BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 112 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nems and LBC 2027's are much better than MDU. Nems and LBC were both competitive with top teams this summer. They are also both stronger than Pride. Agree that M&D probably up top with Hero's close behind. BLC seemed more competitive at NGLL than this summer.

NEMS LBC and MDU are pretty close together, none are better than the other. MDU beat NEMS in their last two meetings. LBC beat MDU in last two, but based on history of clubs, MDU will develop and pull away from both. Obviously talent coaching and recruiting will decide.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of Coppermine’s 2022 recruits are d1? Their high schools teams are just not very good and are never in the top bracket.

TLC had 24 commitments in 2021, 29 in 2020, and 27 in 2019. We’ve already noted that this year is an outlier for all clubs and NESAC commitments, among others, still to come.

And yes, we have been happy with the recruiting support. We have a family member a few years older who went from TLC to Vanderbilt.[/quote]
4 Coppermine are D1. What does their HS team have to do with Club? I guess the 23 commits for TLC will show if it was just a Fluke with the 22 class.[/quote]

To clarify, Coppermine’s high school AGE teams do not play in the top bracket. Could you provide a link for Coppermine’s 22 (and prior year) high school commits? Thanks in advance.

Coppermine has an advantage early because they start club teams but the best girls drifters recruited to better clubs by high school. Conversely, TLC is at a disadvantage in middle school because they don’t have any club teams younger than 5th grade, but they gain kids and gel throughout middle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why you are getting so bent out of shape. You can't compare the 2 Clubs. One has been around for a lot longer, but is evident that their recruiting was not up to par this year as in previous years. You can complain that it is COVID related or maybe it just wasn't their "best" team. Coppermine is growing, and I believe that every year their recruiting will step it up. There is so much involved with the recruiting - this is a 27 forum so how about enjoy your daughter playing and not get wrapped up in "the best" of everything. It's your daughters responsibility to get recruited, not the Club - she will be seen regardless if she play for the "best" or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why you are getting so bent out of shape. You can't compare the 2 Clubs. One has been around for a lot longer, but is evident that their recruiting was not up to par this year as in previous years. You can complain that it is COVID related or maybe it just wasn't their "best" team. Coppermine is growing, and I believe that every year their recruiting will step it up. There is so much involved with the recruiting - this is a 27 forum so how about enjoy your daughter playing and not get wrapped up in "the best" of everything. It's your daughters responsibility to get recruited, not the Club - she will be seen regardless if she play for the "best" or not.

Agreed here. Coppermine is a good club, least pre HS so either those kids on Coppermine leave for other clubs or they they mostly stay, either way the 2021 Coppermine 2027 team has good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still waiting for the requested link to the list of Coppermine 2022 and 2021 recruits. Again, thanks in advance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still waiting for the requested link to the list of Coppermine 2022 and 2021 recruits. Again, thanks in advance.
Why would you need a link, when anyone can do a search on their own?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? You seem to be giving very precise info and it isn’t on their website. It is unclear to me why you would not provide a link when asked politely. I would assume the club is proud of these commitments and would like to spread the news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? You seem to be giving very precise info and it isn’t on their website. It is unclear to me why you would not provide a link when asked politely. I would assume the club is proud of these commitments and would like to spread the news.

Yeesh. I don't even care about Coppermine but it takes 2 seconds to find commits.

https://www.connectlax.com/company/coppermine-lacrosse/commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only club I can find with alumni news: http://www.nemslax.com/alumni.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D, TLC and Heroes all have this info on their website under accomplishments, recognition, or similar title. Coppermine does not, but one poster claims to have this info for Coppermine but won’t provide a link. Unwillingness to share is makes it look like they are hiding something.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems and LBC 2027's are much better than MDU. Nems and LBC were both competitive with top teams this summer. They are also both stronger than Pride. Agree that M&D probably up top with Hero's close behind. BLC seemed more competitive at NGLL than this summer.

BLC only lost to Hero's Green and M&D this summer so what exactly do you mean?

Pride lost by 1 to LBC in summer.

Pride tied NEMS in summer

Sometimes I wonder if you all get confused on what grad year you are talking about or just don't bother to look at the scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D, TLC and Heroes all have this info on their website under accomplishments, recognition, or similar title. Coppermine does not, but one poster claims to have this info for Coppermine but won’t provide a link. Unwillingness to share is makes it look like they are hiding something.
No reason to provide link when it’s on their website (as well as Instagram), you just don’t want to look for some reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what I found to share with anyone that cares. Looks like a good amount for a newer but growing club.

https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/coppermine_lacrosse

I agree they will only get better though. Heard there were a lot of girls trying out for Coppermine 2027. Will be interesting to see who they get to accept an offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are finishing up for a lot of clubs.

Very interested to see how teams shake out. I don't see much talent added to M&D Black.

Coppermine looked bad in several summer games, but real good in others? Can't figure them out.

When will Skywalkers and TLC become a factor at 2027?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very interested to see how teams shake out. I don't see much talent added to M&D Black.

Coppermine looked bad in several summer games, but real good in others? Can't figure them out.

Gonna guess that Coppermine's two best players are out the door. And cant' blame em given the inconsistency of this past year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably sooner rather than later for both. TLC has a good core of 3 or 4 players, just needs to improve defense and goalkeeping. #18 would start at midfield for almost any 27 team around. They still delivered a few quality mid-tier wins, beating FCA twice, AIM and tying a top 20 NXT team.

SW probably has less to build around (rumor is they lost to their 28s in an intrasquad scrimmages) , but the name I'm sure will help them upgrade their talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably sooner rather than later for both. TLC has a good core of 3 or 4 players, just needs to improve defense and goalkeeping. #18 would start at midfield for almost any 27 team around. They still delivered a few quality mid-tier wins, beating FCA twice, AIM and tying a top 20 NXT team.

SW probably has less to build around (rumor is they lost to their 28s in an intrasquad scrimmages) , but the name I'm sure will help them upgrade their talent.

Not sure why any parent would want to play for that 2027 Skywalkers coach. I have heard her berate her girls after a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why any parent would want to play for that 2027 Skywalkers coach. I have heard her berate her girls after a loss.

May need to narrow that down. They had 31 of them this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR...

Sometimes kids need to hear the truth, when they don't play up to their potential or give lackadaisical effort. Glad some coaches are still holding kids accountable. God forbid a kid gets their feelings hurt after a tough loss! Poor baby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR...

Sometimes kids need to hear the truth, when they don't play up to their potential or give lackadaisical effort. Glad some coaches are still holding kids accountable. God forbid a kid gets their feelings hurt after a tough loss! Poor baby!

I agree kids need to hear the truth but skywalkers berates and belittles their players. my daughter will never play for that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW -they are awful! Even at all ages. They should not be allowed to talk to their players like that in public, as in shred indoor playing facilities (it happened)
Our team played them and their coach was gloating on the sidelines as the same two girls played go-to-goal the whole time. I can’t imagine the other attack or middies liked it either, esp since it was a big recruiting tourney. I just wanted to tell off that little man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR...

OR...

This is beyond telling kids the truth. I have no problem when that is done in the correct way. Screaming at your team and telling these 12 year girls they are an embarrassment to the Skywalkers program is not the right way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way they are playing, they are an embarrassment to a once good Skywalker program.
Guess you're not allowed to tell the truth to kids anymore.
The sad part is, the kids know they deserve the verbal dressing down.
But parents don't want their kid's feelings hurt. Parents are what is wrong with youth sports.
The kids need to take pride in what they are doing and execute. Or move along and try softball.
The coach knows what they are talking about. They see your kid in practice every day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Skywalkers coach 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way they are playing, they are an embarrassment to a once good Skywalker program.
But parents don't want their kid's feelings hurt. Parents are what is wrong with youth sports.
The kids need to take pride in what they are doing and execute. Or move along and try softball.
The coach knows what they are talking about. They see your kid in practice every day.

You may be fine with your kid being bullied. You probably treat your child like garbage at home too.

I am not. Tell the the truth, no problem. But do it tactfully. These are pre-teens. There is absolutely no use in talking to the girls like that. I would not stand for being talked to like that, and I won’t let me daughter be talked to like that either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOw! You are talking about 27s! Coach’s DONT always know what they are talking about fool!!! You sound like you got hit in the head with a softball! You are what is wrong in youth sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an embarrassment to youth sports , that’s the sad part

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the helicopter parents who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap are what's killing sports.

Parents know what is best for their kids- even if they've never played the sport or never watch practice ad see their kids giving lackluster effort most of the time.

"Don't hurt my kid's feelings! They are a precious gift!"

So many parents have created a generation of soft kids who expect their mom or dad to swoop in and talk to the coach or find their kid another team...if the going gets tough.

Perseverance. Toughness. Discipline. Loyalty. They are all unfortunately the exception, not the rule, in today's club sports world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the helicopter parents who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap are what's killing sports.

Parents know what is best for their kids- even if they've never played the sport or never watch practice ad see their kids giving lackluster effort most of the time.

So many parents have created a generation of soft kids who expect their mom or dad to swoop in and talk to the coach or find their kid another team...if the going gets tough.

Perseverance. Toughness. Discipline. Loyalty. They are all unfortunately the exception, not the rule, in today's club sports world.

100% truth! I'm sure not many will like hearing this but this is reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. This is why we have all the club jumpers and parent jockeying for position each year at tryout time. The kids dont show any loyalty to the clubs because their parents answer is to just find a new Club with “better opportunities.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regarding SW 27, there is a difference between tough feedback and personal attacks. What I saw I Lax for the Cure after the SJ Select games, was clearly in the latter category.

Also, a complete failure by the club leadership for not moving their 27 blue out of A+ division and allow them to win some games and get some confidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The McLaughlin's have been doing this for years. This isn't new to this team. Every team to ever play for SW has been told they are an embarrassment to the program at some point over the years. Some people are ok with the verbal abuse thrown at their kids and some aren't. At least I think Mike stopped making all the girls give him a hug at the end of practice after he berated them for 90 minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember loyalty goes both ways. When coaches tell kids, "play like that you wont be on the team next year", its no wonder parents and kids start to look around. Also, when club owners have mid-season tryouts for potential new tryouts, loyalty is pretty much gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. This is why we have all the club jumpers and parent jockeying for position each year at tryout time. The kids dont show any loyalty to the clubs because their parents answer is to just find a new Club with “better opportunities.”

Serious question, don’t you expect the club to take the best players?

If so, why wouldn’t you expect the player to pick the best club for themselves?

This is a 2 way street.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember loyalty goes both ways. When coaches tell kids, "play like that you wont be on the team next year", its no wonder parents and kids start to look around. Also, when club owners have mid-season tryouts for potential new tryouts, loyalty is pretty much gone.

Exactly.
The kid owes it to themself to find the best fit. That kid will get cut if another kid comes in who is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should kids show loyalty to a club when the club has no loyalty to the kids? You think the moment a better player comes around a club won’t cut your kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a HUGE difference between telling kids what they are doing wrong, and degrading them. A coach can get the point across that the team needs to work harder/do better/etc without treating the girls on the team like person. If you can’t see the difference and are ok with a coach treating your kid like this, then I feel sorry for your kid. I can only imagine how you treat her in private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalker’s coach’s all scream at their teams, it comes from the top. Even the teams that are ranked high receive this treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should kids show loyalty to a club when the club has no loyalty to the kids? You think the moment a better player comes around a club won’t cut your kid?

Of course clubs will cut kids. Why shouldn't they, unless they are True? No sense in dealing with kids who don't want to work.

How many kids think that they are "club lacrosse material" when they are really rec-level?

How many kids play club lacrosse that never hit a wall? Never run in the offseason? Miss lacrosse practices for indoor soccer games? Think that every kid deserves equal playing time?

Those kids aren't club players. They are rec players who THINK they are club players.

Its the same thinking that "Everyone should have a college degree." College isn't for everyone.

Neither is club lacrosse. But we have lots of parents patting their kids on the head, maneuvering so their daughter doesn't have to realize they aren't cut out for club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers has stunk at the younger ages for the longest time. They don't get better until they have their secret tryouts and clinics and bring in 30 kids from out of state to play on their team. They also don't really develop talent. They wait for girls to move on from Copperine, NEMs, etc for the college recruiting years.

Page 9 of 112 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard