? You actually played for a guy who would have been fine with that scenario? Please tell me his name, I would love to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point that started this was that HS coaches have favorites and promote some kids over others. One way to do this is to make “mistakes” on stats before they are called in. Who knows what the motive is. But it happens more than you think. Some Schools have coaches who coach relatives or friends with parents of kids on the team. Others want to promote one kid over another. Honest mistakes do happen too. Students do the stat book. Kids all the time make “mistakes” for friends or kids they don’t like. Once the book is handed in the winning coach calls in whatever stats he wants. Maybe he changes it based on faulty memory or has favorites. Hard argue this is an accurate system. It always seems coaches favorites or relatives benefit from a mistake and are never hurt by one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who remembers the Empire State games knows about the politics involved. The difference is now there are thousands of dollars invested (wasted) in club programs and anonymous message boards to air grievances. People can argue stats all they want but film doesn't lie. Love how parents think college coaches are stunands duped by phantom assists given to undeserving players. I know that scores and stats called in are done so by the winning coach. So if your team is on the losing end you can only hope that their high school girls keeping the stats book aren't distracted by their infatuation for some members of the team. Stats are close. Check out the leading scorers over the years and then review their college careers. It's usually close if they played any level of competition in high school.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The point that started this was that HS coaches have favorites and promote some kids over others. One way to do this is to make “mistakes” on stats before they are called in. Who knows what the motive is. But it happens more than you think. Some Schools have coaches who coach relatives or friends with parents of kids on the team. Others want to promote one kid over another. Honest mistakes do happen too. Students do the stat book. Kids all the time make “mistakes” for friends or kids they don’t like. Once the book is handed in the winning coach calls in whatever stats he wants. Maybe he changes it based on faulty memory or has favorites. Hard argue this is an accurate system. It always seems coaches favorites or relatives benefit from a mistake and are never hurt by one.
Very true

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a ridiculous comment. it doesn't happen that often, I went to hundreds of lacrosse games and maybe a missed assist, never a missed goal. Maybe a missed ground ball, never a missed goal. maybe a missed CTO, never a missed goal. So not sure where your son plays, maybe enlighten all the readers here, it is after all anonymous, so we can all check Newsday next Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a ridiculous comment. it doesn't happen that often, I went to hundreds of lacrosse games and maybe a missed assist, never a missed goal. Maybe a missed ground ball, never a missed goal. maybe a missed CTO, never a missed goal. So not sure where your son plays, maybe enlighten all the readers here, it is after all anonymous, so we can all check Newsday next Spring.

I guess we all have different experiences. Some people notice more than others. My experience is like many others posting here that it happens a lot. If you just look at the way the scoring is kept it is impossible to be accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who think the statistics are accurate I ask you during games next spring to count the goalie saves on the winning higher level teams when they beat a team 20-0. The losing team will literally get no shots on goal and the goalie for the winning team will be credited with multiple saves. I am not going to single out any high schools but even on my son’s team where the coaches wanted to promote and was friends with the goalie’s parents he added multiple saves when the other team had at most two or three shots on goal. The stats are a joke and anyone who believes them may be on the gullible side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who think the statistics are accurate I ask you during games next spring to count the goalie saves on the winning higher level teams when they beat a team 20-0. The losing team will literally get no shots on goal and the goalie for the winning team will be credited with multiple saves. I am not going to single out any high schools but even on my son’s team where the coaches wanted to promote and was friends with the goalie’s parents he added multiple saves when the other team had at most two or three shots on goal. The stats are a joke and anyone who believes them may be on the gullible side.

Only parents and their kids care about stats. College coaches want to see video. Unless your son has set the county record for points, in 2 years no one will give a garbage about phantom assists or saves. You think a bad goalie is going to get recruited because a coach or stat girl padded his stats? Stop already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then I have to believe your son played on a garbage team. Son played on a “top team” in Nassau, stats were pretty on point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only parents and their kids care about stats. College coaches want to see video. Unless your son has set the county record for points, in 2 years no one will give a garbage about phantom assists or saves. You think a bad goalie is going to get recruited because a coach or stat girl padded his stats? Stop already.

Actually, coaches want to see the kid play in person, and they like to see kids play in the summer for top club teams, coaches want to see kids play against the best competition possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, coaches want to see the kid play in person, and they like to see kids play in the summer for top club teams, coaches want to see kids play against the best competition possible.

And when you get to that college make sure you tell the coach the stats are incorrect! Should earn you plenty of field time as he tries to correct this horrible mistake!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And when you get to that college make sure you tell the coach the stats are incorrect! Should earn you plenty of field time as he tries to correct this horrible mistake!!

Everyone should teach their own kids how to react if the stats are wrong. Or teach them to say nothing. There is no right or wrong just consequences. It may work out for some to point wrong stats out it may not. Some coaches will care some may not. There is no one universal answer to anything and no automatic predictable coach response. Just teach your kids to do the right thing and hope it works out for them because it does not always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone should teach their own kids how to react if the stats are wrong. Or teach them to say nothing. There is no right or wrong just consequences. It may work out for some to point wrong stats out it may not. Some coaches will care some may not. There is no one universal answer to anything and no automatic predictable coach response. Just teach your kids to do the right thing and hope it works out for them because it does not always.

There is absolutely no way you ever played a team sport in HS or college. You’re probably a very nice person though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is absolutely no way you ever played a team sport in HS or college. You’re probably a very nice person though.

Why does that matter? It means nothing if someone did not play in college. I understand lacrosse better than some people who have played just by watching even though I did not play lacrosse myself. Played d1 Hockey. Not in NY. Yes the stats were wrong there too. But got corrected most of the time. Hockey the stats were more important back in the day because college coaches came to the Hs games where I lived. Also not as much scoring so every point was important. If a mistake was made the players got it changed by the end of the game. Usually at the end of the period we would go to the score table and say that was not my goal. If a player did not do that he was not considered a team player. Doing the right thing has worked for me and my kids who now play d1 lacrosse. One left and doing what he needs to be done to be successful. You could never go wrong by being polite, honest and doing the right thing even if it does not work out for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who constantly harp on "politics" and "holdbacks" and all the other obstacles preventing their boys from recognition or success on the field just don't want to face reality. Your boy may be a good lacrosse player, even a great one, but he's not nearly as good as you think.

That may be true. But you also must consider the other side. All those parents, club coaches, and high school coaches with connections who continuously meet with or call the evaluators for whatever list or team is being put together also may know that the kid they are pushing for is not deserving and is not good enough or not as good as the unknown kid who was great at tryouts and may actually make the team or list on merit alone. If a superstar needs someone to call on his behalf when the kid who was much better than the superstar at a tryout has no one to call for him that also may mean that the superstar who always makes the top teams and list is not really all that good. It goes both ways. I would love to see a list or team put together from true evaluators who know nothing about the kids coming in and receive no calls from anyone to try and influence him. That would be a list that would be credible. Unfortunately that list or team does not exist. That’s why these lists, awards and teams mean absolutely nothing. I look at which kids made division one or top Division III school to determine who the best are. With the exception of maybe a handful who had connections to get on those college teams that is your list of best players.

Aren't there 3 divisions???? Its comical the "middle child" always gets omitted in conversations. ALOT of talent in that 2nd division.....just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

you guys are really sad, obsessing about statistics. Again, I have never ever seen a goal credited to another player. i would say not a single person on here has seen that in a HS game. perhaps in some silly club game, never a HS game. If Newsday made a mistake, that's on them. Maybe an assist, never a goal. I am betting none of you have either. So really what you are talking about is an assist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you guys are really sad, obsessing about statistics. Again, I have never ever seen a goal credited to another player. i would say not a single person on here has seen that in a HS game. perhaps in some silly club game, never a HS game. If Newsday made a mistake, that's on them. Maybe an assist, never a goal. I am betting none of you have either. So really what you are talking about is an assist.

Those who saw it and experienced it can confirm it happened with no reason not to tell the true. Those who have not seen it occur probably did not notice it but it still could have happened . You probably missed it since you admitted you don’t obsess over stats. You probably did not look close enough. You are not going to convince those who have seen it occur that it did not happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those who saw it and experienced it can confirm it happened with no reason not to tell the true. Those who have not seen it occur probably did not notice it but it still could have happened . You probably missed it since you admitted you don’t obsess over stats. You probably did not look close enough. You are not going to convince those who have seen it occur that it did not happen.

How many goals was your son shorted last year, the year before or any year he has been playing varsity for his HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the boys Highlight division at UA. I don't think I ever remember them not even making it into the bracket. Who picked this team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids get shorted more than padded in my experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the boys Highlight division at UA. I don't think I ever remember them not even making it into the bracket. Who picked this team?

What do you think happened?

The same thing that has been happening for the last few years, It's a political event for LI. Not saying all the kids who played didn't deserve to be there. Clearly there were many who did and some who did not. The excuse was that a handful of kids backed out. This is true but if the best team was assembled based on merit and talent, then it should not have mattered that some backed out. The team would of had enough depth to compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the densest post EVER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my kids have absolutely had goals they scored given to others. We called the coach and he had it corrected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck is going on at UA? What an embarrassment for LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my kids have absolutely had goals they scored given to others. We called the coach and he had it corrected.

Great catch mom/dad and I'm sure those corrections got them scholarships. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the point. People are saying it never happens!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is actually playing? Are the teams supposed to be good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

]

Not the point. People are saying it never happens!

Is this still being debated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only did it get them scholarships, it helped seal the All-American awards. Make sure you get mistakes corrected ASAP. Your kid deserves what he earned!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What the heck is going on at UA? What an embarrassment for LI!

Who is actually playing? Are the teams supposed to be good?

Did you see the roster and coaches? Supposed to be some of the best in the country!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]That is a good point. If a kid is credited with a goal that was not his that kid should notify the coaches. That would be a true team player. If he is willing to take credit for another player’s goal he is not a team player. It is that simple.

you guys are really sad, obsessing about statistics. Again, I have never ever seen a goal credited to another player. i would say not a single person on here has seen that in a HS game. perhaps in some silly club game, never a HS game. If Newsday made a mistake, that's on them. Maybe an assist, never a goal. I am betting none of you have either. So really what you are talking about is an assist.[/]

Not only did it get them scholarships, it helped seal the All-American awards. Make sure you get mistakes corrected ASAP. Your kid deserves what he earned!

Coach did it to your kid on purpose lolol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this serious ? 2024s never made it to playoffs at AS.
You sound a litter bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing new classification numbers move many schools up and down. Trying to find out how many will actually be impact moves South Side is a C hearing manhasset is a B again

Like Reply Quote
Page 208 of 264 1 2 206 207 208 209 210 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard