Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:01 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:58 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:52 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:51 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,594
Posts309,685
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Bring Honesty Back
LaxHonest #342052 07/27/21 08:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Club Lacrosse would simply adopt rules as USSoccer/USAHockey/USBaseball (Hard age driven) - These issues would never occur. It’s sad that this has never been really addressed. Can’t imagine how many children have been injured by a kid 2-3 years older ....playing in the same ‘Grade Driven’ division. In all intensive purposes ....it’s cheating. But it really isn’t if there are no rules stating otherwise. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #342054 07/27/21 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Club Lacrosse would simply adopt rules as USSoccer/USAHockey/USBaseball (Hard age driven) - These issues would never occur. It’s sad that this has never been really addressed. Can’t imagine how many children have been injured by a kid 2-3 years older ....playing in the same ‘Grade Driven’ division. In all intensive purposes ....it’s cheating. But it really isn’t if there are no rules stating otherwise. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Agree. Unfortunately it will take a lawsuit to force their hand as well as the lax tournament directors to enforce

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342063 07/27/21 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is frustrating competing against the reclass, holdbacks and cheaters. I will say that I truly believe my guy got a lot better playing against older players and always up against the best. He is playing high lever d1 and great academic school. Would he have done better if holdbacks did not take up college spots? Probably. But he would not have been as good of a player. With the holdbacks taking top spots it works out for some. When it does not work it is a disaster for the holdback in many ways.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342069 07/27/21 09:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm used to the holdbacks, but if teams are dropping players down for the summer before they actually reclass that that seems like cheating to me. Lacrosse year starts after tryouts. If you player from Sept through June on a 2025, dropping down to a 2026 for the summer is cheating. Dropping down in September while repeating 8th grade is not.

Would love to play poker with you! Wrong again. If the player is a 2026 grad year they can play 2024, 2025, 2026 all year long, even in the same tournament if it is approved by the TD, as long as they do not play 2027. The whiner, complainer above is funny and seems unstable.

Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342071 07/27/21 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hold back argument on here was annoying and tiresome before. Now a whole discussion on it?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Bearded_Kaos #342074 07/27/21 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bearded_Kaos
Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game? Update on responses:

1) you are a glass half empty guy, move along
2) forget the cheating, it will not matter in 11th grade.
3) Your kid stinks

Well, they are responses. Anything to avoid the core issue of age grade cheating by the clubs. You are right I am a donk, my kid stinks, I am salty, I need to get a hobby, all the other stuff. Just one question. Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game?

Please name the club where this happened.

Express 😎

When are where did this happen?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342077 07/27/21 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm used to the holdbacks, but if teams are dropping players down for the summer before they actually reclass that that seems like cheating to me. Lacrosse year starts after tryouts. If you player from Sept through June on a 2025, dropping down to a 2026 for the summer is cheating. Dropping down in September while repeating 8th grade is not.

Would love to play poker with you! Wrong again. If the player is a 2026 grad year they can play 2024, 2025, 2026 all year long, even in the same tournament if it is approved by the TD, as long as they do not play 2027. The whiner, complainer above is funny and seems unstable.

Sounds like Express 2026 parent who didn't like losing in NLF. You play who is in front of you and do your best. It doesn't matter. They all will be in HS together and play in college together. Whether the kid plays down in July or Sept it is what it is and it isn't going to change. I don't like holdbacks but judging by the top 15 2022 Boys holding your kids back WORKS. Couple of the kids were 2 years older than a "normal" 2022. IL celebrates it, why wouldn't parents do it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342078 07/27/21 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to developing players, relationships and loyalty? If you want to add to your roster, wait until next season. Why do it when you have a team that practices together and works together as a unit? Call me old school but there is such a thing as comraderie-bringing in players mid season just messes with your kids!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342082 07/27/21 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Unfortunately it will take a lawsuit to force their hand as well as the lax tournament directors to enforce

What are you talking about? We don’t need a lawsuit.

Last edited by JesLax1; 07/27/21 10:06 AM.
Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342091 07/27/21 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No? Then they should fix it.

You will get one litigious parent whose 11 year old son gets a serious head injury from a 13-14 year old and their lawyer will find a way that the lax tournament directors and US lax were negligent in allowing. and older kids to compete in an advertised 2028 group.

I wouldn't be that person but you know the world we live in and it could happen. And they don't even need to win the lawsuit but thi gs would change quickly.

In courts look at reasoable and customary things that similar organizations do and if you are an outlier you are exposed legally.

Will it ever happen?? Maybe not but why risk it?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
LaxHonest #342094 07/27/21 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we need to change some teams names because they are offensive lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342095 07/27/21 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will get one litigious parent whose 11 year old son gets a serious head injury from a 13-14 year old and their lawyer will find a way that the lax tournament directors and US lax were negligent in allowing. and older kids to compete in an advertised 2028 group.

I wouldn't be that person but you know the world we live in and it could happen. And they don't even need to win the lawsuit but thi gs would change quickly.

In courts look at reasoable and customary things that similar organizations do and if you are an outlier you are exposed legally.

My point was complaining about it constantly on here isn’t going to change anything. There a literally hundreds of threads on here about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342101 07/27/21 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point was complaining about it constantly on here isn’t going to change anything. There a literally hundreds of threads on here about holdbacks.

Agreed, just pick one of the high school classes, like 2023, and compare the threads on this forum from 3-4 years ago with the discussions today. The 2023 boys forum is almost inactive these days, but was blowing up with the LI vs. MD holdback/reclass discussions a few years ago...and the reason why...because the 2023s started playing high school lacrosse with juniors and seniors

Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342109 07/27/21 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still don't see anybody posting name of teams with age groups who are "cheating". Until you do that stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342110 07/27/21 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only a matter of time

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard