BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lets face it, on most of these travel teams the coach's kid is the best player or certainly in the top 5, that is why they are on the field. On all teams, the 18th kid is not nearly as good as the top kid. Most of the Dad's coaching, at the travel level anyway, are in that position because they have experience, understand the game and are pretty good. Sure there is an inherent bias and they give their kid every opportunity to succeed, but they are also usually the harshest on their own kids and at the end of the day they want to win.

Let’s not “face it” … not true in many cases that I know of! Why do parents feel the need to coach their own kids? And, why do clubs allow it? If the kid is truly the best, let another coach, coach them. If they are the best, they will not be denied playing time without daddy there. Coach’s still want to win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boys are going into 6th grade. No reason for Daddy’s to be coaching their travel teams. If the coach has a son on the team your best bet is to find a different club there is probably 25,738 to choose from on The island. Any given one of them will take your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boys are going into 6th grade. No reason for Daddy’s to be coaching their travel teams. If the coach has a son on the team your best bet is to find a different club there is probably 25,738 to choose from on The island. Any given one of them will take your money.

Rebels, Rush, express, igloo, 91, legacy, moose all have parent coaches. I’m sure the others that I didn’t mention have parent coaches as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense not many would want to coach little kids for no reason. Can’t imagine they get paid much. Parent coaches have a reason. Rare you get lucky enough to get a non parent coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels the new kid in town. The new AA program. The one to get your son on now. They are exploding.

Please stop with the AA , its A,B,C

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a c division now???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did rush lose 2nd game today? Surprised they lost to Rebels 6-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree daddy ball is bad. But who in their right mind would sign up to do it for the money their being paid? A person could get 5k for coaching middle school lacrosse. No fall ball. No fall tourneys. No winter ball. Then when the season comes it’s 7 weeks long! For a travel coach you get the same money but 10 times times the work. And then you have the parents complaining non stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does East Coast Elite have a 2028 team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels beat Rush because they are better

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why surprised? They are a top team on the Island. Rush is very good as well. Remember they are 11 yrs old and this 2028 has talent on a bunch of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why surprised? They are a top team on the Island. Rush is very good as well. Remember they are 11 yrs old and this 2028 has talent on a bunch of teams.

Thought they were going to be very good this year but they did not have many wins.
And we will have to agree to disagree about Rebels being a top team. They can’t beat top teams. This weekend proves that again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched this game checking out the talent for my kids upcoming games and there was a major difference in philosophies going on with the coaches, the starting attack, defense and goalie never left the field for the Rebels and it seemed like Rush was playing everyone equal time. We played both Rush and the Rebels and they are both strong teams, I wouldn’t say that one was clearly better than the other, they both have a bunch of incredibly talented kids. You would have to imagine at 11 years old there would have to be a happy medium with substituting, and it’s certainly somewhere in between how the Rebels and Rush did it. I’m sure Rush kids were upset they lost, and I’m sure 1/2 the Rebels kids that never walked onto the field were very upset as well, it’s a long trip to watch others play.

Rebels beat Rush because they are better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels played very good , tough one goal loss. Watch and see how good the whole program will be. is a bad trait. Go Tebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go Rebels. Try to get on a team or next year wish you did. Let’s go Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go Rebels. Try to get on a team or next year wish you did. Let’s go Rebels

Agreed. They have the best players at key spots and will only improve this year. Definitely a team on the upswing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any info on tryouts today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically you go to their website for that info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Legacy has 27s play with there 2028s in big tournaments, do the 27s have to try out for the 28 team to... LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Legacy has 27s play with there 2028s in big tournaments, do the 27s have to try out for the 28 team to... LOL!
Totally False

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone said the rebels losing a key player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy disparaging Dad coaches. Most dad's coach because they feel they can teach the game better than available options. They'll step to the side when they find their equal or more dedicated figure to take over in that capacity. Often there is not a better option. You are delusional if you think there is a deep pool of non-parent coaches that know the game, want to coach and do so for 3k a year with kids they have no tie to and actually have the time to do so. If you have access to that pipeline Ki suggest you start a staffing company focused on youth lacrosse coach placement (don't quit your day job in the meantime though).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 100 percent uses older players to win. As far as Rebels go if you want to leave don’t let the door hit you in the as on the way out. Across the board the best the # 1 program on the way to the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One player never makes a team. Ten kids playing together make it happen. Anyone leaving Rebels now is just straight out making a mistake. Let’s go Rebels. Yes legacy cheats all the time.,can not win without it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever you are Rebels enthusiast ….. you have serious issues and a serious disconnect from reality. Go to the honesty posts and share your facts to prove that Legacy cheats. You do realize that’s you’re doing the exact opposite of what you’re trying to do, I was planning on having my son try out for Rebels because a few of his friends are on the team, but you’ve certainly swayed me 100% away, and before you go claiming things, my son would 100% make the list of the only 10 kids that play on that team. The times I’ve seen the Rebels this summer the parents were 100% better on the sidelines, you are reinforcing the odd theory of crazy Rebels parents. Let the scores talk, who have the Rebels beaten besides a lucky win vs Moose?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that’s just you trying to start crapola

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now we know you are talking @#%^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s Rebels on every thread. This is tryout week. They are trying so hard to make 2 teams each grade. To do this kids need to attend tryouts. I agree though.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever you are Rebels enthusiast ….. you have serious issues and a serious disconnect from reality. Go to the honesty posts and share your facts to prove that Legacy cheats. You do realize that’s you’re doing the exact opposite of what you’re trying to do, I was planning on having my son try out for Rebels because a few of his friends are on the team, but you’ve certainly swayed me 100% away, and before you go claiming things, my son would 100% make the list of the only 10 kids that play on that team. The times I’ve seen the Rebels this summer the parents were 100% better on the sidelines, you are reinforcing the odd theory of crazy Rebels parents. Let the scores talk, who have the Rebels beaten besides a lucky win vs Moose?

There are some rebels diehards on this site, but the parents on 28 rebels team are great. Have been a part since beginning and it is very good now. Dont let someone from a random anonymous board (That kid probably isnt even on the 18 team) deter you from coming to tryouts.

Also was at PLC and Legacy 100% brought 27s to compete against 28s. Have friends on team. Excuse was that True National has holdbacks so why cant we play 27s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not start issue. Either way the kids that are picked for Rebels Hydra will be blessed with top of the top coaching and will develop. Everyone can agree to disagree on other things, but that you cannot argue.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By he way wins are not luck- dope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is posting Rebels propaganda on every age topic . Low class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea find out who going to different tryouts from your team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some rebels diehards on this site, but the parents on 28 rebels team are great. Have been a part since beginning and it is very good now. Dont let someone from a random anonymous board (That kid probably isnt even on the 18 team) deter you from coming to tryouts.

Also was at PLC and Legacy 100% brought 27s to compete against 28s. Have friends on team. Excuse was that True National has holdbacks so why cant we play 27s.

The 27s had there own games to play at similar times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. They have the best players at key spots and will only improve this year. Definitely a team on the upswing.

Hah!! What key positions??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not start issue. Either way the kids that are picked for Rebels Hydra will be blessed with top of the top coaching and will develop. Everyone can agree to disagree on other things, but that you cannot argue.

Have their top players progressed? Why is their team regressing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy had a great turnout today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hah!! What key positions??

Can we stop the rebels are good, the rebels are not good arguments. If you’re interested go to tryouts, if not then don’t. See how the season goes and then talk your stuff whatever team you are a part of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All players have progressed a lot. Kids get great coaching. Team isn’t regressing it is progressing. Competing with some of countries too programs. Had some big wins this year, but need some more time together with a new piece or 2 to beat the best teams around. Honest assessment from someone staying with the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All players have progressed a lot. Kids get great coaching. Team isn’t regressing it is progressing. Competing with some of countries too programs. Had some big wins this year, but need some more time together with a new piece or 2 to beat the best teams around. Honest assessment from someone staying with the team.

What were the big wins you mention?

Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard